archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15682555/
yelp.com/biz/index-general-store-index
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15682555/#q15714821
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15897356/#q15948977
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>JUNE 10TH MEET

The starting point will be the Index general store in Index
Meet at index General store: 500 Ave A, Index, WA 98256
It will follow a loop up into the mountains to Jack pass then down the other side into highway 2 with the finishing point at the Index general store
There will be as many stops as needed along the way as there are quite a few trailheads
As of right now it is bring your own food, you may bring more for others if you wish

>JUNE 24TH MEET

The meet will start at Wally's drive in:
282 WA-410, Buckley, WA 98321

The meet will be at 11am and everyone rolling out at 1130am

The route will start down 410 up to my rainier to the paradise inn. We will then go down the other side through Elbe and back to the starting location

As of right now it is bring your own food, but subject to change.

Stops along the route will be made as the group sees fit

>bumpu

Bump

While Walkies are not necessary, they are recommended for communication with the group.

Also no one fucking bring brownies.

Both meets starting at the same time?

Yes I forgot to include it in the first one

Hopefully my car is up and running by then... It's only an oil leak, how bad could it be?

t. oregonfag

bring 10w-30

You are going to drive all the way up from oregon?

Need to plan a /nightowls/ meet sometime and make some swag for my fellow nocturnal niggaz

I'm seriously considering it, since Portland is just across the river from Washington. It'd be about two hours to Olympia and then probably another 45 minutes or so to Buckley for the second meet. It's doable, in theory, but I'd probably head home from Elbe.

The first location is a little too far, though. Alas, I've never heard of an Oregon meet, so this would be as close as I could get to one.

Would be sweet to see an Oregon bro up here. Is the car scene down there dead?

I'm not really sure, since I'm new to it. But there's only a handful of Veeky Forumstists here, and I don't know if they fall prey to the old Oregon mindset of "leave me alone" that used to be very prevalent around here.

im game, i work graveyard so that would fit my schedule better. still gonna try and make it to one of the day meets too though.

I know n/o/rcal is thinking of a Redding meet sometime and they're a fun bunch of Veeky Forumstists with sweet culturally enriched boi pucci.

It's 5 or 6 hours to the border as it is, though, that'd be a long way. Going to Mt. Rainier is much more practical for me. Even though Mt. Hood or Mt. Jefferson would be even more practical...

will there be meets in july?

Only if you want there to be bb

More than likely

How many people are going?

Really excited for this guys; even tho I literally just have a stock Miata. I'll enjoy seeing what you guys have. Thanks for organizing!

Finally a meet that lines up with my schedule. I'm ready m8s.

What are you gonna be driving M8?

Bikes are welcome as well

Not him, and probably won't be able to go until next month
I'll probably be driving this

where the turns at? this doesn't look nearly as good as the meet on the 24th

Fuck yeah my G37 will be done by then. I'll be at either one or both

Am him, volvo 242 flathood. Ill try to keep up lol.

>mfw I drive a blue Volvo 242 also

Shit, now I really have to come up to Rainier from Portland.

fuck man we have the same car besides the wheels. 1980?

Yep. 1980. Did you just buy yours? I saw one with those same rims on CL a while back, along with mine, but mine was an hour closer to me so that's what I ended up buying, kek.

>tfw I was on my way to register it at the DMV when the oil pressure failure light came on 10 blocks from home
There's a dozen little fixes I need to do on this thing, but it should be ready to go by June.

get a discord you weird phoneposting heebs

yea, basically the same story with me, just got it, fixing little things like the rubber connector in the gas tank. Not my first 240 though so it's not too bad.

It's split between stancefags who have meets like the Red Door Meet every Sunday in Portland, and ancientfags who have classics. There are a few fun hillclimbs every year. Part of the problem is that every good road in the state is clogged with tourists, until you get way out east.

This is my first 240, so I'm learning as I go. Most of my problems are minor, besides the oil leak. Timing belts squeak a bit, ventilation system squeaks too, no handbrake cable, rear demister doesn't work well, one of the reverse taillights is out... That's actually all there is, so maybe half a dozen instead of a dozen things to fix. Got a tachometer in the mail because I like to see what my engine is doing.

I'm astounded that two Veeky Forumstists bought the same year, same color, same model of car at the same time and then ended up in the same thread, though. What are the odds?

For real man, now you have to come to the meet. Its destiny.

This, kik is for disgusting normies

Destiny indeed. I'll do what I must to be there.

>have an Veeky Forums meet in north WA
>everyone there is from portland
>there will never be a meet in OR

>Mt. Rainier
>North WA

I only post use my phone for this shit. Not everyone sits behind a computer all day

>As of right now it is bring your own food
In the past, "Mr Snacks" (whoever he is) brought various "unique" snacks and drinks. However, he liked organic or healthy snacks mostly. Never thought I'd see a GREEN labeled "eco" coca-cola with fair trade sugar?

>Also no one fucking bring brownies
On a previous meet, the aforementioned Mr Snacks brought another unique thing appropriate for an Veeky Forums theme. They were "racing brownies" endorsed by that famous female race car driver. Not just endorsed of course, they were organic and even featured pictures of the race car so they were on topic food items. But organic anything is unpopular and those were not a hit with the crowd who were more interested in the MR2.

Isn't all that stuff super expensive?

Bamp

That sounds p dope tho

I'm finishing restoring a monster Jeep my grandfather built, but my budget is slowing it down.
>mfw it won't be ready

I told him to choose the car or me and he chose the car so I killed him. He won't be making it to the meet. Goodbye TercelDriftKing.

show a pic of it

For those new to the thread, some past meet threads are at:

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15463224/
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15897356/
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15682555/

It's worth going over the unused ideas in them for future Meets in July and August because those are the two least rainy months in Washington. Strategically, drives on roads that are only open June through October might be considered first keeping in mind that the rainy season is October onwards.

Bump

>JUNE 10TH MEET
Since it starts at 11AM, what about some of us getting there earlier, meeting up, and looking around the town?

Isn't that giant bridge over the wash in the Index area?

>organic hipster brownies

I thought they were referencing the cum brownies that /k/ tripfags ate

Those are always assumed to be mentioned.

Also
>post what you'll be driving/riding
I'm interested to see what kind of menagerie we're going to end up with
Also if you have walkie talkies sound off here too so we can get an idea of who will have comms

Bored or something?

What time were you planning on arriving?

We have a little bit of everything

No radio, but I'll be there

Nice plate shoppe

Hand painted, for that extra hipster quality

10000 hours in paint

>>post what you'll be driving/riding
This , if it's working and I can get the 24th off. No idea if I'll have a walkie-talkie or not.

shiiet now im gonna have to finish my 190E on time so I can drool over this in person

I'll hopefully be able to make it out to both but I may have to work one of those weekends. Working on buying an '91 Miata right now and if that works out I'll bring it but if not I'm stuck with the tank.

I don't know how much earlier I'll show up, but I know I won't be late. Extra Early Arrival time depends on how many other things there are to look at. Hmmm, I wonder what features and things are in Index. Will have to google a little.

Index General Store (description & review):
yelp.com/biz/index-general-store-index

I'm sort of amazed that some of the people who use the Index Outdoor Activities Center for the guided raft, canoe, kayak tours (4 to 6 miles long) see seals. I thought seals are only by the ocean instead of coming inland on rivers.

Aww yeah, 190E master-race. Is yours a manual? It took me months to find one with a manual.

Nice fucking hood you clown LMFAO. makes you look like a total tool.

considering heading up too, depends if the cars reliable enough for that by then.

Hopefully I can make it to at least one

I might come to the second meet

The first one is way too far away for me

Only get about 20 mpg and I can't afford the gas to get there and drive the full loop

Only got $200 for the next month or so

If I do show
Which I might to the second depending on how things look monetarily

I'll come in my beat up old pickup

Not strictly related, but I'm taking a trip next week through Washington. We're arriving in Port Angeles by ferry then driving to Seattle and then Portland, probably going to Olympic National Park and Mt St Helens. Could any of you Washington bros recommend some nice scenic twisties and detours I could take along the way?

Autotragic, wanted a comfy dd since the project is manual. I've heard non-cosworth manuals were rare and not the same quality as the getrag anyways, idk if that's true though.

fucking paid wifi, yes very.

what going on with the paint? or is it just dirt?

>comfy
those seats bring back childhood memories of riding in a car with jelly suspension

on the peninsula, just stay off freeways and main highways and its all pretty scenic. helens is a nice run in itself, take the old highways to go through the little towns that used to be and so on

I can confirm the rarity, but the one I used to have didn't have any problems, so I can't say either way regarding the durability.

I took it to one of those self-car-washes before taking this picture, so that's either hard water marks or ""wax"" residue. The paint's pretty wonky though regardless, the roof looks like it was rolled on by previous owner. Lots of work to be done.

>roll on
i saw a fantastic rollon job someone did on a classic mopar a while back, i was tempted to try it till i heard how much work it takes to get it to gloss up properly.
you gonna repaint it some time?

Glad I didn't ask for your opinion then.

>Isn't all that stuff super expensive?
Hi, hi, I'm "Mr Snacks". Glad to see there is a thread for Meets again.

They're not expensive. It's just an occasional indulgence. I think of Meets as experiencing new things, so I picked up snacks with that in mind since I get to try some new things too to see if I like them or not. I'll stop with trying to bring unique or interesting snacks now because people wouldn't eat them! The common complaint was all organic, all natural, no preservatives, or "good for you" type labels meant the food is going to be less delicious than foods full of preservatives and flavor-enhancing ingredients. Okay, I admit after trying those "racing car" brownies, that was a miss.

The most popular snacks people have eaten at the Meets aren't the unique ones. It's the old tried and true gas station or convenience store foods. So I guess I will defer to those.

>Could any of you Washington bros recommend some nice scenic twisties and detours I could take along the way?

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15682555/#q15714821

Don't forget that Boeing has tours of their jet airplane assembly factory in Everett. Check ahead of time for reservation tickets on those tours. There are unique things like that you'll not find elsewhere in the USA. Or even more ordinary things like the USA's biggest library that is built completely over a river. That is the KCLS library in Renton (kcls.org).

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15897356/#q15948977 for more links to places and attractions.

hey, thanks for bringing all the snacks to the meets, not sure if we collectively said thanks or not before.
but dont worry about shelling out a bunch to feed us either. the most useful thing may just be a cooler of ice for everyone to toss drinks and junk in at the start since not everyone has cargo space in their cars or coolers

>Tfw Mr snacks replies to you

Did people really complain about free food? That's pretty rude

Not really complain. But it's difficult to eat organic brownies.

Anyone interested in a normie meet? There's one going on at Albertsons/Dairy Queen in Marysville tonight

>associating with normies

the snacks were much appreciated, i just think people are kinda wary of eating things other people bring. your stuff was all individually packaged though, so it's less of an issue.

despite being fake, (or so i've heard) people got really shook up over the /k/ brownie incident lol

we also didnt stop for very long at the last meet (outside of the hike) so i personally only had time for a cookie or two.

>Wally's drive in:
>282 WA-410, Buckley, WA 98321

Bump
Guess it's time to accumulate sick days at work. I only work weekends. What do you bros recommend should I buy a baiku and practice before the meet or just save up and buy an rsx type c or some other meme car. Also can we have a night meetup sometime I'd love to go hoon at night in my autotragic.

bike

For the June 10th Meet, I recommend the direction we choose for the loop have the cliff on our right side. That gives us the best chance of falling off the cliff for maximum excitement!. Just Kidding....

Anyways, with a loop path, I'm wondering which direction of travel has the most scenic views for the driver on the whole loop path.

Well, I'm pretty sure what's on my roof is house paint, so it's coming off eventually. I'm mainly focusing on mechanical issues at this point, the many cosmetic issues are secondary.

>drive both directions
>profit

For the June 24th Meet, looking at the terrain contour map for the loop route, it seems that most of the higher elevations on the loop have the cliff side on either the east or northeast side. So that means the chance of having scenic views down a cliff edge (not blocked by trees) is more likely at those positions on the loop route.

The south and west sides are mostly the lower elevations which probably have views full of trees. So it doesn't matter as much in those spots if the driver's side window has a cliff or not to look out over the landscape.

>or choose better the first time
>do it once instead of twice
>time and fuel savings
>profit

In the past, Paradise parking lot fills up early from people who probably arrive there by 9AM. A late start can mean parking anywhere is full except for that one rest stop on the northern part of the loop.

This. Our meet will be happening right after tourist season really kicks in, so unless we're all willing to get up at 5 AM (2 AM for this Portlander) then finding space along the loop will be an issue. At least if it's anything like our tourist hotspots in summer.

Lot of new faces planning on showing up to these meets.
Sounds like it's going to be a good time

I agree. What's the point of driving if you change of surviving is above 50%
I like to live on the edge

We arnt really going to be full blown tourist
We are going for the drive and maybe some scenic photos
Maybe rage at normies not know how to drive twisties

>Maybe rage at normies not know how to drive twisties

>tfw never driven on a real twisty before
Enlighten me, wise master.

Well I was there. Which normie were you?