Has any assassination ever been as bold as Caesar's?

Has any assassination ever been as bold as Caesar's?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isshi_Incident
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

kennedy

There was a law allowing the murder of Anyone trying to become king

The attempted assassination of Qin Shi Huang by Yan kingdom assassin, Jing Ke.
>Convince kingdom of Zhao to surrender and give bits of his land to the Qin. This would lure the King of Qin into stationing in lands hostile to him, far from his main camps.
>Convince a Qin rebel general marked for treason to die for your cause. As offering the head of the general has a reward given by the king of Qin personally. Cunt hates the King of Qin so bad, he's actually ok to die if it means the Qin King dies.
>Spread rumors about traitors within the Qin court so that the Qin emperor would be so scared to even put armed guards inside his palace.
>Take only yourself plus an ex-con as your assistant.
>Its only you, your assistant, some guy selling medicine, and the King of Qin now.
>Take the shot. Stab the tyrant.
And what foiled this intricate plot? Your ex-con assistant pussies out and trembles in fear and the king notices, you take your first stab, which the king half-anticipates, which only injures the king and a wild goose chase around the palace ensues as you try to stab the king while the king is trying to get his longsword out of the damn voluminous robes he's wearing, ending when the unnoticed medicine guy thwacks you with his bag of drugs allowing the King of Qin time to get out his longsword and kill you.

>sniping from a building
>bold

Brutus and crew take this one.

well, he was trying to become an emperor, not a king.

law's a bitch because of the loop-holes

What about the assassination of Tiberius Gracchus?

>Bunch of pissed off senators club a rowdy populist to death
>Bunch of pissed off senators stab the worlds richest and most powerful man beloved by the people and army immediately after a civil war
Yeah nah

Nah, but Jack Ruby just walking up to Oswald and shooting him was pretty bold.

That Jap with the katana on live tv springs to mind.

A bunch of Praetorian guards straight up murdered Pertinax, while he almost talked them out of it. They then proceeded auction off the emperorship to the highest bidder. It did not go well for anybody involved.

>katana

The assassination of Conrad I of Jerusalem

Since it is suspected that it was planned by both Saladin and Richard by using the Hashashins.

I would have to go with the assassination of Eglon, king of Moab.

>Be king
>Be taking a shit
>It takes a while cuz you're a fatass
>Some crazy Israelite guy barges into the bathroom and stabs you for no reason.
>Try to pull it out but can't reach over your own fat.
>Nobody comes to help for a while because they're used to your obese constipation shits taking a while

Ehud! Ehud! Ehud!

The one of Franz Ferdinand.

>be me Gavrilo Princip
>my local terrorist group no one heard about plans assassination by bombs
>bombs fail to kill anyone (?)
>drink away your misery in a local café
>Suddenly Ferdinand's car is having car trouble just in front of your café
>boldly shoot at him

>t. not a historian

According to legend, Erazem came into conflict with the Habsburgs when he killed the commander of the Imperial army, Marshall Pappenheim, who had offended the honour of Erazem's deceased friend, Andrej Baumkircher of Vipava. Fleeing the vengeance of the Holy Roman Emperor, Frederick III, Erazem reached in the family fortress of Predjama. From there, he allied himself with King Matthias Corvinus and began to attack Habsburg estates and towns in Carniola. The emperor commissioned the governor of Trieste, Andrej Ravbar, with the capture or killing of Erazem.

For a year and a day, Erazem was besieged in his fortress. He taunted the attacking soldiers by pelting them with cherries: Erazem knew of a secret tunnel leading from the castle, which allowed him to travel to the nearby village of Vipava and collect supplies, including hoards of fresh cherries when in season.

The besiegers bribed one of Erazem's servants to reveal when his master was in attendance at the privy; the toilet, situated on the top floor and at the very edge of the castle, was the one place that was not impregnable. When the moment came, the servant placed a candle at the window, and, with a single cannonball, the besieging army killed Erazem.

>Several senators intend on murdering an unarmed man
>Bold

shut up weaboo

i read that the flabby senators had trouble with him, since he was a hardened soldier and they were just aristocrats

not trying to derail the thread but Booth's was pretty bold. Jumping down from the Presidents box to announce his assassination on stage and quote Brutus.

Set this shit to Benny Hill and it's 10/10

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isshi_Incident

This is basically what the Japanese imperial family had to do to establish their legitimacy as sole rulers, gather the heads of the ruling clan at the time in a public place under the pretense of a ceremony and then murder then in cold blood.

That one that destroyed three Empires as after effect was pretty bold., if you ask me.

You mean the Fujiwara family.

>royal physician
>some guy selling medicine

Not to mention there were plenty of other officials nearby, but nobody had a weapon and they didn't want to help and get stabbed.

It was bold because he was personally killed by a group of his peers, who were wealthy, well bred men.

Most assassinations involve hired killers.

Being famous as shit helps too. Imagine George Clooney shooting Obama at a premiere of one of his movies.

>be besieging dumb asshole
>occasionally get a cherry out of it

I guarantee you there was at least one guy who shrugged and ate the cherries.

You actually convinced me. Thanks for the clarification.

These are romans though, pretty much all of them would have been military men in the past or currently

Caligula

Not necessarily. Most assassinations of today involve hired killers, but that wasnt exactly true back then.
Pompey was killed by a wealthy nobleman. Caesar was killed by a wealthy nobleman.
Caligula was killed by a wealthy nobleman.
Pic related is the list of barracks emperors. Notice that none of them were killed by hired assassins. In fact, most come from the Praetorian Guard, or otherwise people who were very close to the emperor.
Sure Caesars assassination was bold in that a couple of Senators slew an emperor, but its not as bold as Shakespeare makes it out to be.
Also, you should look into Pompey's assassination.
>"The lack of friendliness on the boat prompted Pompey to say to Septimius what he was an old comrade. The latter merely nodded. He thrust a sword into him and then Achillas and Savius stabbed him with daggers."

I want to point something else that nobody in this thread has said yet about the boldness of killing Caesar.
The senate house wasn't just the senate house it was also the temple of the god's Castor and Pollux.

By killing a man in the temple of the gods they were risking the wrath of those gods, even if Castor and Pollux also believed Caesar to be a tyrant they still may have taken offence.

The Romans tended to be god fearing and I don't doubt that many of the conspirators believed they were being punished by the god's as they dealt with the consequences of that day.

Valentinian III assassinating Aetius would have been a major happening. The emperor personally stabbing the guy cucking him of his power.

SEVEN LIVES FOR MY COUNTRY

>they didn't want to help and get stabbed
Fucking DISGUSTING
I assume the King gave them all some sort of punishment?

>A conspiracy was organized, some months before it was executed, by Counts Peter Ludwig von der Pahlen, Nikita Petrovich Panin, and the half-Spanish, half-Neapolitan adventurer Admiral Ribas. The death of Ribas delayed the execution. On the night of 23 March [O.S. 11 March] 1801, Paul was murdered in his bedroom in the newly built St Michael's Castle by a band of dismissed officers headed by General Bennigsen, a Hanoverian in the Russian service, and General Yashvil, a Georgian. They charged into his bedroom, flushed with drink after supping together, and found Paul hiding behind some drapes in the corner.[42] The conspirators pulled him out, forced him to the table, and tried to compel him to sign his abdication. Paul offered some resistance, and one of the assassins struck him with a sword, after which he was strangled and trampled to death. He was succeeded by his son, the 23-year-old Alexander I, who was actually in the palace, and to whom General Nikolay Zubov, one of the assassins, announced his accession, accompanied by the admonition, "Time to grow up! Go and rule!"

Was going to post this.

>Praetorian Guard
Bunch of hired killers right there.

The guard did more harm to the Empire than all bad emperors combined,