I have a NB miata for 2 years and was looking for an upgrade...

I have a NB miata for 2 years and was looking for an upgrade. I search quite extensively for my next car and settle on a S2000. Today I went to drive one and it did not impress me at all. The car is definitly faster and feels more refine, but doesnt give me the thrill I have on my miata.

I am starting to think the s2000 is seriously hyped up. Anyone else have the same opinion?

i thought the same about the saturn sky.
i did like the miata more.

why not just upgrade the miata?

ND>S2K>NB>NA

It's part of the progression, lad.

Also
...NA>>>NC>>>>>>>Del Sol

anyone who actually knows about cars knows the s2k is shit. It makes 150hp from 0 to 6000 rpm and then makes 240 from 6000 - 9000. You literally have to be revving over 6000 to have any sort of power. they are garbage. Average faggot on this board will just go omg 2L makes 240hp and think its good

After today's test drive, I wont spend 17k for the s2000. That's more than double the miata's price and not even as fun to drive than the miata

Main reason I dont want to turbo or supercharge the miata is that I can't get the money back. You can spend 5-6k turbocharging it and can be only sell at 2k over stock price

depending on your budget, why not look into a 996 generation 911?

weirdly, the reliability is comparable

Nigga what?
That's how sports cars are supposed to work.
A lightweight sports car it's all about being in that redline, it's not about cruising.
The S2000 it's perfect for that, but it's just overpriced, the truth is that it's just a glorified MX5.
I'm waiting for the new S1000, that will be a nice competitor for the ND price range.

S2000 feels like a Civic LX when daily driven. SAD
#FakeHorsepower

I thought about the boxster and even that the maintenance cost is too high.

the non-911s have plenty of things go wrong but for some reason the 911s of that generation are tanks.
If you can wrench, which you should learn how to if not, it's p cheap to keep up with especially if you use oem parts not from the dealer

After driven one, I believe they are two very different car. For everyday drive, the miata is more fun hands down.

For track use, I can see why the s2000 is a very good car. The s2000 feels more stable at higher speed but definitly alot heavier.

I'm not sure if that's true, there's a number of porsche specific tools/parts which cost an arm and a leg, especially coming from a miata.

My NA got stolen and i figured i needed something a bit more, looking into mr2 turbos at the moment.

It does. I got my foot floored and it took a while to reach 6k rpm.

vtec is the gayest invention ever.
Instead of a natural power curve its artificially gimped down low.
People complain endlessly about almost non-existant torque dip on gt86 but praise the shit out of vtec.
Vtec is literally electronic throttle with automatic.
Vtec is turbo lag without turbo.

if you want to upgrade and didn't like s2k, try toyobaru.
Its hardtop miat with better handling and more power.

The point was to provide economy at engine speeds that do not demand power, and reserve more aggressive cams profiles under load (high engine speed). I bet people like you hate the shit out of variable valve technology because you think all engines should act like off-highway generators.

Please tell us more.

oh that's a good idea but why. every single manufacturer but honda does fine without it because at low engine speeds most engines don't give you much power anyway.
vtec would be fine if it gave you power at midway instead of top10% which makes it a bitch to stay in powerband and takes ages to get there and is a bitch to get back into once you fall out.
s2k vtec engages wayy too high up instead of like at 4.5k.
If you need to save fuel you drive at sub 3k rpm anyway

>Every single manufacturer does fine without it
VTEC is Hondas nomenclature. VVTi is Toyota, N-VCT is Nissans etc.

Everyone uses it you dumb faggot.

VTEC gives you more power in the mid range compare to not running it with the aggressive cam.

Try MR2 or Elise, depending on budget.

You are stupid

What was so bad about the saturn sky?

Did you try the redline or base model? I heard the base was comparable to the miata except trunk space. I think I'd prefer to own a sky just because you don't see them every day.

mod your NB ...?

5-6k for a turbo kit???
Yeah maybe if you get the best of the best turbo kit.
2-3k it can be done.

If you eBay turbo it, you can easily get away with 1k. that's why turboed cars go for only a bit more then stock, because people put shitty turbos in their cars.

>better handling
No
>more power
Lol. Still slower than an ND

I like the 86 but I'd get a Miata or Fiata for the money hands down.