What is, realistically, the most expensive car you can hope to own?

What is, realistically, the most expensive car you can hope to own?

Anything above $300,000 starts to become more worrisome than fun to own.

Id also avoid collector cars and cars who's build-count is below 100.

Id like it to be expensive enough to enjoy knowing i have something that's exclusive to a lower percentage of the population but at the same time not a one-of-a-kind unicorn rolling piece of fine china that i'm constantly worried about.

Realistically, by the time I make enough money to afford more than a fucking Twingo, anything with an internal combustion engine and no self-driving mode will be pretty much impossible to own anyway.

>Anything above $300,000 starts to become more worrisome than fun to own.
Like James May driving Chris Evans' Ferrari California

Jaguar F-Type

Or something obscene like a rat rod or top fuel dragster

>instead of buying a new super ar, have a project car
>Spend 10k or so yearly
>As time goes on you have a proper racecar

It's like you guys dislike money

are you talking in general, like 'don't buy ten-million dollar hypercars' or personally?

personally a couple years of saving could get me into a well appointed Euro sports sedan or Caddy, top of the range, but I'd rather be putting money towards paying off a house.

A bus ticket

a lexus rc f, maybe a lc if i ever get a better job
nsx is my carfu and i can only have it in my dreams

I would like to own a used Ferrari F430, especially if it's one of the handful that has the manual

I would also like to own an Aventador but that's a bit of a pipe dream

65k ish. That would be my limit on a car if I ended up being very successful. I'll probably never spend over 40, though.

GTR or NSX.

Most I would spend on a car I actually drive hard would be about 100k. Also somewhat realistic assuming I get a decent job and dont have any semen demons.

So i would probably get a high end corvette or low end 911.

this or a gtr

Except for the part where you have to buy a lift

Is there any reason to buy a supercar new?

besides buying a used super car that could've been fucked up be someone else in some way?
>buy used lambo with 40k miami vice miles on it
good luck.

also just a reminder that CAPTCHA IS A PIECE OF FUCKING DOGSHIT!!!

Sell it for a profit because dealerships can't exceed MSRP set by factory. It's why exotics have a buy back program.

sure, but they only cost a couple thousand
the expensive part is the garage, you need room for it inside

Depends on current work situation since I'm self employed. At the moment I don't have much so I could probably afford something slightly above a craigslist beater if I really needed it for a few thousand.

Never expect anything. Tomorrow isn't guaranteed.

Fiat Panda. I'm not even joking.

40k if I want to be financially smart, 50k if I want to be financially reasonable, 60k if I *really* want that car.

Audi R8

4wd?

Honestly? Probably a good mileage s2k or ND miata or brz with climate control
I love shitboxes too much, and it feels weird when I'm driving a higher end car.
Also I need a proper driving setup with a manual, no weird assists (hill assist, parking etc) and a real hand brake.
Even the newest gen civics and mazda 3s can't fill that so I guess 2010 is the limit for me in terms of car buying

A nice Masseratti or a GTR.

>Lamborghini
HA
>pic related
What now Italians

>If there are none, click skip.

If this was black and red you'd look like Satan on a road trip

Lexus ls 460.

I just bought mine.

putting limits on your dreams is autistic

you have literally no idea what your future holds. most people here can't even afford a 3k civic.

2wd, converted to run on methane. My dream car.

Id really like to own a W126 coupé someday

a whole bus.

Right now or kind of in the near future?
If the former
I can barely afford to keep my pickup running.
Currently less then $1 in my bank account and I don't get paid till tomorrow

So jack shit
Not even a hot wheels car

But if we are talking in the near future....
I could probably afford a moderately priced Craigslist shitbox ($5kish) within a year

lift is the cost of a shitbox, who gives a shit. Tools are going to cost you wayy more than the lift.

Honestly i'll probably never buy something that costs more than 75k, i expect to be making at least 100k/year at the peak of my career but i've no intention of financing a vehicle (Unless i can get lower finance percentage than i can make in investments, but i doubt that happening)

I think this is a pretty legit "Most expensive car a well off person can reasonably expect to own" car, GTR might be a bit much tho.

gtr is like 80k with 45kkms on it where i'm from, that's still way too much money for a normal person.

I feel like i can spend the amount of money i save in 6 months on a car, which at this point is about 5-8k

You can purchase a 2 post lift that can hold up to 10 tons for something around 3k.

Serious question: what makes an F-Type worth getting over a Mustang or Camaro? Big V8, heavy, comparable handling. Actually, the very expensive SVR got beat by the cheaper GT350R and much cheaper SS 1LE, so it likely handles the worst. The Jag might have a bit nicer interior and may sound marginally nicer, but is it really 20k more?

Realistically around 100k, 2.2 million if full retard

I drove an aventador before lambo said they built 1,000.
So do the math.

This. The new GTR prices are fucking retarded. Why get a GTR when you can get an Acura NSX/ Mercedes AMG GT S/ Used Lambo Gallardo or Hurcan/ etc... ?

Forgot to add:
I know the base model is around 100 grand, but who the fuck would buy the base model of any sports car?

Used SL600 or E55 AMG.

>The Jag might have a bit nicer interior and may sound marginally nicer, but is it really 20k more?

Spoken like a true Mustang and or Camaro owner. The "bit nicer interior" part was the dead giveaway, neither pony car can hold a candle to the Jag's interior or even the styling of the F Type. Laughable your faggot ass is even trying to validly put them in the same category.

GT3 more than likely.

50k is the tops I would spend

997 GT3 would be ideal
Already own a twin turbo v12 merc corvette and a supra

Idk who the fuck are buying these shitty SUVs like the escalade or pic related for 100k but damn

something around the 100k mark if life goes according to plan.
it probably won't though so ima just shoot for something at the 50k mark.

Probably a Lexus RC F is the most expensive car I can afford. I found a few used 2015 models in the low 40's. That is probably the most my budget will ever allow. Also insurance quote was $1600 a year for RC F vs $2500 a year for the GTR.

Its the badge, the styling, and the interior like said. Its easy to get better performance per dollar than the f type.

i already own a 1969 vw beetle and a 1984 vw campervan i slowly wear out and upgrade
i think it's realistic and expensive enough
and on the plus side, both are pussy magnets

Im driving that right now. Fucking piece of shit car.

Twesla

I should be able to afford $100k in 2 years
not sure how much the Twingo Tesla mod will cost
maybe $15k?

2003 Lotus Esprit V8, but honestly any Esprit. Favorite car since I was 3 years old.

that car looks like a Payless off-brand running shoe that the autistic kid who would naruto run to class would wear.

Well I'm nearly finished my maths degree. Starting pay in any job is usually $400,000 so let your imagination fly bitch ;)

>used 2015 models in the low 40's
where

A-at least it's cheap to run, r-right?

I'm currently trying to consider if it's worth putting aside all other luxuries for one of these

I'm applied math and focusing on mathematical biology. Are you going into stats or actuarial sciences with a doctorate?

Jaguar F Pace, only because my parents own a small house where my grandma lives, when she's gone I'm getting it, my parents agree

Yeah wasn't talking to you

so then you're making it all up then, ok.

Trabant.

>no AMG package
>booked rims, paint color and DRLs
>2 doors on a long ass car

i honestly can't imagine spending more than $15000 on any vehicle

i could pay cash for something more expensive tomorrow but that's just not how i like so spend my money

C7 'Vette

nigger have you lookd at the jag??

THICC

so, what the fuck are you doing in Veeky Forums besides shitposting about civics and throwing shitboxes into corners?

>>>/poor/

Man I'd love to drive a big American truck but I live in the Netherlands. Petrol and taxes would kill me

>comparable handling

Be quiet

>spending excessive amounts of money on depreciating consumables is what makes you rich

materialism fags are just the worst fags

>being able to spend excessive amounts of money on depreciating consumables is what makes you rich
ftfy

>spending money makes you rich
retard logic

jesus christ learn to read
>being able to
>able to
>having the ability to spend money makes you rich

I think, if everything goes well with my education and career shit, I could end up owning something for under 200k. Anything else becomes a huge liability and pain in the ass in my eyes, kind of like what said.

The retarded boyracer in me wants to get a Lamborghini Gellardo or something.

patrician choice my friend

I cant think of a car I want to own thats over 50k

Probably $50-60k

But I wouldn't because I don't care about production cars.

Assuming I was getting a "barely used" car between 1 and 2 years old, what is the coolest car 50k would get me?

Saw one of these on the road yesterday. Looked insane, man.

All of the japanese cars that are being built today already have superior versions from the 80s-90s that can be bought for less than half and upgraded at your leisure, European sport and luxury cars are mostly overrated and depreciate quickly anyway, you can get a 80k 7 series bmw for under 30k just by waiting 3 years. buying a new car is for people with more money than sense

I have a budget of $25k for a decent chevelle, that's the most I'd want to spend on something I can drive with only a slight bit of paranoia that something will happen to it.

Alfa Romeo Giulia :

what about a used gtr

bmw 7 series for 3k

Best not talk shit user. He might hear you

I live within means.

Ebay and local ads. This type of car takes a big price hit for having high mileage.

Poorfag but one day I might get my own M5.

If I could get an expensive car, I'd almost be more open to the idea of leasing it rather than outright buying. I'd be too worried about something going wrong with an expensive car. At least under a lease it's the dealerships problem. For now I'll be content with my Mustang gt.

I'm an Audifag now, so the next up will likely be a Porsche. A nice, understated, Mid 10's 991 ought to do nicely.