/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

CURRENT FIGHT CLUB IS IN LORAN, GLYPH: jjpkdcgd
GET IN

Tragic thread lost to the sands: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/

/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
Every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules: a.pomf.cat/jzmnvh.jpg

/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password=/bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

PURGE FILTH

come to fc in loran you faggotos

I'm clearing through Chalice Dungeons for the first time, i have a few questions

Root Chalices are just randomised versions of the same difficulty as their chalice, and sometimes have different versions of weapons with alternate gem slots right?

Is there any point doing them, outside of these alternate weapons?

I'm interested in looking for the very best gems, which i hear come from Depth 5 Chalices - do you have to do the 'Root' Chalices to find these gems, or are they in the regular ones? Is this something to do with the fact that you can only 'Curse' Root Chalices with the materials? So the best gems only drop in cursed Chalices, requiring me to do Root ones to collect them?

Will i miss out on any bosses by not doing the Root Chalices? I want to at least beat every boss in the game once.

Micolash is my wife!

Too busy preparing my self for with the Dark Souls 3 DLC.

Some bosses like pthumerian elder is only found in root chalices.

>you faggot
Rude. Now I'm not coming.
Nope. Lower Hintertomb.

>missing the fc cause of ds3
kys senpai

>not being gay
wtf

>tfw no PS+

Ok thanks, so basically, aside from if i need any alternate weapons, there's not a lot of point doing them for the 'experience' so to speak and i should only bother doing Specific Depth 5 Cursed ones for Gems?

On the offchance anyone knows, is there a desired version of BoM/Scythe for a Skill build? I'm just using a full set of 23.3% Kin Down Droplets in both weapons atm

>time for leaden constitutions
What did he mean?

Not just alternate weapons. Runes as well. But yes, the best chalice gems from Depth 5 FRC dungeons.
As for the BoM/BB build, go with either 25/50 STR/SKL, or 50 SKL with three 27.2% physical Tempering gems. Use an Uncanny Burial Blade, and whichever BoM version has Radial/Radial/Triangle.
Get the 27.2% Radial gems from an FRC Ihyll glyph with Merciless Watchers, and the 27.2% Triangle gems from an FRC Isz glyph with the same boss. No Waning because Merciless Watchers don't appear in Loran, so you can't get 27.2% Waning gems outside of offshapes.

Regular BoM is Radial/Radial/Triangle so that's handy

I'll shoot for an Uncanny Scythe then thanks.

I just kept my STR at 10. I wanted 50 Vit, 15 Arcane. So I'm 50/14/10/50/10/15 - i wanted to stay at level 99

I'm running HP Up 10%/5% at the moment, so it would be nice to grab that 15% one too, i kinda forgot about Runes.

There's a better Stam one than 15% too right?

This will probably take ages but i want to truly 'finish' one build

>There's a better Stam one than 15% too right?
Yes, it's 20% and it comes from a Lower Loran glyph. I don't remember the glyph exactly, but you can find it in the OP. The Uncanny Burial Blade comes from a Sinister Lower Loran root, also in the OP.

I'm playing a pure skill build. What are some compliments for the Rakuyo?

In pvp Rakuyo doesn't really need complementary weapons
Repeating Pistol and/or arcane tools can be useful with it

Maria's clothes

In pve?

The Saif

BLADE
OF
MERCY

Seriously, every other weapon in the game just feels shit and unfun to me now

The dash attacks are just too much to quit

Also Rakuyo is boring and gay

How many players did you encounter in the FC? I'm at 4 currently

I think I'm lagging really bad

I think I'm up to 5

>tfw can't play BB right now because my roommate is borrowing my PS4 controller for a couple of hours
I feel liberated, somehow. I'm playing Demon's Souls.

yep, I just lost connection to the network but still spawned in somebodies world. How I died made no sense

Same thing

Anyone down for some low level Ludwig? BL 37, pass is majestic

Fog, first lamp or church lamp?

Church lamp.

Chalices are actually really fun. A lot less of a chore than i thought they would be

bloodletting beast was awesome and so was the dual sickle dude

>hit Bloodletting Beast in the head with a fully charged R2 from Burial Blade and Visceral for half his hp

Skill builds are fun

Regular dungeons get old quickly, root dungeons are always tons of fun

well i'm just heading through them for the first time now

looking to just clear all the non roots then go hunting in roots for stuff i need

i imagine they'll become drastically less fun when i have to start grinding them and curses start to come into play

>bloodletting beast was awesome
I refuse to believe you.
It was hands down one of the least enjoyable bosses in the series for me. You gotta go unlocked and hit his legs, but you can hardly read his attack patterns because he's just too damn big.

Curses only make them more fun, grinding is boring though

They are fun but after 10 characters worth of farming it gets old

Thanks a lot, man. Do you wanna run through more of the DLC by any chance? I'm mainly doing this to get Bloodletter.

>you can hardly read his attack patterns
>drags his hand behind him and walks forward, then swings

??

I played mostly in front of him at mid range with Scythe and got hit like 4 times max

Yeah figures

I've ran into a bit of a roadblock though, i cant go and do the 'Defiled' Chalice i got - i dont have the materials. It wants Bastard of Lorans, which i'm gonna guess are found in Loran Chalices

Should i go straight to them or do Hintertomb/Isz first?

He's easy as hell to read though, most of the time you could either bait slams or the 2 swipes. It's a pretty cool fight imo.

I can't right now. Good luck on the Research Hall, user.

Go to Loran

I need more Haze. I know i can extract it from Chalice Materials - but which ones are plentiful enough that i wont miss them?

Hintertomb is optional, not required for Depth 5 and is really only for Madman's set. You'll have to do Ailing Loran from Amygdala in Frontier.

That's cool. Thanks for your help with Ludwig.

The ones you can buy with blood echoes

Early Ritual Blood and Tomb Mold like (1)'s and (2)'s.

You can

Oh. Of course. Thanks

Probably shouldn't have spunked all my souls on getting a lost/uncanny version of every weapon even though i wont use them

Me too, it looks like there's exactly 6 of us today

Does hintertomb Elder drop arc gems?

It drops cold arc scaling gems, I think

Nothing worth using

Yes, not very good ones though since Hintertob doesn't have layer 5 dungeons

Nize

Yeah, but they are obtainable pretty early. Good for early parasite

Still not worth using, you're better off not using Parasite till FRC or Mergo's for the 15% Radial Nourishing and 18% Arc Droplet. Colds are only good at +65

Is the FC still going?

Loran

yup

Man idk why, but I just love the fucking Constable Garb. Also, loving my 99 ARC run so far. Havent had to summon yet. Im shocked how quickly Amelia went down. Hope my fellow BBGents are having a solid night.

>that face
Why do you guys keep trying to make your ""waifus""

>99 ARC run
>12 Insight

Anyone wanna help with Living Failures? BL 40 pass is majestic
waiting at Research Hall lamp.

Jesus Chrism Faust your internet is ass. I have 99 insight and it still isn't enough eyes for that shit.

I know sorry

this tbqh

Anyone want to hit Central Yharnam with me? I'm bored

H-HE'S FAST

>taking it personnel

>bitching when clearly outplayed

literally teleported behind you

No mercy for frenzy

Still need a hand m80?

Whats wrong with it? I just like the style

What am I doing wrong senpai?

You need 99 insight minimum

What's the most overpowered build/weapon for NG PvE?

Yes, please.

Saw Spear L1.

full str whirligig

this

But that's the transformation button

Aside from whirling

>tfw using based drawbros Spurdo OC to shitpost on /v/ in Dark Souls and BOTW threads

>shitposting in BOTW threads
Why?

Hit L1 after an attack or roll.

Shit on me way dude

Post bread

>debasing drawbro's wonderful work by using it as a shitposting vessel
Shame on you.

Stake driver, boom hammer or amygdala arm?

Stake and Arm

AMY ARM

Yes

Please don't do this

PvP:
Amygdalan Arm > Stake Driver >>> Boom Hammer
PvE:
Boom Hammer > Stake Driver > Amygdalan Arm
Fun:
Upgrading them all > Stake Driver > Amygdalan Arm > Boom Hammer

Fuck off. If you want to brag about shitposting, take it to /dsg/.