What is the appeal of a 240sx?

What is the appeal of a 240sx?

It's the GT86/BRZ of it's time.

Its a good tuning platform.
Theres many different engine swap possibilities.
Lots of new suspension parts are still made for s chassis.
They are easy to work on.

Nobody wants a stock 240sx.
Only eurofags leave their cars stock.

It's the the long wheelbase tuner car of Japan. Bigger than a Miata, but still small and has assloads of aftermarket.

>Nobody wants a stock 240sx.
I think they look fine as-is, aftermarket wheels are one of the few positive modifications one could make IMO

So what your saying is you dont want a stock 240sx either.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about suspension, chassis, and engine mawdz. 100% agree on the wheels, 90s cars are visually cursed by their stock wheels usually.

They used to be REALLLLY cheap. Therfore, it created a huge following, and that made it have large aftermarket aftermarket support. They also have semi-decent suspension geometry and an engine bay big enough to fit anything you want in there, so it makes a great tuning platform. Along with all those, the popularity of drifting made the car very valuable because it happens to be good at that as well.

>Cheap
>Aftermarket is huge
>90's tuner/drift car appeal
>RWD

Assuming you don't get one that's beat to shit, even the KE engines have a pretty wide berth of tuning opportunities.

*KA, KE is a corolla.

>150hp
>enough for a 2800lb car

Sure thing kiddo

Sorry, polished off a bit tonight obviously.

>whats the appeal of a rwd sports car

>it's a Soviet doesn't make a completely cancerous post for once episode
Have you been drinking or something?

not all of my posts are shitposts

He's finished his chores, mom says he can shitpost

actually I haven't washed all the dishes

Is it dawn or laundry detergent for those dishes?

what?

Forgot that Lithuanians don't get the luxury of the greatness that is dawn dish soap.

He's american, dipshit

He's a lithuanian street rat, he's not American it's been debunked

I am not lithuanian
I am not american

besides I just use normal powder soap, and use latex gloves, why would I waste money on dawn dish soap???

Then fuck off, third worlder.

>Powder soap
>why would I waste money on dawn dish soap
Because you're a fithy mongrel

Its a meme car for weebs that think they are racers like the Initial D meme car.

every country is third world in Veeky Forums
not an argument

Show me one rwd japanese sports car that isn't a meme car.

It's like a Japanese Fox body.

Sweet bus pass user

no because the SR doesn't explode at 500 hp, unlike the 302

240SXs don't come with SR20s. I can see the analogy, both used to be fairly cheap, and while far from good stock, could be made fairly good for fairly cheap. 240SX has a better chassis to start with, Fox has a better engine to start with. Prior to the 2010s, 350+ hp was pretty damn fast, and that was what the 302 was relatively cheaply capable of doing, although once you pass 300 wheel you are putting the trans at risk and you will need to have reinforced the torque boxes and connected the front and rear subframes.

Damn near every sr20 I see pushed pass 400 whp explodes.

probably because they had stock internals
the 302 was fucking trash my dude

Technically you can get either past 400 or 500, but there's not much point because you'll have to brace the 302 or some shit like that, and the SR is going to be nothing for 85% of its rev range before boost kicks in. At that point you should be moving to an LSx engine, aluminum or iron block, for the fox and whatever the hell you want in the 240.
For a cheap go-fast car, it's not half-bad considering its age. Stock it was extremely choked, but if you want to make decent power cheap you go to a junkyard and rip the heads/intake manifold off of a mid-90s Exploder, rebuild the heads to handle the higher RPM of the Mustang motor, put an exhaust system that actually breathes on it, and if you're feeling fancy update the cam with something like even a cheap letter cam. It's by no means the lightest, nor most advanced, nor most powerful motor, but it gets the job done of putting your ass far back into your seat on a budget.

flip-up headlights

stock 240sx are ugly.

stock 180sx's or Silvias on the other hand look great stock