/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>cool enough edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Vids:
>Lukewarm vibrations
youtube.com/watch?v=tMtMdYIgsDY

>Integra Ad
youtube.com/watch?v=D-Wzk1VI01A

>Accord Grind
youtube.com/watch?v=h8Oci8upaTU
youtube.com/watch?v=fJdxtPnH5h8

>Thread Music
youtube.com/watch?v=3Fxgcax2EtA
youtube.com/watch?v=0hZ-0y-yItI

>Concerning noise
youtube.com/watch?v=DIaiCmN9-Ww

>10th gen Civic Vids
youtube.com/watch?v=rpluxKuShFw
youtube.com/watch?v=4u4LRls8fUU

>FWD ""drifting""
youtube.com/watch?v=Q7u2_XV5Yp8
youtube.com/watch?v=IoFLdseOhpo

>tfw too intelligent to do this during a hail storm
youtube.com/watch?v=2IfmHEB21do

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XkhvDaReexs
youtu.be/ifFyfc11bn4
youtube.com/watch?v=mj5Q0z6-6OQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Q2W7tsYbOTI
denji.com/index.php/en/headlamp-projector/item/28-civic-92-95-projector-headlamp
6two1.com/product-category/denji
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>How does the collage work?
See pic related.

>tfw car fixed
>hovered around 180f the whole way home

Feels real fucking good.

was it just the head gasket?

Yep. Did a pressure test and coolant showed up in cylinder 4, by the distributor. Uncle changed the gasket last night and I drove it home this morning.

Had her for about 3 months now.

Join the collage, faget.

youtube.com/watch?v=XkhvDaReexs

On main street lefts and rights turners never give room for straighters
So I made some.

Missed out on a k&n short ram intake for my car for $40.

>Posted 16 hours ago
>This still available?
>No

Feels bad.

What's next

(You) da real MVP

Technically it's only two lanes

Seller should've took down the ad

Turned on my car today and i sounded wierd, i figured it was the oil and since i live 10 minutes from work i was gonna change the oil when i got back. Pulled the red crx out of the garage go to close the garagarage theres a puddle of coolant and a trail leading to my car. The one hose that didnt come with the silicone hose kit basically melted

Wew lad
Hope it stays cool, no pun intended.

Will a strut bar give any noticeable improvement in handling on stock struts?

noticeable? Probably not. More is more though.

blog: bought two b series transmissions today for $100 each.

One is a Y1, one is a YS1. The YS1 needs a new 5th but otherwise they're both fine.

I think i did bretty good but time will tell

Lel.

What is this, your crux?

Yep. They counted the vinyl seat covers as leather too.

Shoulda slammed the paper down, said I know what I have, and walked out.

Why did you even bother doing this?

Even the appraisers said they knew it's worth more, but corporate would just wholesale it at auction so there wasn't much they could do. Although one of the guys who appraised it was fucking 7'2" shit you not.

im so lost

Doug Demuro. Takes his cars to Carmax for giggles.
youtu.be/ifFyfc11bn4

doug has a youtube channel though.

Did you just go to carmax on a weekday by yourself just for keks?

Yep, just for keks.

jesus christ

Woke up this morning, try to start my 01 Civic EX Coupe, nothing. Keep twisting key from 2 to 3, eventually starts. The car will occasionally start immediately when I turn the key in the ignition, but sometimes I gotta keep twisting the shit for it to start. What's the problem and how much is it gonna run me to fix it?

ignition switch maybe?

>tfw just got a 92 manual accord sedan for free

something is wrong with the exhaust manifold I think because it is really loud and it sounds like most of the sound is coming from around the engine.

Probably a leak, but nice free car.

That's what it sounds like to be. I had a similar situation but it was bad enough to shut the car off while driving. Might also be a loose ground or maybe even a loose wire to the starter motor.

Add it to the collage user.

Put you hand over it's butthole and see if it's trying to push your hand, then you'll know it's leaking, cause it'll hiss.

This. If you got any local muffler shops, they can seal it up for maybe $40 to $60. Real cheap fix.

ty senpais

I will try to remember to once I clean it

That's the thing about replacing hoses. The oldest one always goes.

If you can feel your car enough it should be noticeable

How much does KBB say?

Exhaust manifold gasket might be bad

bros before hose
very nice

Muh niga.
Ive had this. Was the switch but idk how you really check.

Now that the head gasket is out of the way, the vtak is way more noticable. Gonna flush it with new coolant after I get a good radiator from my friend. Back to work tomorrow, hoping my five days off don't hurt me too much.

VTEC MOTHERFUCKER

Now the meme makes sense. My acceleration has gone up quite a bit. Didn't expect it. Kek

Also got 40mpg highway on the way home. Can probably thank the O2 sensor for that one.

Yes and also yes. DId you reset the ECU after adding the o2 sensor? Make sure you do that. Also, ecu takes time to adjust the broad trim so your mpg should improve over time.

ALSO, you may find that the car uses less oil now as a result of not running so rich

[PASSING INTENSIFIES]

Wtf I can't even gif right.

I reset it but over time a code for primary sensor pops up. I think it's code 1?

Kek

Check wiring. O2 codes dont always pop up right away. Could have an issue there.

Also, are you running 1 wire or 4 wire o2

4 wire I believe. Pic related.

When I didn't have a sensor, it gave a code for the heated sensor. Now that code is gone I get that new one.

>2004 civic with 130k miles, no mods, and in good condition for 4.5k
s-should I?

Check the wiring, sometimes that shit melts or gets cut. I think there was a service thing on that a while ago.

Could it be the location of the bung? I know EGs normally have them located very close to the engine head but my current header has it at the end of the downpipe, requiring that extension wire.

Will do. Sometimes it goes pretty far before it pops a code up. Maybe it was the head gasket doing it? I havent watched the codes after the change yet.

I have my crx's o2 in that location, no check engine light

Driving home now I'll see if it pops up after it's cleared.

>dirt flying into interior
TRIGGERED

youtube.com/watch?v=mj5Q0z6-6OQ

Guess that code isn't a problem anymore. Never popped up on my drive home. Hondash does show crazy high O2 voltage, though. Chart says a max of 1.00 but it shows 3.82.

IAT sensor I know about, one of my wires needs to be reconnected.

That must have been a bitch to clean.

>$7k in damage according to him in comments

FUG

>see an f150 chased by a line of cops race past me on the way to ralphs
>come home and see the chase on youtube

youtube.com/watch?v=Q2W7tsYbOTI

>that sprint

I wonder what he was running for?

>driving with a backback on

Maybe drugs?

I had a current gen Charger highway patrol on my ass on the way home. First time one tailed me and with them being the most aggressive car of all time I was terrified. If that's what they were going for, they fucking succeeded.

He was being chased for stealing tires from the big o tires in Huntington Beach, they even flew out the bed when he crashed, kek.

Shit tires aren't worth all that trouble. He should have known an old truck wouldn't get away with it. Then again, most people who run are pretty retarded from the start.

Changed oil less than two months ago, car has been driven less than 700 miles. Check oil just because, bone dry.

No visible leaks anywhere, I don't think. Bottom of oil pan is a little oily. No burnt oil smell or smoke.

People at work think I have OCD because I like to have a clean car. That was a good way to start the day. All I did was clean the dash since it was dusty, and I have box in the trunk with cleaning supplies like glass cleaner, interior cleaner, glass towels, a bag with some microfiber towels, and some other stuff.

You're just not a careless normie, my mom gets pissed whenever I tell her to not slam the seatbelt in the fucking doors on the NF.

Just cleaned mine out today.

I love that car. Type-S?
Speaking of moms, I had to explain to her that the bottle of interior cleaner I use can clean her dash. She didn't believe me because it didn't specifically say dash cleaner on it. I gave up, but she used it anyway.

You know it.

>wheel was kinda dirty since my uncle drove the car
>jew as fuck
>stopped at a gas station and dipped their paper towels in the (fresh) windshield solution by the gas tanks
>wheel clean

I've generally just been using normal water to keep my interior kinda clean.

Good shit and good luck mayne

If manual, I say yes

>mfw

>that cop tripping

I was fucking rolling, a clip of it even made it to worldstar.

>normal water
hahaha look at this pleb
deionized or bust

Is it totally dry underneath? Even if it burns you don't have to smell or necessarily

You're doing good user it's called not being a lazy piece of shit

>leave car idling because dad is going to move out of driveway
>come back to car
>underside, so everything bottom door moulding is fucking heat wave
do exhausts get this hot on old cars? it's like there was a fire underneath my car

Was the AC on? cars can kick out a shit ton of heat from the bottom with it on.

It should be hot to the touch but not too hot. Got a blocked cat maybe?

Thanks bruh. If all is well I might try to do some dank road trips.

AC was off. But thanks for reminding me I have AC, i'll keep it in mind.
Blocked cat? Maybe. Might explain that ridiculous rattling when i accelerate.

Was the radiator fan on?

If it's colder right after the cat that's probably it. My oil dipstick slips right in between my header pipes so it shouldn't get hot enough to where I can't grab it while it's at operating temp.

This is what I meant by the AC being on, all that hot air will blow out the bottom from the rad fan.

Rad fan does come on, but not at that time.
I'll check that.

Maybe it's just because im sensitve to hot??`

3.84 volts is the max input that the o2 circuit in the ECU can detect without modification. Meaning you're basically reading max or out of range voltage. (If hondash is to be believed) The higher the voltage detected, the leaner the mixture. I would check this stuff out, because that seems pretty abnormal.

What headlights are those bro, and where do i get some?

Period correct Denji projectors. Kind of a bitch to get but they're roughly $200 including shipping. Gotta email Denji directly to order them at [email protected]. Just tell them which model you want from the bottom of this page, denji.com/index.php/en/headlamp-projector/item/28-civic-92-95-projector-headlamp

I'll have to mess around with it. Maybe put in a wideband to get actual AFR. Hondash doesn't keep track of that.

6two1.com/product-category/denji

This is another site that carries them but I'm not sure if they ship outside the UK. They're pretty popular with EGs since they're the only aftermarket headlight that is on par with OEM since they're made of glass as well and don't look retarded out of place like the eBay ones.

oh fuck, Felpro gasket going out quicker then you expected. How many miles did you put on it before it leaked?

Shit I got maybe 12k out of it? Kind of my fault, though.

>aftermarket radiator cap wouldn't release pressure
>pressure got so high it ruptured a hose
>most likely ruptured the gasket too

After running the car with that cap the hoses would get hard as a rock. Using OEM cap now so it should be good this time.

What do you all think of the new SI sedan?

I think it's sick I kinda want one.

>huge ass 10th gen civic sedan with 200hp and factory rice
Of course I like it.

Daum, well atleast it didn't leave you stranded.
I'm pretty sure I have an aftermarket cap. Going to order an oem one, but my radiator isn't oem, so hopefully it fits.

My OEM cap fits on my aftermarket radiator just fine. I need to swap that radiator anyway, the top seam is leaking just a little bit.

Only $12 for a new OEM cap on Amazon. Definitely worth having one. Those aftermarket caps don't last at all it seems.

Got myself a DSLR camera.