Vee 12

Best used car with a V12 engine that can typically be found under $40,000 USD. What is it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gFbWeB3zeog
youtube.com/watch?v=_dfff-s2OMc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Jaguar
Mercedes s600, the m120 is the one you want

Toyota century

Sure, let me find a Toyota Century on my local CL.
-.-

that sux. 4U

Cool, but it runs on petrol. I don't think they sell that where I am.

>jaguar
which?
>merc m120
something a little more sporty?

You could maybe get an older Aston v12 that might be vaguely sporty when it isn't broken, but you'll run up over 40k pretty quick.

I think the XJS and some sedan had the jag v12, and while the s600 is a sedan, you can turbo the stock longblock to 600 hp, Pagani used the m120 in the zonda

Some SL had the v12 but those arent cheap

I have a 2008 sl600, i paid $34k for it 2 years ago and literally nothing has gone wrong with it but i have an aftermarket warranty for like $150/month because its something like $15k if you need a turbo replaced

>tfw mid 3's to 60 and high 11's in the quarter

Ive also had several bmw e38 750s, avoid old bmw v12s like the plague

is that a Canadian listing? Or from Australia/New Zealand?

Probably Britain, they sell petrol there.

youtube.com/watch?v=gFbWeB3zeog

Fuck cars. The fuel costs on this are still less than the maintenance and repairs on a old V12.

NZ. We get all the cool jap crap

yep, and ive heard that in burgerland they sell a liquid called gas (???? dont ask)

Gas is short for gasoline. C'mon, man.

LOL

XJS coupe with a 5 speed manaul swap and straight pipe exhaust

I would rather a convertible

You can find an old Mercedes SL that some coot has left in his garage for well under $40K. There's one on Autotrader that's a '00 for less than $11K.

Modern v12 cars in your budget aren't sporty. They're fast in a straight line but they're all heavy cars that aren't very good in the twisties. They're more about comfort

The only one that really comes to mind is the CL class. Either second or third gen. First gen is embarrassingly slow. 0-60 in high 5s/low 6s. Realistically in your price range, go with second gen. Try and find something for around 20 or 30 grand and save the rest on maintenance.... because you are gonna need it.

Also, why do you need a V12? Why not a V10 or better yet a V8? Most of the used affordable V12s are luxury performance orientated and they are heavy as shit. You'll have a V12 but it'll be on top of an extra 1,500lbs worth of fat.

I don't mind a bit of fat and I do enjoy a large slice of luxury.

I just want something that wins the stoplight to speed limit races that everyone around here seems to have during their daily drive. I'm not about to go hooning around and stacking up tickets like a goof.

If you want a good 0-60 time, get something like an STI. It was made specifically for 0-60. AWD can't be beat especially when the average car on the road is a Civic or Maxi.

And if that's slow, modify it. Get lightweight wheels and a tune. Should be doing 0-60 in the low 4s which is exactly what those older CLs will do.

Trust me. They are a bitch on maintenance, you are gonna spend a lot more than 40 grand.

Just buy a V10.
>Audi S6
>Audi RS6 (Twin Turbo V10)
>Audi S8
>BMW M5
>BMW M6
>Dodge Viper

Idk prices in USA but in Europe you can get those for up to 40k Euro apart from the viper.

Burger here, you can get a decent viper for mid-$30k. Pretty much all of them are 1994-1996 or 2003-2005 though, for some reason.

You guys are all probably right, but I want to have a V12 in my life, however briefly. I don't expect to own it for years and years, I just want to...experience it for a while.

The answer is pic related.

604 HP, more torques than the rear wheels can take.

Look at this shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=_dfff-s2OMc

old jag

buy it, drive it, get it out of your system before it blows up and sell it onto the next fucker.

DB7s are cheap.

Challenger RT plus stroker kit to make it over 6L

FCKING AUTOTRGIC REEE

Then go with the CL. Jags are notoriously bad on maintenance while Benz is slightly less shitty. You also get better luxury and the brand name. Plus Benz motors are strong. It's everything else that's the issue.

I wouldn't mind owning a CL actually.