Balkan/Greco Empire?

Hey guys, this will probably be the lamest thread you will ever see on here but I have a request. I have recently been playing a game called Crusader Kings 2 (for those unfamiliar this is a grand strategy game wherein you play as a noble from the middle ages) and I have control of the entire Balkans including Greece. I finally have enough prestige to form an empire and I want you to name it in the most historically accurate way possible. I started the game as Croatia so my dynasty has some sentimental connection to the kingdom. My dynasty is also culturally Croatian so I'd like the name of the Empire to be written in Croatian (I play with the Historical Immersion Project mod, which changes the names of titles from English to their native tongues).

So my question is, if there were an empire in the middle ages that spanned/united the Balkans that was of Croatian origin, what would it be called? Currently, I set it to "Ujedinjene Balkan" but I am not sure about the Croatian translation as I just used Google translate. I also don't know if I should name it this because I plan to expand my empire further than the Balkans. Also to my knowledge, Greece doesn't really associate itself with the Balkans all that much, and I'd like a name that has at least some Greek influence (or one that Greeks would be okay with).

P.S. I am aware that the word, "Balkans" was not used until after the middle ages. I would be open to using a different word but I am also somewhat fine with using that word.

I think the historical term for it is "autistic"

Douche.

Bump.

The only major kingdom ever based in Croatia was Croatia

Well that depends on the period, but Slavic kingdoms, if they hypothetically controlled all that area, would try to continue with Roman legacy.

Only kingdom based in Croatia was Croatian Kingdom (Hrvatsko Kraljevstvo), and in later middle ages based in Bosnia there was Kingdom of Bosnia (Kraljevina Bosna).
Serbs and Bulgars have loads of Greek names due to orthodoxy.
Croats and Slovenes less so, but Dmitar (Demetrius) was name of one King of Croatia.

This pope was immensly powerful during that age, same as franks any other catholic group if it would ever gain that much power would try to "translate" legacy of rome to their empire.
Especially considering Rome was just beyond sea for Croats.

If you plan to expand further, maybe try naming your Empire based on the seas it will control? Like a Croatian translation of "the Eastern Mediterranean Empire"? Idk, seems pretty lame. Are you orthodox or catholic? Either way, if you wanna take a more religious focus, you could name it the Empire of His Word or something like that. Could be boring and name it after your dynasty too. Could you post a screencap so I can see just what you control, and maybe highlight or circle the territory you consider or plan to consider core territory?

Well the word yugoslavia just means south slavs and so the empire or whatever the name in croation of yugoslavia, and comeon realistically you invaded greece and so they are a subjegated people, you rule over them so they dont get a say, thats just my humble opinion, in the real yugoslavia the albanians in kosovo wherent slavs but that didnt change the name of the country, so be realistic and fuck the greek

Croats originated from Serbs hue hue

Adriatic Empire?
Sounds great tbf

Perfect. OP pls take dis.

well if croatians were to have that much territory they would ceartanly not call it "ujedinjeni balkan". People form balkan generally hate each other, and would never name their kingdom in a way which would kill their national identity. The best name you could get would be "Velika Hrvatska (Grand Croatia)", or some shit like that

Yugoslavia would mean "the land of South Slavs" if anything, definitely not "South Slavs". It's also a nationalist concept and therefore would be out of place in the medieval era. If anything, such a country would be called Illyria.

Hersonite Empire. The term for the Balkans is Hersonisos in ancient Greek.

Illyrian empire
Roman name for the balkans

Ancient Greek* name for the Western Balkans*

There was no term for the 'balkans' before the term 'balkans' so it's redundant anyway
And yes the 'western balkans' were called 'Illyria' by the romans and they were organized as a province under the same name
In fact I believe the greeks called the region north of a certain river 'europe'

This was the period of "we wuz romans" and your title should reflect that.

Well the Western Balkans were inhabited by the Illyrians and so therefore the region was called Illyria. And it was the Greeks who first used the name.

Playing as a ruler of Greek culture is vastly easier when it comes to naming things because the Greeks have lived just about everywhere on the CK2 map. For example, I RPed as a Greek merchant who bought/intimidated a count-level title off an impoverished noble in Ceylon/Sri Lanka. Luckily the Greeks had a name for the Island, Taprobane.

Wow, OP here. I am very grateful for how helpful you all have been. I really like the idea of calling the empire Illyria or something to do with the Adriatic. I am also fond of naming it something to do with Rome, but I would feel kind of lame doing that because of the game's mechanics. (The game would have no idea that I named myself Rome and/or wouldn't acknowledge any connections to Rome. I could, however, try to restore the Eastern Roman Empire, but that might be impossible in the game since I am not Orthodox.)

I think I am going to go ask a Croatian somewhere what, "Illyrian Empire of the Adriatic" would best be translated to. Or, "Illyrian Eastern Mediterranean Empire." Anyone know a place I can talk to a Croat? Lmao.

I'll post a screenshot in a bit.

Illyrian or Croatian Empire sounds better imho. I guess that would be Ilirsko or Hrvatsko carstvo.

Here's the shot.

I plan on taking over the rest of Greece as well as Anatolia and maybe the Holy Roman empire if I can get a claim on it. My son's wife also has a claim on Sicily so I'll be taking that (which includes Rome) as soon as I die and my son takes over.

Yeah I might just do that.