Can anybody give me some tips/tricks on car price negotiating??

Can anybody give me some tips/tricks on car price negotiating??
Im a shy betamale and dont know how to actually bring up the price.
Like do I say "well, the car is alright, but instead of 14k..how about 12k!"
seems so desperate to me

Do i do this AFTER test driving and inspecting it? will the dealer get pissed that I wasted his time and didnt bring it up until after??

any good youtube videos of undercover negotiations so I know how to go about this?

Other urls found in this thread:

bayridgehonda.com/vehicle-details/2008-honda-civic-coupe-2dr-man-ex-brooklyn-ny-id-16855905
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What car do you wanna get OP?

>man after looking over this piece of shit i'm only willing to go to 12k

every flaw is a negative no matter how minor

When my dad and I were looking for a car awhile ago he pretended to call his "mechanic friend" and made everything sound worse than it was.

The salesperson brought the price down, but we turned the offer away since oil was mixing with coolant.

the dealer won't get pissed unless you try to lowball the shit out of it

What about private sales? Should I bring a gun just in case the stubborn fuck doesn't want to play ball?

>will the dealer get pissed
Fuck the dealer, it's his job to get as much money out of you as possible

yes, make sure you pull it on him if he doesn't agree to whatever you offer him

Not op, but how low do you think I can drop this?
bayridgehonda.com/vehicle-details/2008-honda-civic-coupe-2dr-man-ex-brooklyn-ny-id-16855905

>What about private sales? Should I bring a gun just in case the stubborn fuck doesn't want to play ball?

wut.

Just look over it for a few minutes (appearing slightly interested but cautious), then ask to test drive it. During the test drive mention both positive and negative things about the car as they come to you. Afterward, say some neutral shit like "eh, not bad - it reminds me of the Suzuki Esteem I learned to drive in. [slight chuckle]."

Then do a more thorough inspection of the exterior, interior, and engine bay - asking relevant questions ("Has the fuel filter ever been changed?" "How about the timing belt(s) / chain(s)?" "Why is the bumper flush with the fender on this side, but slightly misaligned on the other?" "Have there been small children eating in the back seat here?").

At that point, give them a lowball - but not so low as to be offensive and say some shit like "it's got a little more wear-and-tear than I expected" or "price it any higher and I could be looking at [better car A]s in stead" or "I'm trying to pay off these student loans but the interest keeps piling up! Maybe I'll look into a $3k Civic."

If they don't negotiate more than 5% then just say "gosh, man, I just can't really afford that right now and this car really needs that 100k-mile service done that you skipped - I'm just going to look into a small motorcycle or something, but good luck on the sale!" Then start heading toward your car. If they don't give you a counter-offer as you're walking away, they will likely call, text, or email you with one in a few hours or days. If they don't then fuck 'em - find another car.

Have you ever negotiated for anything before???? Telling someone what they have is garbage and that they should sell it to you for less works maybe one every thousand times.

Even if it is garbage and the owner knows it, people value things that they own higher than what they would have if they were in the position of buying the exact same thing. It's called endowment effect. They will get offended if you call their car a piece of shit, guaranteed.

If you really want to take that angle at all, you have to make it about yourself. "Ah yeah, you know honestly it's not such a big deal that there's a dent here and there, but right now I really just want a clean car I don't have to do any bodywork on. It's really just a huge personal preference. I will still put up 12k for this 14k car, which I know is much lower but it's really tough for me to go higher than that."

Something like that is way better, it puts most of the blame on yourself and it's more understandable.

>2dr coupe civic
Yeah, Drop it completely for having shit taste senpai.

Offer an amount that's reduced by 1.5 to 2.5 times the amount you want, then negotiate. Remember, the outcome you want is either to get the car for the price you want, or to not get the car.

>Hi Mr Seller, that's a nice car you have there

>Why thanks user, you can have it for $14000

>You know, that sounds a little steep, especially considering the rust I'm seeing here, and the mileage. Would you go down to $10000?

>Can't do that user, but I could go to $13000

>That sounds better but I'm still seeing a bit of work that needs to be taken care of, how does $12000 sound?

At this point, there's two outcomes:

Option 1:

>You know what user, that sounds good. You've got a deal

Option 2:

>Sorry user, $13000 is as low as I'll give you. I've got other offers coming still.

>Okay, thanks anyway. Have a nice day.

>Brooklyn

Role in there with 2 fatass, loud Dominican women and say to the dealer, "eh, mange, hook me up with dat civic, yo."

He'll think you're a complete idiot and that's when you'll have the upper hand because you actually are not and he thinks he's for a real easy sell.

Notice how most dealerships advertise loan options
This because the bank gives them a cut from the credit interest

1. Pretend to be interested in buying with a loan at first
2. Let the dealer give you a quote. He will silently factor in the cut he gets from the bank
3. Just when you're about to sign, pause
"Let me quickly check my finances again"
"I'll pay with cash after all"
4. The dealer won't increase the price again
You just saved a few hundred bucks on a $10000 car

>Financing through the dealership in stead of your own bank.

Do people do this?

This is the worst negotiating ever.
The dealership is going to take a piece of paper and draw a square and go into their tactics of financing vrs cash... etc.

Why deal with all that and just say you want the car for cash and no taxes. That alone is a decent savings.

Call them out on any mistake in their ad, never say anything positive about the car, act bored and dismissive to anything positive they say about the car.

>Call them out on any mistake in their ad, never say anything positive about the car, act bored and dismissive to anything positive they say about the car.
You do all that on top of the loan bait-and-switch

How can you spot problems like this?

Or meet in the middle at 12500

Pay no more than 7200. I didnt see any milage though...

Guys how much higher do dealerships price their cars more than its worth?

As a general rule of thumb how much is a fair discount %wise for thr buyer and seller?

What do you do when you argue the "kbb" price with the seller and they say that they dont go by kbb...?

Why are high milage car prices still high as fuck? One car with 45k miles is $15k. Another car same year/model with 110k is $14.5k. Wtf.

61k friendo
Pretty all right deal imo