300-400hp hot hatches

>300-400hp hot hatches

doesn't that kind of defeat the point?

Whats the point of getting a 350hp Golf when you could have a mustang or a challenger at that power range?

To have a good car.

Buys RS focus.
Paid more then 5.0 mustang
Okay dude.

>mustang or a challenger

Some people like to make turns without running over every one on the sidewalk.

>Whats the point of getting a 350hp Golf when you could have a mustang or a challenger at that power range?
It's lighter

People have to put things in their cars sometimes.
And 300+hp Golfs are ridiculously fun to drive.

The allure of high horsepower cars has been completely lost on me. We live in a time where 300 hp is now considered "slow". Mustang GTs come STOCK with 435hp. And it keeps going up every year. So what, in 2025 is a Mustang GT going to have 500hp stock? Where exactly does it in? I almost want to blame Dodge for starting a horsepower war. What's the point in modding a car anymore? We used to mod to get performance gains, but when you have cars like the Hellcat that put out 707hp, what's the point?

>doesn't that kind of defeat the point?
No.
>Whats the point of getting a 350hp Golf when you could have a mustang or a challenger at that power range?
The golf has a lower weight and therefore a better acceleration, especialy from 100-200km/h where it is most important.

Light car big engine vs heavy car same size engine in price point

Because decent cars that aren't necessarily sold with high power can be made great cars with a few simple mods

easier for your retarded ass to spin out then!

>Fwd
>Turns

I'd rather have a golf than some fat landwhale mustang.

It's only slow to people who buy high horsepower cars. It's like luxury buyers. They just care about the name, it enhances their status. Dudebros modding 5.0's for more power are basically the same. Horsepower=status to these people.

Consider the v6 culture. Most v8fags will laugh at you for buying a 3.7 mustang, but that's only because they assign arbitrary points to enhance their status.

Because a 400hp FWD shitbox is hilarious.

>The golf has a lower weight and therefore a better acceleration,
Not from a dig, since it's FWD. Sure, it's good for 100-200kph stints, I'll give you that

We noticed, Ahmed.

I don't think overall weight itself has much to do with spinning out, more of a weight distribution and suspension setup thing.

How did Dodge start a Horsepower war?
>1991-1994 Corvette ZR1
385-415hp naturally aspirated
>LS1s in 1996-2004 Camaros, Firebirds and Corvettes
340-350hp
>2003-04 Cobra mustang
390hp supercharged forged engine

Dodge had nothing until the 5.7 hemi in 2003, which was in trucks and SUVs only and 370hp. 300hp today feels slow because they're V6's. They have no torque. A 250hp 4.6 SOHC has more torque and that's why it still feels good.

>So what, in 2025 is a Mustang GT going to have 500hp stock?
Probably.

> I almost want to blame Dodge for starting a horsepower war.
Ford restarted it with the Termi and GT500.

>We used to mod to get performance gains, but when you have cars like the Hellcat that put out 707hp, what's the point?
Hellcat is pigfat, and has plenty left on the table. For example, you could put that Hellcat into a smaller car, and get more out of it. To improve the Hellcat, you could do:
>Aluminium block
>426 stroker kit
>Procharger/ turbo to replace the twin screw

It's not that high horsepower isn't interesting anymore, it's just that the bar has been raised massively. You can get 2000hp crate motors now. Theré's Mustang turbo kits out there that'll do 1000hp. Hell, a factory 4.8/5.3 ''LS'' bottom end will go past 1000hp without ventilating the crankcase with a pair of rods.

We live in a golden age - and it's about to get ever better once all there normies get into autonomous shareboxes, leaving the roads for the people who enjoy them.

@17224625
>always comes running within seconds of a (you)

P A T H E T I C

Highway pulls are much more comman and if you live in germany, you do highwaypulls up to verry high speeds.
And you don´t need much grip to get 400hp to the ground at 200km/h...

>300-400 HP
>3000 burgerweights
sounds about right

Smaller, lighter, better looking, and actually has storage space.

>Highway pulls are much more comman
True, if you're particularly gay.

>better looking
Are you saying that one of those hopped-up cuckboxes looks better than a pony car? Because they don't.

btfo!!

They are more common because we have radars everywhere in the city and you can drive as fast as you want on the highway...

>has storage space.
fucking americans and their storage space. why the fuck would young people need that?

That's exactly what I'm saying you bbw chaser.

Not a burger, but FWD gives you much more space in the cabin wich allows you to build the car smaller without loosing space.
-t transported a motorcyclcle in a Peugeot 107

You have radar detectors and eyes for that.

refer to

Holy fuck your dim

Technology advances get over it

Because I'm 20 years old, and have to move my shit around constantly.

You mean a gay one

They hide the radartraps in cars, you can´t see them early enough, also there are different kinds of speedtraps radardetectors can´t detect.

Mustangs or Challengers will be pigfat, fuel thirsty and impractical with their tiny bootlids, defeating the purpose of a hot hatch, which is meant to be light and sporty without losing economical or practical value.

Except the police have radar detector detectors, and the fine for using a radar detector is higher than a dozen speeding tickets, plus they'll confiscate the detector, adding another dozen or two dozen speeding tickets to your losses. Speeding tickets are simply the more economical option here, and frankly not that expensive. Well under fiddy bucks unless you speed like a retard.

Where do you live that radar detectors are illegal?
You're so cucked.

Ironically it's the Americans who all hate hatchbacks and drive coupes and sedans with mail slot trunks instead.

kek

>25 year import ban
you're the one that's cucked

So where do you live?

Europe. Thankfully far away from homosexual furries like you.

Enjoy your 1.3 diesel fiat that can't even go fast enough to justify needing a radar detector

Sedan here I'm laffin

As retarded as you appear, no surprises there furfag.
Go jump and masturbate in your fursuit.

>@
ew

>better looking
Are you trying to look like a teenage girl?

Sorry to break it to ya mate but fwd cars generally turn better than rwd cars

You do realize heavier cars are more stable at higher speeds? Right? Oh no because you're a dumb fuck fat fuck who needs at the weight reduction he can get

any idea where this was filmed at?

No not the mustang or challenger.

Thanks for the cracking advice mate. My next car's going to be a bus.

Where do you live where the cops are so far behind the times they still use radar? It's been phased out for over a decade in the first world.

For fun user.
I'll bag on the RS like a motherfucker, but i'll never say that it's not a fun car.

@17225875
>Mrcummy as user still fishing for (you)s hours later

Pathetic

About 400-500 lbs. That's the difference.

Dafuhq are you talking about?

i would also or a Golf Type R

bullshit

>cuckboxes
jesus

saves

>fwd
>turning

Lol k mustangs and camaro are fine at turns as long as idiots don't turn off traction control