imgur.com/a/wZ4tJ/layout/grid
imgur.com/a/AvobE

>Fancy Builds
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SNzEwaWhUWlZzN28

>Wave banks - music replacement
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SQU5Id0l6YklQam8

>Texture replacements
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SM2dHT20xTWlieGc

>OP pasta. Please use the info from this link when creating new threads.
pastebin.com/raw.php?i=X8aFHVtu

Old thread

H-hello? We alive?

I forgot to go on the server yesterday for any length of time, is it as dead as this general now?

I'm considering buying this game, haven't really played anything seriously since Skyrim and this looks quite fun.

It's definitely worth it, the price has always been low but after the updates it's been amazingly good for the cost.

My advice to you on starting is:
>Do softcore characters until you know what you're doing (which will take a long time). 'Normalcore' sounds more appealing due to the name but is just unbelievably annoying.
>For singleplayer, start with small/medium-size worlds. Large gets tedious if you're new.
>Play/explore until you don't know where to go next, THEN look at the wiki. Don't start there, the guide is ingame for a reason.

Right on. I'm a linux tard so it's even better.

I love games where I have to explore and find shit, many knock on Two Worlds but what I loved about that game is the world...lots of shit to see and the sheer amount of items.

Any up to date total conversion mods?

Good timewaster, worth the few bux it costs.

If you mean what I think you mean with "total conversion" there's Super Terraria World. It's alternatingly pretty impressive and pretty shit, though.

reposting from last thread

Any good examples for castle towers? planning on building a castle around this town so it's more of a castle village.

why aren't we making a Veeky Forums mod yet
how can we be more retarded than /sbg/

No, I just think we have to organize better.

>t. meemay

"We" usually implies one person who codes stuff and a lot of "idea" people doing basically nothing.

sounds perfect

forgot image

Too tall.

I just realized something. Do I even need NPCs? Obviously I need the guide to advance but the biggest deterrent from me starting a new playthrough is my need to have full housing for everyone before I start, and I only have like 4 houses right now out of like 25 or whatever NPCs. Do I even need these assholes?

Technically, no.

Really, I would recommend nurse, demolitionist, goblin tinkerer, mechanic, and then a good portion of the hardmode npcs.

If you want the tinkerer's workshop, then yes

If you dont want too many houses then just hollow out the leaves of a living tree and build cheap housing there, out of sight. put all useless npcs there

So what's in the next update?

like the sticky says, crystal furniture and more golden items

It's supposed to be a blacksmith thing. How can I improve it?

Rolllllllllllll!

Rerollllllllllllll!

Criticism?

Any servers up?

So I just started playing with a few mods, and I'm very impressed with how well made thorium is. I'm also amazed at how garbage tremor is.

The interior is alright but the exterior is terrible. Sorry I can't give any advice on how to improve it.

Took me 1 1/2 hours just to finish this castle thing and it only looks mediocre..

How can i get this grid thing?

It's not half-bad.

The torches stand out too much. And I agree with the other user, the exterior is bad. Try rounding the edges.

It's one of the ruler items. I forget if it's the normal or mechanical one.

I like it. It's not really a castle at the moment, more of just a wall, so you might want to replace the building in the middle with one that looks like it's part of a castle. Maybe look up how other people have designed parapets in terraria to help improve yours.

Left is ruler, right is mechanical ruler.

Forgot image.

That grid is an option you can enable in the options menu. The big options menu, the one you get when you're not into a world. Maybe you have that turned off. Or maybe you don't have the item that lets you view that grid yet.

Thanks! No idea why it isn't in the ingame settings.

It looks like an exterior, is it supposed to be just a roof with no walls/doors? I'm not quite sure.

If it is, I would actually put the roof over that portion of the chimney, it would provide a better sense of it actually being covered.

Also, if it indeed is supposed to be a building with no doors and such, I would add some straw or stone floors somewhere, something rustic like that, and maybe a water pit (the barrel is ok, but seeing actual water near the anvil and furnace has a better effect I think).

You can make diagonal chains for drawbridges from minecart tracks, not sure if you have them yet.

The outer portions of the wall (adjacent to drawbridges) should have a gate building/gate tower/whatever, with an interior with a staircase and some drawbridge raising/lowering machinery.

and it's still too tall

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah it's supposed to be an outdoor thing.

There's actually a well nearby, I could move it closer if you'd think it would look better - it wasn't originally part of this little build. I added the stone floor and moved the roof in front, does it look better?

That's cute, user. I like it.

Oh dang it actually looks like a wall to you guys? That's what I was going for.
I'll give that gate tower thingy a go. Funny you should ask if I have minecarts yet, Skeletron Prime and the Twins both spawned two nights in a row but I beat them despite being severely under-prepared.

this was agonizing and it took a lot of time, not going to lower height of wall

I made a tree

Yeah, this looks very nice now. PUT SOME STRAW SOMEWHERE THOUGH. I don't know, I think a stack of it just lying around would fit the whole theme.

Also, you have holes under the window shelf thingie, maybe use boreal wood for the platform, I think it won't make holes.

>straw
*or hay, whatever the hell it is in-game

Tree looks good, is it supposed to be planted in a stone planter thing? I would hammer the blocks around it to simulate some curvature in that case.

Do you mean like hay? It wouldn't blend with the blocks under when I tried it

Aw, I was hoping maybe there was something else revealed since then.

Also you could put a bush or something to the right to mask the hole between the counter and the support beam. Or maybe extend the wall if you're missing a wall somewhere in between, not sure what happened there.

I'm an always hardcore player in games like this (and most games in general) and even I will admit that hardcore in terraria just isn't fun.

I still do it, but that's because I literally wont stop playing unless I'm at risk of losing my character.

Autism and ocd suck bros

>total conversion mods?

This doesn't really make much sense in the context of Terraria, user.

Do you want a fundamental gameplay change? Those sort-of exist but they aren't exactly enjoyable.

If you only want an alternative route of progression, I'd suggest Calamity but it works better as an addition to vanilla progression rather than a replacement.

Why? Just clear the goblin invasion then buy it from the goblin when you find him.

You don't need him to move in to purchase it from him

paint those leaves red

I'm not quite sure what it's supposed to be.

Is there a way to call worldgen after a world has been generated? A biome from one of my mods didn't generate and I wondered if I could trigger it somehow

Terracustom can create modded worlds. Try that, maybe.

Seems to only generate new worlds not edit existing ones

I've played softcore and only softcore since 1.1

I've only ever played on Large worlds in all my 1000+ hours playing Terraria. Are medium or small worlds worth it?

It's a trophy house.
No.

This is the prettiest spawn I've ever had.

That area to the left looks like a nice place in which to build a lakeside house.

Nothing's worth it anymore. The end of the world has happened as predicted. Every virtuous person has been spirited away. We are left to rot here forever.

Since you've stuck with Large worlds, Small or Medium are probably not worth it, except as resource worlds you can pillage and then delete.

Well, duh. Once a world is generated, you can't generate anything anymore unless it's from an event, like breaking altars.

I'm playing online with the thorium, spirit, and rpg class mods on a large world and so far we haven't found a ton of new stuff. There is barely any normal biome, doesn't seem to be any surface caves, you have to dig super deep to hit any caverns in general, enemies don't spawn nearly as frequently as just the thorium mod being enabled, and ore seems pretty scarce. Is this a bug or did we get super unlucky with our world generation?

Yes. I prefer medium when playing alone and large when playing with friends

Which biome was it?

It's easier to help if we know specifics.

I use small worlds for speedruns but somehow this isn't actually optimal

>spoiler
How so?

How long does it take for you to speedrun the game?

Wall of Flesh takes me about 30 minutes on average, and my quickest run was 24 minutes.

Moon Lord takes about 5 hours.

Cavern generation on small worlds forces you to dig a lot more, which is way slower than running cavern to cavern.

>Cavern generation on small worlds forces you to dig a lot more, which is way slower than running cavern to cavern.
Huh, I see. So I guess using medium worlds would be a compromise, then?

What the fuck? 5 hours is not fast at all.

The way those leaves wrap around the support logs is a really nice detail.

Guven that some of those mods alter the world generatuon, I guess it's the mod's fault.

How can I improve this little garden detail?

I think I like this a lot more.

I didn't like the planter box interaction with the block beneath it so I replaced it with a line of dirt.

Sorry for blogposting.

Wouldn't call it blogposting, if it was then 80% of everything here would be blogposting

Blueberries are fine, but also try some strange plants.

What is that wood underneath the dirt line? near the middle of the structure

Boreal Wood painted brown

bump

Quick, You are given the task of making throwing damage a fully fledged class with it's own gameplay feel
What do you do?

That's... actually a toughie. With shuriken, knives, spears, molotovs, grenades, bombs, dynamite, and some other throwables I'm missing, the available thrown weaponry to add in seems all tapped out. Tricks like knives on a string would just work like yo-yos. Hmm, it's actually really tough to come up with anything.

Make more weapons like the bone glove. Some generic ones that just boost damage, and then specific ones that'll change how their specific thrown item functions.

5 hours is about as fast as you're going to manage with any given average world gen, dude.

Go ahead and try it yourself.

New roll. I'll fix the exterior and post it, too.