/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

RINGED CITY IS OUT, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED, STAY AWAY WHILE YOU PLAY IT BY YOURSELF

>Fails at Character Creation:

>1.11 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839063734797566

>1.12 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839596812166515

>Ringed City DLC stuff
pastebin.com/4mUsZWmv

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

OH GOD SOMEONE HELP

just killed gael

what do i do with the key item he dropped?

>lvl 80 with knight set/knight shield +10/longsword +10 spamming 1HR1s (aka the Dark Souls 3 dev build)
>Demon Prince: first try
>Darkeater Midir: second try
>Spears: first try (though I was offline)
>Gael: first try

Honestly, I feel like the areas are harder than the bosses, and I had to keep myself from leveling (the bosses were pretty damn fun regardless). The bosses would be harder if the DLC didn't drop those +3 rings on you, they're way too good for NG.

Holy fuck that was awful.

JESUS CHRIST FUCKING SHIT

is this miyazaki speaking through patches or just pure coincidence?
does he hate us that much for forcing him to work on this shit series for the past 8 years?

Read the description?

>Ng++ SL 100
>just killed midir after 2 hours using STR build
>soul wep is dex
Well fuck you too memeazaki

I thought I was done with a dragon and his MUH BRIDGE motive.

This thread is now blessed by Gravelord Nito and the Pardoners of Velka.

Demons did LITERALLY nothing wrong

>Chaos against chaos

Reminds me of cooping at Smelter demon and see hosts with fire longsword or pyromancy.

>all these people freaking out about demon prince
>while i'm over here knowing that's not the worst this game, this franchise has to offer

painter loli
Motherfucker. I thought you were supposed to be at a dead-end there and just bone, so I used silvercat to drop off and live, next to where you intially drop down. Didn't even notice that ledge.

I didn't get this event. Do you actually die this time?

Is there a list of the NPC invaders in TRC and their locations yet? I'm about to kill the first boss and I want to make sure I didn't miss any.

PC FC, high wall, pass dsg as always.

Can't host for too long, but we've had none since DLC was released.

How do you predict Midir's charge? Maybe I'm just slow, but I can't dodge it on reaction, and I don't see any signs before he does it.

It still baffles me that Patches gets a good ending. I always thought he'd fuck himself somehow.

>NG
baby mode

>Midir fight
Haha FUCK MELEE BUILDS

>Midir, descendant of Archdragons, was raised by the gods, and owing to his immortality was given a duty to eternally battle the dark, a duty that he would never forget, even after the gods perished.
>raised by the gods

Where do you get this to happen? The last place I talked to Lapp was in the second bonfire in the Ringed City. Where is he next?

Midir would be the best Dragon boss in the entire series if his damage reduction was lowered slightly.

Hitting him for 150 damage per hit on his body and 250 on his head isn't actually :fun:. Also I noticed that pestilent mercury fucks him up pretty badly.

how do you permanently banish the nigger butterfly of niggerness? Idgaf about spoilers as long as I can get through this piece of shit area without summoning.

also, that is the worst start to a souls dlc I have ever seen. This is the worst experience ever trying to figure out a way to dodge this artificial piece of fucking trash. It's not enough that you have to stand there pelting it with great arrows like a nigger for 5 whole minutes before it dies but it IMMEDIATELY respawns? Is there a defence to this at all?

Alright, got 10 minutes, last guy died too quick but I came close, anyone available on PS4 to fight Midir. Looking for two people ideally

PW is dsg

Just finished all the bosses.

>demon prince
2nd try, pretty nice boss overall

>summoner boss
ez af. first try, phantom took 2 hits of my great hammer and died like a bitch

>midir
toughest boss in dlc, maybe even the whole game. 6th try. felt fair to me, but I can see how some people can have a lot of trouble with him, especially if you're using weapons without range.

>gael
coolest boss in the game. killed him on my 5th try.

Where is the shortcut behind the ringed inner wall bonefire. I'm getting sick of trying to outrun the 6 giant no face dudes on the steps that From decided to put there for no reason.

Gywn look the opportunity to use a powerful dragon for his own ends. He considered it a pet, not an equal like his son would have.

I wonder if DS3 has the same purgatory server for hacked characters as it did in DS2.

Fight in front of his face. Bait his claw attacks. Use a fire res shield.

I glad he had high hp/res. It felt so good to figure out how to fight him and win.

Is Ludleth one of those pygmy lords from the end?

His model should also be scaled down to Kalameet size.

Let me know when Souls becomes moddable. I'll do it.

Is SL 95 too high for forest covenent in DS1? I was fucking around for like an hour and nothing till I got bored and quit.

Demon in Pain/ From Below is just Friede/ Ariandel with a different colour scheme.
And they're both shit.
>what if, like, a huge, aggressive enemy chased the player across the stage non-stop, while another, less-agressive enemy annoyed the player by occasionally putting a damaging obstacle in their path so they had to run even more?
>Genius!

So if I chucked chameleon I can't get to the purging stone? That's pretty gay.

They have a controller worm thingie that permanently kills the angels.

Look for a seperate beam of light when they spawn.

It's easy peasy and a neat change of pace imo.

Young White Branch

Real talk: TRC is actually badly designed. It just seems to be one badly designed trial and error encounter after another.

>250 on his head

What fucking toothpick are you using?

We already know they slaughtered the dragons down to a few scattered survivors and eggs/babbies. Why not domesticate one and make it your bitch to handle things in Pygmy /b/ at the edge of the universe?

>Desert Pyromancer Skirt + Fire Keeper Robe

can somebody on PC help with midir pls
password dsg outside the hole you drop down to him
use the consumable branches

Is this good enough to beat NG+7 TRC?

Complete rebuilding tho. I want forest big as abyss swamp area in DLC.

I thought it worked really well. The fight didn't vex me at all.

>Friede/ Ariandel with a different colour scheme.

I don't get it.

Is Gael /our guy/?

Why are there so many people summoning me in front of Spear of the Church when I'm just trying to get summoned by the boss?

it's artificial difficulty at it's finest don't defend miyazaki the fucking gook and his shit game mechanics

I really liked the DLC but

>No fucking serpents
>Give loli blood of dark soul and she says a few words and thats it
>You don't get to see the Dark Soul, you just show up after Gael consumes it.

THIS. I'VE BEEN TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHERE HE IS SINCE FINDING THE PURGING MONUMENT.

Can I get some help with mildir on PS4 passcode will be dsg all lower case

>level 402
And here i thought 150 was high for ng+7

Did you happen to find a Covetous Gold Serpent Ring +3? It's right where that was. If you want to know where that is, it's directly upstairs from the Curse Hollow Alley by the huge stairway. Last bridge over the stairs.

It wasn't badly designed.

t. expert level designer

You might want to use uppercase, someone's already searching for that same boss, on the same console with that same password

He'll lower/back up his body a bit for a split second before he charges, like a cat about to pounce. Took me a while to figure it out as he was always catching me off guard with his charge. Just be careful and pay attention.

If you hit his head enough, near the end you get a counter that removes around 15% of his health and stuns him until death, so that compensates for the reduced damage you do on him.

SL 56, +5/+2 weapons.
Am I overleveled for fighting the Pontiff?

How about actually trying to explore you faggot? The first angel has his core pretty closeby, so you can actually learn how to deal with them further on.

Things could have been worse!

Serpents have been dead for awhile.
The Painter will just create a new world. Its an endless loop.
We did see the Dark Soul in the first game in the first cutscene. Its a tiny baby flame.

Anyone wanna help me kill Midir? password is rage I just wanna kill this edge dragon while I still have PS+ to do multiplayer afterward

Why are you putting down your sign?

I don't get you. It was pretty easy to figure out. Don't tell me it was the first one that gave you all that trouble?

It happens naturally when you're on journey 30
Good thing it doesn't scale past NG+7

>shit game mechanics
>you'd only know if you played the game
>which you probably haven't
>because if you played the game you'd know they weren't shit, you were
You either time your parries or time your rolls.
That's this entire fucking game, is watch your opponent and then roll when they attack.

Both fights have you doing the exact same thing
>dodge the angry one until it stops to catch its breath
>keep an eye out for the particle effect or you'll get hit with damage and a status ailment

no you need at least 12 more levels

I beat it at 120 so ya.

forgot to mention it's on PS4

>great club stuns the harald knights with every swing
who /bigguy/ here??

WHY COULDN'T I FIGHT THE PYGMY LORDS MYSELF REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

... why would you...
I don't...
Explain, please.

Pretty sure that was scripted. Felt fucking good though.

Do wiki editors extract damage values from the files or copy it from the game

>Heavy Splitleaf +10
>S STR
Damn
How is it at 66/16?

Ok thanks user making passcode DSG all uppercase

Why and how are the serpents dead? They came from the age of dragons, and as far as we know they werent hunted down.

I highly doubt they die from old age

>that far
Post time pls

I SHALL PARTAKE

they didn't seem to put up much of a fight with Gael

Because you would've felt bad afterwards.

>Fighting smelter on a pure pyro run
reeeeeeeee
All you can do is poison him and then not die to his over time damage

Why are there Sword of Avowal symbols all over the place in the Ringed City? Does this tie into the Lord of Hollows ending?

Any tips for this dude?
Kinda feel like I should be doing more damage
yes I'm smacking him in the head

It's a long way till you get that, there's another bonfire in the swamp not far from where you enter, it's gonna be to your right.

>bone fist is forever stuck in DaS2

it's easy all you have to do is
smack him in the face harder

Yuria's final words in the Japanese sub imply that Kaathe died a long time ago.

What is the demon prince weak to?

Fuck you Gael

That was my guess when I first heard the DLC was coming out.

During the ending I would stare at the moon in the background, it looks like the ring for The Ringed City

first time I entered the swamp I was hearing voices and I kept removing my headset to see if I was going mad or if there was someone downstairs
it took me some 5 minutes to realize that it was these guys speaking creepy shit

Hits to the face

Can anybody get summoned for Spear of the Church? I can't seem to.

Learn every move so that you know where the head will end at the end of his attacks. Baiting his tailswipe after a charge is a good way to get his head.

Oh and just unlock the camera in general.

So what happens if you let the cripple fuck crawl up to the princess?

I got tired of waiting for him

>tfw all my saves go deleted
>tfw want to play Ringed City but too weak
Can anybody help a brother out and give me a shit ton of souls?
PC
High wall
PW:plshelp