Depressionmobile

What car will help me feel less sad?

I'm looking for a car that is comfy and has good visibility so I don't feel so sad during my commute to work.

My budget is around $12k.

Currently looking at this (pic related).
maine.craigslist.org/cto/6115819491.html

This is my CL but I am willing to travel a bit if the car is nice enough.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=USMKyOlbfx0
maine.craigslist.org/cto/6125605897.html
maine.craigslist.org/cto/6106666701.html
maine.craigslist.org/cto/6107054647.html
maine.craigslist.org/cto/6111822296.html
maine.craigslist.org/cto/6119594623.html
maine.craigslist.org/cto/6125840757.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

buy a 450 motard

>What car will help me feel less sad?

I wouldn't be able to go to work on a motorbike.

I had a Honda Rebel when I was a kid.

I'm not really looking for a powerful fast car.

I'm just looking for a car with comfy seats and big windows without large beams between them so I can relax and look around as I drive.

a motard isn't 12k

buy a 1k corolla

>I want a fun car
>so I want a landbarge

i honestly don't understand, LS400 then

What is the comfiest Corolla?

I have not said I want a "fun" car though. Just a comfy one that makes me feel less sad.

An LS400 looks like it would be great though.

>I'm not really looking for a powerful fast car.
Well they aren't much faster than a modern car in most cases.
Tell me lighting up the rear tires on a boomer barge with a 7 liter V8 while the engine makes this noise:
youtube.com/watch?v=USMKyOlbfx0
Wouldn't be fun.

The fiat multipla is cute in its own way and has great visibility

forget about the corolla, get the LS 400

The 240 is the official car of old-Veeky Forums and is fine.

Unless driving a car seriously excites you (it still excites me, 11 years after getting my license), then a car probably won't make you any happier.

Unless you're an anxious person, then amphetamine (adderall) will make you happier. I was a super-depressed guy living in a cloud of darkness and anger for 10-12 years and only learning to stop giving a fuck (and taking lots of recreational drugs) helped. I guess getting my miata helped, but I live in the boonies with lots of curvy roads and get drive the piss out of it.

normie here.
If i some some neckbeard kid driving a 240 i would instantly assume they're a school shooter.

just my $.02

I only started feeling sad recently, like within this past year.

I grew up in Southern California and I went to university there, but I moved to Maine after I graduated because I got a job here.

The pay is pretty good, but I usually feel lonely because I've always been a very reserved person and the only reason I got by in ultra-extroverted SoCal is because the high population meant that I could always find some people in my school or workplace who were also reserved and interested in what I am interested.

I now live in the countryside and that's nice, but I can't seem to meet people and I get very sad in my 30 minute commute to work.

I'm not a neckbeard, or at least I'm sure I don't look like one.

I'm just average.

regardless, that car is associated with old people.
you need to get laid, not a car.

I've already been in three relationships.

All three of them were sexual.

I just haven't felt the drive to pursue a relationship since I moved here.

>I just haven't felt the drive to pursue a relationship since I moved here.

>All three of them were sexual.
That might be your problem. You get into a relationship, bang a few times and there's nothing left there except that.
Try to take a day to understand why you're feeling down. I don't think the type of car you're looking for will make you happy.

>Someone who's had 3 GFs and fucked all 3 complaining about being sad
28 and kissless virgin get on my level faggot. I've gone past sad and developed a hatred of all women, but even more so myself. They're all unfaithful whores who don't deserve me, but at the same time I'm a piece of shit who doesn't deserve anyone else and that's clearly why I'm still alone.

"boo hoo I haven't been laid since I moved to a new town and I need a car to improve my mood"
Shut the fuck up you failed normalfag. There are people trudging through life with way worse.

I haven't talked face-to-face with someone my age since august '15. I finally graduated w/ my CS degree last week but have no way to move out since I have no money (no debt though). I go days without seeing other people. You just have to focus your mind on doing things for your own sake. For me, that usually involves getting high as fuck and hooning in my miata or binging on speed and playing LoL or whatever. I'm not saying drugs are the way, but they sure helped (also, I tapered off and quit antidepressants last fall which seems to have actually helped [not medical advice].).

I've found that IRL friends are a burden and will never like us introverts as much as we'd hope. Veeky Forums is my social outlet (and 420chan), which is great because we all have similar interests but you can join or exit the discussion whenever you want then go do you stuff. I don't even have a bookface.

For me, a lot of my depression was related to girls/women and jealousy. I just learned to accept being alone and to just fap it off when I got lusty.

Laugh off past failures as learning experiences, don't dwell on them or feel like you're "locked-in" to being one kind of person.

If you think you aren't attractive - do something about it. Get a hair cut, start jogging short - then long-distances, don't eat microwaved shit all day. Keep your power-level hidden, don't externally advertise any autismalness that you may have. When you go places, tell yourself you're the hottest dude around, have good posture, and try hard to act normie as fuck. You will eventually believe you are hot shit, which will trick your brain into being happier.

>They're all unfaithful whores who don't deserve me
No they aren't

>There are people trudging through life with way worse.
You're probably the type of person who wouldn't give a girl a second look because she might look a bit chubby while you yourself are a lardass.

Nah just fucked in the head and incapable of socializing. I hate every minute of being in public and interacting with other people yet still yearn for a connection. Hence my presence here.

>big windows without large beams
you know what is better than big windows without large beams.
No windows and no beams
maine.craigslist.org/cto/6125605897.html (this one is overpriced though)

I've owned a couple 240s.
Buy it faggot.
Honestly though, they're good commuter cars and not much else. Only reason to own one is if you're too hipster to own a Civic or Corolla.
They're slow, get pretty meh gas mileage, and are not fun to drive. Wagons are pretty useful for storage.
The "legendary reliability" thing is kind of a meme. They're durable and easy to work on, but they're all very, very, old and you should expect shit to break.
I know someone is gonna say just turbocharge it and throw on some suspension bits, but that will cost you a good chunk of change and will make it an unreliable turd.
I would recommend one but would say to get a wagon instead.
Or else buy an old American full size wagon. They're cheap and meet all your criteria.
Either way, they'd both be old school cool and have more character than 99% of cars on the road.

Citroen C6
They are cheap as soap currently and ride is extremely comfortable. Visibility is good except rear not so much. They are also very quiet inside so you can relax and enjoy in your own peace the commute to work and feel relaxed and happy.

any off roader
the amount of freedom of movement it gives its helpful for someone feeling depressed

Buy a beat volvo if you WANT depression. 4 years of 240 ownership here, they literally haunt my dreams. At least 4 times a week I dream of crashing it/it breaking down on the highway.

>volvo 240
>landbarge
Almost got me until I saw the trip.

Pic related, was trying to find a picture of a 240 next to a miata but found this instead.

well, a volvo is a landbarge compared to a motard

volvos really aren't that big, my accord is bigger than my volvo and weighs more, they are only 2800lbs for the base model 240 and you can strip a good 300lbs out of them on top of that.

Mercury Grand Marquis.

I second this. My 2 door is around 2500-2600.

Miata, mr2, or mk1 golf gti. You can't not smile while driving one of those cars.

these are good suggestions, but I would add mk2 as well.

>mk1 golf gt
>mk2
these are some good answers, got a mk2 year ago and it still leaves me buzzed. Sure i've had to fix it more then a few times, but has yet to leave me stranded.

inb4
>fwd meme

> you can strip a good 300lbs out of them on top of that
How?

BUY IT OP!

>title missing

FUCK

Do it OP, visibility is great without being very exposed to anything. I haven't owned mine as long as some of the other guys in this thread, but I have no regrets about getting mine. Just be warned, when people say 240s are slow, they mean it. Taking mine above 70mph isn't something I do.

Why do you need to meet people when you live in the countryside? Just learn to live among nature and get a bunch of animals to hang out with. Animals are better friends than people anyway. Get like a whole bunch of animals. Horses, goats, dogs, cats, the whole shebang. "All my best friends are animals" master race.

>old Volvo
>Bernie Sanders sticker
Every time

See, it's funny OP, because you're basically living my dream life right now. I go to school in NYC, and all I want is to move out to the country and live somewhere beautiful with plenty of space, surrounded by the splendor of nature and with lots of room for pets where I can just go on hikes and shoot guns all day, and have a nice simple scenic drive to work, instead of spending an hour each way commuting on filthy public buses and subway cars.

I think your real problem, OP, is that you're a normie. You're coming from your shitty decadent social SoCal lifestyle, and so your expectations are completely off. That's the real reason we hate normies. Not just because we're jealous of you having incredible experiences we'll never get, but because you have those experiences and ultimately you're still miserable shitty people like the rest of us. And that's partially because you don't appreciate what you have, but it's also because you're human, and it's a reminder to the rest of us that we're human too, and even if we got the incredible social lives and GFs we've always lusted after we still wouldn't be happy, because life is shit and we're all going to die alone and miserable. We hate you because you remind us of that, OP. So shut the fuck up about your commute, because a comfier car isn't going to make you happy. You need to learn to appreciate what you have. Go roll in some dirt or jack off on a tree or some shit. Happiness is where you find it.

>That's the real reason we hate normies. Not just because we're jealous of you having incredible experiences we'll never get, but because you have those experiences and ultimately you're still miserable shitty people like the rest of us. And that's partially because you don't appreciate what you have, but it's also because you're human, and it's a reminder to the rest of us that we're human too, and even if we got the incredible social lives and GFs we've always lusted after we still wouldn't be happy, because life is shit and we're all going to die alone and miserable. We hate you because you remind us of that, OP

Hit a little too close to home, user

maine.craigslist.org/cto/6106666701.html

maine.craigslist.org/cto/6107054647.html

maine.craigslist.org/cto/6111822296.html

maine.craigslist.org/cto/6119594623.html

bonus

maine.craigslist.org/cto/6125840757.html

I still cant decide if that car is beautiful or fucking hideous.

cringe. california is the "country" ya numbskull.
pic related 15 minutes from the ocean.

flyover states are shit period.