Hey Veeky Forums redpill me on the 2004 v6 hyundai tiburon

Hi, i've been offfered a Hyundai tiburon for 1.5k, it has less than 80k miles on it and all i need to do is change the front and back struts and coils. Is this a good deal or am i getting ripped off? Also would like to turn this car turbo at one point.

serious answers plz

i often wonder what its like to live through the perception of a normie

V6 is shit for boost. The i4 sucks too, but it's a better candidate for that.

If that's the one you're getting, go for it. Just don't expect much out of it in the way of performance.

senpai pls

you're saying that i4 is better for boost? :(
i would like to get some nice bhp out of the car but yeah I don't know what decent mods should i do

he's not going to fucking turbo it. all normals say shit like that. bro eventually im gonna swap it. bro im gonna turbo it soon. but they never fucking do it.

just take that part of the question and then answer.

kek you're just implying m8, i might turbo it, thats the goal but im not gonna swap it and if i dont turbo it im still going to mod it to my liking. It is going to be my car so fuck off m8

>"sports car"
>FWD kimchi box
Fuck no, that's a good commuter car and that's it

You will also be graced with the presence of:

-electrical gremlins
-transmission failure (particularly the clutch failing prematurely)
-rust
-weak performance from all components (brakes feel like mush 50% of the time, and for no apparent reason)
-lack of parts

These are shit cars in every respect, true nigger nuggets. Buy it at your own peril, but be prepared to spend thousands maintaining it.

Why those Tiburons got that Tuscan badging?

thanks user

for some reason my mechanic said it was a good car and the parts and maintenance was cheap lol

cuz its "an elite version"

>your mechanic said it was a good car
>your mechanic who makes a living repairing cars

No offense to your mechanic, but rethink your relationship with him.

Oh boy.
I thought it was a fan boy "special ed"ition.

kek thats what i thought when i read the post the other user made about its failures, we'll see what happens but apparently most of you approve its a shit car

>""mod"" a 2006 tiburon
just stop. what are you going to put LEDs on it and 120mm fans?
dont fall for the "sporty" meme.

either buy a good car to start with, or buy a shitbox daily + a project car.

i was planning to add an air filter and nice exhaust system just to begin with and be happy. I want this to be my project car since i have only 1.5k and i havent gotten any other offers and i need a car now, even though its an unusual one and a FF

It's a piece of shit. Don't do it. Just buy a civic for 3k and keep it stock.

Idk op I work with a mechanic that drives a v6 tiburon and he likes it. I'm not sure what his whole mod list is but I know he's got like a stage 3 clutch, headers, full exhaust (straight pipes), and some other shit. I've driven it a few times, it wasn't super fast, but damn it sounds fucking good. Idc what anyone says the 2.7l v6 sounds fucking good with straight pipes. There's just something about smaller displacement v6s and v8s that make them sound better than the larger displacement ones.

oh and there are sites dedicated just to selling performance parts for the tiburon, so there are things you can do but I wouldn't recommend turboing it, MAYBE supercharge if you were desperate for power.

just drive it as is imo as a daily.
get something with an actual community behind it for a project / mod car.

>don't buy this $1.5k shitheap
>buy this $3k shitheap instead

thanks based anons, based of off u guys will probably not turbo it but a nice air filter, clutch improvement, a nice exhaust system will definetely come. I need a DD and I'm planning on having a fun one

Top Gear loved it, and I did too as a teenager. Had one with the i4 for a bit in highschool, and it was okay. Took more abuse than it deserved, and chicks thought it was hot.

Slow, unreliable turd.

Get something else OP or you'll regret it

>top gear loved it
Fuck off plz

do you at least know how to change your oil?

>80k miles
>Already needs new shocks and struts

Stay far far away

I own an 08. They aren't fast but they are fun little cars. Easy af to work on too. But the engine is gutless.

It's not a great car but 1.5k for an 06 anything?

Not a bad deal.

>says the Tiburon is a turd
>posts the worst gen MR2, aka second rate MX5
kek

Thank you. I don't get why some of the fucknuts on here actually think that insectoid piece of shit is good.

buy a 2k civic and do 3k in mods

i knew a kid who had one and thought the world of it.. put all the tuscani badges on it, bragged about it, etc,etc.. i walked it with a stage 2 chipped 91z24 5 speed. i ran 15.2's@90mph at the track with just the chip. (i am aware that is not fast, but that tibby is even slower).

I read "I blew" when I read it the first time.

I like my version more.

i've had mine for 3 years, no problems to speak of. there will always be armchair drivers who think they know best, as evidenced in this thread, but the v6 sounds great, has enough pull to keep you happy and it's quite the pussy magnet.

however, you'd be better off supercharging the v6 and turboing the l4 (according to most tiburon owners' forums etc.) but i have yet to investigate this properly.

It's not even a good commuter car though. It gets like 20 MPG and is still slow as shit lmao

Same reason people put JDM shit on their Hondas and Acuras.

I get 47MPG

because you don't have the V6

sub 10s 0-60 is o k for most folks and if highway commuting you can get at least 35 out of it, i do anyway

Easier maintenance at the end of the day. And I'll still stay alongside with a V6 model. I might actually get them on a launch. Depends on the drivers.

Get it. It's the most fun you can have in a car for 1.5k

Lmao. No you don't nigger. It's rated at 30 hwy.

Not saying you can't achieve more than that by babying it, but 47 is just nonsense.

intake and exhaust won't do anything except make the car louder for no reason.

Unless you have some form of aftermarket engine management with the ability to have it retuned to take advantage of those mods.

Even then it won't make much more power than stock.

Don't expect it to be any faster than a stock civic.

he has a manual 2l, could be possible.

>highway commuting you can get at least 35 out of it
No way in hell from the V6, which I was obviously referring to. I knew three guys who all owned Tibby V6's and they got garbage fuel economy. Stop using the base model to defend it.

>he has a manual 2l
Don't care. My criticism was of the V6.

>could be possible
Nope. No Tibby is achieving 47 MPG's lol

How dumb are you people?

>i knew 3 owners of a car i dislike

well i guess i must have a magic tiburon that your 3 imaginary pals didn't know about. ok thanks cya bye.

>And I'll still stay alongside with a V6 model. I might actually get them on a launch. Depends on the drivers
Oh god... This is like the Special Olympics.

Hwy 59 for days.

>my criticism was of the V6

>2l owner claims 47mpg
>"no you don't nigger"

you criticised the 2l with your stupid, bigoted comment

Dude you okay?

Dude. I know how hard this is to believe, but there were three guys I used to hang out with who all owned Tiburons and got rid of them for better cars. It's a piece of shit. Get over it.

>special olympics
first time reading a street racing ricer post?

> street racing ricer
Fuck It. I deserve that title.

You're missing the point. I originally criticized the V6's poor fuel economy, and he then responded by posting his base model's MPG. How the fuck is that of any relevance?

the base model is 1.6 not 2.0

learn ur cars n00b

Suck my pecker

lolno