I have an 80s shitbox but it has no radio head unit...

I have an 80s shitbox but it has no radio head unit. I'd like to have something looking like pic related but I would settle for a newer one with better features if it looked sort of 80s or 90s ish.

Other urls found in this thread:

jaycar.com.au/in-dash-mp3-player-with-radio/p/QM3781
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

just buy an alpine pull out and a tape with a 3.5mm jack attached.

aesthetic

Found this for free, looks pretty old school even though it has an AUX out. It's gonna go in a 1986 SR5. Thoughts.

>all of that mid-2000s silver plastic
But hey, it's free so you can't really complain

Go check Goodwill.

is this a joke?

It looks pretty barebones compared to the really new gaudy shit, and this display reminds me of 80s to 90s.

"No"

>quotation marks around answer
I'll take that as a yes

a lot of the 80s to early 90s had that silver plastic on the buttons m80

Looks ok

go aesthetic senpai. This shit went for $1k+ msrp when it was released and it can be had for pennies nowadays thanks to aesthetic discount

fully functional in folded in stealth mode, for when I have normies passengers I don't want to scare with my power level

Find something OEM maybe? Or did you specifically want aftermarket 80s?

This is the hardest thing to find. All of the old head units are aesthetic as fuck but have the power of cripple kicks. The newer more powerful models all look like gaudy riced trash but actually have some good power quality.

Sure you can go tape adapter but 20 watts per channel is still gonna sound like shit no matter how you slice it.

kys

What car is this?

nigger wheres your windshield wiper knob

How's this for 80s aesthetic?

it's an adub, there's a funky knob for that shit up high

>cucking yourself out of good sound because of "muh 80s"
These things are garbage. If you really want to keep that halfway go with something that's not too modern like

It's a meme you dip

nice :D

desu I want this really bad. whats the actual name

Many old high end decks sound great, have you ever actually heard a good setup?

best shitbox stock looking aftermarket headunit is the Jaycar Response unit if you can find it.

jaycar.com.au/in-dash-mp3-player-with-radio/p/QM3781

It also goes by the Kienzle MCR 1014 but it has red lighting instead of greenish blue

Easily worth it for the input. For a newer head unit it sort of looks oldschool.

Looks good

MCR 1016BT is even better since it's the same thing with Bluetooth. Some interiors go well with 1116BT.