Why do so many people here think cash is the best option when buying a car?

Why do so many people here think cash is the best option when buying a car?
If you're in the market for, say, a 20k car and you have a good credit rating, you can gain more money by parking the cash you would otherwise spend on a car in a low-risk investment account. When will the 'only pay with cash' meme die?

I learned after the recession is better to have cash in the bank and a car loan than it is to have a car that is completely paid off and little money in the bank.

>low risk investment
>Having a decent turn with 20k
Pick one

I only recommend it because it's what I wish I had done.

I make $50k a year presently yet still live paycheck to paycheck due to student loans. Add rent and a 20k financed car payment into the mix and I have little left to actually "save" like I should.

Those memelords sperging about 3k civics aren't totally wrong.

Sometimes an auto loan is an irresponsible thing to acquire, even though dealerships are ready to hand them out like lollipops.

Look at it this way: if the payment is less than your disposable income, AFTER accounting for savings and emergency fund, go for it. Otherwise, save up some more.

There is no such thing as a 20k car. The cash price will be very different from the financed price. If you don't understand this simple fact have someone else handle your finances.

if this was an issue for you, the car you bought was out of price range to begin with

>Don't pay msrp + wax and floor service meme contract protection.
>Have good credit
>Get 0% or near 0% loan

This is good car buying.

What?

negro, the point i was making is that its better to keep your cash in the bank.

Most user here are low/low-middle class teenagers and young adults. Financially illiterate, but stubborn and self-confident enough to think they're absolute geniuses and give out inane bad advice like There's no big mystery to it.

>There is no such thing as a 20k car
What?

not doing 0% interest

Sit down, take a deep breath and try to think of any reason that a lender would have any motivation to give anyone 0% interest. The reason is that the financer's return is factored into the principal.

Pay cash, expect to be able to buy the car for at LEAST 10% less than through financing.

>Pay cash, expect to be able to buy the car for at LEAST 10% less than through financing.
You're still paying 20k cash. The dealer doesn't give a shit if you pay them cash or the bank does

>be me
>22 year old part time pizza delivery boi
>live at home
>"Jews aren't going to Jew me. I'll save up and pay for my shitbox with cash"
>save money for an entire year
>buy 3k civic
>wreck it the next day because 2fast 2furious
>break my leg in wreck. Car totaled
>have no money for doctor bill because I spent it all on 3k civic
>no healthcare since being a low income cuck is a preexisting condition
>go on Veeky Forums and talk about how stupid it is to finance cars

>mfw I'm financing a car @ 9.8% interest
>mfw that's like $3 added to my principle EVERY FUCKING DAY

but what the fuck choice does a poor person with no credit have?

>Pay cash, expect to be able to buy the car for at LEAST 10% less than through financing.
What is exactly the opposite unless you are baying shaft cars from shady dealers or completely suck ass and negotiating.

Protip, the dealership makes money off financing, it is in their best interest to finance you, and they will move a bit lower in price. If you are bargenning over a cheap car, don't expect alot though, we are talking a few thousand here. For a 50k pluss car it becomes more of a factor.

>get a shitty credit card
>use it minimally for a year

That's basically all you had to do to raise your credit and not get fucked.

Nobody in their right mind would ever give me a loan.

Get your credit up and refinance

If they're financing at 0% then they're not making anything off the financing

>Going through a bank to finance a car
You can be damn sure no bank is handing you a 0% car loan unless they're making big money off of you somewhere else

There's no such thing as a free ride and I suspect most people trying to argue want to justify buying things they can't afford and enslaving themselves. The one and only reason to borrow anything EVER is if you can use it to profit more than those who loaned it to you are profiting off you.

Being legally obligated to carry comprehensive insurance because your car doesn't actually belong to you is a whole addendum in and of itself.

>c'mon bro just make do without a car for a year.

maybe if I was a neet

>There's zero percentdd auto loans all the time. The auto maker sweetens the pot for the creditorrr to make the sale. Plus if the person defaultz on termz, the creditorr can make monees on service feez and late feez. You need excellent creditt though.

>Honest to God 0percent loanzz exist all over. I have had one for a motorcycle, a refrigetator, a car, and a snow blower and stuff from lowez. Now 0 loann tranzfer cardz, that's different. They charge a service feee as a % of the total. But it still ends up being like a 2pervent loan.

>Im going back to pleddit now. I'll see myself out. (misspellings are intentional cuz I was trippin spam filter)

>If they're financing at 0% then they're not making anything off the financing
My humble apologies, I completely forgot about manufacturer zero percent t financing, last new cars I shopped didn't have that as an option.