/ndg/ - Nier/Drakengard General #41

Devola and Popola did nothing wrong edition

If you have any suggestions or links you think would be useful, then respond with it to the OP and help build up the archives.

>[Official NieR:Automata page]
platinumgames.com/games/nier-automata/

>[DRAKENGARD/NIER COLLECTION ARCHIVE] - World Guides, Novellas, Lore, etc.
mega.nz/#F!1U9FABJA!mMSLFtaWnMsjC5kNrzsgHA

>[PC Troubleshooting]
pastebin.com/qEZD3VLJ (embed)
>[NieR:Automata Unit Data & Fishing Encyclopedia] - Untranslated, use Chrome
wiki3.h1g.jp/nierautomata/index.php?個体データ

>[/ndg/ Downloads Pastebin] - Ripped OST, Lewds, Steam Reskin
pastebin.com/YWG8irCu (embed)

>[NieR: Automata Mining and Moddin Steam Group]
steamcommunity.com/groups/nierMnM

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=caEYjmLDsE4
nierautomata.wiki.fextralife.com/Side Quests
youtube.com/watch?v=PDLw9FB1Q0g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Think they'll make any expansions given the surprising success?

I'd love to see A2's Pearl Harbor and kill some bots or be able to see more of Emil such as an Emil village

riddle me this, /ndg/
what did the elves do to deserve being genocided?

>embed

>no reveal trailer Song of the Ancients in OST

exist

I LOVE 2B9S! More lewds please.

Is existence not enough for you?

Being an elf is a sin.

Manslaughter only applies to humans.

If your name starts with an N then everything is your fault

If you can pick ONLY ONE girl between all the games to Marry and spend until your last day with her, who would it be the chosen one?

Mine is the commander. FUCK OFF JACKASS

We got a link to the official ost yet?

Yonah is the only girl in the series who isn't insane, heftily cocked, or a 300 pound hydraulic press.

2b

Is she also the only real bona fide full human we've ever seen in a Nier game?

A2

So I just finished ending A. Game's great, lots of fun, looking forward to the rest.

My only complaint is the difficulty balance. Normal mode is laughably easy, where with just a few healing chips I can be unkillable without using any items, but Hard is such a jump because the enemies basically do triple damage and the lack of lock-on makes everything just a little more time consuming.

What do you guys recommend? Keep playing on Normal, or is Hard not as bad as I think it is once I get used to it?

Furiae was human.

Oh wait Nier. Well we see a bunch in the prologue.

>Nier game

Who is A4?

I wish I could've seen more of the Commander/ She was such a cute girl but ended up getting wrecked without us knowing that much about her

Hard mode goes back and forth between "oh welp got oneshot by an enemy the same level as me because I forgot my defense chips" and killing squads of enemies without even meaning to. The difficulty scaling is all kinds of fucked in this game no matter what you play on. I suggest hard because the game will occasionally be appropriately challenging.

But why not just keep them as breeding sows like anyone else would?

Choose.

I wonder if there are a group of six robots who just happen to resemble the Intoners. Just so that Taro could fuck with us a little bit more.

A4 is A2 girlfriend, she sacrificed herself in the Pearl Harbor attack against the machines to save A2.

Because all the children end up as elf scum.

A4 was A2's lover from the stage play.
We got a little bit of info on the Commander from this message she sent to JackAss.

Kaine
>tsundere
>extremely caring
>rocking, natural body

>large cock

No we don't???

>Girlfriend

Wait what? They don't even have vaginas to do scissors with. It's actually hard to imagine A2 being emotional at all.

Also, I didn't even know the Commander had friends. Thought she was a loner and was designed to become a Commander but it looks like she used to work in the field before being appointed to it.

In the prologue of Nier? Everyone is human there.

When I tried Hard I mostly ran into it with a bunch of offense chips and overdrive; all of the defense ones seemed like such small numbers, but I'll try them out.

>Choosing between a bunch of whores that have tons of semen inside their wombs and their vaginas are rotten thanks to that.

No thank you, filthy whores aren't allowed. Get some taste.

TeuBee.
Being half an elf is a sin.
Having sex with an elf is a sin.

A2. Not even for fuggin, she just seems calm and nice but also probably needs company.
And to take a fucking shower.

Gotta fuse.

There's only Nier and Yonah though

Which is why she can never truly have a good ending. ;_;

Yeah, I just double-checked. I guess I was confusing it with some other backstory for NIer. There are 2 full humans in the series then, I guess. Also Kaine, maybe.

Also a plus.

List of sidequests by chapter W H E R E

Rape, along with other things.

I've read that using a lot of HP+ chips and Melee Def+ chips makes Hard mode pretty fun, but I haven't tried it myself yet. Also be careful of spoilers, friend.

ah yes stronk ninja hermaphrodite, definitely a human

Well she's a replicant with a gestalt so technically she is.

I'm curious, why did A2 just dip and leave YorHa? She was the sole survivor and would've been perfectly fine had she stayed with YorHa and might've even been promoted to Squad Leader. But she just left.

>It's actually hard to imagine A2 being emotional at all.
A2 was very scared and emotional during the pearl harbor mission. She got help from her mentor Seed to pass her training, since she was bad. She hardened up when everyone died and she was the only survivor. Anemone mentions she changed too.

is Tyrann her Gestalt?

You shouldn't be using lock-on at any time no matter what difficulty you're on.

Not hers. Tyrann was a human who's Replicant got deleted cause he was a scumbag. He just illegally possessed her.

>would've been perfectly fine had she stayed with YorHa and might've even been promoted to Squad Leader
Did you miss the memo where they were trying to kill her

The Commander wanted her dead. Her whole purpose was to die, so the next generation can get her data.

Amnesia Type E

>That shitty stageplay

Why couldn't Taro just make a game or some shit. Please make this a DLC so I don't have to imagine this ever again

She's not the replicant he's supposed to be in, but yes. So she technically fits the definition of an actual human.

her unit was sent into battle with the intention of dying, yorha only sent them to gather data for the next generation of yorha models

Wasn't there a data file saying they had A2's data and weren't gonna use them in the next generation? But if she deserted, how did they get her data?

He's an """artist"""

so does that make her human?

does that make the shade possessed replicants in the aerie human?

she probably holds a grudge

he's a body hopping shit

I was under the impression she was only marked for death once she deserted. It's one thing to be sent into a suicide mission to die but if A2 survived then that might be a bit different as opposed to dying on the battlefield. There's a world of the difference between being hunted down and being sent on a suicide mission

I didn't mean to imply breeding, whoops. Just sex sows instead.
Just get rid of the buns if they get them.

Commander for sure.

>Not wanting to marry a 300 pound hydraulic press

Never played Nier, but tried out the Nier: Automata demo
Combat was alright if a bit very much like Bayonetta.
Was a little funny that there was no reason to NOT be holding down R1 forever and ever.
Was kinda neat the swapping between 3D, linear, and top down, but felt unnecessary.

My biggest issue was the enemy design. I know they were going with super old-school, ultra utilitarian designs. But the bucket bots still felt pretty phoned in. Like very little effort was put into trying to make them visually appealing. Especially the boss. It just looked like a tube with a face glued on. Like someone spent thirty minutes in Blender.

Are those the style of the enemies throughout the game?

She was disposable. Just like everyone in YorHa. So living made her automatically a traitor.

No, you will watch Taro's plays and you will like them. After trudging through stuff like the Resident Evil stage plays nothing in life will ever bother you again.
Taro's a alcoholic NEET

I didn't really consider fusing yet, I'll have to look into it. How exactly does one "farm" in this game for chips?

...why not? Really for me it just helps clear out the little guys faster, and lets my pod gun them down before I can even spin the camera around fast enough to find the guy. If I'm fighting something far enough away, I'll take off the lock-on and do it manually though.

The Commander and her cronies were watching and recording her squad the whole time.

>neet
>gets paid for a living

Cant even get one thing right.

>A2 was a scaredy cat and shit at combat before Automata
>Turns into the deadliest warrior in the game afterwards

Jesus fucking christ, what happened?

>Resident Evil stage plays

Please no. I'm imagining some old Japanese guy trying to act like Jack Baker

pretty much, they're all variations of balls except a few

Check the fextralife wiki.

tyrann is such a slut.

What's the reason for his current dilemma again? I remember that he was some kind of mercenary and someone/something fucked with his gestalt process

I believe N2 stopped her data upload and her blackbox signal from going to the bunker.

Just change your controls so that you can shoot and attack at the same time easily All the lockon does is insure that it's difficult to change targets to an enemy coming at your blindspot, but if you can point your gun in that direction and keep shooting you're better off.

>Resident Evil stage plays
I HEARD SOMEONE MENTION
BIOHAZARD THE STAGE

youtube.com/watch?v=caEYjmLDsE4

>Trusting fextralife for anything

He kinda just sent a whole bunch of his men to die while guarding Kaine and her grandparents then just dipped.

Reminder that 6O is best girl and should be gently cared for. 2B doesn't need 9S. She just needs to be 6O's girlfriend

that's a very nice image user.

was Weiss a nigger

Didn't he work on the project that made Emil and his sis?

No, he's a book.

Are you suggesting I try to put light and heavy attack on L1 and L2 or something? It's tough to mash square while using the right analog as you can imagine.

No, he just wanted a big sloppy kiss

>Jesus fucking christ, what happened?
Her waifu died.

It's all there user

nierautomata.wiki.fextralife.com/Side Quests

they were pretty handy for Bloodborne and a few Dark Souls

before he got grimoired obviously

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

tfw can't give her the lunar tear you get from Emil's memories

No, put guns on r2, dodge on l2 and lock-on on r2.

He looks like my right ball

no wait maybe I'm confusing him nevermind me I'm starting to forget the details for Nier since its been a while

I play with my pod firing button on my right trigger and my light attacks on X and Y on a 360 controller.

I also changed weapon switch to left trigger, since I had no use for lockon.

Hey, I heard you guys like stage plays

youtube.com/watch?v=PDLw9FB1Q0g

*lock-on on r1

No if I remember in the Drama CD.. His only real interaction with Emil was when he started shooting him with an Anti-Magic weapon because Emil wouldn't petrify some of the legion because innocent people were also there.

>light attacks on X and Y
Goddamnit

*ttacks on X and Y, light on X and heavy on Y but that shit doesn't really matter.