Alright Veeky Forums, I'm looking to get into Honda car culture. What ride should I get that's relatively cheap...

Alright Veeky Forums, I'm looking to get into Honda car culture. What ride should I get that's relatively cheap, yet still decent and easily modded? I've been looking into Integras, and it seems to be what I'm looking for. I like RSXs, and preludes seem decent too, Thoughts/suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IaH9MVoitE0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>honda
>culture

lolwut

>17206162
I actually love tasteful hondas
the issue is 99% are riced out not tastefully modded

any 90's civic with vtekz motor stock like the D16Y8 with an ebay turbo can easily make 200 horse.

You'll be surprised how much fun it is in a little honda

The RSX is the best car Honda has made.

never really had a problem with the cars tbqh, it's their owners that i can't stand. a lot of them have little man syndrome and will take anything you say that isn't a direct compliment as an attack on their personal character.

Buy a civic for 3k and keep it stock.

2000 EK with a couple simple mods

what is your goal for modding? to make a $3k car as fast as a $30k car?

Somewhat. Just have the potential to make it faster. Maybe turbo it.

what if it's already turbocharged

Don't. Unless you enjoy having your car always stolen. Enjoy being the butt end of everyone else in the car cultures jokes. Enjoy the taste of dick in your mouth. The only respectable hondas are as follows. A real Type-R, S2000, NSX. If it isnt one of those dont bother. The S2k and NSXs dont get jacked all the time cuz they arent part of the cancer of the HONDAVAPENATION crowd, the TypeR depending on which one, could be a magnet for getting stolen, or be perfectly fine.

That's fine with me, but I'd rather do it myself to eliminate the possibility of burnt parts or shit mods

what if it's already turbocharged from the factory

>honda culture
WHY?

the best car to get is a mini. why? has go kart like handling, but its under powered so stick a honda motor in that. the honda swap has been around for over 10 years and mini parts you can still buy NEW. yes LHD/RHD doesnt matter will be the best car you will ever have....

I suppose that's not too bad. However a model that is stock turbo'd probably eliminates the possibility of it being cheap.

>mini
>only driven by gays and women
I prefer something that isn't a british faggotwagon, thanks.

drop an odyssey engine in a first gen CRX, turbo it and get slicks

youtube.com/watch?v=IaH9MVoitE0

what if you just financed a $30k turbo charged honda from the factory instead of spending a chunk of your paycheck every month modifying a shitbox?

because you can buy the shitbox out right and make it faster for half the price

F U N
U
N

the type r is a sedan?

I understand the appeal.

But I'd rather have a warrantied cream of the crop nurburgring record crushing CTR than modify an older honda desu.

Plus the car will still be valuable when the warranty is out if I want to get rid of it. Just look at how much those Mugen sedans are selling for now - and that was just mostly an appearance package. The old ass ITR's are still worth $20k+ now too.

It's a hatchback but not a master race three door hatchback.

OP just get any manual Honda and you can do a lot with it. Fifth gen hatchback is the top choice for potential. The CX trim is extremely light and you can take many parts from Integras like brakes and suspension.

Preludes are cool and handle well if you get a model with four wheel steering (third gen) or ATTS (fifth gen), but they are fairly heavy and are more suited to the highway.

There are a lot of cars to choose from. It's gonna be mostly personal preference. Pretty much all of them have huge aftermarket support.

>I understand the appeal.
>But I'd rather have a warrantied cream of the crop nurburgring record crushing CTR than modify an older honda desu.

Clearly you don't understand the appeal. To each his own and if that's what you'd be doing then okay but as far as I'm concerned I'd rather own and modify an old shitty honda that needs lots of work and will be worth about 1/3 of what I spend on it to an enthusiastic buyer. The equivalent monetary value of the entertainment I'd get from building it and driving it would more than make up for the actual loss.

no thats a honda.

Anything dohc really. sohc's are garbage for any kind of real power, people only do it for shits and giggles.

>3k civic meme

.Hello I am new here ready to meme Integras. Saving to build a K20 DC2

You can get gsr integras fairly cheap and they are a great platform for performance mods. Just harder to find one that hasn't been abused. But there is a definite market for non molested ones so they're definitely out there.