If I make $50k a year, and my bills total up to roughly $1000/month, how much should I spend on a car loan...

If I make $50k a year, and my bills total up to roughly $1000/month, how much should I spend on a car loan? Down payment and monthly payments.

0. Only a complete fucking moron or desperate nigger gets a car loan.

go fuck yourself, little bitch

>2017
>getting any kind of loan
I cant believe people still fall for this jewish propaganda. dont spend money you dont have.

this
never get a loan for something that won't increase in value
fucking poor people are so stupid

This. A car loan is just a way to jew idiots out of money or shift shit cars they can't sell. Remember if they are offering you a lower rate on interest than you or they could get in a bank there is a reason for it.

You guys are fucking retarded. Interest rates are at like 3%. On $10K over three years, that's like $500. Who gives a shit?

Christ, I can't believe how many morons on this board don't understand finances.

Op, I split my yearly income in half and that's what I allow myself to finance. Leaves things pretty damn comfortable and lets me make double payments on regular basis.

Whats your credit like? If you have none/it's bad, massive down payment.

Because they want to sell the fucking car

$50k - $12.5k taxes leaves you with $37.5k/yr. That's $3,125 per month or $721.16/wk. Let's use the monthly figure.

$3,125 - $1,000 = $2,125. Spend no more than 20% on a vehicle as a rule of thumb. Therefore you can afford a $425/mo car payment. Also note that depending on what you drive it might cost more money to insure and fuel up. In addition take into account the fact that financed vehicles need compulsory collision and comprehensive policies, which will drastically change your insurance bill if you don't have them already

Imagine being this fucking retarded lel

Dont be mean
He probably grew up in redneck Ville and constantly heard shit like "never trust da jews wit yer hard earned dollars sonny, put em under ya mattress and never buy nuffin you can't afford to buy outright" from his father/uncle/brother every day

Most people here live with their parents and really think people buy Mercedes and Ferraris with cash. I.e this board is filled with know nothing virgins who think they're armchair financial gurus

Why when the money would make them more in the bank? You are exactly the type of moron who caused the last subprime crisis and America is on the verge of another based around car finance.

In late November, the New York Federal Reserve bank warned that car loan “delinquencies” were a “significant concern”. It said such loans were being taken out at a faster rate than any time in its history.

The borrowing boom is being driven by websites that take advantage of ultra-low interest rates.

Some of the car-leasing loans in the US have been packaged into asset-backed securities, to be sold on to investors such as pension funds. This was an asset class that played a ruinous role in the credit crunch, except this time the collateral for these assets is cars, not houses. The ratings giants, Standard & Poor’s and Moody’s, have given most of these batches of loans a triple-A safety rating.

Guardian Today: the headlines, the analysis, the debate - sent direct to you

Multiple banks will be involved in any “auto loan ABS” (asset-backed security).

Taking an auto loan is stupid, that statement is as simple as the people who do.

What about any of that suggests loans are a bad deal? Most dealerships don't finance stuff themselves anyways. They work with banks. Those banks obviously think that their 3% interest on a car is a better risk than whatever else they have.

1.5% bitch

Why wouldn't someone want to sell their product?
You're a dead shit

>think people buy Mercedes and Ferraris with cash
again, if you don't buy a car with cash you're poor and stupid
people who aren't poor and stupid don't buy things they can't afford

>if you finance instead of paying outright it means you cant afford it
okay..

precisely so

This thread:
>BUILDING CREDIT IS FOR RETARDED POOR PEOPLE
>DID YOU JUST PAY INTEREST ON SOMETHING? WOAH I DIDN'T KNOW THIS BOARD WAS FULL OF DESPERATE NIGGERS

Yes, you better tend to that credit score goy. Pay only the minimum monthly payments and never pay with cash, because credit is much better, goy.

>he doesn't profit off of other's credit

lmao

you know a good credit score can save you tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars over your lifetime, right?

or are we all supposed to buy houses cash also?

so if i wanted to buy a mustang, and i had the 30k sitting in my bank..
would it be better to pay for it outright and have a car now worth 25k.. or finance at a rate below 3%, have a car worth 25k, and still have 30k real money? the interest at 3% over 3 years is no more than 1.5k, putting that 30k you didnt spend to work is going to get you a lot more than 1.5k over three years

poor people are poor for a reason, because they are stupid
properly managing your finances is easy, thats why stupid people fail at it

Not paying interest to jews could save you millions.

killing yourself will alse save you millions

Actually, death taxes would cost you significantly.

the merchant of venice proved that jews always lose

The only time you take out a loan is for something that will help you make money. Only a complete tool gets a loan for shit that depreciates in value, such as car and house loans.

Getting a lone for a truck that you will be hauling with and making money, would be an example of a worthwhile car loan. Taking out a lone for a house you are going to flip, would be an example of a worthwhile house lone. Getting a lone for a brand new car you are going to abuse driving to work, is an example of a bad investment and only desperate poor people do this.

death taxes? you are autistic, this is why you beat your children

now go back to your shithole with the rest of the losers

>house loans
>depreciate in value
what

>merchant of venice
>/pol/
philistine

Was about to point this out, ty user.

if you have the cash to buy up front and don't have a retarded credit score, you can safely just park your cash in an index fund and you'll probably make more money while you finance at sub-3%

>forgets that interest rates are fixed and very low
>forgets that the monthly payments don't go up due to the above
>forgets that due to the static cost of those monthly payments their expense ratio decreases due to inflation, meaning they cost less to pay over time
>implying paying cash doesn't cost you more overall
Only a faggot buys a new/nearly new car with cash.

>Mustang GT
>20k

So much stupid. Enjoy your life of poverty.

Poverty is relative.

DYOFH

How did you manage to learn anything with that attitude?

>paying interest

Who else /0%/ here?

I sure as shit didn't ask NEETs on Veeky Forums for financial advice. Assuming OP's $50k/year comes from an actual job, I suggest he ask his financial advisor like a non-retard

This.

How are those $3k civics treating you guys

Gas yourself kike

Wow nice argument. You could have said literally anything else but you just seem to wanna gas jews

>Jew detected

>/pol/tard
>dirt poor NEET wehraboo only capable of speaking in memes
>thinks he can give financial advice

Look at the triggered poorfag kek

I am glad yojr kind will be replaced

0. You can't really afford a loan.

>paying with cash is the smarter option
There are many variables that make paying with cash retarded. OP, shop around for good rates.

If I'm paying 0% on a finance, does that mean I'm actually saving more money than paying for it outright, due to inflation?

If you don't have an emergency fund, it's wise to keep the money parked in a savings account to hedge against any emergencies you'll encounter.
If you already have an emergency fund, put the money in a low/medium risk investment account.

>Only a complete fucking moron or desperate nigger gets a car lease.

Fixed that for you.

Yes it could. Perhaps even six millions