I am going to buy a used 2014 silderado 5.3l 4x4 ltz with the towing package (pulls 11k pounds) tomorrow...

I am going to buy a used 2014 silderado 5.3l 4x4 ltz with the towing package (pulls 11k pounds) tomorrow. What should I look out for? I hear some of the new chevys vibrate like shit (chevy sake) and gmc refuses to fix them

>pic rel, one of the trucks I am checking out tomorrow

dunno why I thought I might get a reply, this board is nothing but 20 year old poorfags who only buy 15 year old cars in cash

Can't help you out with Chevy half tons as much as I could help out with the old and new 3/4 tons. Watch out for the vibrations and if you experience them in the vehicle you're looking at it/test driving, punt.

What do you tow? If you tow, why 4x4 and why not the 6.2?

We only discuss real trucks. Not crew cab short bed mall crawlers

>crew cab
That's GM's extended cab in OP's pic

buy a GTR it's faster than anything GM has ever made

I don't tow, and have nothing to tow, but if I do decide I want to buy a boat or a trailer i will be g2g.
>crew cab
it's a double cad smart guy
>We only discuss real trucks
you guys don't discuss shit about trucks there are like 2 threads in the entire catalog. 90% of the threads are about old shitty used cars a college kid would buy.

Get a single cab long bed then I'll give you advice in a truck

why don't you go ask someone else then, assblasted cuck

>single cab long bed
>single cab
End this meme, extended cab and crew cab are objectively better.

It has 4 doors retard

I agree. With a crew cab, I have enough room to transport my wife's sons.

they also don't make many single cab 4x4 or ltz often, because it's a poorfag model. All the 4x4 5.3l i have seen so far have been extended or crew cab. Probably more common in the lowest trim without 4x4.

it's a double cab, the crew cab is bigger. 3rd door is gay and I am glad they did this, also automatic windows

Just get an suv at that point

>It has 4 doors retard
read a book, nigger. their newest body style extended cabs have four doors. I own an OBS extended cab

exactly

yea, you might would have to special order one to get exactly what you'd want. I know a guy on duramax forum who has a single cab dually 2017 L5P duramax

>Just get an suv at that point
but how do I fit a bunch of shit in the bed? and a bunch of shit in the cab?

The 2014 and newer are supposed to be a big improvement in quality over previous models. I had an 06 1500 that was fucking terrible in every regard except the engine at least kept going (only 4 years old when I bought it).

I now have a 2012 Tundra and it's a fantastic truck. But I haven't owned a 2014 Silverado so... can't really compare.

I'd suggest checking out a Tundra and see which you like better.

I cannot afford to special order a custom lol, thus why I am buying a 29,000 dollar used truck. If i had enough money I would buy this

Oh I know. That wasn't my suggestion. I wouldn't recommend a single cab.

Veeky Forums hates trucks that aren't old and rusty

I'm from a Chevy family and too bias, but I do like the toyota but I'd rather a chevy or a ford

it's curious how most people on Veeky Forums are poor and have shit cars. on /k/ everyone has nice guns, on /g/ everyone has nice desktop computers.

as a /k/ommando, it's a lot cheaper to get into nice guns than it is to get into nice cars.

I've spent enough on guns and ammo in the past year to cover a 350 dollar car payment for the year

Multiply that by 5 years and you could have yourself a five year old Hyundai Elantra. Wow!

someone with a chevy/gmc truck/suv model 2014 or later please tell me how bad the chevy shake is. I saw several videos on youtube with the chevy shake but this truck has sold millions between 2014 and now

We got cars. Like I said. Only discuss real trucks.

This board is pretty awful. I'd say most people here are between 15 and 21.

yeah but ur truck is old , how much can it tow?

Yea but that's when you thought the truck he was looking at was a crew cab

Then why you getting a 4 door?
4 doors is a crew cab. I bet you think a 4 door BMW is a "grand coupe" just because BMW says so.

You own an extended cab. Are you saying gm no longer offers extended cabs?

the back seat is the same size you stupid nigger, they just designed it so you don't have to use that garbage 3rd door that you can open in a tight parking situation, and use a door is actually door handles and automatic window instead. It's superior in every way. The picture I started the thread with is not a crew cab, i've said it several times now, it's is a DOUBLE CAB, comprehend?

same truck from the online listing I posted my original image from, it's no bigger than your back seat. this is the new extended cab, they call it a double cab because it has door handles

What a surprise, the car board with a demographic of mostly college kids mostly has threads about cars that college kids are interested in. Whodathunkit?

Reddit newfags need to go back

I guess so if they got rid of the half doors.
>Doesn't see the advantage of suicide doors/half doors

Here's my truck 11000 pound towing

The two rear doors are shorter than a crew cabs rear doors idiot. More room in the bed than that of a crew cab.

>vibrate like shit
It's cool ima painter.

I know the 3rd door very well and it is a piece of shit.
>disadvantages include
>entry only on one side
>does not work in a tight parking spot
>passenger cannot get in or out the back seat without your opening the driver side door
>passenger cannot get out the back seat without being let out or awkwardly reaching around after the driver door is open
>window doesn't roll down
it's complete trash and the double cab is no larger but has all the functionality of a real car door

See now I've been on your side thus far on the extended cab thig, but you do realize that a lot of those extended cabs, especially GMs open on both sides?

>doesn't tow
>wants an xbawkshueg truck
Kill yourself.

fair enough. I just know my fathers 3rd door on his 4x4 chevy and I dislike it and it doesn't open on both sides. Having to get in a small back seat and then slide down for the next guy is gay, having a exit on both sides is an upgrade but the rest of my complaints still apply

>xbawkshueg truck
>silverado 1500 5.3l
wut? I'm not going to buy a faggy chevy colorodo

You don't even need a truck. Get a sedan faggot.

Sedans are fuckin gay, I have a 2013 2.5l sedan with 35k miles on it and I am trading it for this truck. being 6'3" in a sedan is bullshit

Drive something German. They're made for tall aryans.

>Work in GM speed shop
>guy walks in
>"I just got a CTSV"
>Wants to have it built to 700hp
>says he just sold his GTR because it was boring

Get that shit tuned, run only 93. Have DoD turned off.

I only buy american, except for my shitty wasr

>run only 93
fug dat I am running shitty cheap gas

Please kill yourself.

Those engines love 93. Don't be a fag and buy a newer car and give it shit gas.

Whatever its your truck.

It opens on both sides you fucking idiot

I'm not really a car fag I am going to drive it 5k miles a year, never wash it or service it minus oil and tires, and use shit cheap gas. If I was more into cars I would have gotten the 3.5 ego boost f150 but I cant be fucked to deal with a turbo and extra maintenance.

>wow that totally refutes all my other argues
it doesn't, and older models didnt open on both sides

awh, did user have a bad day?

It shows you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

>says the dumb cunt who thinks the double cab is a crew cab
wew lad
my father has a 99 chevy with a 3rd door it opens on one side just get the fuck out of my thread desu fampai

Well as a platform, the Chevy would shit on the ford in performance. That V8 can make some mad power. Without the turbo.

the 3.5l turbo f150 actual is faster, pulls more, and has better mpg (so they say) than the 5.3l chevy, but it has carbon buildup issues and won't last as long. I live in florida and the heat and likely buttfuck my turbo in no time, thus I chose not to get it. If you do any research ford shills act like it's the second coming of jesus to have an aluminum body turbo v6 but honestly fuck that trash. I'll take the proper steel body v8

>I only buy american
the truck your buying isnt even american. maybe the brand but certainly not the truck.

yeah I know been niggers make it and toyota makes their trucks in the usa but still, i like chevy and I want their truck

I guess we're at a disagreement. I don't think the style of doors matters

pls

Sorry OP, I can only speak on the 2017 L5P duramax

all the models have been know to have the chevy shake, yours doesn't I assume? I've seen posts of people bitching the denali has the shakes

also that is a super bad fucking truck, nice job. this durashit meme can fuck off and die

No shake in this truck

been great so far, but too early to speak with certainty of course

My dad owns a 16 yukon and it doesnt have any of the buffeting/vibration issues. He did test drive a few SLEs LSs and LTs and got an SLT in the end because it was the only one that didnt make his ears pop.

You should look at buying a Ford. My 2003 F150 pulls 12,500 pounds.

It's nearly impossible to find a 6.2 on a dealer lot. They don't sell a quarter as well as the 5.3 and for good reason.

Doesn't matter how much engine you have in a half ton, above 10k lbs towing, you're limited by the frame.

Also, I'm pretty sure the 6.2 requires premium, which means it is a high-strung truck motor. Not a good combo.

Nice topper grandpa. Got any matchbooks sticking from the dash seams?

Because computers and guns are cheap you fucking moron.

Chevy shake is real and it sucks ass on freeway drives. But if you're just keeping it as a ranch or farm truck then it's fine.

OP. No issues with the GM product. I just traded in a 2011 2500 Duramax with 287,000 and ordered a 2017 3500 duramax. Gotta wait 8 weeks but oh well. BTW, they gave me $8000, in trade, for a truck that needs $6000 of work to shut the CEL.

You sold a 2011 Duramax 2500 for $8,000 lol. Did you check the OBD code yourself?

Least gm's sports cars dont have 10+ driving assists and have an available man pedal

Don't pull of I-70 much further.

I have a $30,000 Toyota Tacoma sitting in my closet but it's in the shape of guns and ammo. Be smarter than me, kids.

It'll be fine bro, I've never experienced gm wobble and I drive beat to fuck wageslave silverados on a regular basis. The only thing you really need to worry about is servicing it regularly, you'll start to run into issues above 100k miles if you fail to follow proper maintenance intervals

M8 you could have got 15K or more for that selling privately, even with the code on. Kids are just that stupid

Yes. 3 fuel regulators on the truck. Replaced the easiest one first, next required to dig into engine($2000) and if that wasn't the problem it was the injector pump.($4000) I'm not dropping $6000 into a truck that has almost 300,000 miles on it. I depend on this truck for my lively hood. No fucking fun to break down towing a skid steer or at 2 AM while I'm plowing snow.

Op here. I got it, black truck. Faggy red car is the one i traided in. 33k miles for 29000k, z71 4x4 with towing package

looks good, bud. Good job

Thanks! Pretty happy with the purchase. Got a good payment and intrest rate too

thank you I like it as well. are matches still a thing?

err. no?

>mfw GM and Ram were forced to do this because they couldn't make safe trucks without b-pillars