/hg/ - Halo General

Main Menu edition

>The Kinsano DLC pack for Halo Wars 2 is now available for purchase or for free download to those with the season pass
- A new leader, Morgan Kinsano, armed with her own unique units and playstyle
- New Blitz Card Decks exclusive to Kinsano
- 3 achievements worth 30 Gamerscore

>Important Halo Links, Notes etc. (WIP)
pastebin.com/DpwtNzmu

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/burn-baby-burn

>Spartan Company
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/

>PC Section
coming soon™

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/masoncobb/status/846579140027297793
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A 25-person collage is being assembled to celebrate /hg/.
Submit your 1080p screenshots from any Halo game of your choice. Make sure to include your gamertag.

Pic related is just a prototype. The final pic will fix some grammar errors and improve the resolution.

There are 5 spots remaining.

Combining mechs when?

Not soon enough.

Custom Edition let's you pilot giant mechs, and it's cool, but they don't combine into anything. They're just vehicles basically.

Halo has really become bionicle

What are some good halo creepypastas?

Once upon a time, there was a Halo game so bad that Cortana became the villain.

The End

Bungie had that idea, doesnt mean its good though

Man, I hope they drop the Cortana thing and just go with Atriox

Fuck 343 and fuck esports

Fuck sprint, fuck SA, fuck nigger locke and his band of faggots

If Locke had a character he'd be fine, Chief should've died at 3 and we should've gotten a new character

CE has a lot of neat mods like that

I don't know about DIE, but his story would have been better off wrapping up than this, yes

I like the new Sentinel design, it's sleeker

twitter.com/masoncobb/status/846579140027297793

Your move, 343 shills.

I'm so hyped for H3A, can't wait!!

Pic related speaks for itself.

Competitive Halo players are such whiny plebs. No one cares about competitive play, no one has for years. It peaked with 2 and pretty much disappeared shortly after 3.

The only reason it "seems" like people do currently care is because Microsoft are literally throwing millions at it to try and make it happen

Now imagine if Microsoft actually did something useful with that Money, like port over Original Xbox games with Remasters like they're doing with Voodoo Vince. Phil has a massive boner over Original Xbox exclusives but then again this is Microsoft of course they wouldn't otherwise put that money to use on something worthwhile.

Reminder to not respond to bait posts

While i partially agree with you and i think 343 shouldn't focus too much on it, it's a straight up lie saying no one cares about competitive Halo.
Have you forgotten how much everyone cried during Reach/4 when they dropped competitive settings and ranks?

___(you)___

Ever heard of a vocal minority?

I'm pretty sure a lot of people just wanted Ranked playlists too, not a game designed for the ground up to play for the competitive minority.

>Hey dude can I get a little ketchup on my fries?
>Sure dude have the whole bottle

A good competitive game has potential to be good for everyone. A shitty casual game is only going to be good for casuals.
See: Halo 4

>No one cares about competitive play, no one has for years. It peaked with 2 and pretty much disappeared shortly after 3.

Gee, I wonder why? Couldn't have anything to do with sprint and abilities could it?

Bottle > packets

Shut up, Reach was good.

I agree, but denying that it hasn't caused harm to the series is plain denial.

If anything, it was Halo 4 that really harmed the series. Reach was a good change of pace.

Define "good"

It drove away tryhard MLG crybabies.

oh so it got rid of the competitive aspect of a competitive game series.

While I can't disprove that image, its credibility is highly suspect and suspicious. Halo 5 normally pulls something like 3,000 viewers or less on twitch, so to see that number suddenly increase at a multiple of twenty four the day the championship starts doesn't make much sense.
But what makes even less sense is that Halo 5's active population is also nowhere near that. It hovers between 15k and 25k (on a good day). So according to twitch, there were fifty thousand more people WATCHING halo during the championship than playing it?
Again, I have no hard incriminating evidemce, only circumstantial stuff, but I find the legitimacy of those championship twitch numbers very hard to believe. We already know Microsoft stuffs PC rigs at e3 to run its games instead of consoles to make the brand look more capable than it is, this wouldn't be out of the question either.

>halo
>competitive
kys

Last time I checked halo was about shooting people in a team format, so yes it is competitive.

Last I checked, it was about the worldbuilding and story, which Halo 5 is shit at.

The trick has always been maintaining that balance of competitive and casual play, as to attract as many players as possible.

Reach was the first game to majorly distrupt this balance. I don't care how much you like Reach. Hell, I like Reach, but the fact is it punished competitive play in favor of lolsorandomfun moments too much and drove away a could that was already being eaten up by Call of Duty.
It was thus Halo 4's job to restore this balance, and it failed mistlrably, going even further down the casual rabbit hole.
Halo 5 noticed this problem, but swung the pendulum too far in the opposite direction. It's the most balanced game in the series, but it's also the sweatiest, and that along with newly introduced restrictions (must have a console, copy of the game, and gold account to play) kept enough from coming back.

The failure of the Xbox One is also to blame partly.

Not it all. It had everything to do with 3 being a floaty mechanically horrendous turd.

>drove away a could
Meant "crowd"

>Not it all. It had everything to do with 3 being a floaty mechanically horrendous turd.
Halo 3 was the most popular halo game by far.
It's true the MLG scene started to decline during the 3 era, but I'd attribute that more to the presence of growing competition like COD.

if using a generic sci fi setting is world building sure.
>Story
What story as far as i'm aware the only game in the series that has story is halo 4 and its fucking garbage.

Are you stupid?

Nope. Are you?

Yeah I can agree with this.
I like 5's multip-... well, I like the arena I mean, but I can understand why so many don't. It's very off putting because full teams of tryhards are constantly shitting on new players. The speed of the game has a lot to do with this.

Halo 3 was shit, but it wasn't as bad as pre-patch Reach. It was at least possible to salvage a competitive game with a bunch of settings tweaks.

>118
As someone who just finished a Halo Co-Op marathon with a friend (started w/ 1 and just finished 3, moving on to ODST Monday), Halo 3 really didn't age well at all... And it was my favorite one too my junior year of HS.

Last i checked, it was about fun custom games with my friends, which is Halo 5 is good at.

>no splitscreen or LAN
No it isn't.

>Last i checked, it was about fun custom games with my friends, which is Halo 5 is good at.
Great idea user! I'll invite some friends over and we can all play some custom games and maps just like the good ol'... oh wait

Nice UI.

We posting custom ones?

I use this one.
It's simple but I like the gold font and addition of the subtitle.

My friends live on the other side of the country. It's a shame i'm not a cool guy like you and don't have friends that live close to me.

At least change the background or something

That one would be fine if there wasn't a blue beam right in the middle of the screen that blends in with the menu options.

Is that user who posted comics still around?

I'd be up for reading a bit with /hg/

Halo 3 would be perfect if the FOV wasn't so narrow.

I want to play Halo 3 Anniversary.

Yes i am but people around here get triggered when people post too many images.

Agreed. I liked the addition of the item power-ups (despite it opening the door for armor abilities), x5 scope for non-scoped-guns, and the driving level was a cool throwback to Halo 1... It just didn't give me the same magic playing through it again w/ couch co-op that it did years ago.

Halo 1 did and 2 sorta did too... I'm hoping brODST-co-op is just as good.

H-Hold me /hg/, i'm literally shaking and crying right now. Why does 343 hate money so much?

Either you post the comics and trigger a few or I bring more Nickies and trigger all

Whatever.

Yeah, it would be nice, but think about it like this: do you really want another MCC? Do you really want another Halo 5?
Both projects suffered because 343 was trying to do too much. They're simply too incompetent to handle both 3A and H6, but at least they recognize it now.

By nothing focusing on H3A, Halo 6 will benefit.
We will get a 3 Anniversary later down the road from the fans.

Not happening user, sorry. Have this cool concept art as consolation.

I agree with this 100%
They'd be better off just getting a small team to work on polishing MCC or at least bringing H3 to backwards compatibility.
H3A would be nice, but with 343 at the helm I'd rather not have it at all rather than get them to fuck up the third anniversary game in a row.

>links it to act man, favyn, latenightgaming

These. People. Are. Not. The. Voice. Of. The. Community.
Seriously. Favyn has like 9,000 subscribers and late night is a forever alone faggot simply craving attention.

So how long until Raycevik ditches the other 3?
He has more than double the subscribers of Act Man and LateNightGaming and more than 8 times Favyn's.

He is only lowering himself by hanging out with them

They're scared that more people will play a remaster of a decade old game than their """""new and improved""""" Halo..

Or maybe people don't want to play Halo 3 again when they could just plug in their 360.
Remakes and remasters are fucking stupid, I'm not buying the same game twice.

They didn't make CEA or H2A, Saber Interactive and Certain Affinity did so this isn't a case "we're too busy to work on both H3A and H6". My guess is that the TMCC is still too recent from everyone's memory and they want to avoid remasters for a while so they don't get bad reception from the community. Even if H3A was perfectly polished and functional, it would most likely get poor sales thanks to the TMCC fiasco.

Don't be ridiculous user, sales are always great for them.

Hopefully soon, he sounds like a pretentious asshole, even LNG is somewhat likeable.

You will not know when I will strike but you will know that the shitposts will be on your hands

Nah.
There's plenty of teams that can do what saver does. 343 doesn't want to lose any H6 resources on server maintenance and what not and I understand that.

>people expecting 343 to remake the most popular game in the series
>when they could sell you their shitty microtransaction halo with no splitscreen instead

This guy gets it

Joke's on you fucker, they already confirmed splitscreen for all future Halo games.

Why is Halo 1-3 so awesome?

On the one hand you have a Story of classic epicness, trought with implicit speciesism and natural order. A war of tribes, Humans versus the Covenant, and the Flood an even enemy of mass spreading.
It's an epic story, one that will make you cry if you are high on the dope. In Master Chief's emotionless helmet, you sense, deeply, a real sacrificer. A man who gave his whole life to save his tribe, even if they started him off in the SPARTAN program by unlawful means. Tears rolled down my eyes because he was the definition of loyalty, of absolute, sheer Godliness.

They confirmed it for Halo 5, too.

No but this time is official, not a random and ambiguous tweet by retarded employee.

And when was the last time 343 told the truth?

Well they said monitor's bounty would be released on december and it was released in december, so there's that.

Halo rules the games in terms of proportion of war. Surely, any fiction can beat this just by defining objects as larger than the halos, the ark, and the ships in the game, make it on an intergalactic instead of just galactic. But Halo captures the small parts building a great, =great= empire. We sense the humanity of the marines, in their upgraded-WW2 uniforms. They are expendable, but necessary as a buffer against the numbers of humans. Master Chief is part of a species, a group, that must survive for their own sake.

I want to drive a scarab!

when i was a young boy playing halo 1 i wanted to fly the pelicans
thanks to halo 3 odst, i can fly a pelican
thanks bungie

What do

How can you defend this?

You can't

Got to run
Search for system 32 files
Delete

You can't

It's not even the main venue.