ITT: Current world record holders

ITT: Current world record holders

pic related, fastest volume production car around the ring.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c4MRydmz86E
google.nl/amp/www.motortrend.com/cars/tesla/model-s/2017/2017-tesla-model-s-p100d-first-test-review/amp/
motortrend.com/cars/mazda/miata/2016/2016-mazda-mx-5-vs-2015-subaru-brz-comparison/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

will they ever make a r36?

Hopefully they go back to the r31-34 roots and make it LIGHTER

Carbon tub
i6 (shut up i can dream)
and 1500kg curb weight with 700hp

NIO EP9, fastest limited production around the ring

Anonymous, the biggest faggot on the internet

Slower than snek

Pretty sure its just soviet without his name.

Wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=c4MRydmz86E

that motor sounds epic

Isn't that the best spinner in the world too?

>yes
>and yes

worlds fastest voided warrenty

>limited production
Not even

>To date, NIO has built seven EP9s, so we're not sure it can be considered a "production car." NIO itself doesn't say the EP9's time is a production-car lap record, for what it's worth.
Manufacturer literally says it's not a production car
Roflmao

nice assmad

>youtube.com/watch?v=c4MRydmz86E

>Destroy that car Now! Electrical sh*t is no good for racing.

>homo promo

>Sounds like my washing machine on a normal cycle..

>electric race cars are stupid shit no soung and no gears and they are heave

>Fast Vacuumcleaner. ... horribly boring :(

>YAY!? Without any engine sound what is the point? Good for you, you drove a life size RC toy around a track...

>It's heartbreaking to see an electric battery powered car set a record on the worlds greatest track. It's even more heartbreaking to see that people actually like the look and also the sound of these things.

>How can a slightly modified Prius win against the Porsche 918..

>Only mechanical engine + petrol, that electric toy sounds like my shaving machine... the beauty of motorsport, is in the engine sound,

>don't Like no sound...

>This cannot be true, petrol cars are faster

>But it sounds shit. Its a fact

>Chinese car with ripped off European technology typical Chinese .

>SO GAY

>Electric is gay

>sound like a fuckin toy machine

>I'll never buy an electric car. sounds retarded

>what a joke it has a vaccuum cleaner sound worst game ever !

>Sounds like me taking a piss... . I hate electric cars...

>so fucking boring with this TOY sound. i wouldnt drive a electric car even if im paid 1M for it.

Dodge Challenger Demon:
>Fastest production car to 60mph
>Fastest production car to 100kph
>Fast 1/4 mile for any production car

>I6
Why would you want an inferior engine layout?

Ewwe
Reeee

>>Fastest production car to 60mph
>>Fastest production car to 100kph
tesla is faster

Model S P100D:
>2.28 seconds ex. Rollout
>2.53 seconds incl. Rollout

Demon:
>2.1 seconds ex. Rollout
>2.3 seconds incl. Rollout

Model S P100D:
>Can turn

Demon:
>Can't turn

Like pottery

Hellcat:
>24:50 Figure 8
>Pigfat

Model S P100D:
>24:60 Figure 8
>So fat it has it's own gravity well

I'f you've got some other laptimes for the P100D, I'd be happy to compare them. As it is, it's worse at cornering than the Hellcat, nevermind the Demon.

The Tesla is a comfortable 7-seater family sedan, elegant enough to take to a business meeting.
The Doge is a dudebromobile that won't get you much respect outside of the trailer park.

>The Tesla is slower
>The Dodge is faster
Ftfy

>using drag radials
try again

>awd and single gear
try again tesla, literally lmao

They're street legal. Untill Tesla finally admits to superior tire tech, Dodge has the advantage of using them.

>car comes with street legal drag radial
>surprised when the figures used include them
all 0-60 times should be on winter econobox tires?

I anxiously await your witty comeback. Don't dissapoint me.

Actually that'd be kind of cool, to test cars with the same garbage tires, but then you standardize a test with a specific brand and then there's still the wheel size and it gets janky.

Given a particularly shitty tire, all 0-60 times would eventually just bottom out at one level. You can add horsepower and suspension upgrades all you want, but you wouldn't get below 3 seconds on any shitty tire no matter how.

probably see a return of old hill-climb setups

>ICEcuck needs to use drag radials to beat street tires

>evfags need four driven wheels and pure 1/4 mile gearing to barely keep up with a flashed up v6 dodge
lmao

>A-AWD is cheating!!

no wonder NHRA banned OHC

>Implying NHRA banned OHC
The Ford SOHC and 426 Hemi battled side-by-side on the dragstrip. Guess which one has survived.

Pro tip: it's not the one with the ten foot timing chain.

>Tesla is too stupid to offer modern tires

>A-AWD is cheating!!
no. the dodge is just rwd shit and still beats an awd machine
its like a v8 beating a v6 turbo

NHRA dictates that the engine can only have one camshaft

> ten foot timing chain.
too bad they later installed gears

on street ties, the ones all demon drivers will have, since drag radials are useless on the street, the challenger is slower

now assrage at this fact

on half full battery, the ones all tesla drivers will have, since evs are useless on the street, the tesla is slower

now lmao at this fact

Citation needed.

Timing gears were only added after they were competitive, to keep them running. Besides, they add huge amounts of rotational inertia.

The Demon comes stock with two sets of 315 drag radials, which you obviously use on the street as well. I don't exactly follow how they could be worse on the street, could you explain that?

>evs is useless on the street

wrong

google.nl/amp/www.motortrend.com/cars/tesla/model-s/2017/2017-tesla-model-s-p100d-first-test-review/amp/
>You should expect to wait a minimum of 10 minutes in between runs.
Useless on the street - nevermind that it won't give full performance unless you have a significant amount of battery charge left.

GT86 holder of most car of the year awards.

>4891lbs
Holy shit, we're reaching new levels of pigfat here. With the gravity well that thing creates, of course it doesn't need drag radials to have grip.

I think you're right. Of course the alternative is using something like pilot super sports on every car tested, so let's stick with whatever comes stock

>he belives chains are better than gears
LMAO

>citation needed
>spoon feed me mommy

>could you explain
no traction on rain

motortrend.com/cars/mazda/miata/2016/2016-mazda-mx-5-vs-2015-subaru-brz-comparison/

>Recent Miata owner Pobst’s lap times align with his preference: 1:29.91 for the MX-5, 1:31.27 for the BRZ.

stay BTFO cuckhold

>>spoon feed me mommy
Aaaaaaaaand I'm out. Bye, Alphonse.

I am not going to search a 400 page document now, if you don't know that NHRA banned using more than one camshaft then that is your problem

evs is useless on the touge*

better?

Then how come you can simply use a Coyote in NHRA Stock Eliminator?

Guess what, NHRA never banned multiple cams. The only example I know of is Top Fuel, which is arbitrarily limited to reduce costs, similar to Formula 1. If they wanted actual development, they'd allow more RPM, more cubic inches, turbo's, taller gears, etc. etc. OHC not being allowed there is just a part of the rules package.

>stock eliminator

literally no one is talking about that, thats just you splitting hairs, top fuel and funny cars banned the use of OHC

>Splitting hairs
It's morelike thanking a headflow of hair, and admitting that one or two hairs (Top Fuel and Funny Car) don't allow OHC because of cost savings. Those classes either limit everything to the lowest team's level, or face bankruptcy after one team dominates for two or three years.

>cost
>not because GM and Chrysler couldn't compete

nice damage control

>damage control
>moving goal posts every time he gets btfo
W e W
e
W
I'm not even the original user and I'm surprised

>Im not the original user

Glad to know I also made you buttmad