/bfg/ - Battlefield General

Previous Thread: >>>NEWS

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/97255/battlefield-1-unlocking-the-m1911-doughboy
cjs-cdkeys.com/products/Battlefield-1-%2d-Barbed-Wire-Bat-DLC-Key-for-Origin.html?setCurrencyId=2
reddit.com/r/battlefield_one/comments/622qcd/epitome_of_sadness/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Naisu anime pic.

shitty buggy game

How do I get gud at medic? I can't seem to get used to the guns. I prefer the guns of the other classes but I want to help my team with revives.

Can we get the draw fag to
Hat draws the cute descriptions of the classes to do the elites as well?

>Guns
>Medic

There's your problem.
Don't worry about fighting. In fact don't even bother. Just stay behind your squad and provide heals and revives and they will do all of the killing for you.

Combat "medics" are just as bad as hill niggers but at least they can spot and leave traps behind or kill a tank that's about ready to die.

Why do i keep being reignited into flames even when im not near it anymore?

This.

Plus I would say, unlock the Autoloading 8.25 Extended or the ML Sweeper and spam-fire it whenever you need to defend yourself.

You're just unbelievably shit at FPS and can't handle having to even vaguely aim at the enemy.

Medic guns have about the lowest time to kill outside of a lucky shotgun distribution.

It's not about my skill. It's about seeing the medic icon in your death and seeing two medics near you that could revive but instead are playing pseudo sniper while also shooting rifle grenades all the fucking time.

Get the Mondragon. Try them all out, pick one. Stay at midrange if you can. Don't run out into fire to res idiots, just pick up corpses you can survive and toss pouches like they're candy.

They're idiots what do you expect. With pouch healing and the right guns medics can be the best run and gun class at close and mid range.

Or my playing style just doesn't fit the medic class? Im pretty good k/d-wise with all the other classes, just not with the medic. I'll just stick to what says

>pouch
Not him but is there a reason I don't want to use crates? I'll admit they seem pretty handy when you're capping and there's a dozen guys milling about right next to you.

very nice image op.

You have to stay near crates, while pouches give you a buff that heals you to full

Pouch heals faster, you can throw them a good distance, and the cooldown isn't that bad.

Duly noted, thank you.

>it's another weebshit OP

Am I retarded or is it hard as fuck to get an Operations game? I've never even been able to play since I always get put in empty servers. Why do you have to select the exact map you want? Why don't they have any quickmatch capability (or is there and I'm just missing it)?

There's a quick match option in the quick match menu

I still have to select the individual map and game size I want from that menu and I always get empty games

Are you guys daft? This isn't Team Fortess 2 or Overwatch. Medics have perfect mid-long range weapons. Healing and reviving take priority, but instructing medics to sit on their asses behind everyone is a great way to lose matches.
Hillhumper traps are never lethal by themselves unless the person who triggers one sits in a flame or gas trap like a retard. K bullets can be nearly be outhealed by instant repairs, even after the nerf. Hillhumpers are _cancer_ 99% of the time. They're worse than rifle grenade medics.

Use the Selbstlader if you can space out your shots instead of firing at maximum speed.
Mondragon Storm is probably the best overall medic gun, except for maybe the RSC variants.
Anything with 5 round mags should be avoided.

You might be walking over fire in the environment, or you're closer to incendiary grenade fire than you think. The visible flames aren't as large as the actual ignition hitbox.

this, the only reason I play the medic class is because the guns are amazing
imma disagree with this one though, the 5 round rifles are the best ones and the most fun to use because it's more difficult

Try the autoloading extended. Its larger clip means you can spam shots faster and more forgivingly. It is the strongest medic gun in the game, until about 15 - 20m,

In terms of general viability, the 5 round guns are the absolute worst due to requiring 3 shots to kill an opponent (excluding headshots).
Sure, they're a fun change of pace if you're really good, but so is the Kolibri. That doesn't make the Kolibri a good weapon.

These are some of the best overall guns added by an update. Past few games they add broken OP guns but these already feel well balanced and really satisfying to use.

Autoloading 8 has the best ttk in the game from 12 to 47 meters, I wouldn't really compare it to the kolibri that can't even kill a target with a whole magazine point blank (excluding headshots).

>what is a recoil
The 8.35 autoloader is probably might least enjoyed gun so far. I'd rather be using the Huot.

*my least

>someone kills you as medic/support
>picks up your kit and resupplies/heals himself while you just lay there watching
>moves on to cause more mayhem with your 'gift'
This makes me so angry.

Tell DICE that you want the Hardline mechanic that allows you to take health/ammo from uncooperative allied supports/medics ported to BF1; then you'll see this less often.

It's a high skill weapon. Little luck and aptitude and you shit all over people. RSC1917 is a slightly different flavor of Autoloading 8 with an emphasis on landing hits.

I do it myself from time to time, especially if I need ammo
It's just an awful feeling watching some guy's silhouette toss pouches at his feet while you stare at his service stars.

High skill requirement (3 shots to kill within a 5 round magazine) + low reward (2 max kills per magazine) = overall bad weapon. Unless the RSC has massive damage dropoff or ridiculous recoil (no, I haven't tried it yet), there's no reason to use the 5-rounders over it.

Precisely, it's not TF2 or overwatch. It's a war game. Howany medics run around shooting in war? Fuck none. They stay in safety with a weapon to defend themselves only, they should not be running around on the offensive like a god damn assault or support. I am fine with them shooting to support their squad mates but I see way too fucking many of them run and gun lone wolfing it pretending to be full blown commando. I wish dice would absolutely fucking nerf medic weapons to prevent this shit.

That's bullshit and you know it. No class is meant to hang out in the back and only support allies. If you're frustrated with lone-wolf medics, too bad. Go play ARMA if you want hardcore roleplaying instead of 4 combat-viable classes.
Look up combat lifesavers.

>ridiculous recoil
>semi auto rifles
lel

RSC can two shot out to 45~ meters. One of the fastest TTK guns but you have to get them in two hits. Balanced by the lowest ROF in class.

You could not implement anything even close to the actions of a WWI medic in a game like this.

The Selbstlader has a massive magazine and a decent rate of fire, but its recoil is laughable when compared to the Mondragon.

Apples and oranges, except one fruit wins out in the majority of situations. The 5 round medic guns are not the winning fruit.

>They're worse than rifle grenade medics.
delet. rifle grenades can be quite useful if you want to take a more offensive role as medic.

this can't be a serious post

>More offensive role as medic

This is more serious than a 100 service star artillery truck. Fuck shooty medics.

YOUR JOB IS TO HEAL AND REVIVE
RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>don't shoot your gun even when you get a chance just do nothing until I need reviving again

You can shoot and cover your squad mates. You can defend yourself. But your absolute priority as medic is to heal and revive your team. Not run around double tapping and fooping grenades into buildings by yourself then completely run by dead team mates.

Are there any good screen recording sites that don't require a log in?

>Doughboy M1911
>Barbed Wire Bat
>Billhook
>Kukri
>Saber

How do you unlock these? There aren't any assignments that I'm aware of for them, and I can't buy them at the Customization screen.

don't know about the first two, but the last three are only unlocked via puzzle pieces

>only got one puzzle piece recently
>it was for the Bartek Bludgeon

Fucking hell.

Either they need to make some way for the game to detect what medals you already have in giving you medals, or they need to let you select new medals.

This is the fourth week without a single new medal for me.

Turns out the first two are shitty promo things. Fuck, now I won't have that shiny gold completed numbering in the menu.

forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/97255/battlefield-1-unlocking-the-m1911-doughboy

Well I was a bit upset, but this guy takes it to a next level.

As a medic you're not supposed to be going for huge multikills. Hell, in general you shouldn't go for huge multikills. The Autoloading 8 .35 insures you win every 1v1. That's nothing to sneer at. For everything else there's your side arm if you need it.

Selbstlader 1916 doesn't have "winning fruit" either what ever the fuck that's supposed to mean, unless it means idiots flock to it. In its class it's beaten by literally every rifle within 20~ meters. Beyond that Mondragon/selbstlader1906/RSC/Cei rigotti take a huge dump on it.

>but it's got 26 rounds eggs dee

And? You're not around to use them because any time any other class is closer than 20~ meters you're fucking toast.

>Muh can only take out max of 2 guys before reloading!

You're a fucking medic, why are you alone retard? Furthermore you're not taking out two alert baddies with the selbstlader 1916 anyway unless they're absolute trash.

Compare the stats of the top players with the autoloading 8 .35 vs the selbstlader 1916, Especially their K/d, seeing as how that's what you're worried about: getting kills.

I say all this as some one who hates the 5 round SLRs. I much prefer the autoloading 8 .25 or the mondragon.

cjs-cdkeys.com/products/Battlefield-1-%2d-Barbed-Wire-Bat-DLC-Key-for-Origin.html?setCurrencyId=2

lmao

>Another reason why I like Battlefield so much is because I have a severe form of OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) that controls a big part of my life. Therefore I’m always looking to play games that can temper my OCD by collecting items, getting all unlockable stuff, collecting all trophies...
>Every time I start Battlefield 1 I barely can handle the fact that I’ll never unlock that weapon and the stat is keep showing I only need to unlock 1 weapon
>This is a way where I’m practically begging you to provide me in one way or another to unlock this weapon for me. Maybe by code? Or I’m even willing to pay for it? I’m just asking that you’ll guys please will help me out with this, probably ridiculous for you, but very important reason for me. I'm even willing to pay for a code just to get some ease.
>Can you please help me?
haha shit, poor guy

jesus

not gonna happen, dice is trying to make support and ammo boxes more important, if you can just go to someone and take ammo without him dropping anything then whats the point.

>Red piping on a M1907 saxon coat
>meanwhile the tunic underneath )that should be a 1910 feld tunic) has no red

Why cant anyone get the uniforms right?

You think that's bad?
Look at the rifle.
I assume it's the Gewehr 95 but where is the bolt handle?
It doesn't even look like there is even a bolt mechanism.

what's the best all-around zoom level for scopes on the snipers?

10X
Go big or use a marksman variant.

thanks

>But your absolute priority as medic is to heal and revive your team. Not run around double tapping and fooping grenades into buildings by yourself
what if we do both at the same time?

Which one of you wrote this?

I guess that's fine as long as you so it. I can't tell you how many times I've died, had three medics within 10 feet and not a single one revives but the are all crouching in ADS or launcging retarded rifle grenaded

>And upon all of that I put extra challenges in the game for myself, like getting 1.000 kills with as many guns possible helps me to control my OCD.
>Here you can find my BF4-stats stating that I’m blood serious about this topic.
i'm speechless

dude...

>make the repair tool a universal piece of equipment along with pilot/crewman primaries like carbines/dmr/shotguns were in bf4
>move dynamite from assault to scout hopefully cutting down on hillniggery
>move traps from scouts to supports to compensate them getting dynamite
>remove sweet spots entirely and make the bullet drop/speed more like bf4 instead of the near hitscan abominations we have now
>rebuff AA or increase suppressive gun variant damage to aircraft
>remove the trench fighter plane and ban anyone with more than 10 service stars with it
>see above for what to do with the artillery truck
>add some way to extinguish flares - why am I the only one complaining about flares?
>get rid of the prone or bipod deployed restriction to fire the AT gun

i fixed your game dice, how much do i get paid?

how the fuck are these guns like hitscans. they feel like shooting star wars guns with how slow the bullets move. it wasn't like this before

>instead of the near hitscan abominations we have now
There's a few things I have a problem with in your post but I'm gonna single this one out.
You know how long you have to lead someone at 150 meters with the Martini-Henry?
A lot.
You see a sniper glint 300 meters in the distance and you decide to take a crack at it.
A legit half second later you hear the ping of the headshot.
I don't know where you get the hitscan from.

>move flare gun from hillnigger to support.

Did either of you play BF4? Muzzle velocities on scoped rifles were lucky to exceed 560m/s. In BF1 the russian 1895 has a velocity of 820m/s.

That's a pretty big difference, enough to feel like hitscan to someone who has played a lot of BF4. The drop at longer ranges is a bit worse in BF1 but that's a good thing, anything to encourage hillniggers to engage under 100m is a step in the right direction.

Are you joking? With the flare and the BAR/Madsen/Chauchat you'd absolutely wreck shit.

there might be better lmgs but nothing gives me more pleasure than using the huot and just shoving headshot after headshot down range

Battlefield 4 is garbage.

For the periscope, do you have to actively hit q to spot or does it automatically spot?

You hit the spot button and it outlines them in red.
It's cool because you can see them through cover.

the AT rocket gun weighed 90 pounds with the tripod, prone/cover is necessary for that shit.

Okay I couldn't tell because as I was scanning and not hitting Q I was seeing tons of red circles over guys and red dots lighting up all over the map and saw no friendly flare

Periscope spot points are noted as a score and they are worth more than regular spots.
You'll be notified for every periscope spot as +35 rather than +25, if I remember correctly.
Squad kills on those spots count for more points, obviously.

Holy fuck that gun was actually real and used frequently unlike most of what is in BF1

Okay but does the periscope automatically spot or do you have to hit Q? Or is it both with minor spotting passively then hitting Q shows them through cover?

It's fun as fuck using this thing with hill niggers being drawn to it irresistibly shooting at it like autists.

You hit spot and you give the enemy an entire red outline over their body.
Having these outlined enemies killed counts towards your periscope spot points.
Just having their class as a red circle over their head doesn't count.
I wasn't even aware of a passive spotting ability.
That might have been your team mates spotting ahead of you.

The tripod probably adds at least 20lbs so since DICE loves variants instead of actual content let's do this

>2 versions of the AT gun
>one has a tripod, unchanged from how it behaves now
>new one doesn't have a tripod and can only be hipfired while standing/crouching with slight zoom in on right click like the MGs that the sentry uses

hire me dice

>AT Trench
>not AT Sniper variant

I'm disappointed

Can only I see the red outline or do team mates see it too?

Looks like it passively marks unless there is someone also spotting that I am not noticing

>No AT telescopic

All your team mates see it.
Point it at a behemoth and watch the AT rockets fly at it.

Oh fuck that's awesome holy shit

>>You're a fucking medic, why are you alone retard? Furthermore you're not taking out two alert baddies with the selbstlader 1916 anyway unless they're absolute trash.

>there are medics who play it for the SLRs and rifle grenades
>no syringes

They trigger me so hard

leddit pls

reddit.com/r/battlefield_one/comments/622qcd/epitome_of_sadness/

>trench fighter shitter is murdering the team, 20 kills about 10 minutes into the game
>swap to lewis suppressive and start harassing him the second I see him on the horizon
>run from house to house to avoid his fucking trench darts
>end up holding him to a total of 22 kills after a 40 minute game

Why do I still even play this game? Trench fighter attracts the most massive of faggots, and I have to spend the entire game staring at the sky to make sure he doesn't obliterate my squad.

what are you doing at leddit?

>>move dynamite from assault to scout hopefully cutting down on hillniggery
I can only wish

>>Barbed Wire Bat

Great way to lose your weapon.

The only difference is a white grip.

BF3 was the worst of the new Battlefields in my opinion.