Veeky Forums what's the name of the German architect who made this design originally?

Veeky Forums what's the name of the German architect who made this design originally?
also Architecture thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schwerbelastungskörper
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schwerbelastungskörper
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>"lets decorate the roads with a swastika every 30 feet. no way anyone will get sick of seeing them constantly. yep. certainly the most logical and aesthetically pleasing thing to do."

Noone, because this picture is fictional. If you're talking about the Germania project, it's Albert Speer.

Albert Speer was the lead man behind the design, but was reassigned to minister of armaments for the war effort, and everything related to redesigning Berlin was put on the backburner.

those highway buildings look fucking neato

thanks!

I highly recommend his books. This and "The Spandau Diaries" are great reads from one of the most technically minded and high ranking members of the party.

While it looks real fucking neato in sci-fi sense it also looks like a worse place to live than commie block.
I can only imagine suicide and depression rates skyrocket.

The architect behind it was Spede Pasanen.

Speer was a cuck

It is only the road leading to reichstag. Not every roads as you see.

Reminder that Speer was one of the worst nazi criminals and got of way too easy. He probably caused more deaths with his forced labour camps than any hanged Wehrmacht general. After he served his prison time he was a millionare again thanks to selling stolen jewish art. Irritatingly son, Albert Speer junior, also earned money being an architect.

sounds like a good guy desu

It is a Brutalism nightmare. Also Berlin is in swamp and can't support heavy buildings like that.

> Also Berlin is in swamp and can't support heavy buildings like that
is that a true fact or are you talking out of your ass? because I find it weird that he'll make such a stupid mistake

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schwerbelastungskörper

It was a known problem to Speer and the Germans. They would have had to drain, stabilize, and drive deep foundation pilings to build heavy buildings.

It's widely known.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schwerbelastungskörper

Why are /pol/luters so horribly informed about the most basic of shit?

>it's widely known
>links wikipedia
wew lad

Are you one of those people who takes a "Wikipedia is not a reputable source unless it supports my opinions" stance?

The swastikas all look like they were added in later. Like, poorly shooped.

spurdo spärdanen

I just asked I didn't even make any sort of statement, I found it weird and said why, as I didn't even know the architect's name I think that it's pretty obvious that I'm not an expert on the subject and I'm trying to educate myself, I don't go to /pol/ don't know what you're on about.

>soil beneath berlin
>basic shit
>widely known
fuck off wehraboo

Absolutely not I think many articles are well written and sourced. However the one you linked has two references, a documentary on the history channel(most certainly worthy of a wew lad), and a book called german myths(in german).

Now were you to direct the gentleman to something with a little more substance...

Actually that wasn't me debating you, I just jumped in about Wikipedia. The only other thing I've posted is "Speer is a cuck."

I was however aware of the "Berlin was built in a swamp" thing and I'm not sure why you see so skeptical of it. Washington DC and St. Petersburg were built in swamps and had to have extensive engineering to make them work. There is a big weighted stone tower in Berlin that was supposedly built to measure how far it would sink in the soil. I suppose that is more evidence.

Zod?

>I was however aware of the "Berlin was built in a swamp" thing and I'm not sure why you see so skeptical of it.
I'm not remotely skeptical of it. Heaven knows how many cities or towns have been built on shit land throughout the ages.

I am however astounded by just how quickly people accept something they've read on wikipedia without looking at the sources.

Nobody here is foolish enough to believe a claim they read on clickbait articles (surely) and yet some sources and references people have used for wiki articles I wouldn't use as anything other than fertilizer.

That is true. But I guess but if it's something innocuous like this I'll more readily accept it rather than something from a controversial page, and/or a page with much more traffic and a likelihood of bad edits

bruh, if you can't even use comas correctly, aint nobody gunna take u seriously

You only say that because he liked to watch his wife fuck other men.

He lied very cunningly, not least with the bombastic self-promoting "books"

You realize the image itself is cgi?

IIRC in the actual project cars were supposed to circulate exclusively undergroung, leaving the vast avenues for pedestrians.