/scg/edg/ Star Citizen Elite:Dangerous General #145: Soon™ Edition

Updates about updates coming Soon™

Elite: Dangerous information:
pastebin.com/AEU0TuVt
Be aware, Thargroids are currently grabbing ships out of witchspace with unknown intentions. it is advised you shoot the fuck out of them whenever possible.
>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos
Discord
discord.gg/CJFhUkp
>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA
>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w
Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Other urls found in this thread:

robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14979-Chairmans-Response-To-The-Escapist
youtube.com/watch?v=dHQphoWD6dk
youtu.be/lptcmV6k_u4#t=27m24s
youtube.com/watch?v=7KWkao73HuU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Next free fly when?

>waiting for 2.3 in ED
>waiting for SC to be anywhere near palatable or at least have muh bigship ready to go
>waiting for the next concept sale/ship design
>waiting for development updates
>waiting for incremental patches
>waiting for news
>waiting for something different to play to rid myself of all this for now
>waiting for something that'll never arrive

this genre is cursed

In dreams.

Look out everyone, Derek is going to FIND OUT WHY the Escapist article was pulled down.

lul

Those wings need to stay folded unless they're in atmosphere.

I thought this was a picture of corn.

Just posting some summary of a german article from month ago, if I remember right

But how would they slice the space aether?
also serve as weapon pylons

Might as well be.

2.6.3 when?

>Guys we're super bogged down and have a whole lot of stuff to do because you gave us so much money and so many objectives and if i could go back and clarify all of this i would but basically there's still nothing concrete for 3.0 timing and we've so much more work to put into SQ42 to make it appropriately high-fidelity and up to the standards we've made for yourselves but enjoy the game as you can and tune in soon for the next round of budget-suckling production-insight videos that we also hold ourselves to account for because we want to be so unprecedented in our transparency!

how you say afloat in the water without propulsion, cap'n?

Braben needs to be sacked from the company. I have a pretty good inclination hes the reason forumdads have so much power.

Braben is a dreamer. He has great intentions for the game but has no idea how to bring them to fruition since he's stuck in 1984, you can see this by looking at his interviews where he discusses what he wants Elite to become. It falls in line with what a lot of people want.

You should be upset with Sandro, who is the idiot in charge of the whole game's design and introduces total garbage like Powerplay and Engineers because he actually thinks this is what makes a video game good: terrible, gamey as fuck grinding that makes no sense within the context of the game's world. As in, why the fuck do we need to collect an arbitrary amount of arsenic for upgrades, why is it not for sale anywhere? How about delivering literal tens of tons of tea to some faggot just for him to talk to you? Sandro is the retard that okay'd all these ideas.

Gravity stop applying once your reach orbital altitude, silly.

Sandro is the idiot who doesn't know how to integrate MMO-esque mechanics without making as grindy as actual MMOs.

I don't want to be "that dad" but Elite:Dangerous is exactly what every Elite game have been : procedurally generated grind box.
You should be happy it has any gamey feature.
that's why I wouldn't touch the game unless they pay me to play it, it fail as a game

Lets not forget Sarah, the AI programmer who has lied her ass off about ai cheating and just generally doesn't know what she's doing.

There's also Mark Allen who is the main reason none of the ship specs make any sense in comparison and can not reasonably explain how his mass to jump range equation works because he literally doesn't know.

>the game should be exactly like it was in the original game because this is what Elite is

No one plays the original Elite because it has aged like a sundae dropped on a summer sidewalk. The only exception is Oolite, and that's because it is modded to hell and back and is superior to the original in every way, and ironically has tons of more content than E:D, just with terrible graphics.

Asking the game to be held back just because the 1984 game was a simple game is ridiculous, and I'm not sure why you are advocating for it.

Right after 2.6.2 1/2.

I just hope when this is all done someone buys the lumberyard engine and makes a real game with it. With 30KM long Battleships.

>not knowing what lumberyard is

i should clarify: it's free apart from Amazon Web Services stuff one might opt to use with it

That's the only sign of hope. Even if CIG fails to complete it, there's a dozen publishers that would buy them out and finish the game.

>30KM

We need to go bigger

So do E:D ships have inertia dampeners or is that what the pilot suits are for?
Because I feel like with some of the turns I pull regularly in combat my insides would be turning to jello.

What happened to these poor refugees, /pol/? Who damaged their ships?

It's a combination of the suit and centuries of gene and medical modifications. You have to pull over 20gs before your pilot will start blacking out. Elite pilots are practically superhuman compared to present day people.

>You have to pull over 20gs before your pilot will start blacking out
Holy shit.

Me. Gotta get those sweet sweet chemical manipulators.

Mmhmm mmhmm, yessir. Federation is undergoing a refugee crisis as is. What's a few missing going to count for?

Dunno...

>
wasn't there something about IFCS landing modes getting changed so that AI can land in one of the recent videos? LA studio update from EKD? Sounds familiar, maybe it's related to that.

>when your courier would subject the pilot to ~67gs accelerating to its top speed in a kilometer

You are an imperial pilot, imperial pilot would rather turn into jello than fail the Empress!

Does bounty hunting count towards gaining faction rep?

Like if i bounty hunt in a fed system will that count toward fed rank?

only minor factions as far as i'm aware. missions are the way to actually progress in faction navy rank on either side.

I think the argument is that some people might actually want the old grindy elite not just because of nostalgia but because its in a really weird niche that is/was popular. Its more "gamey" than an actual flight simulator but weirdly focused on credibly long, drawn out, but totally uncomplicated tasks. Its not an excuse but rather an explanation in that there is potentially an audience for this trite.

>
*tripe?

they were grindy but seriously nothing like engineers existed in those games, ever

usually the things in them made some in-game / lore sense

How could they fuck up this badly?

Good to know SC has its own Courier cockpit.

that's just where you keep your slave belly dancers

And your Doritos.

robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14979-Chairmans-Response-To-The-Escapist

it's gone lol

some animation video and other stuff youtube.com/watch?v=dHQphoWD6dk

I'm not advocating for it, I'm just saying that E:D is perfectly in the spirit. After looking at Oolite expansions packs I still wouldn't play ED with those but I do understand your point.
Myself I'm looking for game that don't rely entirely on procedural generation for everything

>He want to take a maglev train to go to the turrets.
Let's be realist here, the Bengal will be big enough for orgs and we are still worried about how many cap ship you'll see at once.

Anytime I see a picture of a ship with the pilot visible I reminded that E:D ships are only ever particularly small in comparison to each other or if its a fighter.

>waiting for erectile dysfunction 2.3
>waiting for SC 3.0
>waiting for starsector 0.8

kill me

>trolling some dude by buzzing him in my racing courier
>try to boost and invest by pitching downward
>entire screen goes red
>finally recover after a minute
>no idea where I am, nobody around
>message the guy I was fucking with hoping he's not too pissed to answer
>apparently I just peaced the fuck out and tumbled away on a magical journey

>Faulcon DeLacy
Generally shaped like arrows, no defined wings.
>Zorgon Peterson
Also shaped like arrows but have wings and fins.
>Core Dynamics
Angular and Industrial, love fins.
>Lakon Spaceways
Warehouses with engines bolted on, the Diamondbacks are the only exception
>Saud Kruger
White and curved, HUEG windows.
>Gutamaya
White, blue lights, curves, and intricate wing plating.

Why can't the Type-7 land on medium pads? Is it only it's height, because it's smaller than the python in width and length.

Probably height, its pretty thick.

If that's true it is only 2m too tall at most considering that the FAS is medium.

Some Medium bays have really big lights on the roof so those 2 extra meters may have caused clipping with them.

It's literally half a meter too tall.

Federal Corvette landing on medium pads when?

SPACE LEGS WHEN?

>Federal Corvette landing on medium pads when?
Its like twice the length of the pad dude. The FDL barely fits.

check the picture one more time

i am being facetious user

>hurr durr all the current game sucks just get me some indieshit kickstarter for a new one itll be good this time I promise

shut the fuck up

type 9 is the most useless high tier ship in the game

There's always EVE, user

I would personally love to see Erectile Dysfunction bought out by CCP games, because at least they understand how to make a fucking MMO.

This.

>CCP buys frontier
>braben is locked into a room with a comfy desk, hidden microphones record his vision for the game as he britishly mutters to himself, only let out to go home or to press conferences
>sound and visual FX teams get double pay and a daily blowjob to stimulate more awesome effects
>Sandro and Sarah retrained as codemonkeys with no executive power whatsoever
>ED turned into 1st person EVE-lite for people who want a more action-esque EVE but without all the autism

>Sandro and Sarah banished forever to Sibera with only dialup so they can't hurt anyone ever again.

ftfy.

youtu.be/lptcmV6k_u4#t=27m24s

Listen to what TB says at 27:24 about exploration and mining. It's so perfect.

>If you can't make an exploration system and mining system that is interesting to the player on it's own merits and you're essentially forcing the player to do tedious tasks in order to gain extra resources, then you need to go back to the drawing board and look at that system and see how you can improve it.

I liked the Mass Effect 2 scanning, it was interesting and kind of fun. I don't know why, and it probably sounds quite sad.

I laughed too hard at edi's response to probing Uranus.

wew

His point was a dig on MEA being a string of cutscenes where ME2 had an actual game mechanic to the scanning instead of gating all the systems with unskippable loading screens so you can't clean them out quickly.

I loved reading the planet descriptions and the music while doing that, it was super comfy

I fucking hate the SC reddit page, like every fucking post is hugbox apologism making excuses and justifying literally anything CIG does or does not do.

youtube.com/watch?v=7KWkao73HuU

U SAY SUMFING BAD ABOUT GRORIOUS CLIS LOBERTS? HI DEREK

wong general fag, mass effect is that way

Reddit is just a SJW cuck palace so I'm not sure what else to expect. I get they don't care that it's taking forever, and I personally feel the development time isn't unwarranted considering everything they're doing, but they are handling it poorly, and it's fair to feel some frustration, especially considering the lack of a clear expanding of why it's taking so long and a realistic timeline of when serious progress will be made. CIG is far from perfect. They're in uncharted water because a game of this scale has never been funded this way, but they need to be called out in their bullshit and alleviate the frustration.

>but they are handling it poorly
Nah. They're doing great. Just pretending that everything is fine.

>hey you want Star Marine?
>too bad, here's grabby hands
>1 year later
>we scrapped grabby hands
>you want Star Marine?
>ok here is Star Marine
>you want patch?
>ok hang on
>you want 3.0?
>ok but we're busy making NBA 2946 to play while you're taking a break from doing missions
>you don't like basketball huh?

>mfw the crew lost my fighter again and now I have to shoot down an enemy gu-97 myself with the killvette

STAY STILL YOU LITTLE SHIT

>we're busy making NBA 2946 to play while you're taking a break from doing missions
>mfw the CIG fan club sees this and demands not only to be able to play basketball on their spaceship but to be able to set up sports games on planets
Honestly though that pissed me off. Why not show how they're going to make all the professions people have begged for not boring, grindy, point and click, MMO shit gameplay instead?

Don't be surprised if you read a thread on RSI asking for in-game esports, i.e. air hockey and basketball.

Star citizen is going to be a lesson in why publisher deadlines arent actually the devil.

Odds are most will be braindead and unnecessary.
I wish cig would curb expectations but they seem content in selling people their own imaginations.

>goons on suicide watch

>goons emerging from hibernation now that their sole MSM talking point was BTFO

the mad is physically palpable

>ok but we're busy making NBA 2946
one guy made it in an hour for fun on livestream. you goons are in full denail mode and I am loving every laugh.
>mfw the escapist just quietly removed their joke of an article about how CIG will collapse any day now
Smarties on suicide watch

Regarding >Expecting CIG to be open about development and acknowledge the failure to hit an unrealistic deadline they put forward without so much as a comment make me a goon.
>Being annoyed that three months after a missed date not a word has been said about it makes me a goon.
I am not shouting "SC never" faggot, I am saying that their fucking information blackout for the last six months after they claimed both SQ42 and 3.0 were nearly ready to shown leads me to one of three conclusions.

1) Neither of those things were anywhere near completion in September and the entire Citcon narrative was a knowingly crafted deception to boost sales and play for time. This has disturbing implication.

2) Those things are far closer to being ready for show and are intentionally being held back for a date sensitive hype release/marketing bullshit reasons rather than being passed on to the backer as they enter a playable state. This, if true, is total bullshit given that the backers have already payed for the game and have specifically bought in for early access to an alpha. Shit like this is why I hate Sandi more with every passing week, this is her work. Chris and Erin and Brian and Sean and Tony do not think this way. Sandi and maybe Ben think this way. Tease everything for as long as possible to generate and support sales. If this is overplayed it will lead to class action lawsuits, mass refunds/chargebacks and the general financial collapse of the project. Anyone who wanted right now could sue CIG for failure to deliver a promised product in a reasonable timeframe and win. The kickstarter/pledge page said 2014.

3) CIG thought they were close to a major release but have hit some sort of major snag and have said NOTHING about it for at least three months. The projection they shared passed three months ago and total radio silence. Not even an acknowledgement of the passed date. This is Unacceptable, we gave Chris money on the promise of open dev.

>waiting for starsector 0.8

Nigga the update is dropping within the next week or so.

I've been with the game for nearly five years now so I'm used to the wait.

>you goons
>>goons emerging
>>goons on suicide watch

Should I call you a samefag 3 times?

Are people finally getting frustrated with SC?

No

Can I fly my Carrack yet?

People have been frustrated for a long time, don't let the idiot who cries about "muh goons" to the point where he doesn't even know what a goon is anymore let you think otherwise.
Apparently telling difference between a goon and someone who is frustrated but wants the game to succeed is too hard for him.

shall we each call you a goon three times?

>Getting mad over a shitty tin can

>browsing E:D Forums because my life sucks
>"Why does normal delivery pay more than smuggling?"
>"Because in smuggling, the one bringing in the goods doesn't get rich. It's the one that sells them to the user, that make the dough. Look at how the drug world works. Do you think the guys pulling bales through tunnels are rolling in it?"

Why are dads willing to completely kill gameplay/mechanics for the sake of muh real-world logic? How can they not understand that they are playing a video game?

It's funny how you spammed goon 3 times when all we were talking about is how bad mass effect is, and how bad RSI is.

Almost as if you're a defensive cultist.

>rather than being passed on to the backer as they enter a playable state
This shouldn't even be that hard. Even if they did want to do a traditional launch of Sq42, which I entirely support because I want them to make money, they should have done an official teaser with a nailed down date and pre-order horseshit to get the hype rolling, and cut alpha access to new backers and drop a demo of one or two missions for current backers while they polish the final version. Instead they said is almost ready and then nothing. I wouldn't even be mad if they said, "It's close to being ready, the engine is stable and all the technology works, we just need to flush out missions and polish, which we're going to do over the next nine months and do a traditional launch in September" in regards to Sq42, and, "We thought we were almost ready with 3.0, but the netcode is giving us more issues than we anticipated, and it'll take some time before they're resolved." The total lack of an explanation is what irritates me. Even traditionally developed games are more transparent about delays.

Fuck your stupid ship development. Get a functional Privateer game set up first, they literally have everything they need to get that going right now.

Except irl distribution is indeed more dangerous and generally more profitable than transportation but that doesn't apply at all to fucking space travel. In this case the transportation part involves sneaking illegal goods through high security systems, secure stations with turrets that can disintegrate you in seconds if you're found out, all while trying to not fry yourself alive while you silent run to avoid detection.
God Dads are fucking retarded.