alfaromeousa.com/technology/twin-clutch-transmission
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>1 peddle to stop
>1 peddle to go

What's the 3rd for?

Maximum overdrive

I only wish. :(

Nitrous

I know OP, it's so much fun to press the clutch pedal!

Before buying a manual car I was considering suicide but now I'm a happy and satisfied man.

Cuck detected

buddy you're the one who likes to play with dick shaped objects...

>I'd definitely buy this $60k car if not for the wrong transmission
>Veeky Forums

Your dick for when your foot gets tired

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, my edgy friend.

>60k for a fancy Jetta

get your head out of the gaybar you fruitbowl

>First thing that comes to mind when confronted with manual is dick

Bad news for you bud

Um yea? I'd easily buy the b9 s4 but since audi decided to go full cuck and strip the manual for this generation, I won't even consider it

>project this hard

you should be embarassed

>5 banger with 400HP, rear biased AWD, and 8-piston carbon ceramic brakes

Quite a fancy Jetta

It's a luxury car - you're meant to be comfy as fuck and just relax while you drive.
The paddle shifters allow you to do that, but also to downshift for that torque when you need to pass someone on the freeway.

>255 fronts
>235 rears
>needing a front-biased stagger setup to prevent understeer

Typical Audi

Smart roadster. I met up with an Veeky Forumstist once who has one, swapped in a 1kr fe engine + the tranny that the aygo comes wirh. Fits nicely but the oem transmission is a shame

Keep telling that yourself

Literally any Lexus

>people on Veeky Forums can afford expensive new cars now

feels weird, man.

[in the US]

>detecting a potential issue and being proactive in preventing it so that consumers don't have to live with it or explore aftermarket options
what's the problem here?

may as well post the 4c

This is truly tragic. Why, just why

Fuck Alfa Romeo, this brand shouldnt even exist.

i cri evrytiem

There's nothing wrong with the transmission in the 4C, and Alfa chose it for performance.

Who fucking cares

Nobody drives a manual because it's faster

>there's nothing wrong
Except that it sucks at shifting

Gonna buy a 2018 golf r when they come out, but if this came with a stick it'd probably be my first choice.

>Except that it sucks at shifting
How so? And which driving mode are you referring to?

>Nobody drives a manual because it's faster
It's the faster option in some cars. In the 4C's case, a dual clutch offers more performance. There are also packaging issues with using a manual transmission.

>more performance

Again, nobody cares.

>packaging issues

But DCT is the most complicated and heavy type of transmission. It's literally an automated manual with 2 clutches instead of 1, how can that be smaller.

well if you look at 2 cars, one has the manual option, the other a dual clutch, the dual clutch is HEAVIER even with the same options

tell me this wouldn't be a sexy car if it had a manual.

>Again, nobody cares.
You mean you don't care.

>But DCT is the most complicated and heavy type of transmission.
4C uses a dry clutch unit that's much lighter.
alfaromeousa.com/technology/twin-clutch-transmission

>any entry level mercedes
>AMG mercedes
>most audis
>all diesel trucks
>all mid size trucks at all trim levels
>anything marketed as a "sports car"
>all jeeps or "off road" vehicles
>911 GT3 and RS
>all M cars (M5 and 6 specifically)
>NSX
>Huracan
>both alfas in the US
>570S
>charger hellcat (or the charger in general)
>Ford GT
>488 GTB
>Huracan
>volvo polestar
>ram power wagon

GTR

This, or a Hellcat Charger.

Thats my point

Why not just get the Challenger. It looks better and less the doors, it's just as comfy inside.

Fuck off. A car as involving as the 4C deserves a transmission that integrates the driver. Who cares if you can shave of a milisecond changing gears with an auto.

>A car as involving as the 4C deserves a transmission that integrates the driver
What makes you think the transmission it has doesn't engage the driver? Or is this a blanket opinion you apply to everything without a third pedal?

This.

Manual fags on suicide watch

Pic related

We didn't get an SC300 in Canada, just pic related, so there's no way to get your cheap, manual, rwd grand tourer fix

Not that guy but i'm not a poorfag and no third pedal=no purchase. Even my DD four banger has a stick.

Pic related, my choice for why is it not offered in a manual? Would buy in a heartbeat, or maybe lease.

are you fucking serious?

drifting

I know its wrong wheel drive on top of being auto only, but its just so fucking A E S T H E T I C

>wut iz a MK3 Supra

>are you fucking serious?
Yes. I'm considering buying one, and I have no issues with the transmission.

This.

Reading this thread has made me realize just how many people don't drive stick. I wonder how many people here consider cars appliances to go "from A to B"

>Reading this thread has made me realize just how many people don't drive stick.
I think it depends on the car. Right now, 2 of my cars have manual transmissions, and 1 is automatic. For something like the aforementioned Alfa 4C, I think the automatic transmission is fine, but the car still isn't an
>appliances to go "from A to B".
I'd also be surprised if a significant portion of Veeky Forums looked at cars as appliances, although I suppose the board has changed quite a bit over the past few years.

>Those headlights

Why?

US cars come with "normal" headlights, and they're an option in other markets.

I really wanted one of those mercedes diesels.
>sexy 70's/80's design
>reliable
>won't get made fun of because mercedes