/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

a bit late edition

DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION
(To find out why, read OP FAQ right below this, under "Which edition should I buy?" section)

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this first before asking questions)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>Stat Checking
r6stats.com/
game-rainbow6.ubi.com/en-us//player-statistics//multiplayer

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Galleries
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org/
imgur.com/a/rVmZG

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Mid-Season Reinforcements deployed on March 15th.
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-US/updates/velvetshell/reinforcements.aspx
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/updates/velvetshell/index.aspx
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-2-13-2017

Friendly Mission Successful:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UQlHe4RHFuo
pastebin.com/C7Q91sYf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Mira behaves very strangely when under fire

hey drawfriends

about how long would you say it takes you to do a picture?

Like 4 hours because I get hung up on details

Is this climbable solo? Do I have to start learning how to 1v5?

5TH for sakuya

hong kong when

I saw that Siege is on sale on steam. I played it during the free weekend and liked it, but I'm just wondering if Ubi has done a good job of supporting it, and if the online community is good and actually communicates.

Read the OP FAQ, answers both of your questions

really makes you think

>/k/
not even going to bother

Well this is the second year and they promise content till the end if it. As for the community, it is a mix bag. Most of the time I play with people who never communicate but we somehow work together. Then you have the shit talkers and the people who actually talk and plan stuff out. I find these talkers rare. Then again, if you initiate the conversation first people might join in and talk back.

/k/ hates any video game that isn't ultra autistically 1:1 recreation realistic. if 1/147 weapon in a game does something even remotely unrealistic they hate the game.

>Wahhh weapons with same calibers do different damage
>wahhh the game doesnt look like its Pre Release teaser
>wahhh fucking subliminal messaging
You could have linked me to a /v/ thread and I wouldnt have been able to tell the difference

you are cute and special user

I don't mean to sound negative but has anyone actually played any of the older titles in the game recently and appraised how "tactical" they are

As someone who played the series backwards from 3 when it came out and replayed them all recently I'm starting to think the whole genre outside of SWAT 4 really hasn't placed any emphasis at all beyond how quick you are at killing the guy in the corner, and SWAT 4 is just as guilty.

T-Hunt in the older games that everyone praises is basically flashing a room, killing the corners, and then moving forward since very rarely will any enemy actually patrol outside of the room they spawn in, and they have a high propensity for stocking up in the same spot if they do leave their rooms

I'd argue the possibility of being shot through anything more than the door is a layer more tactical than the T-Hunt slaughters and exploiting the AI, being able to choose your entry point and command the braindead AI around doesn't really make it all that deep

Not that they're bad, but I don't really think anyone has actually played them recently to praise them as much as they do. There's even that Rogue Spear webm of him just running and gunning through rooms of clumped up guys if I had it

Oh my user!

99% of gun owners have
a) problems with authority
b) have problems with women (just look at all the people who are complaining about women encroaching on something typically done by males)
c) are generally paranoid (the guvnerment is takin muh weapons, sandy hook was false flagged by obama, etc.)

so really, the reaction to this isn't the least bit surprising.

>/k/
>in 2017

I know Veeky Forums is shit but the rest of the boards on this site are terrible now

I dont play videogames because the only purpose of them is to put subliminal messages in your head and brainwash you to accept the agenda of the company that paid the hundred million dollars to make the damn propaganda
also

>playing anything ubisoft
you realize Rainbow Six: Siege was just the multiplayer half of Rainbow Six: Patriots right?
the game was scrapped when Tom Clancy died and Ubisoft took full control of Red Storm or whatever the name of his game studio was called
so, basically, you paid 60 bucks for half of a game that was made years ago.

but if thats not enough to get you to stop buying into Ubisoft' shit, watch this

Is this is a new pasta?

nice projection, cuck

did you even read that thread user?

what

>cuc/k/s
No thanks

>Blackbeard is the most OP operator, followed by Frost

Seems like pretty good pasta.

>i'll call him a cuck

>play ranked cause I think it might be a better experience
>playing a few matches after work
>some kid with MEMES in his name is calling me a baddie cause he got downed by an echo after a yokai and I couldnt turn attention to him to kill the echo and save him fast enough
>only does moderately better than me and we lose the game
>absolutely no communication just blaming me and calling me bad cause he died

Nice

>Everybody whining about the "SJWs" ruining video games
>The game having females in unrealistic
>In a game where you play as an operator who lugs around a giant fucking world war 2 machine gun
I'll just never understand.

>/k/ hates any video game that isn't ultra autistically 1:1 recreation realistic.
Or isn't some janky ass game like STALKER.

I mean, maybe 99% of /k/. I own guns and generally don't have an issue with authority, and I don't have an issue with women, and regularly take female friends to the range, most other gun owners I've met have been the same. The paranoia is something I have seen though, I've run into a few of the prepper types at the range wearing shitty made in china airsoft tactical vests and shit basically larping as soldiers who think that shits gonna hit the fan who are constantly paranoid of losing their guns.

>going to a gun enthusiast board for video games

What did you expect?

That being said I am triggered a little bit by the inclusion of 5.7 rounds in the game, and they don't hyper-penetrate everything.

Like, that would feel like a good way to balance the fact that they do less damage.

/k/ is just overun by /pol/ cucks

STALKER is janky though.
>All the working parts of the guns are on the left side
People just dicksuck the game because muh mods muh Misery

Look at you, so proud of yourself fitting into what some random person on the internet thinks of you.

But it's fun.

Not really. It's more like /pol/ trying to infect their shitty way of thinking into every board.

the thread is already shit can we get a new one?

>play a game that attracts /pol/
>don't like /pol/

really makes you think

I decided to just say fuck it and bought the year one bundle tonight. Looking back I should of just bought to standard edition instead of the season pass edition and the bundle then saved up reown as I waited for the year 2 operators to come out. At least now I'll have plenty of reown for meme outfits and skins.
My second round using Frost I snagged 2 fuckers with my bear traps over the coarse of a minute. One I had to put down and the other was an instant kill. Both were right under a hatch in the bathroom.

>Siege attracts /pol/
???

I recently finished playing through clear sky and call of pripyat. They're enjoyable, but hardly realistic, I usually don't give a damn about how realistically guns are portrayed, but the mirrored guns was super weird to me. The game's also run pretty poorly, and you need to download fan patches to fix all the shit the devs couldn't be bothered to. It's like a Bethesda game almost.

>Look at you, so proud of yourself fitting into what some random person on the internet thinks of you.
What?

gimmie some of that crinack

This game has nothing at all to do with politics.
The terrorists aren't even muslim.

Bear trap shouldn't be an instant kill unless he was last op standing.

>haven't play much since red crow
>boot it up again and start playin casul
>get paired with some DUDE WEED LMAO's
>talking about death and the universe
>prepare to get destroyed
>we go on a 5 game win streak
ill never doubt weed again

no they're white, which is only proving the point that it's anit-white brain washing liberal propaganda.

>Anything with white villains/enemies is anti-white propaganda

>white mask that covers their face
>wear long sleeves and gloves so you can't see skin color

You guys are disappointing Doc

for as many times as i've seen this i just now realized he's awkwardly leaning on his hand as opposed to using a walkie talkie

In the White Masks reveal for this game you can see white/tannish hands and areas around their eyes

But I'm pretty sure it's just an AESTHETIC choice, they actually kind of remind me of the Separatists from CS:GO and the real life ones

anybody want any art done? I hail from /k/, I used to do Paint shit for /xcg/ but I left after a while.

kek
>get put in a match with a very angry Kapkan main
>he proceeds to fuck everyone's shit up for about five matches
I'm sorry I ever doubted you, angry hood guy.

Define "art", are we talking fancy edits or borderline original

Something like the oldest 4 operators hanging out like pic related

you don't find it odd that in a game with different maps around the world you don't find it odd that the villains are always, always, white?

you can clearly see around their eyes and wrists that they're white. they also sound white and sure as hell don't sound black, asian or anything other than white.

>one less jew in the world
is this supposed to be a bad thing?

Weren't the terrorists in Patriots a separatist group called "Patriots?"
I think people are starting to get bored of islamists and we're going to see more separatist/libertarian terrorists in games.

>really makes you think
makes me think we should not be able to quote across boards, get out of /k/ faggots

Or someone was two lazy to change the skins. Could beChechens

>I hail from /k/
well i guess this whole thing does have an upside. welcome to /r6g/ new drawfriend! have you checked out the booru?

>I used to do Paint shit for /xcg/ but I left after a while.
can you post some of your previous work? i'm curios to see your style.

Guys they're listening in on us listening in on them!

this is bait and not even good bait
does anybody have the "go back to /pol/" image because I don't seem to have saved it

yeah and they were white too.
but they had some justifiable anger since it was against the wall street bankers which caused the 2007-2008 financial crisis.

>prove that the white masks are in fact white people
>DURR THIS IZ BAIT
BTFO

I can do both, I'm pretty slow at edits because I'm an autismo when it comes to getting minute details right

that sounds cozy af, I make no promises but I'll see what I can do.
>the oldest 4 operators
I know Tachanka and Thatcher would probably be there, who would the other two be?

pic related is the only one I can find saved on my laptop, I made it about a year and a half ago though so I've changed quite a bit since then.

don't even bother responding, deny him the (You)s that he so sorely desires.

he was

Who here thinks the game is fun but horribly unrealistic and has huge mistakes that make no sense since they went for the whole realistic feel but also doesn't care? They want by caliber destruction, but damage differs between guns that share calibers, 5.7 just sucks and doesn't penetrate really well, women and tachanka and frosts smg, spain has no money but has Jackals foot fetish gear which outdoes everyone except Echos drone. I mean I don't really let it bother me since the game is made by Canuck failures who know nothing about counter terrorism or guns, but they also shouldn't push keep pushing the realism and doing a half ass job at it. My biggest complaint is that they have FBI SWAT over FBI HRT in the game since they probably didn't know they exist. Should have been LAPD SWAT and FBI HRT and no seals.

Just started playing this and am having a problem. Not sure if I'm just doing something wrong but the movement in this game is extremely sluggish and doesn't feel very fluid. Is that just how the game is?

>they also sound white and sure as hell don't sound black
Wrong! Multiple voice actors voiced the white masks. One of them was voiced by a black man. Checkmate, kid
youtube.com/watch?v=UQlHe4RHFuo

I think they origionally wanted to go for the realistic vibe but then it turned into a big deal and they decide to make dlc for another 20+ operators or whatever so they had to throw realism out the window

Come back you bastard. These faggots are flush with drawfags.

Montagne and capitao

here is my idea

the problem with tachanka is how immobile he is, and kapkan's issues with speed has been well documented and i believe i have an issue that serves both and encourages unique cooperation

>kapkan is now 3 speed 1 armor
he now has the speed to deploy traps efficiently and roam, but there's more to this

>tachanka's turret is now on a mobile platform that may be hitched to any operator on his team so long as tachanka is on it, and is then drug behind them, with the rifle shield deployed in front of the operator he has hitched
this not only makes sense from a name perspective, but it solves tachanka's problem with mobility and encourages him to roam instead of playing objective

with the shield no longer on his turret he is still vulnerable, while serving to help the roamer he has hitched to and benefits them both

A+ for proof of concept

the golden age of waifu-posting is over fampai, waifu-posting is my raison d'ĂȘtre

I'll return if you lot will allow me back, I wanna draw/edit stuff that I have an actual interest in tho

get Ubi on the phone asap

What about an attack operator who can use their drone and hack enemy cams for scanning from beyond the grave.

The 4 oldest operators are montagne, tachanka, capitao, and thatcher

>four of my favorites
I guess it was meant to be.

Anyone wanna que up on PS4?

it's probably because you like daddy's dick.

pastebin.com/C7Q91sYf

thought i'd just throw this out there;
>be me
>playing on my local server (wja) until clearance 85
>consistently destroyed
>think something is fishy
>think ubi is just plain fucking with me

but i think i've figured it out; china is the biggest producer of game hacks and they hate japs, where better to test out their programming?

>decide to test my theory
>migrate to eau servers
>200 ping so already at a disadvantage
>winning team 100% so far
>consistently useful to team
>mvp 80% of my games so far

yeah fuck switching back to my local servers
have fun getting rek't australia

How would you make IQ and Echo more useful?

I like picking IQ because she's fast and lets more skilled teammates have their picks and I like Echo cause he's my fatboy Echo.

Tfw Valve didnt want to refund my Starter pack with 5 hours playtime because I decided I wanted the Standard pack instead. I guess they dont want extra money.

What are those guys in red called again?

Then we can just expect backlash from people claiming it is indoctrination against that way of thinking.

ADVENT

We have a T-55 helmet of all things when are we getting a western tanker helm? You could easily fit one on plenty of operators without clashing with the game's aesthetic.

>You could easily fit one on plenty of operators without clashing with the game's aesthetic.

that's the problem

>tfw you spent 30,000 renown on a meme hat for an operator that you rarely use
n-no regrets

NIGGA

Like Nigga

ADVENT captains

Patsy

>IQ
>French flag

epic

Someone save Jager! His katana is going to fall!

Wasn't me I swear

Forgot picture, his autism has spread to me

>go for some casual games
>first game, join 0-2, get recruit because loading, lose because team doesn't look when I tell them where the enemies are waiting
>get another
>2 leavers, no one fills in
>get stuck as recruit again
>lose

N-Not like I wanted to have fun tonight, Ubi.