Guide me Veeky Forums

Guide me Veeky Forums

>looking for a fun bike
>mostly looking for thrills/hooning
>occasional longer rides (less than 300 miles round trip)
>thinking about going next week to buy a 2017 KTM 500exc

Should I do it Veeky Forums?

>KTM

ban yourself

Why? No japanese maker produces a good dual sport that isn't old or weak as fuck.

They're all the same shit, also /dbt/, you faggot.

Who is the fooking faggot who dislikes KTM? go get back on yer ma's KLR650 and finger bang away and fag off in to the sunset you Fag.

Rather be a fah fingerbang mom than have a 14k bike that needs an oil change every 500 miles and spare parts cost 1000/mo to keep it running. Small price to pay for a ride that works.

that bike is over 17k faggot. you missed the KREFT Suspension as your a poor fag who rides a pw80. aside from oil and air filter changes its the most solid bike I have ever ridden. 100.00 a month is a number you pulled out of yer moms cooch.

I have a Duke 390 and that shits good. Don't listen to the meme shills. I personaly like Suzuki bikes but i was thinking about buying a 80 or 50cc dirt bike. a 500 is good for long trips or buy a 125 or 300 for short fuckery rides. KTM makes really good stuff and dont require any mods unlike other dirt bikes.

a used KTM 2 stoke or 4 stroke - as long as it was maintained should give you thousands of miles of happiness! Just make sure the person you buy it from actually took care of it.

Lmao poor

These bikes are like $11k OTD

Xr650r

That's an enduro bike if you want to go off road go for it. if you want to go on road go for a supermoto or just buy road tyres for it

>and dont require any mods
Just so false

A 500exc requires no mod to be street legal.

>longer rides
a ducati multistrada or a ktm 1200
look for superadventures now if your planning on doing track go for a scrambler

That's correct, but I feel like that's not what user was saying

to make it less rough on the road he'd need some road tires

They come with street legal tires, if anything the tires it comes with are way too tame to be used in dirt. My friend just got one and first thing he did was change the tires to a 90/10 DOT approved dirt tires.

it's not that they're not street legal My first bike was a Honda XR125L because I live in Europe and they want you to be stuck on a slow piece of shit. The dirt tires made every ride bumpy as hell and unpleasant.

I should probably mention the last guy who owned it used it for super cross

>Air cooled 4t dual sport
>Used for supercross
No he didn't

bruh i can triple on a 8hp bike

you forgot
>unlike other dirt bikes.
they usually give a good exhaust, brakes, and shocks. the most you would need for a weekend would probably be saddle bags

He's definitely going to need a better seat at the very least

KTM makes the best bikes on the market right now hands down. At least the best engines. People who say they are unreliable are citing a meme from like 15 years ago.

My dad just bought a '17 500exc it's nice as fuck.

Not Standing up when you are going off road?

oP said it's mostly for hooning around on. That to me means street driving.

you dont know that what if OP lives in India where everything is dirt

And a seat, and new springs unless you are 150lb in gear. The same stuff you need on other dual sports

im 130lbs

Husky 701 would be a better choice.

Thats what I plan on getting soon, man it looks sweet. But i am part of the short masterrace of 5'7 with a 35inch inseam. If i lowered the bike an inch or two would I be able to flat floot one side?

If you swap supermoto tires onto it it should help.

Ah sorry i automically thought i mean the SM version when i typed that, I have sat on a 701 SM, but I could only tip toe it. If i left my left leg up on the peg and shifted my right cheek then i could flat foot it 3/4ths of the but I feel like that is kind of unsafe. Is it not?

wwoops i meant 28inch inseam

All you need is to be able to get a toe on the ground. Especially on a street bike, different story for a dirt nike

just got a wr250f, what boots do I buy? I dont want to spend $300 on a pair of boots, but after reading into it, anything sub $200 and you're better off wearing hiking shoes.

gotchya, thanks

Why didn't ou get a wr250r?

1) You're fucking stupid
2) strong reinforced leather boots are fine
3) Check your local craigslist alternative, some idiot bought $300 boots and hates riding so he's selling them for $85. Guaranteed.

couldn't find one on craigslist for under $4000. I got my bike for $2000
thanks mate, I've been looking at craigslist with no luck. I went to try on some $200 new boots for $80 but they were too narrow.

>buying a street legal dirt bike
>it will get used on the street where you will end up sitting
>"occasional longer rides"

I stand when I ride street

KLR
L
R

eww those are so tame and street oriented

>duke 390
KTM dirtbikes are completely different animals to their road bikes. You're looking at race bike maintenance schedule / reliability with a 500exc. It's just too much work if you're doing any sort of long journeys or commuting.