/simg/ Simulation Games General

Aesthetic edition
A thread for all vehicle simulation games: racing sims, flight sims, train sims, submarine sims, tank sims, anything else sims which do not have enough traffic to sustain their own independent generals.

>Extra attention grabbing search terms
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/

>TeamSpeak
ts3.nogf.moe

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/SimulationGamesGeneral

>Website
simg.nogf.moe

>BMS download links
pastebin.com/2CDSgvZq

>Air, Land and Sea pastebin
pastebin.com/aN1f84Db

>Repository of various aviation related material
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E&usp=drive_web

>Link to this OP text
docs.google.com/document/d/1eaAdM0Hyu3WwDTyilKPxsbQYK9L2NVPoDIZ5vYD6TLw/edit?usp=sharing

>Example of welcome games
Falcon BMS, DCS World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Euro truck sim, Craig is a god, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Silent Hunter, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, OMSI 2, DiRT Rally, Ship Simulator.

>Example of non-welcome games
Ácé Cómbát, Wár Thúndér, Wórld óf _____, Ármá 1-3, Thé Síms, Sím Cíty, Góát Símúlátór

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BtO3k4CDb8M
youtube.com/watch?v=mGFIIoBicZc
youtube.com/watch?v=o7WMQUDGDD4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

aryans are gey

1 t/w ratio is overrated

first for hoggit memes lads

rear mounted twin-engine T-tail short-mid range airliners > all

DC-9 family/BAC-1-11/Tu-134/F-28

Do you think playing simulators a lot qualifies you for handling these vehicles in real life?

I mean obviously I'm not saying you could fly a military jet in real life, but if you were on a plane and for whatever reason the pilot(s) couldn't continue flying it, would you be able to fly it to an airport and land it?

nth for cute planes

My favorite jet fighters are from the 40s and 50s, is there a sim that has some of these planes? I know they are in War Thunder but I mean a real sim made by competent people

I know DCS has an F-86 and a MiG-15 but I want to fly a Hunter, an F9F, a Meteor, a Me-262, etc

I'm going to go half way and say "ish"

I wouldn't consider it unreasonable to suppose I could put a plane on a runway in such a way that we'd survive. I would however say the odds of the plane ever flying again are near zero if I'm flying it by hand.

If it wasn't probably more expensive than my curiosity permits I'd pay someone to lock me in a simulator without any further advice and try that theory out.

why the fuck is the mirage iv label floating so far away from the mirage itself
i mean it's left of (and above) the fucking tu-160 for god's sakes
get it together gooks

DAE love watching Nutnfancy? especially his pilot stuff?

youtube.com/watch?v=BtO3k4CDb8M

discuss nutnfancy plane related topics below

degenerate anime and frog posters please leave this thread as soon as possible

Can you decently play BMS on a shit laptop (ux305 with intel core m something, integrated graphic card, 4gb of RAM and an SSD) if you turn the graphics down enough ?
I'm thinking of doing this (and buying a used stick like a X52 or T16000M or whatever I can find) because I'd like to get into sims but I'm poor and I think it's my only option.

Afraid not. Would've been nice for ED to do Korea instead of the 500th WWII sim

SABOW!

This image triggers me because the artist didn't even give the RAF pilot the correct uniform

I was thinking the other day what would happen if /simg/ was inside a MiG-21 and if they would be able to actually get off the ground

but maaaaybe

if something goes wrong then you're probably fucked

Jack wouldn't be able to land.

who needs to land when you have an ejection seat :^)

>F-16

I feel most of us might be able to take off and land if they can get over the force sense stick.

nice thinking comrade ))))))))

>if something went wrong you're probably fucked

mate 90% of the drills for something going wrong in the manual are to just eject

oh that makes sense

great game, have all the dlcs
but again,
>fly mirage III in six-day war
>SAM LAUNCH
>boom
>dead
how the fuck do I avoid spikes without chaff

nigga just fly on the ground cuz sams cant shoot the ground

lrn2 evade.

Or don't fly out against target areas that haven't been worked over by SEAD.

you know some poor soul has to fly weasel for someone else to spot the launch

>sams cant shoot the ground

WRONG

I forget which one but one of the early SA SAMS could use their radar to shoot a point on the ground.

Okay so DCS World is free and comes with two basic plane models, and then you have to purchase other planes separately? Is that correct?
Or are there big packs that come with a bunch of planes?

Which plane should I buy if/when I decide I like DCS enough to spend money on it?

if you post 3 BMPs in a row in the thread it summons stimpak, fact

youtube.com/watch?v=mGFIIoBicZc

But sf2 campaign system usually assigns a single SEAD mission on your target area, which means the SAM launchers 30km away can still get you, because deserts are fucking flat and the closest terrain is 100km away.

think again

Flaming cliffs is a must, from then on honestly just research planes that are in and make a decision on whether you want them

Try to get them on sales though x

Fly at low alt is my strategy.
If you want to cheat, an oddity I learned is that nothing seems able to track you if you fly at low speed. I've had an A4 skyhawk limping home with horrible damage at low alt near stall speed, SAMs just don't target and MiGs stall and crash into the ground trying to gun you down. Fun to watch.

>SAMs just don't target

Could be flying within the notch? Doesn't make sense though, stationary site wouldn't need one.

A-10C is good for ground pounding if you're willing to learn how to use it. Ka-50 is the only attack helicopter in the game. Flaming Cliffs 3 has the three best fighters in the game if you're into air-to-air but they don't have clickable cockpits or detailed systems modelling, so if you want a full-fidelity fighter you'd have to go with the Mirage 2000C. There's also the MiG-21 for third world shithole ops, and the viggen for low-altitude supersonic attacks on pre-planned targets or anti-ship work.

Really just pick up FC3, or if you want to kill stuff on the ground either the A-10C for fixed wing or the Ka-50 for rotary wing. We're also getting an F/A-18C eventually.

>F/A-18C will be 120 USD because it does both A2A and A2G stuff

>notching, a maneuver which requires you to be below the radar emitter, a ground-based radar

>any time something explodes in DCS, the game hangs for a full ten seconds
>DCS is installed on an SSD and I have 16gb of RAM
>this is a recent issue

wad da fug :DDDDD

Did America lose the video of touching the Russian moon?

Did America land on the moon?

No seriously I want proof, also prove to us that the jews got gassed.

I dont give a fuck, I want facts.

jews made the moom
hitler made jews
who made hitler?

the jews
they made him so they would have something to bitch about for all eternity
the ultimate false flag

Ffff....

Kim jumg eel Landed on the moon before Americans did.

This is a fact, touch his peepee

What facts do You have America?

>Kim jumg eel Landed on the moon before Americans did.
What made you think so?

told me when we were in the pub

> tfw you realize all your troubles in dcs come from the fact that those fucks don't support azerty keyboards

I mean come on it can't be that hard to configure, and everyone is ok with this

Shits and giggles =)

Its a known Ruski fact that America is a Lunar Virgin.

Please provide Virgin America.

This lady did?

No factual evidence comrad.

Not trying to be funny, but PeePee was first.

Oh what is this?

mig 25

reminder

thats pretty cool, but also kind of bullshit. most pilots wouldn't shoot at a someone in a parachute (although the nips probably would, but they seem to also have a weird code of honor so maybe not), so for him to shoot the pilot seems kind of bullshit

The nips did shoot pilots on chutes, but that particular image is a fabrication and the story is a lie

no matter how much rebel wants it to be true the anime posting little runt

>last week raptor was the animeanon
>this week rebel is the designated animeanon
whats going on here?

>only custard thinks this is true
this is not mad bants

It's not too far fetched that it's both?

The only animeposter is actually tony. He has mental problems and hates furries and anime but actually his alt-personality posts both.

proofs

Anons, how could i motivate this pair of 29´s to go home and don´t try stupid shit?

I turn on my radars so they see there´s 4 planes coming their way, but they insist on engaging a canadian Aurora and then trying to shoot down my F18´s with pathetic results. I tried plotting an intercept course and then slowing down to loiter speed in range of their radars so they have time to run away but they take it as a personal matter and try to fight...

Is there any way to make them understand they area outgunned and should fuck off back to Teheran intead of being killed and getting muh qt fulcrums destroyed?

cust i tho you were my smart lad

But i post anime planes and my name isnt tony

is your name ynot?

i'm a bottom and want to be someones rio when the f14 comes out

I saw on QI that they tested in a proper simulator whether hobby pilots of small planes could land an airliner if they got all the instructions via radio. The result was that each and every one crashed the plane for one reason or another, so they didn't even bother trying with people who had never even flown an actual plane.
I guess it would be similar for most people who play sim games at home with consumer-grade hardware.

Il2 1946 + the jet age C.U.P MOD

Just a heads up B.A.T has overtaken C.U.P and also has a .exe to help install

>you will never be a pilot in the 1960s
why even live in a world of such cruelty?

First I'm hearing of this

Is there anywhere i can pirate payware for old versions of FS?

2004 still has some torrents up and Latin American blogspot pages still link to functioning downloads (I'll never mock a Brazilian again. Literally our greatest allies.), but for 2002 and before there's nothing (well, I think a few 2004 sceneries work in 2002, but that's it.)

You'd think someone'd have stuck stuff up on an FTP somewhere and forgotten about it, but nope, zero. Even the official microsoft expansions seem lost to the sands of time.

No

But I idolize him :3

> fly first flight on FSX&ivao in years
> pick up two staffed airport for dep / arr
> fuck up my pushback, wrong way
> cruise goes all right
> as i begin my descent XXX_APP decides to go offline
> 4000' on a radial near the ILS, TWR fucks off too, so now 3 traffics need to coordinate themselves
> completely fuck up my ILS, didnt even capture it idk what happened; im sure this 320 need new suspensions after that slam dunk

this has been fun.

Watch this and weep
youtube.com/watch?v=o7WMQUDGDD4

>a qt can land an airliner while your dumb fat faggot NEET ass can't

>tfw I'll buy it anyway

I'm about 80% sure I could land a Dehaviland Beaver in an emergency.

Would you lock yourself up in chastity for me? :3

Only if you post your dick

Going tesco lads want me to pick you anything up? x

you know what to pick up lad

I'd like to pick you up lad

Dolmio
Carbanara

BAD DOG, GET OUT

>still no new GT:MF DLC

>steel armor will never have mp
>steel fury will never be remade
>dcs still shit
>bms dead in the water
>1946 is dead

ill play bms ops in 3 months user

hello

will there be something new in 3 months?

i'll just be home to my rig

i see
thought something would come out
oh well