EXCITING CRASH webbums with 2 SCOOPS:
Old thred:

Other urls found in this thread:

spokane.craigslist.org/mcy/6119169800.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nice thread, dumbass.

Thanks bb

this thread is shit

>two tripfags and their buttbuddy user trying to pretend their weekend of threesomes was relevant edition
FTFY

#
Because there are situations where gasoline can be pushed back into the airbox and you dont want that to pool there.

Also water/moisture during heavy rain.

Why don't you guys ride a Supermoto already ?

because I regularly go above 130

Because i got a big boy license

My girlfriend only goes out with me cause literbike

I don't want to stop for gas every 90 miles.

>Go for 190km round for the last summer event in my area
>Fork seals fucked
>Rear caliper pin seized
>Chain slider breaks apart
>Rear rubber shows cracking
>Could do with new wheel bearings, too

This winter is going to be fucking glorious for my trusty XR400 workhorse.

I only ride bikes with at least 100hp and 90nm of torque

>Mfw my modded-to-fuck XR500 av-gas only barely scraped 80hp in full flat-track trim

Tbh I'd never want more than than on the road. V-twin road for lyf.

I can't imagine many circumstances where having more power on tap would be a con for an experienced rider

>tfw want non-edgy looks, I4 sportbike performance, standard ergonomics and comfort, and sports-tourer wind protection
>tfw this bike doesn't exist

Eh, that 500 was super peaky. Cams drilled and oil rerouted to throw away the lobe splash bucket, massive duration/overlap on cams, newly reground crank, completely redone head and can't remember what carb I was using. I think it was running 13.2:1 compression at the end.

Once you get to a certain hp/torque bracket, supermoto/xcross geometry and suspension becomes a liability, less travel and lower CoG becomes seriously important.

That said, I regret selling it to this very day. Bit off more finances than I could chew.

Baird needs to fix his goddamn DRZ that's why :^)

i can only afford one bike and a super moto just isnt practical
but when i get a better job and can afford a second bike, dr-z 400 sm here i come

>have aftermarket muffler that's a little loud
>buy a stock muffler, it's 10lbs heavier
>put it on
>it's not that much quieter

Bad decision? Bad decision.

Why get the worst supermoto?

Just stick some steel wool in it

convenience and price. its a cheap bike at under 7k, its reliable, it's already registered for the road, i dont have to buy new wheels or readjust the speedometer, i can go straight from the dealership to having fun with it. besides, what's so bad about it?

oh, and it doesnt have service intervals every 20 feet, like the euro trash bikes

It's just ktm that has low service intervals, it's pretty much on par with the other new Euro sumos

the dr-z also costs a few thousand less

Well yeah, better things generally cost more.

but realistically what would i be doing to need that "better" bike? am i really going to complain while doing a wheelie about not having a ktm? would the husquavarna really hop a curb or go down stairs that much better? will i suddenly complain about the suspension after hitting a pothole? are most people really going to be noticing that heir hoon bike is not the best?

>Buy this spokane.craigslist.org/mcy/6119169800.html
>Buy the 6.3gal standard tank and swap it in for $150
>maybe handlebars if swept bars aren't as comfy as they look
>???
>Profit

This shouldn't be so tempting

go for it if you really want it

S1000XR

>tfw twice in one night this tripfag told someone that a bike is bad with absolutely no qualifications as to why that bike is bad/why another is better

>Looks nice and comfortable
>but
>eats transmissions

Being an American and wanting a UJM-styled standard is genuine suffering.

What was the other one?

The only reason to get a drz400 over any other smoto is because you are poor and that is not really a problem that bikes have.

my mistake, i remembered wrong, and i blame alcohol. last thread another user replied to the versys question user saying its mediocre and then you told v strom question user that the versys would be better for his needs, and for some reason i remembered it as you saying its mediocre and the user saying versys or tiger 800
my bad, sorry
though out of curiosity, why is the dr-z the worst?

>v strom question user
versys question user* fuck
is it time for bed then?

>why is the DR-Z the worst?

Because it's compared to the WR.

It's just the bottom of the barrel for sumos. The only thing it does well is be cheap. At least the WR250X is EFI

The drz400 isn't efi? Why the hell not?

Has it not been updated in the past 20 years?

so the wr 250 is a better super moto than the drz 400? why?

no it has never been updated beyond getting sumo wheels and brakes.

Because budget bike. Small bikes normally are for riders who don't care and aren't experienced enough to notice the difference if not told about it. Premium small bikes have historically being foreign market only because the US doesn't have licensing restrictions/sane, mature people who use motorcycles as transportation instead of fair weather weekend-only penis susbtitutes.

Just think of how long the ninja 250/500 got away with being carbed.

We're only beginning to see quality FI on small bikes because of government regulations, not because manufacturers actually care about getting the most out of an engine on the NA market if it's smaller than 600cc.

Not really, no. Either is the KLR, DR650 or Hondas 650. All carbies and cables.

Off the top of my head only KTM makes a sumo able bike above 250cc that has efi and those bikes are spendy.

Oh and Husky makes a dfi 650 thumper but good luck finding one.

dirtbikes are meant to be cheap shit made out of cheap shit. carbs are cheap shit.

if you want a dirtbike that isn't cheap shit you buy a KTM.

J A P
C R A P

ah, so its fuel injected is why the wr250 is better. may i just ask: every bike i've owned has been carburated, what's so bad about them? they're annoying to adjust and jet, sure, but a curburator problem is a lot cheaper and easier to fix than an efi problem
>curburator isnt doing right
>hand full of jets, and some carb cleaner to fix at worst
>total cost, 10-80 dollars
>its a little annoying though

>fuel injection goes wrong
>could be a lot of things
>$100-900 to fix
>probably have to have the shop do it

the average person doesnt have high enough skill to be a better rider with ife instead of a carby, and for the average rider, a carburator is a lot cheaper to maintian, especially if the bike is run once a week or more

>dirtbikes are meant to be cheap shit made out of cheap shit.
lolno.

If that were the case then none would be water cooled, they'd all be steel framed with dual rear shocks like in the 70s. Japan just has to catch up.

If there's an issue with efi it's mostly likely just the O2 sensor which is a 5 minute fix. Problems beyond that are extremely rare.

Seems at least with dirt bikes and sumos I hear more issues with injectors and fuel pumps

purely on looks dirtbikes get me harder than any sports bike, is this normal.

carbs on bikes are only cheap to maintain because of the lack of a fuel pump. it's just a gravity/vacuum feed system. at the worst you'll need new rubber and a petcock.

the most expensive repair in any fuel system is going to be a new pump. everything else can be cleaned, replaced, or fixed fairly cheaply, like cracked solder joints in the ECU, fried wires, failed/dirty sensors, and clogged inectors. having a pump to replace is a small concession to make for an objectively superior fueling system.

>the average person doesnt have high enough skill to be a better rider with ife instead of a carby

Except they'll use significantly more fuel and fart unburned hydrocarbons out the exhaust like mad, and their engine will have worse performance over its entire rev range compared to an equivalent engine with FI on it.

Neither are particularly aesthetically pleasing to me

>fuel injection
>variable valve timing
>fairings
>throttle by wire
>hydraulic clutches
>catalytic converters
>ABS
>traction control

REEEEEEEEEE

Yeah I think dirt bikes look pretty stupid with that pointy rear fender.

I-it's for weight reduction

wtf is up with reddit touching people on the road from their motorcycles. they are such faggots

>linked brakes

i'll concede that performance wise the ife is better, and emissions wise its better, but i dont think a carby on a bike is a problem

>Be american
>Not allowed to do normal motorcycle things like ride between slow moving/stopped traffic, park in places cars can not
>Allowed to buy a turbobusa as your first bike
>Just like everyone else said, the speed will just get you into trouble, and you'll get used to and bored of it anyways
>You are sitting on your turbobusa in the middle of a traffic jam on a typical american road with triple-wide lanes that could easily accompany multiple cars, and therefore any police cruisers that would pursue you if you rode between them
>You have nothing to do
>You're dissatisfied with motorcycling as you can be
>Surely, there's something unique to bikes you can enjoy
>start reaching out and touching people from your bike

>Fails and falls out of tune more often ("but muh one hour jerb! just a ten dolla gasket, ye darn newmen.")
>Can not deal with altitude changes
>Less efficient, affects operating range and economy
>"not a problem"

Wtf I hate fun now

you do know suzuki does make fuel injected dirt bikes right?
so does every other japanese brand.

Actual dirtbikes don't exist here. None of us can afford a truck in addition to our brand new CB500s and used AE86s to haul them around.

None of them are factory street legal except the WRR though

newfag here, how do i even take corners and turn on a motorcycle?

>Surely, there's something unique to bikes you can enjoy

You can always turn

>american
>everyone starts on a repli-racer
oh

based post. I'll add:
>shim style valve adjustment
>plastic or dummy fuel tank
>water cooled
>plastic headlight lens
>digital tachometer
>wanky fasteners

You let the skid demon take the bars and he rolls the dice for you. There's nothing you can do but hold on for the ride.

eh, it only really falls out of tune if you change the exhaust or intake, or elevation. i'll concede that ife is better in every way except initial cost

>street legal
>dirt bike

Or don't ride it for a week with a batch of really, really cheap gas in the tank.

Also I've never had a problem with stubborn rubber boots on EFI. The throttle bodies just lift out instead of being clamped between the airbox and the cyllinders.

that rmx can be road registered where i live

Don't forget the biggest heresy of them all

>more than 100hp
>fat tires

Direct from the factory?

yep.

My bike sat for 3 months without starting with a tank of 87 and it fired up just fine. The only problem i have had with carbs was on my 91 rm250 because the floats started to stick a bit

A full tank? I've never had a problem with full tanks sitting. I don't even use sta-bil. That shit causes hard starting, sometimes no starting at all.

Errant dirt from grimy pump nuzzles and quarter tanks on the other hand, will clog something eventually.

>always wanted a bike
>look up the steps to get a license in my province
>after getting your learner's license, you can't ride alone for 11 months
This is the dumbest law I've ever heard of, what the fuck were they thinking?

Tell them you're never alone because you believe in jesus christ

tstpst

What province? In Alberta as long as you held a standard learners license for a year or if you have a normal drivers license you can go ahead and do the test.

Still cant ride alone until you have the test done though.

Story time
>be 16, but just got learners
>read the drivers handbook at the time, states you need to wait a year with a learners before you get a class 5 (drivers license)
>only info on the class 6 (bike license) is you show up with a bike and be at least 16
>hell yeah independence, book bike license
>buy motorcycle
>do test, fail the first time, rebook
>pass the second time
>fucking ecstatic
>they go to print my license
>lol nevermind, you need to wait 10 more months before this is valid

And thats the story about how I wasted 5k on a motorcycle I could only look at.

>not buying an SK50 to ride on your learners

>Check craigslist
>BMW R75s $4000
>CT90s $4000
>Various UJMs obviously far beyond the budget of cafe racering hackjobs unless they're 125s or actually "engine seized, forks leaking, shocks squeaking, frame bent, would make a cool chopper, cafe racer or bobber $900 OBO CLEAN TITLE!!!!" broken

So now that all the cheapo fixable bikes that were a great deal for anyone with the competence necessary to replace a piece of rubber are passing into "classic" territory, the fuck are we supposed to do for shitbikes?

Wait for the market to saturate with 250cc twins as 300s finish taking over?

sportbikes with rashed fairings

$100 in bondo, sandpaper, and paint is the new $100 in float bowl gaskets, carb cleaner, and intake boots.

Quebec.
You need to wait 11 months before taking the exam for the actual license.

So basically if you don't know anyone that has a motorcycle license, you either sit on your ass for 11 months or ride alone and face the risks of getting caught.

And while waiting, you still need to pay the ridiculously expensive license and plates.

Anyone from NJ here?

So this old lady ran a red light at an intersection when I had green and by the time I noticed I was like 10 ft away from her car. Had to brake as quick as possible and the bike flipped and got messed up, and messed me up too. I didn't hit the car though. Had to go to ER because I started having really bad chest pain and all sort of things, but I had no broken bones or anything.

Since I've never been in an accident before I went and talked to a lawyer about my medical bills and asked if the woman's insurance was going to pay for it, and he said NJ is a no fault state and that chances are I'll have to pay for my medical bills, but he'll try to make her insurance pay for it. What the fuck? He also said that, he'll try and make her insurance pay whatever I still owe on the bike but I'll lose the down payment. What the fuck? Is this guy just a shitty lawyer or something? The bike is pretty much brand new (437 miles)

I've never been involved in any sort of accident before so I don't know how any of this works. If her insurance refuses to pay my medical bills, will mine pay for them? What would be the point of having insurance if none of them want to pay for anything?

Just waiting for the police report now, wish me luck guys.

If you flip yourself then then its (at least partially) your fault for being a shit rider. If you're going to crash, make sure you at least make contact with the other vehicle.

He still sounds like a shitty lawyer tho.

don't you just love retarded laws that force you to endanger your self and others. And you just know its because some fuck wit did something stupid on the road but was able to get off on a technicality and set the precedent.

Nah m8 it's really your own fault you can't brake for shit.

and you see your honour, had the defendant simply ploughed into my clients jeep escalade while it was turning the wrong way through a red light we would not be having this discussion. However as he is a human and foolishly tried to save his own life no one can be blamed but him, if you can't pull the exact right amount of brake, or mind read where every vehicle on the road will be to avoid them in the 3 full seconds that were available should you really be on the road?

>Atheists BTFO

>he has to deal with that prick showing off how amazing he is by walking on water and shit

I prefer my spaghetti monster that just gives me comfort and lets me eat her

test

Practice on a bicycle.
Its the same shit.

>honda makes the nm4 vultus to market to young anime fans
>prices it at 20k and makes it a limited edition
>only buyers are boomers and spics
>they all unironically try to resell for msrp or more
and i though i woud be able to afford a used one after a year or two

the website you're looking for is reddit