/dlg/ - Duel Links General

Last Thread:

Latest News
>Perfect time to SPEND MONEY (apparently the sale is still going on? $2 for 3 packs + 1 Super Rare?)
>New pack adding more support for Wind decks soon
>GX Duel World probably this Summer
>Event to unlock Yami Bakura happening now. The rewards are absolute trash and Bakura runs 3 Kuriboh and E-con.
>If you REALLY want to farm him, it's easier to just duel him at Lv. 30
>See rewards for yourself in the in-game event page

Useful Links:
>Wiki with good info on LDs, skills and how to obtain cards
duellinks.gamea.co

>Baby's intro guide
duellinks.gamea.co/c/edru5z1z

>Android emulator
bignox.com/ (download, install, make a google account, download duel links from the playstore)
There's also Bluestacks, etc.

>Outdated Farming Guide:
reddit.com/r/DuelDicks/comments/5p7hwp/the_farming_guide/

>A few tips for new players
- What is this game? It's Yu-Gi-Oh! in mobile format created & suited for mobile play. Great if you played the TCG previously and feel nostalgic about it. Also has several new cards in the mix.
- Buy Ultimate Rising before it disappears at the end of March
- Don't bother buying Age of Discovery (unless you REALLY want to build a water deck)
- Turn your game speed up to full
- Playing on your phone is the only way to play PVP as Nox can be very spotty with connection issues even if you have great Internet
- Try and first level up Mai and Keith to unlock Windstorm of Etaqua and Metalmorph for free

>"you need this card to win"
>"buy this booster box before it's too late"
>"staples"

And you call yourselves duelists?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MjdNz071O4E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for reverse traps

>And you call yourselves duelists?
we pic relateds now. godspeed

Are reverse traps gay?

I'll teach you to stay out of the waters!

WHEN!?

naw they are just women , you were thinking of pic related

Yu gi oh is like the only card game that has reversed power creep.

They shot themselves in the dick bigtime with the early sets that basically had cards that couldn't be topped

It's core mechanics and ruleset have been nerfed. It is literally not the same game, so your statement is false.

>tfw get the urge to watch yu-gi-oh anime after this game rekindled my love for the game
>last series I watched was 5Ds
>start with Zexeal
>apparently second season is the best thing ever but I have to plow through first season to appreciate the second
>luckily there is a guide that marks good episodes, important episodes and episodes that should be skipped
>start watching, pretty much GX but the characters are more immature
>yuma is annoying af with his KATTOUBINGA and the main girl is only there to bitch at him
>the other support characters are unbearable especially the ura ura dude
>shark and astral are alright, but that blond number hunter is the edgiest guy since kalin
>yuma and his gang still get most screen time and they showed no development at all 25 episodes in (we got to know the reason for yuma's drive but that's not much)

I'm scared at the thought but should I skip to Arc-V or did I outgrow YGO animes

Anyone else think enemy controller is going to be banned soon?

Relinquished is totally getting limited.

What? Most classic cards that are forbidden would be even more ridiculous in duel links.

bruh what are you talking about, the power nine in MTG are among the most powerful cards in the game

most card games usually start off hilariously broken, then hilariously bad and then grow from there

This.

Early Magic was just as crazy as early yugioh.

Both games have grown substantially.

YGO animes are all shit. Do NOT bother.

You're a big eye

Hell, I'd argue yugioh has grown more as a game than magic has. It literally was just vanilla beat-down back in the day. It's FAR more varied now.

>shit we will never see in duel links

Use murmur something forest. Its second effect let you remove your yami from field and send it to your hand... then, use yami again. Ez charge.

Tea likes to bully shotas.

>yugioh
>reversed power creep
ahahahhaa

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I WANT MAKE A GANDORA DECK BUT IT'S SHIT!

SHIT!

>Hell, I'd argue yugioh has grown more as a game than magic has
not in a good way imo

YGO grew way out of its roots into some combo hellhole

If I meant to say "cards" I would have said "cards". I said "mechanics and ruleset".

My statement applies to duel links but I was actually refering to the real tcg because you addressed the game as yugioh with specifiying

>fusion gate was my first SR, a few packs into the game
>can't get the 2nd one
>got 4 sphere kuribohs

Magic now is just a more complex hearthstone.
YGO is a 2 turn combo game.

is there honestly any way that YGO can't be a combo game? its a game without literally any resources to hold decks back. Its a game built entirely on a foundation of 'do you have more cards and can you use more cards than your opponent in a single turn?'

Zexal is probably the worst. Just skip it.

I'm not really into ygo, collected the cards like 12 years ago and played the psp games but that's it.
I recently watched some YGO tournament finals where one dude was searching through his deck for 5 minutes on his first turn, and won on the second.
I mean, this is kinda boring, right?

>Magic now is just a more complex hearthstone.
That's always what it's been? Hell, Hearthstone's design concept is "a dumbed down Magic."

I don't get how people can take a broken expensive game seriously.

Tournament level play is stupid as fuck. Play with friends and make meme/theme decks for maximum enjoyment.

New player here.

Who should I level up first?

I legitimately don't even get where the strategy comes from. I'm not even coming in as YGO hater cause I actually like Duel Links. I also am not even coming in as a combo hater because I actually like MTG Legacy decks like Show and Tell or Storm. But with YGO it just seems like "alright well I got these three cards in my hand, guess im going to fetch this and then that and then this and then that and then now I have a bunch of dudes who can attack and now you're dead" in under three turns

Fusion gate is an ur, dude

Ur are one per pack

Buy ultimate rising NOW!

What decks are you currently working on?

Reload would really set it off

Mai gets one of the best cards we have @lvl25.

youtube.com/watch?v=MjdNz071O4E
>that fucking bass at 0:47
good old times

If you don't get 3 Kuribohs and 3 Sonic Bird by tomorrow you may as well just go download Pokemon Go or something tb H.

Tryna do a water deck and I got p much everything needed from AoD, thank the lord. (no Michizure though)

Might reset the box and aim for a 2nd Levia Dragon tbqhwyf

Why sonic bird? I thought the water box was getting cut

Do you like memes?

>bakura takes your vassal with exchange
GTFO

Isn't that enough you greedy fuck?

necro and lava golem are both cards that need a ton of support and im not going to run them if I only have 1 copy

>Judai saves Cronos from LITERAL death
>hes still a dick to him for the entire series

Who?

fucking delete this

Because relinquished is meta????

If he is brand new he won't have Relinquished

the italian instructor in GX

Gift controller retard

>autism

Do any of you guys have your cards still from when you were a kid?

good times

Some, but a few cards are damaged. Makes me sad that I didn't take better care of my stuff as a kid.

Mai for Windstorm of Etaqua, and then Keith (once you unlock him) for Metalmorph, and then Rex for ezwin dinosaurs. Everybody else just level for gems.

was this that game with chess pieces that you move around and fight with instead of cards? shit was weird but I had fun playing it

I have a mint Red Eyes from LOB on my desk but that's it

No that was Duelist of the Roses. It was actually a really fun game, only issue was you kinda had to cheat a few cards to have any chance of progressing because the difficulty curve was way out of whack

My brother played with them once, made a mess and then they disappeared.
My parents threw them away, to not deal with a mess ever again.
;___;

Imagine an yu gi oh game, where you only have like 150 cards and can only play vs Yugi, who has only 1 deck.

Nope. Sold them all for like $800 to a card shop regular: a BO-reeking, beady-eyed, snaggletoothed, "Haley Joel Osment with a crack problem"-looking motherfucker who I had initially thought was completely homeless. Upon making the sale, however, I learned he actually lived in a rank, boxes-to-the-ceiling, sweat-smelling two-bedroom apartment with his obese mother and three (THREE!) younger siblings.

Yes, that DOES beg the question of "Where the fuck did the $800 come from?" And I chose not to seek an answer, took the money, and then never once went back to the card shop he frequented.

That Parylizing Poopoo card Keith gets via level up is an ultra garbaj Mask of the Accursed?

Sold everything when i was 16, because i thought that i was to old for this shit.
And look at me now, 10 years later.

Try typing like you're not on the Internet.

I have a mint TP1 Mechanicalchaser. I honestly have no idea how my child self got it.

Well, back than shit like Dark Paladin was worth more than Chaos Emperor Dragon, because kids wanted to have cards from the anime.

Answer my question of siylwb.

At least my computer rollers are real, idiot

Mechanicalchaser was worth hundreds when it came out because not only was it the strongest vanilla 4 star for years, it was an ultra rare from an incredibly hard to find pack

Odion seems fun.

I want to lick Mai's armpit while she makes fun of my tiny penis!

You guys think Jaden's gonna have a
>Draw Sense: E-HERO
skill? Because god damn it I sincerely hope not.

Its pronounced Judai gaijin scum

nah
that's thinking too small
he'll have draw sense: hero
any hero, not just elemental

Arc-V is Zexal in reverse. Extremely strong start, but becomes an escalating train wreck as it goes on.

This isn't /a/; go cry somewhere else, weebo.

I personally think all of the non-Duel Monsters content is going to cost real money to unlock. GX, 5Ds, Zexal, ARC-V, and Vrains content is all going to be treated as expansion packs. You get the base game (what we have now/anything from DM) for free, and everything past that costs money.

Nah, the further you move from the nostalgia the less people are interested. Plus with the current state of pay to win, adding whole characters to that mix would devastate the game. Mobile shit can't run off whales alone, which doing that would run the f2p off

still thinking too small

>Destiny Fusion
>when taking 2000 damage, you can polymorph once without having it in your hand as long as you have the material in your hand, on the field, or in your graveyard

Yes, but this is Konami we're talking about. Making terrible, short term, money-driven decisions with absolutely no foresight to the possibility of driving off long-time fans is kinda their thing.

That's true, they have been doing pretty good with Duel Links at least

>polymorph
gtfo you know-nothing shitter

That's how it always starts. :(

Even if lots of people quit DL because of XYZ, Pensulum, Synchro and Links. We will still be here so the game will survive without a problem. Just look at Duel Generation, the developers plan on adding Links even through the game has less downloads than DL

What a good story.

Nope, i give my cards to a guy who used to be my friend when i was like 11 or 10 years old. Sometimes i kind of want to buy cards again but it just feels wrong,plus the nearest Yugioh store is kind of far from my place
same buddy but hey, at least you aren't wasting your money on a card game....just your time but who cares

Is there list of the top cards to trade for from the card trader?

>gravekeeper's recruiter when I wanted skull invitatonn
gk recruiter sounds awesome though at least I guess

Gear deck when

Sadly

No

My brother get scammed selling first edition for fake ass cards

WHERE IS MY ULTIMATE RISING FAREWELL SALE???

Is Malik suppose to be in the game already? My game updated and his character profile was on the download screen along with everyone else's

You're getting Mokuba and you're going to like it.

What deck does that digital dummy even use?

mystic tomato and assorted other trash