What is the best cab configuration for a pickup truck and why is it the single cab?

What is the best cab configuration for a pickup truck and why is it the single cab?

Other urls found in this thread:

minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/6076422775.html
sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/6133424348.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Agreed, and with these huge family hauler cabs now beds are getting tiny. What good is a truck that can't carry lots of stuff.

That's not how you spell King Cab.

This too, if you wanted 4 doors and a

>not having room for you and your fishing buddies

Wish auto makers gave their single cabs more love than just selling them as basic work trucks. A two seater with all the bells and whistles, and
a center compartment in the middle (can be a optional choice for the customer) would be perfect.
I don't need a big fat four door crew cab truck.

Those cabs are better than a four door crew cab, that's for sure.

Smaller trucks like the Ford Ranger, Chevrolet S10, Dodge Dakota, etc., all looked and were best as regular cabs. Larger trucks seem to be more practical and look better in king or crew cab configurations.

Single cab is fine if it has an 8' bed. Meant for work and ready to haul. A 6' bed can work well enough, but if you're going to lose 2' of workable bed space, you might as well have more room in the cab.

Single cab with bench seat

200% this. I have fit 4 people across, albeit 2 of them were women. 3 dudes can fit though

It's like you guys don't even 'murrica. Megacab long box ftw.

as the old adage goes, four doors equate to additional promiscuous women in.contrast with a mere two.

crew cab long bed

-t. guy who has DD'd a single cab short bed for 9 years and is sick of not having space for fucking anything.

will probably buy a CCLB before too long to replace the lil yota. hauling 2 dirt bikes, gear for 2, and a passenger sucks balls when you got a little 4cyl reg cab short bed.

2 door trucks are all but obsolete

>saying that the smallest trucks are best with the smallest cabs.
Maybe for a loner with no hobby's.
Are you going to put your grocery's on the passenger seat or in the bed?
Taking a friend to the airport? Guess he's a slob anyways and doesn't care that his luggage is out in the rain.
An extra cab turns the toy trucks into a functioning vehicle.

i do appreciate a lowered mini when you just want to go dirt biking alone. dont even need a ramp to get your bike in and out of the truck.

People who buy crew cabs are fucking posers.
>I need a sedan but I still want to tell the world how fucking country I am.

yeah thanks to people and their pavement princesses.

Is that the guy that races a S1000RR?
IIRC he has almost the same setup, but with a decal on the trailer?

>posers
and people who still say "posers"...

>not extended cab with full length bed

its like you want to park easily or something like a faggot

I'd say ECLB like mine, or CCLB. anything else is shit.

You have single cab trucks and you have family cars. I prefer a truck.

>I found the urbanite that never leaves the concrete jungle.
I own acreage.
It would cost more to pave my driveway than it did to build your moms house. (Last quote was $210,000).
Do you expect me to park at the road and walk a mile to my house because "everyone" should own a civic?

Fucking simple minded douchebag.

t. poser

>desu i feel like 4 door trucks are kinda stupid. extended cab seems to be the best option. if you are in construction most people have their own vehicle to get to the jobsite anyways , leaving your truck with maybe 1 other passenger when loading equipment into the truck for hauling

C O M F Y

As an extended cab owner, I have found myself wishing I had a crew cab from time to time.

unff why are mini trucks so a e s t h e t i c

The back half is clutch

Extended cab is objectively superior though.

>room to adjust seats
>interior room to carry things or additional passenger(s)
>doesn't add enough to the wheelbase to detract from maneuverability/handling

The only reason to go single cab is when paired with shortbox for absolute minimum cost and footprint and use as a dedicated beater and absolute barest function of a truck. Extended cab standard box should be the actual standard.

Quadcabs are fine but should never have shortboxes, only standard or long. Shortbox quadcabs look retarded and sacrifice utility despite remaining huge, while quadcab standard/long retain full utility and look properly balanced.

4 door trucks are stupid.
>never been to glammis or ocotillo or Dumont or bear mountain or to spring break at the river/beach/etc
If you can't instantly think of 5 times that a 4 door pickup would be almost mandatory, then you have a lot of living to do.

>not nigger piling your buddies into the bed with the gear and coolers
>what are you, some kind of faggot?

I'll stick to my crew cabs thanks, just added this gem to my fleet.

Work in progress

SCLB is the best.
Personally I think regular cab long bed is the best, but I also own 2 crew cab short bed's and a super cab short bed, I'm not picky.

Forgot pic

Jesus that's ugly. It's like truck Aztec or something.

Would look good on some rims those are shit

Kek it also has no power windows or locks. It was free though and haven't had any issues in the 100k i put on it so far

Yeah the factory rims are horrible, haven't decided what to get yet though. Considered going 20x12's with some nice dish but I don't want to run flares on this truck. Probably just gonna go stockish size and offset, just with a better design that isn't so full of aids

Yeah if it's free then fuck it.

well where i come from if you are doing that shit you ride in the fucking bed m8

I have a single cab work truck and I feel cucked every single day. You guys are idiots. Crew cab is best. Ext. cab is 2nd best. If you can't afford it, or dont know how to park, you're the cuck.

Eh i dont have kids

smug post ridiculing 2dr truck cucks

Bruh.

you barely have a truck

your friend start sucking your dick as part of the deal when you bought that useless piece of shit from him?

who ever owns this set up is a legend.

>Tfw I currently dd a 4 door cuck truck

The SHO is junk, 250k, slushbox, t-boned on the drivers side. Just bought it to run in a few enduro's.
I do like my old bricknose though.

noooooo! next time don't ruin my fantasies like that the passenger side is clean as fuck though!

>useless

With some cams and a tune 500hp is within reach on the semon demon

It's a shame too, clean completely rust free car. If it was a stick or lower mileage I'd save it.

You can fit 5 dudes if two sit on the other dudes laps, giant faggot

Regular cab us for people with no friends to take places with them. Ext cab all the way..

Also jump seats are fun as fuck

Single cab masterrace or nothing

>Crew cab is best.

Lol yeah okay. Have fun with such a large impractical sedan with a huge exposed trunk that's shorter than the cab itself. That basically what it is at that point.

RCSB best truck

Single cabs just look so much ... sexier

>RCSB best truck
hell no. that is the absolute worst combination you can own.

I'd agree if it was one of those new sub 6' beds on some of the newer trucks.

Yea, my opinion is if you're already getting the worst cab config, you might as well get a long bed.

I agree with you 90% of the time

Some long box crew cabs looks badass too though, it all depends on the truck

Automakers are just keeping single cabs stay true to it's own roots, and thats being a basic work truck. Crew cabs with short beds are for douchebags who want to look tough and menacing because they drive a truck.

Extended cab is perfect, not too big, but not too small to store extra shit behind you that you don't want in the bed.

>put single cab truck in reverse
>look back
>the view is so visible you can scream down the freeway in reverse

why single cab more single cab

CCLB is second best config, it's just Ex cabs that are no good

>it's just Ex cabs that are no good
See I think that extended cabs are what people with single cabs should have. Still have the room/people up front, and if you need to store some stuff in the cab, you have a little bit of room to do so. I have an extended cab, but have had enough situations where I've needed to seat a lot of people, or fit more things in the cab (that needed to be in the cab) than an extended cab could fit.

mirin your dakota bro

is it a 2000? I used to have one just like it, but the lighter blue with 4x4 manual transmission. I should have never sold it

Single cab 6' bed for DD and most hauling.

Any 3/4 ton 8' bed for real work.

Not a Dakota. Ram 1500 w/ V10 5-speed and 3/4 ton axles.

Personal preference I find the ex cabs are nearly useless for people, might be good to haul a few groceries etc around but the new trucks sacrifice bed space for ex cab which I think isn't acceptable. I just feel like you don't gain a lot for a worse looking setup [IMO]. If you're really after max utility then CCLB is the only real option.

>V10

now i am erect.

>If you're really after max utility then CCLB is the only real option.
Can't argue that. I was really just talking about cab configurations with 8ft. beds in my last post.

Damn, I didn't realize they made Rams that small. My dakota looked real similar

>single cab

If you're a manlet. My Dad has always had single cabs and they undriveable if you're over 6'.

Extended cab is the best. It's not a glorified 4 door SUV but there's plenty of room.

1892, huh? Man, those S-10s sure are reliable.

nigga, I daily a single cab ranger, i'm 6ft 3 and can fit in it perfectly fine. being a tall fat fuck then yeah maybe that would make it impossible to drive.

Maybe it's just older Ram single cabs then.

There's such little room in the between the seat and the pedals that I have to stab the pedals with my toes because it's physically impossible to properly put my foot on them. 6'3" as well.

Single cabs do look much cooler.

I've had single, extended and currently have a crew cab. No way I would ever go back to an extended or single cab. 4 doors is where its at.

Even with a slightly shorter box, there is way more utility. A short box is perfectly fine for hauling dead animals and mulch or towing a boat.

73-87 Chevy's have a shitload of room in a single cab, the only issue with them ends up being people who use aftermarket steering wheels which extend the wheel 2-3" because of an adapter.

>or stuffing too-big subs behind the bench seat and sliding it forward

Uncle of mine is like 6'5 and fits comfortably in his '67, '71, and '85

I won't even look at a single cab. I can't, because I can only afford one truck, and I have a family of four. It's really not a good idea to put them in the bed. We have cold winters.

what is the best configuration for a faggot and why is it OP

>what is the best configuration for a faggot and why is it OP
>OP has single cab short bed
>short bed is a flare side
Couldn't agree more.

Extended cab long bed.
Plenty of seats, you can haul a lot, and your truck remains a comfortable land-yacht instead of a cruise liner.

I hear ya - they're excellent for just doing work, in situations where you don't need a little bit of space between the seat for backpacks and other stuff you don't want on an open bed

I prefer extended cabs - allows me to have two good seats front, two shit ones in the back, and a place to put stuff I want safe and dry, aswell as space for a subwoofer and whatnot

Extended cab, 6 foot bed, longer bed if you need it..

neato projection faggo

this is true, extended cab is the best. Though not for a midsize pickup (for passengers) but maybe a for a fullsize.

Eh, it works as long as you don't ever really need four seats. Two works for 99% of the time, and that 1% of the time... well, it'll be cramped; but its still legal

The seats and belts also don't really take any space

Why shouldn't I buy this fellow truckbros?

minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/6076422775.html

>I own acreage
hmm ok.
If you actually needed a truck you would own a real one and then maybe a Subaru or something. Crew cabs either have short beds (if this is you then you could be getting by just fine with a station wagon) or they're ridiculously long which makes them a uncomfortable to ride in and a pain in the ass to park (if this is you then you don't actually move people that often).

it looks adulterated. If it's mechanically sound, it might be worth buying - but it would cost money to make it not look nigg'd

>restore it to stock height
>change the rims
>chrome delete
then you'd have yourself a nice truck

sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/6133424348.html

Does this look good to yall?

>fw no fishing buddies to do fishing with

Rangers are based af. Texass bros don't need to worry about rust so I say go ahead.

thank you for being kind and helping me user

Why are you such a f a g g o t

Muh dik

fite me