"don't fall for dealer scams like nitrogen and paint protector!"

>"don't fall for dealer scams like nitrogen and paint protector!"
>every dealer says they do it to every car on the lot

nitrogen is a meme but paint protector is solid stuff, i had the dealer do it to my truck and its a plastic film that covers almost the whole front, godsend if you drive on gravel roads because anytime a vehicle passes you head on you are basically eating a storm of pebbles and shit that will fuck your paint in the asshole

>entire business model built around not making any money
>people are shocked when dealerships resort to scam/meme tactics to make any profit at all

I'm assuming the meaning is nitrogen in the tires? This is seriously a thing now?

it has been for awhile, whenever you see a tire with a green aircap it means its filled(or was filled) with nitrogen

>business model built around not making any money
wut

I have this on my 2002 Honda Accord, it's fucking aggravating because even if you tell a shop to just put air in the tires, they will often flat out refused because they're told they can only put nitrogen in them.

don't see the problem with either unless you're getting charged for it, in which case you're a chump.

>He didn't refuse to pay for dealer services

nitrogen and air mix perfectly fine

>tell them you won't pay
>they don't sell you the car

>He thinks this actually happens

They're just telling you to get lost.

It did.

Nitrogen should be free. Any shop charging for it is pulling shit out of their ass considering Costco does it for free for all customers to improve fuel mileage.

I fill my own tires with nitrogen, but I top them off with filtered air with the water removed.

Then it was a shit dealership and you're shit at negotiating.

Air is mostly nitrogen anyways, just mid it

Not him, but I know most dealerships these days make very little to nothing on the cars they sell. It's all about service and warranty work, that's where they make their money. A lot of dealerships would go under if it wasn't for their service centers.

>I know most dealerships these days make very little to nothing on the cars they sell
Source?

They make several hundred to several thousand on a typical deal. Then there are the deals where they rip ppl off for 5 thousand 10 thousand dollars (i.e. kids buying their first car with no clue, uneducated buyers who haven't done research, etc.). BUT they never close deals where THEY lose thousands. It just doesn't happen because of the asymmetric leverage of information (pricing data, their business strategy, how much they can afford to "lose" on the sale and then get a $100K volume quota bonus from the manufacturer, etc.).

Air is 97% or roundabout nitrogen

no its around 70% u idiot

>They make several hundred to several thousand on a typical deal
How do you know this?

Toyota mechanic here.

I can't speak for other dealerships, but at mine we would go under if we didn't have a service department. It's the lifeblood of our dealership.

bruh

Tell them to get fucked and walk out. Situation resolved.

More like 80% retard.

Then how do you get a car?

Buy a car from a person who is selling one.

I've heard of women getting charged $300+ for nitrogen. Brutal.

People that get the interior protection package are paying over $500 for a can of Scotch Guard.

That's chump change. I've seen poor women pay $2,500 for a handbag.

How are those frame replacements coming?