/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Will never get to see Londor:
>1.11 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839063734797566

>1.12 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839596812166515

>Ringed City DLC stuff
pastebin.com/4mUsZWmv

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

first for harald curved gs

first for /dsg/ should stand for disappointment souls general

Second for is it good?

>haha remember artorias yeah what if his CAPE was a fucking weapon that shot red souls and he has three stages and for some reason doing damage to him causes fucking lightning to come down isn't that so COOL

Went in on my NG++ SL120 guy and holy fuck these things hit hard

SL80 NG should have a better time of it, no?

NO TRACERS
NO LEDO
NO FIREKEEPER MASK
NO ENDING

RIOT

HEY LONDORFAGS HOW'S IT FEEL TO BE A LORD OF LITERALLY NOTHING HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Where do I find the ringed knight set and the spoopy head?

>he doesn't remove demons as a black knight

>Fighting Midir
>Slashing his head with my sword
>Suddenly hear DUNNN, and Midir suddenly falls to the ground, stunned
>No fucking way
>Try for a critical attack
>It works
>Cut out 30% of his health in one second
>Only has enough health left to fill "Darke"
>He leaps back and tries to do his deathbeam ultra combo
>RULES OF NATURE run my way all the way to him
>As he lays his head down slash him like a madman and win

>Midir is just King of the Storm 2: More HP edition

Fuck Memezaki, just when I think you've created a near unstoppable dragon boss this shit happens. What a fucking joke.

>forgot to give Transposing Kiln to Ludleth
>he's dead now
I fucked, right?

Not sure about the head but ringed set is farmable.

>KILLING THE GIANT MAKES HIM RESPAWN WHEN YOU RELOAD THE AREA

Aren't you a little short to be a black knight?

I figured out how to snipe the second summoner but I cant find the third even though I'm on the bats.

Was this the only overall path I could have taken? Do you need to fight the bats to progress or are they a dead end boss? Am I missing out on an NPC invaider by killing them?

Is Earthen Peak invading viable?

NG+9 is giving me legitimate prostate cancer at SL120

NG+9

gael oneshots you with ordinary attacks in his first phase, demon prince is literally impossible without a tower shield strategy (chip dmg through havel's shield alone causing 200-400 damage)

angels kill you in about four connected hits, harald ogres do about ~1900 average hits

this shit was not tested AT ALL for NG+ scaling and i fucking love it, it's like playing some difficulty mod created by a literal child

>this is the end of Dark Souls
>beat Gael
>give blood to the painter
>nothing happens
I'm fucking calling it, Vaati is gonna be like "UH LEAVE IT TO YOUR IMAGINATION" or "IT'S UP FOR YOU TO DECIDE WHAT WORLD IT WILL BE" or some tripe like that.

What a fucking let down. Good fucking riddance.

SO THE SPEAR OF THE CHURCH IS BASICLY A PVP BOSS FIGHT RIGHT??

Bats are to progress. Not that I'm aware of. I think Zoey is the only NPC there, and she's not an invader.

The third is hidden on the way to the 2bats' bonfire. Instead of jumping in there, go to the right and follow the tree root.

You really aren't supposed to be at maximum NG+ scaling at SL 120. Of course it isn't going to be balanced for that.

One is above the fallen over building, you climb a branch to reach it.
One is under the hut by the cliff.

Is this right?
>people knew how to drive humanity wild since very early times, but it's application was limited and "controlled" in scope, the humans of TRC used it to forge weapons and armor
>Gods recognize the danger and punish the techniques inventors
>Oolacile learns how to do it from TRC
>they invoke the technique as a part of whatever experiments they were doing on Manus (what could go wrong :^) )
>OH GOD OH SHIT IT'S EVERYWHERE
>Gods: I WARNED YOU ABOUT THE ABYSS, BRO! I TOLD YOU!
>FUCK IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Yes. You get the covenant off of Midir and you can be summoned in as the boss. My first go at Spear of the Church was some fuccboi with a FUGS who rolled away from every attack in phase two and waited for the paint guardian to heal, and then got hyper aggressive.

Fuck, I meant the bonfire before the bats.

Yeah but with constant mobs with way too much health who heal your opponent, hope you like it.

What? I could have sworn I went down that root, but it just led to the guy I sniped from above to get rid of the second angel. Iys the dude near some twinkling titanite, right? I killed his ass, third angel is still spawning.

friendly reminder to invade the SHIT out of this bonfire if you enjoy having redundant amounts of embers for minimal effort

the best part is when you invade a haggard someone who has freshly slain the summoner, knowing that their death will see them his return from the bonfire vantage as soon as they load back in

Being a spear of the church is actually extremely fun

even against a host + 2 phantoms you stand a chance as long as you back up your painting guardian buddy

Who put the big autistic retard giant in the first area of the Ringed City
I'm assuming all the other giants left him there because he doesn't know how to do anything other than constantly summon phantoms

Post QTs in desert sorceress chest with cute tummies.

only one or two painting guardians spawns after a player gets summoned

one before, one or two after

Eeeh I fucked the guy I was fighting over, in my first try.

Oh, sorry. So if the angel by the swamp is the only remaining, go to the root that leads to the pyromancer slut, but instead of going forward, turn back and you'll see another root leading to the roof of a ruined building. You'll see him when you get there.

Wait, so he's up high? I went and sniped a guy who was down low by basically standing directly beneath the second angel.

>oy, what could make the Gael fight more epic?
>dunno, random lightning strikes?
>say no more senpai

If you get an opponent who just fucking runs away the whole time its really obnoxious. Easily the worst boss in the DLC.

How do you get to Midir? I already beat Gael?
How to unlock the door at Inner Ring Bonfire?

What's the significance of the Ringed City?
Where was it before worlds end?
What happened to it?
What's its significance to the greater story?
How does it relate to past events?
Why is the whole world blended up together but the Ringed City is still standing?
What was the significance of Fillionare and her egg?
Why did waking her up transport you into the middle of nowhere?
What was the significance of Midir?
Who the fuck is Gael and why does he need dark souls to give to the girl painter?
Who are all those lords with the dark souls?

And most important of all;
you visit the Ringed City before fighting the Soul of Cinder, after which you get to make a choice. This choice (especially ushering the age of dark) would render the girls painting essentially irrelevant. So what the fuck is the point of her painting?

No, Manus was one of the Pygmies that went to Oolacile. They probably slap a DO NOT OPEN sign on his tomb when they realize he was going nuts but the later generations forgot and just want his sweet abyss magic.

Oh, thanks.

The answer to your questions are one and the same. Turn back at the church and you'll be reunited with flame.

(non-rhyme: there's an elevator near the halfight boss)

yea my boss was a guy who got low, had no painting guardians left and spent like 5 minutes just rolling away

there needs to be a time limit in some way

GET SPEARED SON

so those things have S scaling in STR/DEX/INT/FTH

wonder how much their damage can be boosted by, if at all

i'm trying to summon a phantom to help with spears of the church, but it says "unable to summon phantom" every goddamn time. anyone else having this problem?

You killed the second one.
The third is above the fallen over building in the swamp, along a branch.

are you retarded or did you just actually make a comment to make yourself feel good without giving what you said any logical thought? you're a weaboo so I legit don't know

No, it's the other way round. The Age of Dark does nothing because the Dark Soul holders are all withered husks of senile old men. Her painting lets you start afresh without any of this futile linking bullshit.

>turtle clerics with the death aoe attack

Yeah people are snagging them up because that fight is a load of hot garbage.

So, Lapp is DaS2's Patches, right?

Is Ludleth one of those crawling lord guys from the end?

Which DLC bosses can you bleed?

The Ringed City was the original settlement of humans, where the Furtive Pygmy and his immediate descendents set up shop in the ass-end of the world, since that was the only place Gwyn would give them. They've been hanging out ever since.

Gael has been searching for the Dark Soul because Humanity is the pigment needed to paint the painting, with blood as the binding agent. Problem: the blood of normal men is too dilute to use as pigment, and so Gael has traveled to TRC in search of the Pygmy Lords, rulers of TRC and inheritors of the Pygmys personal Lord Soul shard. He hopes that by killing them he can acquire blood suitably concentrated with Dark Soul to be of use to his lady. Unfortunately for him, the Pygmy Lords (and all of TRC) has been hidden away, and are only exposed when time and space fall apart at the close of the Age of Fire. At that point, the Pygmy Lords are so damn old that their blood has fried up, and so Gael consumes their Dark Soul shards in hope that his now ultra-concentrated blood can be used instead and that the overwhelming power won't destroy him before he can return to the Painter.

Hiding away in the Painting is a pretty good plan for waiting out the Dark + Grey until a new fire comes into being.

Is this better than Earthen Peak? Spawning in and using chameleon seems to be doing well. Gotta be patient though.

Yes

I am glad From had the balls to do that boss again despite the obvious flaws of that type of boss.

All of them? This will make Gael and Midir a lot easier

Guys i jist finished the dlc on a new character and i think ive found a secret ending but i did a lot of sequence breaking so I'm not sure exactly what caused it

yeah, thay figures. well would anyone want to help a guy who's awful at pvp put on ps4 for spears?

as a rank 1 spear of the church fast on the way to rank 2

this boss is absolute fucking cancer to solo, any time i load in and the host has no phantoms i just feel bad

i dunno, how do you like the jingle of people just tripping up and dying to the archers the moment they see your invasion message

if anyone runs out of the bonfire area, you can functionally trap them in one of the little tombstone cubbies and bully them with firebombs until they run out and die, or just plain die to whatever you're pelting them with

>No, Manus was one of the Pygmies that went to Oolacile
Manus was lying dead and buried in an ancient grave underneath the city, presumably there since the city's founding, and during his life he was a normal man, not a crazy abyss-infected monster. He didn't go to TRC on account of being dead at the time, and he wasn't the father of the Abyss before his revival, either.

I'm not when its worse than Old Monk.

Am I supposed to do this while that cunt is spamming his spears?

yeah, that figures. well would anyone want to help out a guy who's terrible at pvp out on ps4 for spears?

I would have liked to fight the Pygmy Lords myself desu

how is it worse than old monk? you just run in there and slap around an autistic giant until his handler shows up

no tower climb, no wait for the boss-player, just clean and simple

the only real issues have been from painting guardians and boss-players having literal infinite hyper armor without any visible causation of it from the moment they spawn into the room. no idea what causes that, and it's not the spear poise aura shit either

Thanks to whoever suggested gnaw on prince, he bleeds like a pig

>Parting flame trail doesn't stack with fan
O N E J O B
N
E

J
O
B

>have to play the game again because my savegames were too old
Shit, hopefully I'm still good enough to speedrun that shit.

Yeah sure put down a password and tell me where to drop my sign.

I already woke the princess.
is the Midir quest still active or i fucked up?

Yo these Ring Knight spearmen are pretty fucking bullshit. Or does the abyss let you manipulate gravity and change direction mid flight?

Midir is only hard because of the amount of damage he does -_-

Now that Dark Souls is over, I just hope Miyazaki's next ps4 exclusive is as well optimized as Nioh.

Yeah it's active, it's just Shira's that fucks up. You need to fight him on the bridge so he falls, then find an illusory wall through that doorway halfway up the elevator shaft near the statue of Gwyn and the Pygmy, you'll find his arena under there.

He's a primodial human though and his soul is a fuckhuge clump of humanity. That pretty much fits the description of the pygmies to a T.

>-_-
you need to go back

doesn't even do that much damage desu, except for his blue laser

i use heavy armour + steel protection +3 + dark stoneplate ring tho

>people saying Gael is a shit fight
Fuck no, this fight is awesome.

Lore wise Gael is strong as fuck, since he was able to get this far.

thanks, password will be "butts" and i'll be right outside the fog gate

I'm willing to help
Pass? Where do you want the sign?

My only available char is ng +++++. The posts in these threads make me very wary before starting.

Old Monk didn't have adds that healed him.

On my way.

haha dude epic moveset epic cape epic crossbow AND epic lightning
thank you miyazaki

Its a tribute to Orphan you fuckwit

the more the merrier, pass is "butts" and right outside the fog

it's artorias are you fucking retarded he even throws a body at you EXACTLY like artorias orphan is an actual boss fight that does its own thing

>killed Uncle Grandpa before Maleficent
>lady behind door wont talk to me

did I fuck up?

>Lore

It's missing

the damage and health scaling in the new DLC is going to blow your fucking mind, and not in a good way

that said, it's a pretty good 'challenge', but be warned that it's going to totally invalidate a vast number of builds due to the fucked up enemy scaling.

i had a ridiculous time even killing a generic enemy in less than five hits until i just gave in and went back to generic 40/40 quality to ooga booga them with raw hits

artorias is harder than gael especially if you consider dark souls 1's stiffness

Yes, but it was a lump of genle, docile, not-wild humanity, originally. Being able to invoke Abyss magic for forging and sorcery purposes =/= shitting Abyss everywhere into the environment like an absolute madman. What were talking about here is like the difference between being able to use Chaos embers to make Chaos weapons, and destroying Izalith by shitting Chaos flame all over the place.

Ancient humans knew how to drive humanity wild since ancient times, but it was a (dark) fire they were playing with, and they were finally burned when they drove Manus's humanity wild and he spawned the Abyss as a physical location, a "lake" of wild humanity, that we know it as today.

Dark Souls 3 doesn't have lore. Its a bunch of nonsense.

If sl 80 was about normal for dlc1 then what's the intended soul level for dlc2?