/dbt/

[D a i l y - B i k e - T h r e a d] - /dbt/

SAM did not happen yet! edition

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSek8S2Lh2X1APHW63s51djyItfBVouz2nM1J_aeV5f44CnRkg/viewform?usp=sf_link#responses

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures
>Motorcycle Pics & Boring Webbums
>Motorcycle Hot Opinions

/dbt/ map:
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

Noob? Git gud:

Boring webms, now with sound!
Old thred:

inb4 /noGROM/

its every thread, don't be surprised when it happens

What's the best way to deal with a helmet fucking up your hair without just getting a haircut?

chemotherapy

Really busts my balls when Harley owners enter their displacements in ci instead of cc on Craigslist. I just want to search for a

Buzzcut and stop caring about your hair like a little bitch ass sissy trap beta nu-male homo cuckboi

Bring a hat, put it under the little strap on your pillion seat

Buzz cut master race.
This user knows what's up. But I offer you a 3rd option.
>Don't wear helmet

So other than a cover (or getting off my ass and buying a home with a garage), are there any special precautions for a bike that lives outside?

Don't wear a helmet and feel the wind through your hair.

>hear beard whistling in the breeze
>feeling the sun warm my bald scalp but the wind keeping it cool and comfy

It's like pic related. I've been trying to get it as dry as possible before wearing a helmet and when it comes off it's flat as hell, I'll give it a shot wet.

Only about a 20 minute ride to work.

theft insurance and a strong heart
that bike wont be there long

>That bike
HNNNNGGGGG

trap user? post boipucci

I'm getting it.
They're really cheap if you can find one

craigslist tips
>search title only
>has image only
>min =$100 (to filter out that $1 bullshit)
>max = your max
>search through nearby craigslists too at least what ever the nearest big city is

I like it

I envy you.
Hows the range on them tho? Doesnt seem to have a big tank.

>min =$100

Christ I'm a retard to not think of something that simple. Still, it's just frustrating to see for me, I instantly think less of the seller and disregard even if I was remotely interested if they do shit like that.

Me too user :)

Something like 190-210 miles not including the reserve, iirc... I'm gonna carry a gas tank with me anyways touring, so I'm not too concerned over it.
Plus they make larger tanks if you wanna spend the cash.

It says online it's about 120 miles until reserve

>I instantly think less of the seller and disregard even if I was remotely interested if they do shit like that.
I'm the same way desu

also its a good idea to turn on and off those settings, just to see what comes up different especially with search title only. search title filters out the (cbr yzf r1 r6 gsxr zx6r zx10r zx10 ninja . . . .) copy paste bullshit that people put at the bottom of their post, but if someone slightly mistypes their bike name you wont see it
ie
search for gsxr 1000 you wont see gsxr 1k, gsxr1000, gsxr

or

search for yamaha R1, don't see R1, YZFR1,

I´m pretty new to bikes and haven´t gone too much yet so I haven´t used to much gas but how do you know when it´s time to use the reserve? What´s the sign?

I need new gloves, anyone got a decent recc under $50-60?

spend a bit more and get something actually good

When you run out of gas.....

I would recommend Wayloos but they stop making them ;_;

we dirtbiker now

>buy a fucking dirtbike
>request Friday off to get it registered and go riding without crowds
>the jews controlling the weather decide to make it 40° with chance of snow

fuck this gay earth

id probably go up to $75 but everything above that is overpriced shit.

I've just been looking at what people on Cafe Husky and advrider have been getting, theyre all saying over 300km/tank
I don't really mind if it's less, but there are people even claiming up to 350km...

You wont get any real protection for under 100.

>go riding without crowds
>living somewere where even dirt roads have crowds
i just feel bad for you

I mean its a 3.7 gallon tank including the reserve and the bike gets like 55mpg or so, so around 200 miles seems right

Maybe if you're just looking for cheap mesh shit with not much actual protection. Never seen a pair of decent leather gauntlets for under $100

I really just want something that will keep the skin on my hands and a pad for my wrist. Im not looking for track ready gauntlets.

Saw a pair of SP-8s for $70 on SBTG, was considering them.

Denver...

>implying I plan to ride dirt roads

Yes, our trails are busy if you're within 2 hours of Denver on a weekend. This cold and wet weekend will probably be fine. I just have to brave the 20 mile asphalt ride to get to trails.

If any Denver area dirtbike niggers wanna ride, lemme know.

Is the Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS a good first bike?

It's that time of year when the wannabe outlaw cruiser riders come out in full force. I don't hate cruisers per se, but THOSE riders are eyesores on the road and in public.
>hibernates 3/4 of the year
>revs the hell out of their bikes while going for yearly inspection
>their overly rich exhaust always wafting towards you
>pretending to be 60's biker cliche in their 40's+
At least I was able to enjoy peaceful roads all winter being the only one riding. I live in a small town so drivers kinda respected me, cops recognized me as a non-hooning commuter, etc. But now I'm lumped in with the assholes again.

is it your first dirt squirter?

>not hooning on your commute
dingus

Yes.

Some idiots will tell you ABS is bad. While I understand the intent behind those comments, ABS is great.

No. I grew up riding dirtbikes. I ride easy trails on my R1150GS and my DRZ400SM has been in pieces for a couple years, but I road that on some dirt occasionally. This is my first enduro and I'm sure my dirt skills are quite rusty.

'82 CM250C here to annoy the shit out of everyone with n00b questions...

During the test ride, I had no issues. But when just running it in the parking lot, I found that if I turn the throttle up one cunt hair, it dies right away. Two cunt hairs, and everything is fine. Seem worth investigating, or just git gud?

carb, just clean it m8

Test

Fucking finally, has just been saying connection error for the past 2 days when trying to post

welcome back to the land of the living

hi guys

just got my first bike. a 750 nighthawk. the wife wasn't pleased lol. going to go for a ride after i eat dinner here.

-rick

Hey Rick,
Enjoy the bike, but where's Morty?

post boipucci

So user,

Why don't you ride one of the greatest handling domestic made sport bikes built by the proud hands of red white and blue workers?

You da man, Rick!
Enjoy the bike, don't kill yourself!

I don't like the way the look or sound. Those bikes weren't made for me. If America made sportbikes as good as the jap I would prolly buy one

That's probably more accurate than the reviewers I was reading, seems like a nice bike at a good price.

i ride ur mum, cuckboi

>visit family for first time since getting my bike
>utter disgust from my mom
>dad isn't happy over me getting a rice burner
>youngest sister scared as shit of bike
>end up putting her on the back and wheeling my way around the yard
>as I'm leaving she drops the cutest thing
>I want a bike when I'm old like you
Sure the old bit hurts, but damn that warmed my cold heart. It's really the little things in life

ahem

post pics of sister

Have never seen or heard of this thing. Tell me more

you know her clit was getting shaken by your bike, right? that's probably why she wants one tbqh.

>If America made sportbikes as good as the jap I would prolly buy one

Oh but they did at one point my dear boy, it was during the 80's and early 90's. I'm not talking about that old oil spewing teeth rattling junk or the new hipster targeted junk.

Thanks, just waiting on the bank to get back to me about a loan on something else now, depending on how that goes will decide whether I buy the bike soon or not.

My little sister is the same way, said she wants to get a motorcycle now since I started riding and taught her the basics. Maybe I'll giver her mine if/when I get the Terra...

post pics of sister

Jesus people, they've been posted like 3 times now

because buells got meme priced all of a sudden when the weather got nice

but the 1125s get my dinger hard, and actually so do the air-cooled ones albeit based on different considerations

>cuckj?
Yeah, but post hem again.

No, im not that fag
He wants to get a 600 apparently

The man who designed that bike had a hand in designing the bike I'm referring to.

She is literally 6 and the bike wasn't even on. Nice try pedo

dat dere is a buell 1190, which beat the panigale when it came out

electronics are not as sophisticated as the current crop of liter peters, but buell is once again going out of business so you can get a new one for under $10k (at least, a new naked version of the same bike for under $10k, fairings might push you over)

buell is famous for designing very good-handling chassis with weird touches like fuel in frame and perimeter brakes.

Second observation on muh CM250C... The headlight on this thing is absolutely useless. I mean I can barely see the light on the side of the building 30' ahead of me. Is this an effect of the engine being at idle, or should I start shopping for a replacement right away? OEM is a 35/50W, I understand there are direct fit 50/65s available.

>beat the panigale
more like tied, but not as sexy

I think that nigger uses a 6.75" sealed beam headlight that are really hard to find. Just a whole new headlight with bucket that has an h4 bulb.

fair and agree to disagree, respectively

well, post pics of sister.

Anyone else really enjoy riding at night? I like just cruising under the streetlights down all the main streets with the road all to myself at like 12 or 1. I find it super relaxing

yeah but i end up reveling in the lack of traffic and doing double the speed limit everywhere

Post tendies.
Mine are getting smaller but I still haven't gotten rid of them on this bike.

Not really. There's too many bugs out and I can't see well enough in the dark.
My commute was more enjoyable when it was at night when there is no traffic but I prefer my joyrides during daylight.

I want to ram my bike into the front of an oncoming semi. But then I worry how it'll affect other riders in the way of possible laws and such.
I'm sorry if I end up doing anyway.

Chicken strips 4 u

I live in the country so no. I'm too paranoid about hitting an animal or something.
in the cities though riding at night is comfy as fuck.

I love your chicken.
I keep wanting to get me a pet rooster, but it's not allowed.

get a hair-met

Not allowed by whom?

Thanks the info! Looks like it is actually a 6-3/8" sealed beam. Just ordered up a 50/60W H4 replacement from someplace called Candlepower in New Hampshire.

Sometimes I believe it would be better for me to get comfortable riding in the night where no one is out in my town so I can get used to my bike as a beginner.

Am i wrong?

I almost do the opposite actually, just putting around thinking
I live in the country as well so i understand that feel, oncoming cars on sideroads is spoopy as hell. I live like 15 minutes outside of the city so i always ride there or sometimes just stick to main roads with painted lanes

The army, and most places I look at.
One place said small pets allowed, so I asked about a chicken and they said no.
At my family's place, my dog says it's not allowed.

Lol just don't tell anyone
Hide him away under your bed and let him out when no one's around
U get eggs and shit too

I'm in the msf class and I keep stalling the bike trying to go into first. They say it's because I'm releasing the clutch too fast. Any advice?

Realease the clutch slower, a little more rooms too

I was thinking rooster.
But the possibility of eggs is enticing.
I don't think I could get away with hiding it in dorm room, and there is no under the bed.
I was looking at places cause I was gonna move in with another guy, but he royally fucked up recently, so that's not gonna happen now either.
I am allowed a fish, so I was thinking of getting a turtle, but it seems they can get a tad expensive.

Yeah i guess that would work well for a beginner, that way you can practice strating/stopping at lights and turns and such, but only if you are a just starting to ride i would think.

Think of it more as riding in the friction zone than through the friction zone.
Find where you are catching enough to start rolling then give it some GAS GAS GAS

And last dumb Q from '82 CM250C noob (for tonight at least)... Haynes or Clymer for a service manual?

those must be some really sticky dunlops to hold the chicken completely sideways