Boo Hoo why are Americans importing our cars from Germany instead of buying the inferior cars we have in the states

>Boo Hoo why are Americans importing our cars from Germany instead of buying the inferior cars we have in the states
>Let's lobby the US government to ban Americans from importing cars until they are 25 years old
>let's keep selling more inferior cars and charge more in parts and labor so we can make even more money

Or

>let's encourage foreign manufacturers to open factories in the US
>and employ Americans
>and boost the economy through domestic production, employing makers and sellers
>instead of sending the bulk of our money offshore to some foreign company

Yeah gee what a weird idea, that self preservation is.

Globalist kike, fuck off.

>Wrong
It was Mercedes who didn't want burgers importing cheap taxi-spec W124s and then suing them because the illegal amber turn signals caused an accident

>>>/kys/

BMWs and Mercedes built in the US suffered from the worst reliability compared to everywhere else in the world. It's actually how the poor reliability meme began.

You're still not getting the point of his post. I'm not a proponent of protectionism but I understand why they did it.

Why not just make domestic cars that can compete?

>because the illegal amber turn signals caused an accident
>amber turn signals
>illegal

Is this another one of those "what else but america?" moments?

>globalist kike
Anyone who thinks globalism is a bad thing is a fucking retard. You're literally only shitposting on Veeky Forums because mommy and daddy could afford a computer made in china, because trust me, the average dipshit american is not gonna work 12 hours a day for a bowl of rice.

kike, lol

because idk how they do it but they brainwash people, any car should transport you from a to b idk why i would choose a mercedes over a used toyota

The Mercedes is more comfortable and quiet inside

if I wanted comfort and quiet I'd work from home.

i've driven both and unless you get some high priced interior options from mercedes it ain't that comfortable, but then again you can always buy some comfortable seats in your toyota

I actually work from home and travel a lot on weekends to avoid cabin fever. Then I want a quiet comfy ride.

I agree that the luxury interior is superfluous but I do value noise dampening. When I drive for 3+ hours, the constant droning of my shitbox really gets on my nerves.

It's better overall for America if it's American made, dildo. Americans can make good cars, it's just that the Big Three choose not to. Companies that were founded offshore, but operate in the US, make good vehicles. Look at Honda, they make Civics and Ridgelines in the US and they're insanely well-built.

Not to mention the Toyota Tundra which is made in Texas.

OP is a cunt lol.

Or why not let the free market sort that out by introducing competitors whose cars are made better? Oh wait we already have that, and people have steadily been increasing purchases of foreign autos.

But there's a pricepoint, too. You get what you pay for. If you want a well made vehicle with lots of features, you have to pay more.

Get cucked faggots lol

Yeah well have fun with all of those refugees.

Keep your stick in the rice

Have fun with those 43%

Why the hell would it make any damn sense to make decent vehicles?

a reasonable compromise would be to have grey market imports 5 years old or more. they can only come from a select group of nations. you don't have to meet safety or emission standards, but you will be taxed every year for how much over the car is on emissions.

this way they are not competing against new car sales. you don't get jimbo and tyrone importing shit from china, india, africa or latin america.

everyone can get that special car or bike they wanted but couldn't. with out having to wait till the car is worn the fuck out, or having to crash several cars and modifying them.