Want to have usb option in my 80s shitbox

>want to have usb option in my 80s shitbox
>all the aftermarket options I see are gaudy looking shit
This sucks lads. Is there a manufacturer who makes 80s style shaft radio units that have integrated USB support?

Other urls found in this thread:

blaupunkt.com/en/nc/products/car-multimedia/car-radio/
ebay.com/itm/Pyle-PLR14MPF-In-Dash-AM-FM-MPX-MP3-Shaft-Style-Dual-Knob-Radio-with-USB-SD-/201923244768
continental-automotive.com/www/automotive_de_en/themes/commercial_vehicles/ch_interior_en/audio_products/radio_products/
ebay.ca/itm/Vintage-Rare-SHARP-RG-375X-Stereo-Radio-Cassette-FM-AM-Made-in-JAPAN-80s-w-BOX-/222501852793?hash=item33ce24d679:g:zToAAOSwfZ1WYYeF&vxp=mtr
ebay.com/itm/Old-School-Kenwood-KGC-7400-9-Band-Pre-Amp-RCA-Conversion-/361979948879?hash=item5447afaf4f:g:CT4AAOSwSlBY3~TV
ebay.com/itm/1982-1993-Old-School-Proton-271-7-Band-Equalizer-Subwoofer-Output-Crossover-/361979067885?hash=item5447a23ded:g:i-4AAOSwi7RZDfIe
ebay.com/itm/OLD-SCHOOL-Vintage-SOUND-CRAFT-EQUALIZER-/322487790079?hash=item4b15c529ff:g:ok4AAOSwdGFYpe-u
youtube.com/watch?v=Ro84fTys-Xo
youtube.com/watch?v=QT7BUSU364s
youtube.com/watch?v=dZ0l7dzB0y0
ebay.com/itm/alpine-ERA-g320-equalizer-sq-bbe-ai-net-eq-EQ-Juba-F1-MRV-V12-7939-7944-old-scho-/252844720654?hash=item3adeb8420e:g:wl8AAOSwOgdYr42R
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

My old pioneer let's me turn the face LEDs off completely and has the option to dim and change color.

Alpine is junk

Just use a tape to aux adapter.

>tfw set on Clarion FZ102 to match your 80s BMW interior
Aesthetic af

How'bout the Blaupunkt series?
blaupunkt.com/en/nc/products/car-multimedia/car-radio/

Or perhaps this one is more to your liking? ebay.com/itm/Pyle-PLR14MPF-In-Dash-AM-FM-MPX-MP3-Shaft-Style-Dual-Knob-Radio-with-USB-SD-/201923244768

To be fair, as long as you get one with customizable color you won't really think about it

look for Continental (yes, the tire brand) radios - they can be pretty ok in certain 80s and late 70s cars

continental-automotive.com/www/automotive_de_en/themes/commercial_vehicles/ch_interior_en/audio_products/radio_products/

Retrosound USA

McIntosh

bump dis shit i need some suggestions too

Tape to aux adapter or aux adapter that plugs in the back of the stock radio. If your stock one is dead buy another stock one

I do that in my 2002 Audi A3. Shit's pretty awesome. Original owner must have skimped out on audio options but thanks to the tape adapter I don't need to buy any aftermarket shite.

What fucking purpose does having kikebook connectivity on your head unit serve?

so you can smash that like button and share on your page that you are listening to katy perry. maybe.

OP here.

I might go with this and just use a Casette to AUX adapter

ebay.ca/itm/Vintage-Rare-SHARP-RG-375X-Stereo-Radio-Cassette-FM-AM-Made-in-JAPAN-80s-w-BOX-/222501852793?hash=item33ce24d679:g:zToAAOSwfZ1WYYeF&vxp=mtr

What car?

Adapt an old unit. Easiest way is to get an old deck that supported a CD changer, wire the USB device into the AUX changer in, and use a resistor or 5v signal to tell the deck that a CD changer is present. That's what I did to mine, at a cost of about 8 dollars

Even easier if you don't care about radio or anything is getting an old single DIN equalizer or preamp which had RCA in, like this
ebay.com/itm/Old-School-Kenwood-KGC-7400-9-Band-Pre-Amp-RCA-Conversion-/361979948879?hash=item5447afaf4f:g:CT4AAOSwSlBY3~TV

Then just run whatever device - > RCA adapter, really straightforward

ebay.com/itm/1982-1993-Old-School-Proton-271-7-Band-Equalizer-Subwoofer-Output-Crossover-/361979067885?hash=item5447a23ded:g:i-4AAOSwi7RZDfIe

ebay.com/itm/OLD-SCHOOL-Vintage-SOUND-CRAFT-EQUALIZER-/322487790079?hash=item4b15c529ff:g:ok4AAOSwdGFYpe-u

Damn shame the ones with the least LED's are the ones with the least features as well.

I tried using those cheap BOSS head units on one of my beaters, but the damn thing felt so cheap and unintuitive that I returned it and grabbed a Pioneer unit instead.

OP, look at some of the newer Sony head units. They're a bit expensive, but they're pretty clean.

>Continental (yes, the tire brand) radios
I always see this, but I can never see any for sale in the US, where can I buy them from anywhere but ebay?

This thread is just what I needed. What would you recommend for a 2005 Megane?

Most stock radios can be retrofitted with AUX in

Pic mostly related.

Should I keep this stock OEM Tape and CD setup or go for a period correct aftermarket head unit like an old Kenwood or an Alpine?

that looks dope
upgrade the speakers

Cucks.

It looks like shit online, but it looks pretty good in person, got it to match my dash lighting

i hate it

>have car with aftermarket radio
>ignition off
>*BEEP BEEP BEEP HEY EVERYONE IVE GOT AN AFTERMARKET RADIO WHHOEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH*
fuck that gay shit

You can turn that off, fagmo.

>buy a head unit worth more than the car

If all you want is aux input and don't care about USB, there are plenty of older ones that will work. I found an old Blaupunkt that has a 3.5mm input and stuck it in my shitbox.

I see these threads fairly often and recently started working with medium duty trucks and most of them have old style radios but still have aux hookups and stuff. Pic related

Cool, trips

Pioneer bhs 7800 or 8800. Least non gaudy and best functioning single din. Double din variation is also good.

Pic related.

>tfw finally replaced the factory 36 year old 4x10s

>focal ps 130v 5.25" components off crutchfield for $220, normally $440 or so
>Kenwood 900.5 5 channel amp, $250 refurbished normally $600
>2 Pioneer 10" ib-flat behind seat
>knukonceptz wiring all around

looks like gaudy trash

Dash was already cut by PO, and I'm not paying $300+ for a retrosound unit. Least shit looking 6 pre-out deck I could find.

>and only $130

>people actually buy bluejunk
lel

Damn, I have only the tape player in my AW11 and it has a tape stuck in it

A E S T H E T I C

>I tried using those cheap BOSS head units
>felt so cheap

wow really?
they're literally a swapmeet brand lel

Never knew the RX7 had such a sick head unit. Found this picture on craigslist.

Yeah, leave it as it is. Upgrade the speakers, cassette and cd combo is killer.

>diamonds

any good aftermarket options for a 2006 camry?

all i want is aux or bluetooth pls

found out they starting putting in aux ports in 2007

I might just do that.

get one of these. plugs into the back of the oem radio.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ro84fTys-Xo

90s Toyotas had really nice audio controls and interior ergonomics. That must be like 90-91 probably an expensive option.

What is that, a C10? Why didn't you get one of these???

>201x
>look at car stereos
>everything has displays from 1995 that look like an alarm clock

fucking REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCK OFF WITH THE DIGI FONT

Quattro dash is god-tier

pic of that alpina plz

There's companies that make new stereos that look like the originals, at least for vintage GM cars. But instead of a tape player you have an aux jack or usb. The Delco look alike ones are nice cus they don't look like they were designed by autistic children like most of the shit you see in Best Buy.

In OP's situation, keeping the stock head unit, upgrading the speakers and using a cassette adapter is best. There's even Bluetooth cassette adapters which I don't quite understand...

youtube.com/watch?v=QT7BUSU364s
you probably don't have CD player if it's 80's or you could do this

or u could just listen to a goddamn cd jeez

its a really old type of CD player so I doubt that would work

if it has a CD player that works you can

FZ 102E for old dash with mostly red lights.
got it for my mr2 and it fits.
Dirt cheap too.

yeah it works i might try that

81 gmc shortbox didn't want to spend the money on one and my dash was cut by the p.o.

>tfw every single FC I find on Craigslist has that awesome head unit swapped out for some shitty ricer-tier one with glow in the dork lights that don't even match the rest of the dash lighting

Fucking normalfags, why can't they at least pick ones that have amber lighting instead of neon blue or green?

Continental

Looks sick man

You know you can get cd changer emulators for most vagshit right?

Just run the wire out of the fake button next to the traction control button , you'll need radio removal keys.

Also the card tray to cupholder swap if you have it

Got this like a week ago. pretty happy I can just leave my bluetooth on when I get out and have it just reconnect without me doing anything when I get back in.

they still fabricate them for Dodge, chrysler & mercedes shitboxes. Tho they're soft-locked. Not something that a friendo in a Mopar stealership can't fix :^)

>Implying OP drives a HEMI and not a 80's asian shitbox.
>Implying Jerome wont send OP to btfo because he wants to activate a Mopar headunit into his Corollhonda Civfic

quality is shit, not only because of adapter loss but also because radios from 80's are bad. I used it, then i switched to modern usb radio, i'm happy despite how bad it looks.

That's good shit, you should keep that.

Dam thats really nice fits in well.

Wow very nice. I am about to buy a Mercedes 124 and I know the head unit has been swapped. If it doesn't match well I want one of these. Very nice.

How much and where did you get it?

>i want this to sound better
>turns everything up all the way
>perfect

Is that a fucking equalizer?! Tight

Another car with a factory EQ - 512 Berlinetta Boxer

>buy a tape deck with a record option
>buy a $15 cable
>buy cassettes
>make tapes straight from youtube/spotify/mp3
>use cassettes in your 80's shitbox
>feels true to the car
>car loves you
>chicks want your dick
>getting road head from your bitch whilst you crank mixtapes

most people dont really know how to use a equalizer properly

i own this, but mines fucked :(
youtube.com/watch?v=dZ0l7dzB0y0

so i bought a kenwood krc2000 and put that in my adub. feels good man

Not figurative, but literal mixtapes

Are they actually any good in terms of how they work with the sound?

Just aim it at the urethane and pull the trigger

Graphic equalizers in general? Yes. That particular pioneer in the 512BB? Probably good for it's time. People buy Alpine Graphic EQs from the early 90s for big money, I've been seeing them go for $600-700 pretty often, so I assume audiophiles must think they are an important piece of the puzzle for a nice system.

ebay.com/itm/alpine-ERA-g320-equalizer-sq-bbe-ai-net-eq-EQ-Juba-F1-MRV-V12-7939-7944-old-scho-/252844720654?hash=item3adeb8420e:g:wl8AAOSwOgdYr42R

A 3000gt I looked in at a junkyard had an equalizer.