/dbdg/ - Dead by Daylight General

The distorted sound of autistic screeching in my soul

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical Online multiplayer. 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them
deadbydaylight.com/
deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki

>What is Friday the 13th?
An upcoming slasher game featuring Jason and counselors. 7 counselors with different stats and abilities try to escape the camp while Jason kills them one by one
f13game.com/

>What is Last Year?
Delayed.
lastyearthegame.com/

>Discord Chat
discord.gg/Eb3WFHz

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/dbdgeneral

>Latest Patch Notes (Latest comment)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/135508833661746793/

Hooked Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_3VeTyZyrIw
youtube.com/watch?v=8i6Eh3MS1zc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Only /dbdg/ can be so dead that the general dies before post limit.

>sacrificed prematurely
Will we survive?

There better be a great fucking update Thursday.

>sacrificed prematurely
What do you mean?

I can't believe Jason is still here, I thought he left these threads ages ago.

The last thread got hooked and nobody unhooked in time, so it was sacrificed to the archive entity.

>great fucking update
>Either a shit killer from a shit movie or a slap in bunch of shit another game

Its not looking good m80

Remove pallet looping
Remove post game saltmine chat
BAM balancing complete and salt kept at a minimum so less complaining to devs

The only way to remove pallet looping is to remove pallets.
That's never going to happen

Well, and add the anti-facecamping, anti-hooktrapping kicking mechanic.

They can make it so pallets can only be pulled if you are completely on one side of them, and remove the quickswitch pallet pull too. Then it would be way more dangerous and most loops would only work for like 2 runs before the Killer is close enough to land a lunge in the pallet.

Nah, there's plenty of generals that bad.

Forgot to add this to the OP

youtube.com/watch?v=_3VeTyZyrIw

>Outlast takes place in an asylum
>we already have an asylum
My reasoning we won't have an outlast dlc, bad diversity amongst the maps

fuck you

kys killercuck

Don't forget to mail him pizzas while threatening his friends and family on Facebook :^)

Kek

Why don't you actually learn how to play properly instead of using and perpetuating exploitive cheese?

That wasn't the usual Jason, that was me. I was chuffed about having just completed a ritual.

Damn. Guess it's time for you to pick up the mantle, user.

What's the consensus on NOED? Why isn't more popular? Even at Rank 1, only like 6% use it.

It seems too good not to be a staple, to me.

>dead perk until the end of the game
>Survivors just wait 2 minutes hiding at high ranks so it runs out and is just a dead perk again

It's seen as a noob perk and survivors will scream at you in the post game chat.

>>Survivors just wait 2 minutes hiding at high ranks so it runs out

No they don't

>dead perk until the end of the game
This is not a problem, is it? Either you get them all, in which case you didn't need that Perk slot, or you don't, and NOED triggers.

>Survivors just wait 2 minutes hiding
I've found they go for gates pretty unabashedly. If they aren't in voice chat, they wouldn't even know you have NOED until it's too late. And even if they try to hide it out, that's two more minutes to catch them you wouldn't have without the Perk. And if you get one, that's either a guaranteed kill if they keep avoiding you or it can snowball if they come for it.

So people don't use it because they don't want to be seen as noobs?

Beats me dude. It's great because people don't respect it, but then they're quick to berate you for it like it wasn't mostly their own fault.

That being said I haven't gotten got by NOED in like, 6 or 7 months. It is easily counterable if you just assume every killer has it.

Honestly most survivors are smart enough to at least bm right at the exit so noed or not they can crawl out and escape. I'd rather have more conventional perks.

Wtf the game actually gave me a Nea daily for once. Must be my lucky day!

Too bad I'm playing killer today though...at least for now

Playing killer is so fucking aids, im only rank 15 and survivors give me just as much shit if they get 7k BP and 20k BP...

Glad im not part of the pallet looping "GG fucking ez, kill yourself killer noob" survivors. Hope most of these faggots leave for f13.

i think i'm in some sort of voodoo magic zone today
thats 2 games in a row with a 4k

>It is easily counterable if you just assume every killer has it.
Is it that easy to avoid a Killer for two minutes?

Well the plan is to get them before that.
But fair enough on the conventional Perks.

I'm guessing this guy attached his facebook to his steam account...

>Steam profile private
Always

Don't really need the BP but I guess I'll do it for Jason.

It is if you have experience in never getting found in the first place. Plus I'll make big decisions based on it. I won't start the last gen unless I know the killer is far from it OR I know I can quickly duck somewhere that I know from experience has a high chance of keeping me hidden. I don't even try to touch an exit switch unless I know the killer is carrying, not "chasing" someone else, or if I know for sure he's like across map and even if he ran straight for my gate I'd open it in time anyway.

There's no rush to escape, just stay calm and re-gather the information you need on the killer's location before you try to open the gate. If I start the last gen near a gate I move further INTO the map away from the gate because that's the number one spot the killer will look, the gate next to the last started gen.

Damn Sloppy I wish I got that one sometimes

Play dirty, cheesy or funny builds and strategies to unwind. Don't care so much about playing well in those rounds. It feels good to realize the worst thing that can happen is that you waste a little time. All about mindset.

Is there any way to play this character that ISN'T a tedious and irritating pain in the tits for everyone involved?

>going full dumb with nurse addons
catatonic boys treasure and ataxic respiration is p. fun
does make it much easier to get juked during tele though

>I'm a really good survivor
>I run SC, SB, and loop pallets!
>Holy shit, did you camp me?!
>LEARN TO FUCKING PLAY KILLER!
Why is it okay for survivors to camp pallets because it lets them survive but its not okay for killers to camp hooks when it lets them kill?

I don't understand this false dichotomy survivors concoct where everything they do is okay, should be allowed, and is just good gameplay, but everything killers do is abhorrent.

Camping is camping.

How is it a pain in the tits for survivors to shit on her?

I think what she can do is either port between the final three gens, which won't be successful against good survs but makes good points, or she can stuff someone in the basement and plaster it with traps, which is actually pretty successful if they keep going for it. IG, Agitation, STBFL + whatever.

Or trap behind someone that's hooked. You'll down them again.

>Everyone involved.
user, if you're playing killer and not making survivors pissed off you're doing it wrong.
They will give 0 fucks about you and your enjoyment out of the game so why should you care about theirs?
You should be camping out of principle because they WILL come and they WILL throw tantrums about it but then say you just need to "git gud" when they loop pallets and be generally obnoxious twats.

Survivors are faggots, and the more you can tilt them, the better.

That seems basic, to be quite honest...

Everyone includes the killer, Anonymous.

You can't chase worth a damn, so you can't actually down anyone without the other survivors fixing that gen or whatever you left traps around. So after every teleport you get a hit in, then put more traps around one of the last three generators and wait for another one to be sprung. It seems mindlessly boring with no real alternative.

That's all I've seen from Hags, anyway.

>2017
>No streetwalker survivor
>Next survivor is going to be another worthless dude from some other game
REEEEEEE

>Trapping just hooks and just gens
user, you should be trapping junctions near pallets and other juke points around your control gens so that when the survivors try to beat a retreat your traps will disorient them and allow you to him them/down them.

>Plaster the basement with traps.
Do NOT do this, most likely survivors will either be on voice or already near the basement and will hear this and just not go down. You need a bait survivors will take.

just did a match with jenner's and anxious gasp
the 1 blink and zero charge speed hurt too much i think
it was fun to use instant transmission and pull people off generators though

what the fuck did you do to my recording shadowplay

I like the Jack O'Lantern eyes, but they make you way more visible...

Shrine

>Liking "I'm a noob, and damn right I'll camp you" eyes

Does the survivor item glitch have a trigger or is it random, and why the fuck have they not fixed it yet

Nice. I just bought Enduring.

Now it will show up in any of my Killers' web, right?

What are the reasons to get stuff from the Shrine anyway? Like I did it because I want Enduring on my Trapper before I start levelling my Billy. Is that it?

What cosmetic and killer should I play? I don't want to look like a noob.

>Rank 14
>9 games
>Still haven't been able to finish my 15 bell hits with wraith because everyone has sprint burst and loops pallets

Ugh.

Play whoever and whatever you want. If people get butthurt, just type "suckafuckadingdong" and leave the end game chat

hey does this game still suck

Jesus christ that's some fucked up anatomy

yeah

apparently using nurses blink ability is the mark of a bad player?

also saying rip is bm too what is wrong with this guy

Could be an Outlast 2 promo thing. Seems it takes place in some village. It comes out April 25th, so that doesn't seem too far fetched.

>teleporting with the Nurse
Tryhard.

>can't decide between DS and UE

which one should I get

>blinks over and grabs you
what now fuccboi

>Using your killer's ability makes you bad
Survivorcuck logic at its finest

>Why does this anime whore have such over the sexualized proportions?!
Really bro?
DS isn't worth it anymore

Does rank 3 Urban Evasion make crouchwalking nearly as fast as walking regularly?

I'd say UE, but I'm also biased because I don't play with training wheels and have been using UE since back when at rank 3 it was 15% faster

>Hiding in some grass downed near a hooked survivor to stop whispers
>Killer b-lines to me from across the map and picks me right up like he knew exactly where I was.
>Didn't have deerstalker
>Hadn't been not moving long enough for birds
k...

>anymore

wait what

what changed

Its an obsession now. Only the person who is the obsession gets to use it at the start like previous.
Everyone else get it randomly during the progress bar, so its harder to hit, but with IG its even harder to even get it to that point.

It's not much slower than normal walking yes.

Nice. Gonna save up then.

>when you try to swoop in for a dramatic save, but the noed too spicy

>Syringe
>Killer has noed.
What a waste

Is Hope is a good counter to NOED?

Maybe, but most people don't use NOED. It's far better to use perks that are always useful than something that may occasionally help you.

>atticipate/bait the lunch

this is how fucking retarded pallet loopers are

how do we balance this game

You have 90% of the playerbase jump to F13 overnight. All the problems with DbD will be fixed within two weeks.

I play with headphones, and the whimpering of a dying/wounded survivor is pretty noticeable to me. If I ditch a downed survivor to chase another, I don't think I've failed to find one back, assuming nobody stopped by to help them up.

In the end, Nea made it out.
So all is well.

Wraith said I scared him in the post game chat with the syringe though, so that was pretty funny.

Killers who can trap can no longer trap hooks but have a flat increase to setting time

Wraith can now damage gens in cloak and have 100% increased vaulting speed while cloaked

Hag moves at normal speed or loses her TP stun

Remove 50% of all current pallets from every map.

Remove killer auto aim on all killers including nurse

Nurse now has markers by default to show where she'll end up to compensate for her auto-aim being removed

Not moving for 5 uninterrupted seconds drops you from whisper's detection until you move again.

Sprint Burst is much faster and lasts a bit longer, but when it runs out you have a few moments of "exhaustion" where you flat out can't sprint, but the idea is that the burst lets you get so far away from the killer you can attempt to hide.

Is Michael Myers the only killer in this game who's actually scary to play against?

His stage 1 really keeps you on edge since he could literally come right around the corner without you knowing, and the music that plays when he activates stage 3 is that "oh shit" moment.

Hillbilly was pretty spooky before they removed flicks.

The problem with that sprint burst change is that the perk is tied with sprinting, so giving it a penalty after doing so is kinda dumb.

Hag still gives me a spook when you run into a trap that you're not expecting.
Myer only is spooky when he smacks you in EW1 but if you're rotating your camera often you'll very rarely have that happen to you

maybe

or maybe because he has the most fucking OP as shit addon in the entire game

It's a good feel.

Why does Myers always have that weird knife flipping animation after swinging as if he's going back to holding the knife downward, but magically clips back to the standard position?

Unhook!

IW best perk.

youtube.com/watch?v=8i6Eh3MS1zc

wow, I never knew how annoying survivorcucks can really be

These are the type of scumbags who go on the steam forums and bitch about being camped all the time.

I wonder how hard they'll fuck F13.

Did they slow down the chainsaw even more or am I going crazy?

Which region has the saltiest survivors/killers? I really want to increase my salt intake. I'm too nice to survivors and they're nice to me.

I want conflict dammit

Pick any region in Northeast America

NA

3/4 training wheels perks
This dumb idiot girl really needs to learn to play

Be sure to slug/tunnel anyone with a Twitch cosmetic for bonus salt.