[D a i l y - B i k e - T h r e a d] - /dbt/

[D a i l y - B i k e - T h r e a d] - /dbt/

SAM did not happen yet, but east coast is worst coast so who even cares?

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSek8S2Lh2X1APHW63s51djyItfBVouz2nM1J_aeV5f44CnRkg/viewform?usp=sf_link#responses

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures
>Motorcycle Pics & Boring Webbums
>Making fun of cruisers, yellow bmws, and r3's edition

/dbt/ map:
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

Noob? Git gud:
→ # →

Boring webms, now with sound!
#

Old thred:

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/sport/motorsport/39954489
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>SAM did not happen yet, but east coast is worst coast so who even cares?
correct

NICKY HAYDEN IS DEAD

>not providing a single damn source
just kys

Nah m8 SAM happened already.

>not just sharing 1 tent
fucking heteros

post bikes

Why isn't the CB400SF sold in the US?

is honda afraid of harleys beating it in stoplight races?

That's what he gets for riding a bicycle like a fag

ffs you retard
bbc.com/sport/motorsport/39954489

he's not dead yet tho

I saw that you dumb nigger

I was wanting a source for the claims that he was dead.

also who else /new helmet/
agv k5 roadracer, very comfy. was a pain to stick a gopro mount on the chin though

are you riding today /dbt/? going to collect my gf from the train station later, she gets my old helmet

went to wales the other day, found this beautiful vfr400 in perfect condition, very jealous.

I don't like that Yamaha's wheels, are they stock?

LMAO!
Should have just bought a GS500

I took my muffler off for shits and giggles. There was no gasket, just some pink goo

However, when I put it back on you can feel a small leak (it might have been there before)

Should I get the OEM gasket for $10 or some RTV for $5?

Assume so, though i'm not sure

get the oem gasket
so if my motorcycle weighs 450 pounds, and my front and rear tire are each rated for 520 pounds it will be fine because technically their load limit combined is 1,040 pounds?

figure i should repost here so he sees it
>>how do I pawn this shit off on craigslist
>dont
>replace the bar($70), shift lever ($30), kick stand ($20-$40 depending on what you find on ebay), and cluctch (i assume you mean clutch cover, if so $85-$110 +$10 for a gasket, if you mean the clutch lever, then $20 for a clutch/brake lever set), then get it pained (i bet you could find a shop to do it for $200-$300)
>then you've restored his bike to looking brand new for $340-$530
>that's a lot better than selling it for $2,500-$3,000 then filling in the remaining $2,000-$2,500 dollars to replace it yourself. its all pretty easy work except the painting too, all you need is a socket set and some allen keys, which you probably already have
>>rip the bent bar off
>>new one on
minutes if you're a slow worker or an idiot
>>rip off the plastics (10-20 minutes)
>> rip off the kick stand and prop it up with a notched 2x4 (5 minutes)
>>rip off the foot peg and shift lever, then install the new shift lever, the old foot peg, and the new kick stand (15 minutes)
>>drain the oil in to a turkey pan
>>take the clutch cover off
>>put on the new one and a new gasket (10-15 minutes
>>put the oil back in
>>since you already have the fairings off, throw them in your car
>>take them to an automotive paint shop
>>get them painted the same as they were
>>in a few weeks theyll call you to say its done
>>take them home
>>install them (20 minutes tops)
>>take it to your brother
>>show him his "new" bike

>ride out into the sandy desert biome
>set up enough tents so that nuts don`t touch butts
>spend all days shit posting on cell phones
Noice lads. Really good work.

Since I bust my helmet cam I have only one picture. I'll have to fix that.

Even when we hoteled it I couldn't post because my cell network was banned. Baird shitposted some though. He's the only one that had any service when we were out camping.

>tfw waiting at a shop to get new tires

why is that bike sleeping?

i bet it was tired

It's on a long adventure and got tired.
Bikes need sleep too.

Sometimes bike need naps too user

>Making fun of cruisers, yellow bmws, and r3's edition

Hahahhaha everyone point and laugh

>one front disc
Didn't know that was even a thing anymore.

>inb4 a hundred examples
I've never seen one on the road. Single discs for smaller bikes,

it's a yzf 125, another big heavy steel brake rotor would just be unnecessary extra weight.

Dual sports/sumos pretty much never got dual disks.

Under 500cc its pretty common to see singles.

>cycling in Italy
well, there's your problem

>recycling helmets
r u srs m80?

reported for being a normie

Just going to ride to work and back, maybe cruise around in town later tonight if i am not too tired

announcing reports is a bannable offense

It's a stock 2010 yzf 125.

Maybe if the weight was distributed evenly at all times. I've literally never looked at a tire's weight rating. It doesn't really matter.

Bikes gotta sleep too user

>recycling

Assuming his helmet was too old to use and not just uglier/heavier/less comfy than his new one

Everyone should have two serviceable helmets at any given point anyways.

why wouldnt he just slide the rear around the turn

Slep tight big bike

the 'old one' is less than a year old, but it was a £50 shox ebay helmet which never fit quite right anyway

>not backing it in and sliding around that corner like a mofo

are adventure bikes incapable of truly hektik dirt riding or are you just shit?

It all comes together and they rely on each other, but what is the most important?
Brake control?
Throttle control?
Lean angle?
Bike placement?
What am I missing?

>tfw leaving tomorrow for a 2500km ride
>500km of superslab, the rest glorious mountain roads

Excite!

Not being American magically improves riding ability by 200%++

wheel traction is the single most important factor when cornering

confession:

i want libtards to introduce tiered licensing in the sates so we can finally have premium sub-600cc streetbikes instead of having everything below that be a budget-grade two cyllinder or dirtbike

I'm mostly just shit

It was off camber more than the video shows, I'm not sure sliding it around would have changed the result.

Be careful, you give an inch they always take a mile

An inch is helmet laws.

A mile is tiered licensing. Give them a mile and they take a lightyear? Bitch please.

maybe someone here can give some advice?

> 2005 Kawasaki 636
> riding for about an hour and a half
> suddenly bike dies
> turn key to off then on lights and dash light up
> does not start
> wait about 10 mins it starts again
> ride for about another 2 miles and it happens again

got her home eventually but it keep dying on me she has about 11k on her any ideas on what it could be? was thinking it was some kind of overheating issue has fresh coolant and didn't seem to have any leaks.

How recently was the coolant changed? Usually the bike should tell you it's overheating.
Did it just suddenly turn off or choke to a stop? Do the electronics go black when it dies?

It could be a shit electrical connection or a faulty killswitch, key contact, or kickstand switch.
Also test the battery with a load tester.

Mess with the battery at all lately?

>put sdcard from chinkcam in phone to make dank webms
>no new videos
>put it back in cam
>"no data"
>check sdcard
>new folders on it, cam didn't recognize them so it never saved a record
REEEEE fucking sj4000, it's okay when it works but it has been so unreliable lately that I'm going to buy a better cam before my annual vacation

coolant was changed about a month ago i dropped it off at a shop to get new tires put on and just told them to change the coolant and oil while they had it.

nah haven't messed with the battery i will check the voltage though just in case

>making webms on your phone
you deserve to lose your footage desu

the battery is only for powering the starter, and will only be used while riding if the stator/RR is out

Check your battery cables

bike bogged a bit just before it shut off i could feel it buck then it died. lights and everything were still on would not turn over but after about 5 - 10 mins waiting it turned on again and rode fine for awhile before doing it again.

Pretty unlikely to be overheating then.

>be me 10 minutes ago
>guy sees me wrenching on my bike in the driveway
>asks me what the bike is
>"2006 klr650"
>"how much is it?"
>its in a little rough shape, but everything works mechanically except the back tire (what im working on. blue book is about 2300, how about 1600?"
>"one second, im gonna give you my name and phone number, im going to think about thism call me in a few days"
>tfw i might accidentally sell my shit bike for more than its worth to fund a new slightly less shit bike

>"how much is it?"
more likely you going to get your bike accidently stolen nigga. kek

>stealing a shitbike
nah, much easier to just go to an apartment complex at night and twist the ignition than to scope out some random KLR

what is the point of a grom, it serves no function

Any of you guys know how the fuck this comes off? There's two of them and neither are budging

More force
How are you trying to undo each ring?

To be a moped that isnt a moped.

We'll I'm just starting with the top one. I had to dremel down the end of a c-spanner to make it fit. I'm just trying to turning the top one counter clockwise and it's not budging

You need either a castle nut wrench or a hammer and punch.

>stealing a shitty klr650 that's been beaten to hell and back
>the person was white, too

>not having a bike
vs
>taking some assholes bike for free

Send nudes

but bikes look better dressed

>tfw fender plastidip went better than expected

Is that a carbed hornet?

>xr80
Slowfag pls

haven't even graduated hs yet. the bike was like $500 and the gear aaa 175 it's the best i could do for a starter bike. waiting till summer then resale then REAL bike :^>

this is true if the frame is a big aluminum box-section monstrosity that doesn't look much different than the fairings themselves. false in the case of a e s t h e t i c (but, yes, heavy and flex-prone) steel tube frames
>user's unified theory of motorcycle aesthetics

Yessir, 1999

thoughts on the xr in general? I'm planing on getting a xr125 for commuting and hooning, there are quite a few going right now for cheep.

>Selling an XR
y tho?

>finally get bike
>as I'm pulling away to return the trailer, the sky just opens up
>cell phone is screeching about flash flood warnings
>next morning
>time for first ride on sopping wet roads and morning rush
>chicken out and drive the car up to the DMV for the title transfer

I'm not gonna make it, am I?

Poor Nicky.

Hope this at least serves you faggots to not speed too much.

it's a great bike, i'm not selling it cause it's a shit bike don't get me wrong, but i'm still in school and don't make enough to have two bikes. (i mean i could technically but it'd take ages) the plan was to use this cheaper bike to learn how to shift and balance and basic riding etc, and once i get enough i can sell this and with the combined cash buy a sport bike by summer.

very good, very reliable. xr125 i have not experienced, but unlike the car stereotype honda makes their bikes very reliable with my experiences. great buy, would recommend. as u can see its a 2003 and the only real issue it's had was when i ate shit the other day and broke the front brake lever on the handle bar

also the smoke is most likely a head gasket issue, i plan to give the carburetor a good scrubbing sometime this month

best way is to just take the insurance off your car so you're forced to. It's not bad at all with some basic rain gear.

Proper lines and visualization are most important.

Why would you even want a low displacement supersport?
>protip: even large supersports handle very well and removing displacement does not help with that
>Americans still wouldn't buy them because most people won't fit on those bikes

>le slippery slope

>I can google "list of logical fallacies" therefore you are WRONG

But I can't give up my Lexus comfy-mobile (seriously, how the hell am I going to transport equipment on the back of a CM250). I'll pop her cherry a bit later once things dry out.

This.

Im two bikes and no car in Canada, Im basically riding a month before and after everyone else starts/stops. Snowmobile gear works wonders.

Busfag in the winter, but I live downtown so everything including work is within walking distance anyways. Absolutelly no regrets.

Also in Canada but I do 6 months on my bike and then 6 months on my car. I would just do it year round and bus when it's too icey but it takes over an hour to bus to work as opposed to 15 minutes by personal transportation.