Live in a massive metro with an unrealistically inflated population of 9 million people (SF)

>live in a massive metro with an unrealistically inflated population of 9 million people (SF)
>live about a mile from work and you can get there in about 5 minutes
>have to move out of your house and now your commute is over 9 miles, out of one city (Berkeley), through an entire city (Oakland) and ends in a third city (Alameda)
>it somehow takes you 15 minutes to get to work
>avg ~36mph
>regularly top 90mph
>tfw

what's traffic like in your city Veeky Forums?

I live in LA but I go to work around 3pm so traffic isn't too bad. Takes about 25 minutes to get to work.

I just remembered how much I hated driving in sf, thanks

I work from home

>work in Redmond WA
>home is 6 miles away
>takes 25-30 minutes to get home in the evening depending on traffic
it's the most frustrating, aneurysm inducing shit, especially because the drivers here are fucking subhuman retards

damn that sucks. I used to live in Melbourne, Aus. I lived about 5 miles from work but there were no convenient hwys on my route, lots of lights. So it would take either 25 - 30 minutes in the car or 30 minutes flat on my bicycle.

>suburban hometown
>some traffic all day, absolutely terribad from 4-7
>nobody on roads from about midnight to 5 AM
>uni town
>sideskirts and mountain roads always practically deserted
>town usually traffic free
>massive spike in pedestrian and car traffic from 4-6
Driving in Pennsylvania was max cozy, the drive home made me realize just how shit the Midwest is by comparison

damn, I bet PA has got some seriously nice driving. sounds pretty comfy

We have two lanes going each way with a lot of lights, speed limit is 35 mph but the traffic is so bad you're lucky to get over 15 in the evening.

I almost get in an accident every month because of how shit the drivers are, I'm very defensive and alert and it's never my fault. Last week I was 5 feet away from t-boning a retard asian woman who was running a red light as I was about to make a protected left turn, good thing I was looking.

I'm probably just going to start taking my bike, I can go through neighborhoods and avoid the all of the insanity and chaos.

>cozy
>comfy
our roads are some of the worst in the country

>live in a medium-sized city
>work in a small town
>50 mile commute to work
>50 mile commute home
>cruise at 80 for most of it

It's not bad most days, but the highway patrol will occasionally camp along the freeway to stop the people that are going 90+.
All of the rubberneckers slow down to get a look causing traffic to backup for miles.

My dad has the same commute, but he's done it for 15 years. He sold his last Camry at 300k miles, and his current one is at 250k.

Take a trip to IL familia, and you'll wish you never left
>retarded speed limits and bolis everywhere
>roads comparable to the lunar surface
>infinite amount of drivers who will flash and tailgate no matter your speed or how many lanes there are
>traffic light intervals are approximately half an eternity

Oh, and I forgot to mention: flat straights as far as the eye can see. PA roads weren't the smoothest but the amount of slopes and curves and scenic views on the state highways made up for it

>rural Idaho
>roads everywhere are shit because poverty state
>mountains and hills everywhere
>more likely to hit animals on the highway than to ever see traffic
>car scene is trucks, SUVs, and Subaru

It's a 7/10 and would be a solid 9 if the shit roads weren't liable to kill your car.

A fucking nightmare due to shit tier city planning. It's literally grid-mode. Even the highway that runs through has a stop light every block.

>subaru
sounds pretty based

>live in San Jose
>takes 15-45 min to get somewhere
>Massive traffic
>not SF

I'd say its okay compared to other cities in California

I had to drive in to Seattle and help my sister move. Taking 520 during commuter hours was a mistake. Also, 154th AVE NE is in my opinion the ultimate road for lizard-brain gottagofast drivers.

156th is pretty bad too, I take great pleasure in using my SUV to block all the high powered tech workers who weave between traffic in their porsches and shit

>living in california

Live in a large town in England, traffic is either:

>literal standstill hell from 8am onwards
>school every 10 feet
>people losing what little ability they had when little tarquin might have to walk more than 5ft
>motorway jammed with old boomer retards
>dynamic traffic jams mean you can't even predict an empty route
>6 mile commute in 40 mins

OR

>half term
>fucking ghost town
>dorifto past empty schools
>literally no cunt in sight apart from occasional angry sales rep doing 105+ in his A3
>6 mile commute in 10 minutes

>small city south of Stockton
>about 20 mile daily drive to class
>freeway runs through town that basically connects I5 and 99
>traffic is almost a constant, lots of eastbound traffic from everyone trying to get to the bay area, west bound traffic is constant throughout day because of shit drivers
>used to be accidents almost everyday because people try to cut into the interchange at the last second in a vain attempt to avoid the traffic leading to the ramp
>99 is even worse
>constant construction
>usually slow drivers that don't move over
>an accident on either side causes standstill traffic because people feel compelled to stop and stare
>sometimes there's even stop and go traffic for no discernable reason
>>I personally think people are spooked by the small bridge at the county line
>not many back roads I know about that avoid this shit
>a normal 20 minute drive has taken me up to an hour before
>nearest touge is nearly an hour away
Daytime driving is a nightmare