/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

WARNING: DLC2 HAS BEEN DATAMINED, IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILED, GO AWAY

>Wished they'd taken a Lightning Bow in the back instead:
>1.11 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839063734797566

>1.12 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839596812166515

>Ringed City DLC stuff
pastebin.com/4mUsZWmv

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qx16B2jyK8M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This thread is now blessed by Gravelord Nito and the Pardoners of Velka.

Xth for from has a hard on for the moveset of artorias

>WARNING: DLC2 HAS BEEN DATAMINED, IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILED, GO AWAY

can we remove this? absolutely reddit tier

Court Sorcerer's Staff. You get your spell buff as high as possible and blow the shit out of people.

Vitality, not Vigor. Armor is literally pointless in this game, even with the buff that heavy armor got.

You use Bellowing Dragoncrest to make your spells hit harder. Clutch rings are shit in PvP.

>30//30/30 str/fai/int
>Greasword and chaos bed vestiges/black serpent for days
It may not be the best at either strength or pyromancy but it's a lot of fun

Do passwords actually work correctly in Arena now?

Anyone up for some Vicar arena teams?

I was trying to minimize my expectations for this DLC but all the talk about an Old Monk style boss fight made me cave in to the hype. Now I'm going to be so disappointed when we find out it's a fight against the Locusts, Living Failures style or something like that.

Damn you, Anons.

FOUR BOSSES CONFIRMED

why is skelletor shitting blood?

it's to make the sonyponies go away

can you temove your post? absolutely reddit tier

At this point I think it's safe to assume Manus is what became of the Furtive Pigmy all along. If he was just a random sorcerer they wouldn't have made such a big deal out of Kaathe urging the citizens of Oolacile to unearth him. or that he spreads the Abyss by existing, or that his fragmented soul spawned so many entities trying to drown the world in the Dark

>excited for DS2 armors
>they missed forlorn in AoA, but maybe we'll get Heide, King, Royal Swordsman or Insolent
>2 slut wears and Ruin Sentinel

>Exile greatsword did totally fine damage and had useful scaling, just needed more entry options and slightly faster R1's
>was a great way to access hyperarmor mechanics with dex, one of the more fun weapons to use while paired with naother
>"Oh I know, let's just make it STR weapon that does a fuckload of damage"
>was carried by the ability to be paired with a well scaled and fast R1
>now the best you can do is go 60/16 with a corvian greatknife
>this would at least look stylish if it weren't for the clipping
>going 66/16 and twohanding it basically makes it "dragonslayer's axe 2.0: pure physical edition" plus an okay runing attack and some wimpy poise
>larger ultras lose trades with it if they can't poise through, and it does more poise damage than a greatsword
>exceptionally good at dumpstering trash weapons since it does as much damage as a painting guardian CS infinite with one swing
>still bad against shields and fast weapons, i.e. the meta, due to not getting better entry game
>fromsoft still insists on just giving heavies more damage instead of better entry

I'm so fucking mad right now. On the plus side, the scimitar infinite combo doesn't proc the healing eye ring or the healing effect on the old wolf sword for some reason, so you can't get a full heal from it. Oddly it procs the damage effects though.

Also blind spot is underrated, I could do a good 150 to 200 damage with a 66/16 twohanded corvian knife (comes out better refined somehow) against people with black knight shield and moderate armor. Really useful when your exile CGS is useless against them, real shame the knife can't parry in the offhand though. You can pop it out of sprint rather quickly.

Guy in webm related ran out of stamina before he did more damage to me than I did to him. 1.11 in a nutshell for anyone just now returning to the game.

>passwords
yeah

heavy armor is currently worth the price now, provided you're already at 39 vig with life and favor

found the ledditors

No we can't. If the dlc was actually out, people would have no reason to complain. But someone might want to avoid spoilers, he should be warned. Stop acting like a faggot

We get this so I can't be mad.

Go back to /b/ you underaged waste of space.

Hey now, Ruin Sentinels were awesome. And the new Spear of the Church slutwear blows Desert Slut out of the water.

Though I'm actually more of a fan of Shira's set, it's elegant and tasteful while still looking functional, unlike Sirris's slutwear.

So the heavy armour buff did nothing significant or impactful? It's generally better to stick to light armour?

PLUME
A PLUME
IT HAS A PLUME

>inb4 it's a particular shade that doesn't really go with anything besides itself

The Ruin Sentinel set is looking great but I really hope they resize the helmet on release so it doesn't look so comically out of proportion with the rest of the set

I hope it can be mixed with the ringed knight set

Because fuck that chest goatse

Ruin Sentinel set was one of my favourite DS2 sets and i will wear the shit out of it.

The weight savings and absorption increase are extremely minor, I still wouldn't wear them except for fun/cosplay. I guess they were concerned that they would over-buff the armors, but unless Havel's and Smough's can break at least the 35-40% absorption mark in the physical categories, you're still better off with medium sets in the 20-25 unit range.

love these elevation changes making my R1-R1's not combo

little redditor is triggered? aww how cute
too bad you can't downvote me here to make me go away

Why didn't they they fix the soul of cinder set's smolder effects? It should look like the ringed darkwraiths but it's just generic armor.

No John, you are the redditors

>wanting to wear the new edgelord armor

It is a bit on the tall side, but still within tolerance. Besides, it was just about as out of proportion in DaS2, and on the Ruin Sentinels themselves.

Ruin Sentinel looks great
Even has some cool new lore
But how the fuck do I cosplay as one? Dark Souls 3 doesn't even have any halberd looking hammers

I'm willing to bet its gonna be worthless.

Lucerne + Sunset Shield? Those are the closest I could think of. Also toss on Way of White Corona to mimic the shield toss.

>2 slut wears
Don't try to ruin this for me, I earned it.

So a guy named Shirrako on plebbit played the DLC, he can't say much due to embargo. He's confirmed there's 4 bosses, he says they're all visible in the trailer if you look closely. Also he said all areas in the game are visible in the trailer. "End of the game" is the hint he gave on the entrance.

Are UGS viable in duels now?

Just the fact that it isn't split damage makes it potentially good. As opposed to the DaS3 iteration of MLGS...

Cute, user ^^ Thanks you.

which one?

I can't decide

>S T I L L no idle standing/walking stances available for the player
GIVE ME ANRI'S HAND RESTING ON HILT POSE YOU BASTARDS

no

DS3 iteration of MLGS has almost the same amount of pure magical damage as DS1 mlgs and is one of the most stat-efficent weapons in the game as far as investment/return ratio go.

>tfw they will never release all the old Souls armor as DLC

We've known of the entrances since friday.

Reddit must be slow, huh?

Would DMB be worth using with 30 faith in pvp at around SL 60?

I see. Gonna find another ring to put then.

Moonlight is good in a way that lets me increase my faith to 60 since I dont need to level Str/Dex. Too bad it doesnt have the buff art the GSoJ has.

>level to 120
>suddenly every weapon bigger than a dagger 3 shots me at 38 vig
Why did I fall for this meme?

That reddit fag is a retard. He didn't even visit the painter to give her the pigment.

at that level, points are better invested in health/damage stats

anyways, DMB and lightning blade forumula is 95% of your spellbuff so it's up to you

okay this shit be weird as fuck but like bear with me

Gael is old as fuck, like "could be the pygmy but isn't" old, and is implied to be related to him.

when the painter calls gael "uncle gael" she's being literal

gael is artorias' father, who he taught how to use a sword

gael spends the unfathomable aount of time between filianore and the end of the world that you travel to literally just consuming lord souls and waiting for you to reappear.

I don't know where the fuck from is going with this plot

Should I just take the plunge and go right in to NG+4, or do I wait out the DLC drop?
Literally nothing to do right now other than farm.

If anyone has a PC, I'm up for helping you out for whatever.

No point in doing the one on the right unless you have enough Attunement to actually use more than two spells.

>SL140
Actually, scratch that, somehow you managed to fuck up twice even with 20 extra levels.

Is there anyone around who can test the new dlc spells around? I wanna know if the new pyromancy you sticks to plays/monsters. The one you get from the bat.

Go to Ng+4 and get slabs and new respecs faggot

>gael's greatsword
this shit is beyond anime
and that's on top of godly claymore moveset

>no videos
>no webms
WHY

Anybody want sum coop?

did you actually look at the weapons?

I don't care about the spells, I might go to 18 att for soul greatsword, but it's for the weapons more than anything

it's good

gwyn is a gay

Both of those are pretty unoptimized

For the pyro build, you'd want your AGS to be Dark, and ideally have a Dark Longsword. Also, you should be taking advantage of the Gargoyle Flame Spear. Since your build has plenty of access to close range, you should also be using ring of favor and chloranthy. And I'd personally take ATT down to 30 and boost END to 30, especially if you intend on getting any worthwhile use out of that AGS

as for the dex/int build, you've not got nearly enough ATT to make that amount of INT useful, and the fact that you have access to so many fast weapons makes the use of Farron Flashsword negligable at best. Some of those points could go into giving you enough FAI to use Tears of Denial, and giving you more ATT slots

youtube.com/watch?v=Qx16B2jyK8M

too lazy to do
it's like berserker armor Guts

>gael is artorias' father,
This is going to be the new shitty meme, right ?

Hows its damage compared to the other flames?

>Spell Buff

it's artorias's flippy dip weapon art with a generic GS moveset.

>saggy grandma breasts blowing large cow udders out of the water

>you'd want your AGS to be Dark
why?

He doesn't have the stats for it though.

it's a relatively long curved sword with good WA, like 350 pure fire damage and only ~10 less spell buff than pyromancy flame

Is it a pyro flame too?

Witch's Locks do more damage against unarmoured enemies, who are in turn more commonly weak to fire

With a Dark AGS, you have something to handle enemies not weak to fire, since very few if any enemies are resistant to both fire and dark

You also in turn do a LOT of damage through shields. Dark Longswords are notoriously good against turtlers

whoever took the screenshot hasn't met the requirements so it's displayed as really low but it's about the same as parting flame fully upgraded at 40/40

>can switch between bort's rapehammer and exile rapesword at will in sub sl20 invasions
those poor hosts

spell buff doesnt work like that

Yep.
ONLY 10 LESS?

What's the state of infusions right now?

firstly certain weapons basically require poise, so this is at least buff to those weapons since they now have more spare SL

As far as heavy armor goes, Catarina gives you about 8% more absorption than faraam for about 10 more units of weight. With favor +2, that requires an additional 13 to 14 SL invested in vit for 8% more lifespan, which is like 0.6% additional lifespan per point (not considering flat defense). To compare, your 28th point of vigor adds another 1.8% to what you had at 27, and your 39th point of vigor adds (as well as some flat defense) adds around 1.2%, still around twice as much, while the 44th point of vigor adds another 0.9%.

At best I'd say this is justification to pick knight and wear a heavier chestplate, since you save on some other stats in the process on certain builds.

refined is DOA

I see.

I was only thinking about going all in with fire damage because I really wanted to make use of fire clutch, but it'd probably be better to ditch it and have a mix up of damage types.

I just wanted mostly ranged pyro with really high damage and low defense.

sharp sometimes beats refined
exile CGS is a heavy weapon, see Allegedly bleed infusion can now compete with hollow rouge, but this is due mostly to a rouge nerf and the bleed infusion is barely better. Same goes for poison.

>Princess Guards was my fav DS1 covenant
>Princess Guards 2: Comfy Sleep version comes with TRC

Thank you Memezaki I rike

>raw is worthless on nearly all upgrade levels with minimal stats
>the age of refined is over
>heavy and sharp are insanely good now
>elemental infusions still shit
>poison and bleed are viable
>luck is devalued

pretty much it

190 spellbuff at 40/40, pyromancy flame is 207 according to fextra.

but using 2h cs moveset with while being able to flame surge and spam black serpent is just crazy. I get scared thinking about good pyros using that thing.

TRC gave literally TOH treatment for STR builds
heavy claymore on 40STR in two hands is like 508 ar

co op on dragon ruins is the best thing ever

>Princess Guards was my fav DS1 covenant
So you people DO exist?!

>no one will be in the church a month later making queues worse than cop queues.

Wait
What was the point of Projectile Heal when all the stronger heals have AoE again?

What? Your stats do affect spellbuff though.

>everyone will want to be the boss fight
>no one will want to fight it unless they want to torture a faggot with a 4 man gank

sad really, unless they make it somehow unique

it's faster and doesn't cost your whole stamina bar

So that gank squads can have a dedicated healer, passively rolling away, never attacking, and healing the host.

How does poise work with Demon's Fist? All I want to know is if it's worth it to go fat roll with heavy armor to hit the weapon art or if it's not worth it. I'm not looking for an in depth explanation. I know poise changed in the last few months

More efficient and fully selfless.