[D a i l y - B o t o r c y c l e - T h r e a d] - /dbt/

[D a i l y - B o t o r c y c l e - T h r e a d] - /dbt/

MURRICA EDITION?

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSek8S2Lh2X1APHW63s51djyItfBVouz2nM1J_aeV5f44CnRkg/viewform?usp=sf_link#responses

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Penis Rating
>Motorcycle Adventures
>Motorcycle Pics & Boring Webbums

/dbt/ map:
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

Noob? Git gud:
→ # → → # →

Boring webms, now with sound!
# #

Old thred:
→ #

Other urls found in this thread:

harrisburg.craigslist.org/mcy/6138378382.html
amazon.com/Aqua-Quest-Defender-Tarp-Square/dp/B01FKN766M/
youtube.com/watch?v=qdajh4ZNSdw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>MURRICA EDITION
>Eastern bloc fighters overhead

user, we need to talk...

finally.

I had nothing to do with the creation of this image.

Who is this meant for? I wasn't even aware that adventure scootering was a thing, let alone advisable.

For when you want an adv but are too pussy to ride a real motorcycle

can we make fun of yellow bmws is this thread?

Yes we can hate on cockeyed bananas.

>too pussy to ride a real motorcycle

I guess I never understood this either. Riding even the most lightweight, underpowered 125cc scooter scares me more than a litre supersports with a sticky throttle (poorly maintained Ninja, shit was horrifying when I had to wrench the throttle shut with my entire arm at 140mph). It's the lack of a tank to wrap my thighs around.

Third/second world countries with shitty roads is the only market I can see.

Keep in mind north america buys a miniscule amount of motorcycles.

pretty sure that's not a harley either

How was the morning ride?

No, yellow is a gud colour. We can make fun of BMWs in general though.

Thats allowed in every thread.

Postin sexier yellow bikes

>Third/second world countries with shitty roads is the only market I can see.

I could understand that if it were priced accordingly but it's only a grand less than a VFR800 in my market and getting dangerously close to the Africa Twin.

It definitely isn't.

haven't been around for a while, any slags /dbt/ is obsessed with recently?

I dont even like yellow, but dat sv gel seat is too comfy to give up

Is it amphibious?

That already exists though, it's called the regular Africa Twin

>Africa Twin

That's a funny way to spell GS.

Good

Also check out my new neat and simple custom sticker

It was a bit chilly this morning, like 45f.
>yesterday was a high of 90f..
Still had a fun commute though.

>comfy 0 effort part time job
>long holiday to do whatever I like till uni starts back
>somehow talked my way into a paid internship
>no worries of any kind
>cbt next week
why is my life so fucking good right now, just need to work on the friendless virgin thing and I will be ready to ascend.

and of course I forgot the picture

>need to work on the friendless virgin thing
>ready to ascend
There's a lot of work to be done user.

About to pick up my very first bike - CBR600F3, '97. Have I already fucked up with buying an older 600cc bike as a first bike?

>implying original Africa Twin isn't absolute GOAT
nigger please

Hopefully that ones not cursed

GS doesn't have an automatic transmission and isn't complete crap on the road

You did good. Just hope you had some proper riding lessons so you don't rek yourself before you check yourself.

It's not a big deal as long as you aren't retarded and prone to freezing up in panic.
My brother started on a cbr1000rr. He never even dropped it.

also baiku with abandoned hotel, it looks kinda like dead island or something

I wont deny it but this is by far the closest I have ever been. It's like a bi-plane is nothing close to an apache but its closer than a rock tied to a stick

If clutching brings you such pleasure, you can buy it in manual (it's called having a choice). The only thing the GS does better than the Twin on the road is drag racing and comfort for the over 50s (at the expense of massive loss of road feedback).

Don't mean to be rude but you could definitely work on your game

Not really senpai

Good enough desu as long as you're comfy

>trying to find rear rack for CM250C
>ebay's spelling correction algo keeps including CB250 and CMX250 in the results
>have to find the real thing in hundreds of incorrect results

Why computator, why?

Yeah, I'm just too lazy to get my dslr out, tho I will sometime definetly

i really want to go camping with you guys, but how do i carry a tent an a bike?

>muh DSLR
I expect top grade phone pics as well. This isn't amateur hour, you're on /dbt/, act like it.

mine literally fits in a backpack, how big is yours?

Don't worry about the tent, its the sleeping bag and mattress that take up space.

it's a 2 man tentfolded down it's 40 x 40 x 5 cm
but they're just sausages, i can strap them to the side, the tent is just so cumbersome

Perhaps get a smaller tent.

don't have the cash

Here's how I packed for one of my trips.
white = sleeping bag and miscellaneous
red = inflatable sleeping mat
big blue = tent
small blue = chair
top case = valuables, tools, clothing

Then my other suggestion of larger panniers is right out, I guess? You'll just have to leave the poles at home, kill a deer when you get to the campsite and pose it appropriately until rigor mortis sets in before using its corpse as both a camp bed and tent poles.

>TFW you pack so much camera gear that you have to stay in a hotel

harrisburg.craigslist.org/mcy/6138378382.html

seriously considering this desu

Yellow a best.

I checked the Ninja 600. I know it's not supposed to be my permanent bike, I know it's supposed to be cheap, but damn, it's one ugly motherfucker.

Tent in this picture is a Vango Bravo 200, labout 100 euros. I'm sure you can find a tent that you can afford and actually carry.

I took a cheap digital camera and a Drift Ghost helmet cam and that was already somewhat cumbersome. Are you shooting 4K or something?

>dirt tracker
>front brake
fucking numales

the work done on the tail section really ruined the bike, wew

If you can do the work described on the ad it isn't thaaaaat bad, but you're not going to get either performance or comfort from that bike. It's a loss-loss in some regards.

but I want the A E S T H E T I C S

Are you the spaniard user that was about to buy a cbf125 some threads ago?

Is your skid plate holding up well with the paint?
I'm considering doing something like that with this thing

this tent was $25

What puts me off is that it looks poorly modded. Plus replacement engine in unknown condition AND needing work. God knows what the fuck you can stumble upon there. Retarded jetting, poorly done wiring, stripped to fuck everything rust in the tank etc are all possible.

You could still get an aesthetic bike for a similar price with less red flags.

If you're feeling courageous let us know how it goes.

My current odometer reading is 39276. My last fuelup odometer reading was 39995. Speedo is responding normally. What happened?

yep, that's me

Benjamin Button Bike

Its holding very well.
Considering all the shit that the front wheel throws at it and the only mark is a little dent of that time I hit a bump too hard...
Go for it.
Glad you got it. Looks good.
Are you enjoying it?

1. Learn how to set up a tarp (it's fuckin easy especially if you're not in the desert)

2. Buy this one: amazon.com/Aqua-Quest-Defender-Tarp-Square/dp/B01FKN766M/

3. Buy some small plastic stakes, or make them when you get there.

4. Roll up tarp, ground pad and wool blanket into one compact package. Lash to bike. If you need more padding bring a trash bag to stuff leaves in and put your pad on top of it.

5. If it's cold you can position the tarp to catch heat from the fire and get extra comfy.

You could also bring a small hammock instead, which is even more compact. Just string the tarp over it for rain.

Where did you get those bars? I'm tired of the swept back ones that come stock.

what up shurmano

Maybe you messed up entering the km driven number a couple times?

Did you just rattle can it?
I might try to anodize it if it's aluminum or an alloy

can you enter that?
salu3

>Are you enjoying it?
Yep, not only is it way better to move around the city than my old shitbox, it's also pretty fun to ride

could you at least afford a tail unlike the guy your'e quoting?

I could, but maybe that's the looks he's goon for? Some people like the chopped up look.
But I hate these bars.

I don't think so, it's still private property and it'd be ilegal, also I think there are security guards guarding it

Mine is aluminium.
Just cleaned it thoroughly and apllied two thin coats of pic related. Is a graffity spray paint I think. Satin Black.
No matter what they say here, lightweight 125s are fun as fuck.
Viva Roto2

I'm almost certain I didn't but I'm going to have to be careful about it now. I suspect I already skipped 40000 once, but THEN thought I typed in a wrong number. I think the trip meter works correctly, just the odometer does this, which makes me suspect foul play even more.

But i've had it since 35000 or so and this is the first time I'm really worried about it. If it skips again I'll have it checked out.

CM250 here continuing dumb questions from the other night...

As long as I set it down gently, it should be reasonable OK to put the bike on its side for a while, right? Baiku is a very dirty girl, want to be able to get down under with the pressure washer.

She also appears to be tinkling a little gas when sitting. I forgot to switch off the petcock last night, but I assume that still isn't normal. Have a carb rebuild kit with new seats on order, but its two weeks out, coming from Taiwan.

I've been trying to find specs on the alternator, and all I could find was something referencing the charging amperage as being 6A at 5k RPM... Does that seem right? If so, I'm gonna have to rethink the new headlamp I ordered.

Could leak gas if you let it nap on its side, do not reccomend

If one was to propose a SAM v2.0 in the Rockies, would there be legitimate interest?

dont let it run if laid down and remove gas first.

Or even (gasp) a Supa Canada meet? BC is nice

why would they patrol a abondoned building?
suspicipous.
enter it, find the secret people-factory and you are new james bond

I'd be down for coming over from the island for that.
Could hit up the mountain roads outside of Pemberton or something

They were on it when I got it. Just google Intruder VS800 drag bars or something. It was also bobbed when I bought it. It's probably not something I would have done, but I do like the way it looks, and I have the rear fender which is very is to reattach if necessary.

>Are you shooting 4K or something?
Yes. The camcorder fills a 64GB card in just over an hour and the GoPro isn't much better.

Next week, I may even have time to finish editing last year's video:
youtube.com/watch?v=qdajh4ZNSdw

Where in Spain from user?

Paying for a couple of minimum wage security guards for a few years still ends up cheaper than the damage from squatters.

>No matter what they say here, lightweight 125s are fun as fuck.
Yeah, it's no literbike, but it is fun and dirt cheap to run
>why would they patrol a abondoned building?
idk, I also tried to enter an abandoned assylum that is in a nearby town and the police showed up even before we got out of the car and that was in the middle of the night, exploring abandoned buildings seems pretty difficult here in Spain, or at least here in Valencia

not him, but he's from euskadi, bilbao I think

>tfw you search for a complete gasket set for your baiku and all of the results are in moonrunes

>tfw you search for a front brake rotor for your ahitbike but only EBC makes one and it's over $200.
EBay shit is like $70 but I don't trust that.

nice bike for citys that flood whenever it rains like Manila.

Am I adventure now?

t. zombie factory apologists

enjoy your mindcontrolled milita when you don't explore

I'm not an apologist, or a co-conspirator. I just can't wait for it to go down so I finally get to use all these guns I've been hording.

That tank bag is a crimd against humanity.

>a functional bag is a crime against humanity

You what?

Excellent news: I have enough money in my budget to make SEM3. Looking forward to meeting you guys in person.