Long term repair issues

Looking at this 91 3000 gt and wanted to know how it is for ease of repair and longevity

hate to step on your toes my friend, but really awful.

REALLY awful, owning one of these things is a nightmare.

If you are one of those Jap fan teenagers who just got his license, sure this may make you look cool but it is like 2/10 to actually own.

If you're really that much of a weaboo consider getting a Infiniti G35 or something at least that will last you.

Get a 240 sx, delete this thread and don't consider buying a vr4

Do
Not
We have this thread nearly every day
The 3000gt was mediocre when it was built, and now it's a rotting piece for mediocre metal.

The 3000gt was the least reliable Japanese car then because it's got a fucking ton of shit that can and will and probably already had gone wrong, and the anons on Veeky Forums who have one will tell you that shit breaks constantly.

Go buy a mk3 supra or mr2 or something dude

He's not wrong OP, for once Veeky Forums isn't memeing these really are known to be very problematic. Especially the VR4, which is basically the only reason to get one of these anyway otherwise they're just not worth the money or issues.

hate to tell you this but the 240sx may be better performance wise but it also a weaboo meme car that is quite unreliable due to its age and the probability that it was abused by dumb teenagers such as yourself.

You have to remove the manifold just to change spark plugs. It's about a six hour job.

My neighbor has one and wants to sell it simply because he HAS to bring it in to a shop to have it worked on

>recommends op get a 240sx, nothing else
>you project harder than a drive in theater
Kill yourself

OP here, its 2k obo, i dont mind doing work, ive been driving shitboxes my entire life. Spark plug job doesnt look TOO bad, couldnt be worse than my saturn... also, this is a second car, so i dont need to stress making sure i can get to work, its more of a , i want to drive something different and fun on the weekends

i dont feel like paying 'drift tax'
or spend months diagnosing issues with " my awesome mawds"

I just wanted something i could hoon around in

Drift tax is an abstract concept of stock 240sx's being expensive because of Internet fame. Theres nothing wrong with the car if you find a good deal on one tard.

I said earlier, just buy an mr2 or some shit.

>find a good deal
Because those happen all the time and i would have a 240 by now but here i am asking about a Mitsubishi

3000GT and Stealths are what all the retards who think STIs, evos, s2000s and miatas are cool buy and then realize they're a piece of shit and cost a billion dollars in repairs and tuning.

...You really have no idea, do you?

(OP)
im posting on fucking Veeky Forums... what do you think??

sounds like projecting

Well I'm just gonna repeat what everyone has said so far, avoid the fuck out of these if you want something reliable and easy to work on.

well nothing 20 years old is reliable
ive worked on cars alot and i gotta say the worst was a mazda 3 waterpump fusing the block, and literally everything on my saturn

How awful are they to do normal maintenance,
plugs, filters, belts

That's basically every FWD V6. And if it takes you six hours, you might be retarded. It should take an hour, 90 minutes tops.

so about as pain in the ass as any other 20 something year old jap box

no, if this is OP. Go buy that piece of shit and regret it.

You obviously aren't here for actual advice, you just want attention. Go disappoint your parents somewhere else.

HAHA op here
I figured here would be a decent place for discussion of cars, but its all autistic benchracers screeching about stupid shit.

No shit its old, no shit you put work into it. It was going to be a second car that I beat up on the weekends and throw some spare change at to keep running. not like im taking it to a track or anything, jeeze lads

Please buy that car.

>300gt
>Long-term reliability

It makes me smile whenever someone mentions Saturn. I'm an old guy and most of my friends growing up had them as first cars. They were pieces of crap then and they sure as hell still are now.

There's an old saying that goes "GM cars poorly longer than most cars run at all." I remember having to practically yell at passengers at any speed since they were so loud and pieces would literally fall off for no reason. That really was the dark ages for econo boxes.

I've never met a 3000gt owner who wasn't weird as fuck. I swear these cars attract the same kinds of guys who go to china town and buy a fake katana then carry it around the mall.

>GC front facia on an S14

Why? Is it EJ powered or something?

Because it looks good*

>240sx better performance-wise than a 3000gt
>L O L

It does look good, but it's not what I expected.

I mean then again I never expected the Odyvia to be a thing but I love that as well.

My older sister's first car was a Saturn, the sc coupe with popups when they were trying to be hip and copy Japanese cars from like 5 years before, and it was a piece of shit. It practically rattled itself apart and would hardly come out of park, but I always liked it because of how it looked, and it was an endearing shit heap. When she got a new car I was going to inherit it, but my dumbass dad totaled it before I got it.

Yeah but the difference is these things weren't all that reliable even when they weren't old because of electronic everything. 20 years later and all that wiring+ everything else is gonna be a nightmare.
They are definitely cool cars but you have to understand it'll be a garden ornament 99% of the time. Especially one for $2k ono.

>how it is for ease of repair and longevity
It was praised for its highly complex electric and electronic systems offering pretty much any gadget you could possibly have in such a vehicle when it was new. It was never exactly reliable. Ease of repair had pretty much 0 value in the design process. Now it is 25 years old, has probably been abused for at least ten years and likely hasn't seen actual maintenance for a long time. In contrast to your average shitbox, these cars are not meant to take such abuse. It also isn't common enough to just buy whatever you need at the nearest junkyard for next to nothing. The car is going to need a lot of maintenance and repairs all the time, it'll be a real pain in the ass to do those, and you'll be hard-pressed to find affordable spare parts.

I really like those cars, but if you are looking for something that'll just work reliable, go look somewhere else.

Evos and S2000s aren't cool?

Evos are the epitome of cool for me 2bh

Fucking this and rx8 threads

no u

>tripee
what did he mean by this?

Do not fucking do this shit my man, do not expend priceless years of your youth on this blatant lie of a vehicle, I got a base shit model when I was out of high school (2014) thinking fuck yea yay i'm gonna do "x", "x", and ooooh fuckin "x" to this car hell yeah. Well guess fucking what my negroid? FUCK NO, I instead spent the last 3 fucking years in an endless time loop cycle waiting for it to finally end. Its an endless cycle of the car running for a short period of time then you go back to fucking crying while that shit doesn't run. Fuck mitsubishi fuck those faggot cucks. People always bitching "WTF WHY ISNT DA 3K IN FAST N FURUS HUH IT WAZ GOOD" no nigga it fuckin wasn't it was just mitsubishi copying everyone and then shitting out a fucking fast unreliable 10yr lasting turd. Dude 3sx faggot fucking cucks have monopoly on the 3k aftermarket and you will be paying $1000+ on every single part you want to buy big or small. Fucking get a miata or something else dont get a fucking 4000lb rustbucket shithole fwd based oil burning coolant leaking turd dude just dont it looks so pretty I know but fucking dont nigga please

Lol 20 year old cuck here is right u Kno muh doods

yeah op seriously you've made it clear your just a fucking beta faggot cuck so I hope you buy that fucking car regret it and off yourself thanks

3000GTs are even worse than 300ZX's in terms of maintenance