I've realized I love popup headlamps Veeky Forums. Can we have a thread dedicated to cars with pop-up headlamps?

I've realized I love popup headlamps Veeky Forums. Can we have a thread dedicated to cars with pop-up headlamps?

Starting with an obvious classic

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=irqYUCth4SU
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They need to bring back pop ups. My body is ready.

Honestly I think it's just one of the coolest features a car have. Maybe because I don't see them a lot in Burgerland, but damn if I don't feel something when I see a driver flip them up.

Actually now that I look at it, it's legitimately the best part of the Miata

dump incoming

What about pop-up air intakes?

Pop ups da best

I have an old '88 celica with about 180k miles on it, just finished college so I'm hoping I'll have time to work on it. It's in great shape mechanically, just needs new fenders and paint and seats to be reupholstered.

these cars need to be fixed

>that front plate

dump over

>Cant find a clean, stock 240SX to drive around in and enjoy
>240s will never be cheap again
I blame those stupid drifters that turn everything nice into shit

Feel the same way about Ferrari 308's. Like 8 years ago you could get a good one for $25k. Now they're like $60k

Oil prices man.

We're on a market bubble for used cars, exotics and high ends especially. The market will crash eventually and prices will even out, it's just a matter of time and patience.

If oil; prices spike or the economy collapses again, people will unload and the people who saved their money will be off best. Like they have been in the past.

>not posting best popups

oh shit nigger what are you doing

sorry senpai. got mine for $2400. it aint stock anymore tho. i "ruined" it by buying new suspension parts

no, that's fine. I'm talking about those people that take a stock 240 and gut the entire interior, swap the entire engine, etc and then crash it the next weekend doing a skid

Why does nobody make pop up lights anymore?

objectively shit in every way

complete waste of money

Because it's ugly, only man child living in mothers basement would shill for them

Costs more money than normal lights and is another point of failure that can possibly go wrong
The styling is very 1980s and 1990s and the majority of consumers (who don't give a shit about cars) want modern, bloated styling

Tertiarily related question, because I'll be fucked if I'm going to make a thread about this:
What's wrong with front-mounted wing mirrors?

why does that pic looks like a videogame

it's the lighting. Always look for vegetation. That's way too hard to do in CGI

youtube.com/watch?v=irqYUCth4SU

This is a very fine celica hatch. I love the looks.

Sexy

Muh hatchies
Muh eurobeat
Muh satisfaction!!

>one of the headlamps have begun to grind
>replacements are ~$300
>can get a complete fixed headlamp conversion for that price

You must have a buick reattta or some murican pile of junk.

i feel u. i know one goy with a clean s14 kouki he takes gud care of. p much looks like this

OC from my MR2

Safety regulations killed them.

They're not very nice to passengers when they're up.

Passengers or pedestrians?
Fuck pedestrians.

Also, they tend to become difficult when the gearing mechanism decides to RIP.

Pedestrians, fuck

wait are you saying the pic is CGI or real because of the vegetation?

What car is this? Looks like a Firebird but im a Euro and I have no clue

fiero without a bodykit

>ctrl+f "headlights go up!"
>0 results

maybe

Love the NSX

>I've realized I love popup headlamps
Wow you're so unique!

Cute!!!

Jeez user I just wanted to start a thread where we could all have a good time lighten up

they only exist in the first place to get around minimum headlight hight laws
advances in technology made them irrelevant

daily reminder that 480 a cute

Should I buy a Mazda 323 like this one?

Pic is real . retard

No reason not to, if the car is in decent condition.

Look for rust around the rear axle mounting points, that's the only model-specific weakness.

I had one for a couple of years, it's the ideal shitbox

Paid 3 grand for mine 5 years ago. Bone stock, full interior, clean body, factory KA in good shape and had been converted to a 5spd, had been recently resprayed the factory red, no rust, 120k on the clock, uncracked dash, etc. Was some middle aged guy's weekend toy, found it on Craigslist.

Haven't found another good one since and get a lot of offers to buy it from teenagers in parking lots but I know I won't find another good one if I let it go.

gently rolling it onto that dirt road for a picture triggers my autism

>Hey, user. Sorry to hear that your girlfriend cancelled plans....

>Why don't you ride me instead tonight?

Fuck I love the coupe.

Yeah, it's the 128 hp DOHC version, so probably more fun to drive than my current shitbox.
It seems to be in good condition and has only ran 16,000 km, maybe I'll make the trip to check it out.

Stateside, what are some good cars with popup lights to look for? Obviously there is a Miata, but honestly I was thinking of something with some backseat space

>managed to find a decent HACHIROKU* on craigslist
>*sedan
>clean, stick, reasonably cheap
>"oh this is ni-"
>SR-5 and not GT-S
>mfw

>TFW every Impulse/Piazza I come acrossed is in shit shape

Feels bad man.

Buy it and pretend your Itsuki.

It's basically an 85 with 100 extra CC.

No posts of the best car of them all?

Or for a grand less I can get an AW11 with a silvertop swap and pretend I'm Kai.

Akina Speedstars are my favorite team, but I'm not sure if I wanna travel to the other side of my state and drop 6 grand on a worse version of the tofu meme mobile, just to cover it in Akina Speedstars and Lonely Drivers stickers.

Yeah, if you wanted to do that, it should be an 86 with the proper 4AGE

Order replacement gears, pop the housing open and replace gears. Cheap.

Some cars only use 180° of their gears so you can just flip them around.

>16,000
dude wat

Sorry, I meant 160,000.

1990-1992.5 Mitsu Eclipse GSX (&& Talon TSi AWD, && Laser RS Turbo).

Because having pop-ups in what is basically a 2-door Evo I is splendid. And the generation with flip-ups is not susceptible to crankwalk.

that blink is so fucking good

\(゜ロ\)(/ロ゜)/

The Starion has an unusual look with popped up headlights. It looks unnatural. It looks like it's concerned yet also somewhat creepy. Not to mention that this was yet another example of brilliant Mitsubishi engineering.

>glass cylinder heads
>patented Mitsubishi CrankWalk™ technology
>SINGLE (1x) overhead cam, for a total of EIGHT (8) valves
>fuckhuge turbo that wouldn't spool until the engine was at 6-7K RPM, when the glass cylinder heads were about to break

No wonder they all returned to the earth.

Why is that Probe giving me bedroom eyes?

Is there somewhere I can find more of those old Japanese street racer pictures with the yellow datestamps on the bottom?

saw one in traffic some days ago, its amazing how ugly these things are. i really want one.

>tfw anything like pop-up intakes and headlights will never return

Sweet thread