/bdog/ Black Desert Online General

>What is BDO?
Black Desert Online is an Korean MMORPG by Pearl Abyss. It features action-oriented combat, open world PvP territory control, player housing, unlimited levels, life skills, and more.

>Latest Patch Notes
forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/forum/6-patch-notes/

>Mod Info
undertow.club/threads/black-desert-online-resorepless-nude-mod.9098/

>Guides, guilds, Olvia Channel FAQ, and other info
pastebin.com/tGWk2bru
docs.google.com/document/d/1JnFambQifvui7-V68QMsfuXuhAuu4C0NsVJCxJIv84E

>EnHANCEMENT it's fucking >ENHANCEMENT< Guide
blackdesertfoundry.com/2015/05/19/enchanting-and-sockets-guide/

>NewFAQs
Newfags might be overwhelmed by the information overload at the beginning. Do yourself a favor and "turn off system notifications" in the Settings>Game options. Check everything in that window.
Avoid lag by turning off High End mode in the Settings>Screen tab. Be sure to check "Remove other's effects" and uncheck "Display other's names" for an enjoyable world boss experience.
For everyone's sake, read the links, Google it, and Ctrl+F, BEFORE asking the same stupid question other people previously have in the same thread.
If you don't know if the game is "worth it," ask for a guest pass in the thread.

>Previous

160/230

>can't get any of my weapons past +12
what is this shit I've literally gone through my liverto's durability twice trying to upgrade this piece of shit and both my awakening weapons are at 50 already too
is +12 fucking cursed or what

elrics or rogues

I'd rather eat dicks.

once you repair it once with artisans memory the enchant rate goes up dramatically

if you have 4 pets elrics is alright, elites in mediah are good too
you can try to head into valencia as well, you might need a little more ap but bashims and desert nagas are good for you atm

>Play a tamer
>Kind of slow
>Squishy
>Boring as hell
>Mediocre damage
>hurr durr you only dislike the class because of muh node wars
Switching to Kuno and then Witch was the smartest thing I've ever done in my life.

You're not gonna get better money/h than Sausan or Pirates. I personally like Bandits, decent money and exp.

>already used 4 artisans memory on liverto
the motherfucking thing just doesn't wanna upgrade at all

Try manes or wandering rogues

pirates

Why are Tamer players always such cunts and crybabies?
Don't worry you will go back to Tamer, it fits your personality.

I just wanted to quit playing but got my kzarka to TRI. why does this game want me so much?

>money making
>bashims

I'm not retarded, nice try.

I said not pirates.

>money making
>i'm not retarded
>not pirates or sausans

Yeah I'm not retarded going to spots that are packed by groups 24/7. Retard.

>susans
>pirates
>good for money
LOL
they're only used for XP

Why are you enhancing your Kzarka if you want to quit?
Your subconscious want you to keep playing.

>pirates
>not good for money
okay retard

Hurr durr why can't i make money in 5 man group?
2 man group with everything going to special deals is hard to beat for silver if both have good clear speed.

well then don't complain about spots that are worse in comparison
you should just lifeskill instead since you're this dense

retard alert

theres a reason people choose those places over places with similar or better exp

Don't offer the literal worst money making spot in the game, when you can offer 5 way better and easier ones, and I wont complain.

If you already know 5 "way better and easier ones" why don't you go there?
Seriously the retardation on some people.

I'm gay
I also love to suck futa dicks, even though I'm a girl. Actually I never sucked any futa dicks, like hello? Could someone force their stinky futa cock down my throat? I've never been forced to suck futa dick, desu.

tfw no bbc bf

I'm just asking other people for opinions, mongoloid. But literally everyone knows bashims is the worst grinding spot for money.

Is the new dark knight class that seems to be front and center on all their pages also shit?

Yes unless you play tamer you are going to be bottom tier.

>another week of no DK awakening
holy fuck, why did I reroll

I have a question about ordered looting. Does it evenly distribute all loot, even whites? I know about special deals, but my question is the things that drop at sousans that you turn on for gold.

If I have 4 pets and someone has 1, would the trash loot be evenly distributed between the two of us, or does the person with more / better pets get all the profits?

For example, before I had 4 pets I was grinding with a friend and only special deals was on and he got 8,000 armour fragments to turn in (8 gold) and I got 2,000 (2 gold) and that was when I had 2 pets. If ordered looting was on, would we each have recieved 5,000 armour fragments?

Ranger any good?

ya

Rangers are great!

OFFICIAL TIER LIST

S++ Tier
Tamer, Maehwa
A+ Tier
Ninja, Ranger, Dark Knight
A Tier
Valkyrie, Kunoichi, Sorceress
B Tier
Berserker, Witch, Wizard
F Tier
Musa

is tamer literally the best class in the game right now?

i want to sit on your lap

Actual tier list

S++ Tier
Berserker, Wizard, DK Awakening
A+ Tier
Sorc, Warrior, Witch, Tamer, DK Post-awakening
A Tier
Ninja, Maehwa, Ranger
B Tier
Valkyrie, Kunoichi, Musa

accurate except tamer is S+++

>post
pre

I just finished nier: automata, someone fuck me now in BDO! I need that BBC

S+ should only be chars that are gods in siege/node
DK doesn't belong near that.

Laps are good seats!

no thanks, you're ugly and annoying

NA or EU?

>tumblr

>Dk awakening
>Not god in siege/node
Dk awakening is literally a better wizard

ur right man, when DK gets awakening they also get healing and DPS buffs for the group!

>siege/node
>relevant
topkek

What a retarded answer, expected from somebody who has never done sieges.

DK isn't close to Wizard usefulness.

They get to kill you in one hit at 150 ap, sounds more than enough

haha yea man 1v1 and grinding pve matters more, +1

it really feels like dumb waifufags are the ones replying

>haha yea man 1v1 and grinding pve matters more
glad you understand

And even then Wizard is better than DK, ask any Korean.

as a totally new player, does it matter much what i spend my energy on? i see its kinda like archeage's labor points. are they as important?

cringe

No, not even close.

I'd say grab conversation stuff when you can, and try to empty it out gathering trees, throw all the tree shit into your bank.

>30 minutes at sausans with 200% EXP and 100% Olvia bonus
>10% EXP

yeah I don't think this game is for me

5 hours for a level is really not bad.

Yeah, but that's with the 200% daily grinding time shit. I guess I could just grind during that every day.

>1h grinding with 100% daily EXP buff and 100% weekend buff
>Under 0.1% EXP

what do conversations generally do in this game? quests?

How can this game be THAT dynamic and then feel clunky as fuck at the same time? The jumping, the vaulting, everything outside of combat feels so weird.. I want to love it but.. Fuck.

do i use regular ap or awakening ap when adding together my gearscore

whichever is higher

It's just for unlocking knowledge stuff. A few of the conversation options have other uses, but completing knowledge topics grants energy.

i have a warrior, wizard, and berserker
which should i focus on

just move to korea to get the best experience and fastest internet infrastructure at the same time! wow!

alright thanks.

Tamer

Tamer

>moving to a third world shit hole.
user please

tamer

It's not even the latency, it's just how the game is, like playing Kuno sprinting and jumping it feels like she stops, then proceed to jump straight, land heavily for 1 solid second and then you can control the character again.
I just love to run and jump around feely, I think WoW destroyed my fucking MMO life.

>tfw i seriously was considering maining a tamer the other day

I'm afraid the awakening is going to be super boring.

>Musa 55
What skills should i keep after hitting 56?
Other than passives and mobility ofc, considering keeping the ones i have skill addons on for regen

>I'm afraid the awakening is going to be super boring.

It is, i got tired after getting mine to 57.
On the other hand switching between awakening and shortsword is very nice since there are skills that allow you to transition seamless between them.

>WoW
So in other words you want to play a game where the character feels like they're not even part of the world and also have zero weight?

Pretty much yea, that's fun to me.

i just started playing and i noticed this as well, especially the jumping. doesnt seem so bad as to turn me away from the game but just for instance running around the starting area doesnt really feel smooth, and i dont mean fps wise.
i wonder if playing with a gamepad makes any difference? if thats even a thing?

I mean movement in WoW feels nicer than in BDO because you don't rubberband when dashing/climbing, jumping is consistent albeit floaty
climbing over shit in BDO feels really slow and obtrusive but it's interesting at least

Chop all the wood!

At least in WoW you don't constantly get stuck in a million pebbles or some shit every few seconds.

Come on, man, I don't even play WoW but I know that it probably doesn't feel like dog shit while just moving or a billion people wouldn't have played it.

It doesn't which I think is one of the main reasons it was so successful when it first came out

Private servers still struggle with getting Warrior's charge to feel even close to as good as on retail. It's kind of amazing how huge of an impact slight details on movement make.

No they don't, that was almost 10 years ago, stop lying.

Where did you pull that lie from? I played on Nost and it was just like vanilla retail.

the problem is that there are too many things in the game world that you get stuck on if you only so much as look at them, also collision with npcs, while it does add a little bit to the immersion, also makes moving around in towns/cities feel like shit because you constantly get slowed down

>collision with npcs
this fucking triggers me so much, I hate doing bosses and having some moron witch or wizard summon spawn on top of me and desync me, that shit should not have collision

But summons don't have collision

>doing a boss
>witch/wizard is the most popular class
>fucking faggot golems everywhere cluttering your screen and fucking shit up

Why the FUCK can't we remove those gay faggots just like normal pets???

They're working on this in Star Citizen. Coming from BDO I found it questionable and am not sure it will be fun.

Help, how much do i pre order a duo blue coral earing for??

75m might be safe, not sure though

are niggas really paying that much when they could invest in shadow rings?

Are pet birds worth getting for that knowledge gain and knowledge grade increase? Long-tailed Rosefinch is CUTE and I'm concidering buying 2.
Is the increased knowledge chance from accessories also worth getting if I was to get birds? Glasses are cute!