[D a i l y Bh o o n e r c y c l e T h r e a d] - /dbt/

[D a i l y - B o t o r c y c l e - T h r e a d] - /dbt/

vintage proof that honda a best edition

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSek8S2Lh2X1APHW63s51djyItfBVouz2nM1J_aeV5f44CnRkg/viewform?usp=sf_link#responses

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Leather Fetish
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Penis Rating
>Motorcycle Adventures
>Motorcycle Pics & Boring Webbums

/dbt/ map:
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

Noob? Git gud:

Boring webms, now with sound!
stale bread:

Other urls found in this thread:

sfbay.craigslist.org/
sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/6132677642.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>an honda

Has anyone gone to other Veeky Forums meets with their baiku?

>live in a city where everyone and their mom likes jap-o-neez rice rockets (style; regardless of displacement)
>wanted to just buy a bike cash in hand in a private sale
>looking more and more like that won't happen
Is buying a used bike from a stealership ok?

You can buy a baiku from wherever you want if you're comfortable with the price, friend. I find bikes to be bargains anyway, they don't hold their value well.

The Chicago guys go all the time
Maybe ur one of them, idk

Also I think the Houston meets?

>"Best bike to start on is a dual sport dude."
>"Just get a cheap dirt bike you can drop it and its good man."
>"Dual sports, best of both worlds my bro"
>"Dude, just get a dual sport, they're great"

>tfw 5'5"
>can't even get my leg over the seat
help

If n1gOctopie can ride a klx300, so can you
He is literally a homo that posts himself in panties all the time

Yes.
Just remember you can haggle the price at dealerships, the same as you can in a private sale.
If it's a bike they've had for a while and really want it gone, you can get some great deals.

Not true
You can get a discount if you know someone, but you'll still pay thousands more than for a used bike

wait

has this always been daily botorcycle thread? /dbt/?
wtf

Daily bike thread you sperg

holy shit I'm retarded, goodness me

>help
?
bike will sag when you sit on it as long as you weigh more than a manila whore.
if thats not enough, then there's not much to do but to throw money at the problem
custom seat, rear suspension adjustment, lowering set.

alternatively hunt for a ladyridden klx, as it likely already have the modifications for a tiny person.

Just get it lowered

Classic-style bikes are good then if you're deathly afraid of the hours/hundreds it takes to spiff plastics back up (painting a metal tank is easier).

Dual sports are actually shit on road (slower than a fucking geo metro) and susceptible to all the same damage as nakeds.

Reposting because posted in old thread
Newfag here
Trying to learn how to ride will probably enroll in a course later on
What's a good beginner bike?
Budget is around 1-4k USD. Want something light so it won't give me trouble at DMV. Is the Suzuki Intruder good for this?

This is my town craiglist if you want to send me any good bikes
sfbay.craigslist.org/

Why is the bank so fucking slow
I just want to go ride
I'm gonna do it on my meme scooter anyways, but I pass by this power line trail every time I leave my house and I just want to go explore
Fuk u bank

where your feet touch the ground doesn't matter as if you are tall enough to sit in a comfortable way and easily reach and use the handlebars.

Dual Sports are oft recommended because the bars/forks/wheels feel the most bicycle like, which is great for new riders to gain familiarity.

Imagine how nice the TW would look with a slightly longer swingarm and a rear wheel the same size as the front wheel.

The videos I've been watching about good first bikes have almost all said dual sports are great firsts because you can trash them without as much concern, they are a good trial by fire for bike handling (not the exact wording, but its what I'm guessing they're trying to say), and they let you go offroading if you decide thats a good idea.

Granted, the videos I've mostly seen about that was from guys who ride dual sports and streetbikes almost exclusively. I'm sure /dbt/ probably has lots of gripes about the youtube motovlog eceleb types.

sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/6132677642.html

I would unironically start on this bike.

>inb4 too much power

if you take a BRC you'll know whether or not you're prone to accidentally giving too much throttle or cutting the throttle when disturbed. personally, i only ever cranked the throttle open when nearly dropping the bike at a stop, with the clutch in.

By the power of Photoshop.

i'd venture to say that the most vocal segment of dbt ride ride street bikes and dual sports. the others exist but they usually come in twos and threes for protection.

I learned to ride on an 80s Husqvarna 500 2 stroke when I was 10, my feet were a foot off the ground, I could barely reach the pegs. I had to find a treestump, deep rut, or hillside everytime I wanted to stop. It's good, will teach you to plan in advance and not go stopping willy nilly. If you commute just have a milkcrate bungied to the back, whenever you need to stop throw the milk crate on the ground and put your foot on that. Kids today are spoiled with all these babby sized bikes with usable power bands.

Is starting out on a CBR250 a bad idea for a beginner who's never ridden before?
Y/Y

Take the msc so you know how to ride then worry about what bike

Its a better idea to buy the gear for the msc before I buy the bike then?

Would that be reliable? The sticky said to look for something not older than 10yrs old.

A DS can really make you hate street riding though

>shit tank range
>plank seats
>the single cyllinder engine is ONLY a good thing for hardcore dirt riders, on the street it just shakes the bike to fucking death so you can't use your mirrors.
>top end power dies off fast, $3k civics will overtake you
>knobby/stiff DS tires aren't the best thing to corner hard with, and you will have to corner pretty hard or run wide and crash as a new rider. everyone takes that one corner too fast, at least once. grip and clearance are nice things to have when it happens. can you handle the skids? no.

Slightly bigger dedicated street bikes have things like mirrors with rubber dampers mounted to fairing stays and engines with more constant power delivery and smaller vibrations, top end power that works on the highway, bigger gas tanks, grippier tires stock, flatter, wider, softer seats, oh, and the possibility of actually carrying cargo with beefier subframes and luggage racks or bungee net hooks most of the time.

And did I mention headlights? You want to test ride a bike at night. Some have brilliant headlights, others leave you so blind that 50mph isn't a safe speed without lots of streetlights around.

MSC loans you a helmet and expects you to show up in over the ankle boots, a reasonably thick long sleeve shirt, and durable looking gloves. All can be had at walmart for $70 total and will protect you decently given the low speeds and lightweight bikes the course involves.

This sounds kind of bad, but are work boots and work gloves (maybe mechanic's gloves) permissible?

Some of the rubber might be degrading and I'd shine a flashlight into the gas tank, but if you're on this board it shouldn't be an issue to fix anything on an old bike. If it's not a fuel injected fully faired V4 nightmare all crammed into a twin spar stressed member frame

It's like working on a fucking lawmower.

If the forks aren't leaking oil, the steering is free, and the shock isn't squeaking go for it.

Those are crashers that think they are outcornering superbikes with their barely leaned over trail bike on road tires. Dual Sports are good for tall fucks that don't fit on small standards though.

I have with the chicag/o/ group, we got to sit behind an autist in his monte carlo while he crawled through some nice twisties that we road nearly an hour to get to. Wasn't great.

Buy gear because you will "need" it whether you take the course or not, then take the course and learn how to ride. That way if you are comfortable with your ability to ride or if you are scared/not great at it then you will be sure of wheter you want to buy a bigger or smaller bike

i saw someone crash during the msf basic rider course during the oval section

their walmart gear held up. total injuries amounted to a bloody knee. you buy motorcycle specific geaar under the assumption that you're going to crash above 30mph and probably slide into something or tumble down the road.

if you can't ride you don't want to be out hundreds on damaged gear

Where I live in Cali, yes. My neighbours voted for him. While I don't like the man he is president and that's that. I sincerely hope he can get shit done, but I doubt it.

This I kinda get. But I've lived everywhere, I'm a native to no state. Are there really that many Califags saying that shit. I love the state, but I realise it's problems. And honestly WA is my favourite state.

Interesting

At mine a dot certified helmet, heavy jacket, denim jeans, leather palmed gloves that cover the wrist bone, eye protection (goggles or visor), and footwear that goes above the ankle was pretty much the miminum/cheapest protection you could have.

For the MSF course you'll be fine with jeans, work/hiking boots, and basic work gloves, you'll rarely go above bicycle speed.

Stop giving me conflicting answers

How do I make motorcycle friends?

>taking the MSF course first
>not having a friend with a loaner shitbike he doesn't mind crashing to teach you the basics

Join a gang.
But you might have to kill someone first.

>/dbt/
>normiebook
>track days
>just ride around popular spots and talk to people

autism makes it difficult

I only have three (3) friends and each one of them are just as poor as me. I'd like to take the MSF course first so I can at least get my M-class and know how to somewhat ride then save up for a bike through wageslavery

>hiking boots
>work gloves

you'll get denied, but most of them sell cheapo leather gloves for 20 bucks.

taking the course saved me the cost of the course ($200) in insurance over the first year of bike ownership.

You're right I'll give up

So if I were to take the course, I show up with
>thicc jacket
>thicc jeans
>proper gloves
>ankle-high boots (not hiking boots)

and das it? Can I squeak by with work boots?

I know I'm an asshole, but there's something about riding through traffic like your running from the cops.
There was someone who changed lanes last second, had to make quick decision and swerved to the other side. Shit is exhilarating.
I know I shouldn't do this but I love the thrill.

>implying friend and course are mutually exclusive

i showed up in work boots, jeans, and normal motorcycle gear

everyone else showed up in work boots, denim jackets from goodwill, old jeans, and leather work gloves.

i still don't wear bike pants because it's top tier inconvenient and none of the riding jeans fit me

Idk, in Dallas I wore leather work gloves & hiking boots & I was fine.

Why don't you just read the fucking rules

Course I took someone wore hiking boots and mechanix gloves and they didn't care.

So I can piss you off instead

>i still don't wear bike pants because it's top tier inconvenient
I hope you never crash, because not having skin on your legs is pretty fucking inconvenient, user

dallasfag here as well (not who you're replying to though)
You think they'd be ok if I wore a pair of Justins for my boots? I've got some side zip boots for work but I dont want to risk scuffing them up too badly.

Where the fuck do you work where you need boots, but are also worried about scuffing them.

Well have fun when they send you home because you decided what to wear based on what some dude on the internet on the other side of the country said they required in his course run by totally different people.

Also inconvenient is only joyriding around the twisties and taking your car everywhere else because it's too hot to walk around your destination wearing two pairs of pants.

Those $1500 slip on touring pajamas are starting to look pretty nice, but you need a dedicated locking top box just to store it at your destination, and then two pigfat panniers to hold the stuff that would have gone in the top box

So don't walk around your destination wearing two pairs of pants you autist.

>yeah hold on let me take off my pants
>and maybe my shoes too

>time to go
>hold on let me put on my pants

I like the irony of it.
Considering people had their fun with a gallon of gasoline while carrying a barrel of booze.

Can you explain to me why it should matter if it takes you 30 seconds longer to get on your bike than for other people not getting on your bike to not get on your bike
>shit better not wear a helmet I don't want to have it on all day

>Indian
>booze
>gasoline
I like all of these things

Why are you wearing your riding pants over regular pants? Just wear your riding pants you fucking autist.

helmets are small and slip right on top of your head

pants, you are lucky to stuff halfway into a helmet rolled up and might not go over your boots even with the ankle zippers

riding jeans are really the best thing if you can find ones that aren't too long because "(sportbike) riding position bro" or don't have a baggy higschool autist fit. it's harder than finding armored pants that let you walk and still hold the knee armor in about the right place.

LEO, I have to keep them shined.

So the MSF-BRC is putting us on brand new Harley Street 500's. Anything I know know about these bikes?

Also need a comment to say to my instructor so he has a reason to hate me

Ok, I can understand that then.
Thank got the army went away from the black leather kind. I have not cleaned a pair since I been in.
But I feel like you shouldn't really scuff them much during brc anyway.

Indian is probably the only cruiser brand I actually like.
I mean to this day anyway. Cause I do like 40's-50's harleys.

They are pretty ok. So far everyone I've met with one is pretty laid back and not as judgmental as hardcore Harley owners.
I'm wanting them to come out with a standard and something with a fix fairing. That would make my weewee stiff

So this is my scooty puff junior...

...and this is my scooty puff senior

Yeah I wasn't excited when I had to start that shit either.
I'm actually not as worried about fucking them up as much as my Justins are new and I think they're c o m f y -er than my workboots.
I'll just ask when I sigh up I guess.

my (new) scooty puff senior

I don't get the hate for the cb500f, it feels like I'm flying on it compared to my nighthawk and it's so much nicer to ride

rate tendies, plz no bully since I have yet to do a track day :(

What bike is that

R6

I keep meaning to check my tendies, but whenever I go out I totally forget. Probably cause it doesn't really matter, but I am curious, wonder if I'll ever remember.

I´m pretty new, what are tendies?

Staple food for autistic kids

Look for that webm of the guy putting his tendie sauce wrappers in his auto shifter, it'll rustle your jimmies.

>watching shitty TV show
>bad guys on KLX450Rs
>two stroke sounds
EVERY FUCKING TIME REEEEEEEEEE

dallasfag #3 reporting in, my course was fine with me wearing cowboy boots, gardening gloves, jeans and a cotton long-sleeve shirt.

reeeeeeee i need to get a bike and meet dallasfags 1 and 2

No u rate mine

Should front tendies be smaller or bigger than rear tendies? :Thinking:

Is that u Calvin?

Bigger, unless you're actually Rossi on full slicks you won't be using the entire front tire.

Your rear tendies look to be about the same as mine, yet my front tendies can feed an african village for months

>:Thinking:

I did it guys, and it was $400 lol

are you towing that in the back of an el camino?

Okay good thanks:)
Change pressure up front?
Pic related
You seem to missing some fairings

Time to build me a street fighter

lol yea
lol yea

I've been running my front pressure a little high, 31. Maybe that's it, also make sure you're putting weight forward, try to smooch your mirrors x*
lol yaa