/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

RINGED CITY IS OUT, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED, STAY AWAY WHILE YOU PLAY IT BY YOURSELF

>Got triggered by her existence in the DLC:
>1.11 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839063734797566

>1.12 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839596812166515

>Ringed City DLC stuff
pastebin.com/4mUsZWmv

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fUN0yOWUHqw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Twin Greatshield best DLC wepon

well /dsg/? What's your excuse?

youtube.com/watch?v=fUN0yOWUHqw

I was jerking off, too busy with tits to bother.

Requesting ID's for +3 rings, can someone help a brother out here pretty please with my penis on top?

Is it just me or is the fat headless knight an orphan of kos reskin? The way he swings his weapon just looks so goddamn familiar, especially the jumping smash.

is cockeater midir the single worst boss in any souls game?

first attempt (NG, SL80) I died after getting maybe 2 hits in

beat it 2nd try but came within 50 health of dying before using a divine blessing right before a hit that would've killed me

10/10 nervous about how long it'll take me if I don't get lucky next time through

tolo is best streamer

They figured out how to make grouping hard. Just give the bosses 1000x hp. People should only summon one person now if they want help but idiots are summoning three.

>getting this mad about being invaded
okay own up which one of you is this

>tfw I legitimitely loved the DLC and everyone else is having a hissy fit
Literally the only thing I wish they had done is had a short cutscene after Gael like they did with Orphan in Blibble, but it didn't ruin it for me like it did everyone else. At least you get the closure of that side story by giving the thingy to painting loli

Does Ringed City have any NPC invaders with unique loot? If so, where are they? I don't want to miss them, but I don't want to be embered all the time.

cringe

that ruined it for me because from won't learn from past games and make different or better results for their games.
I sure hope I'm wrong.

It's not slutty if you wear heavy armor.

For the people who wanted the sliders last thread, it wasn't my creation, I just spotted it on /v/ and had to post it here.

>Gaels GS
Who else absolutely loves the "old, chipped, rusted, heavily worn out weapon that still wrecks shit" trope?

its moveset is so CUHRAYZEE
finally a greatsword other than the abyss watcher's with a weapon art that actually serves for something and still looks cool

Gael is the overall best fight in all of Soulsborne.

>Great lead up
>Cut scenes are good
>You've been following him the whole DLC; you can even summon him in the 2 DLCs
>Great moves and visuals for the fight
>Great arena
>Difficult, but not impossible (around Orphan, though I found him harder than Orphan)

>kill gael with hexer build
>get the dark soul
>THE dark soul
>lord soul powerful enough to have created and destroyed civilizations with just fragments of itself
>source of humanity the dark the abyss and the deep
>important enough for the series to be named after it
>transpose it
>no hexes
>any properties of the soul are overridden by santa claus quality weapons
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Midir might be my favourite boss of the series. He is so much fun

Would you like to help a friend and I take him down on NG7? If you're on ps4.

>Grouping Midir
>on NG7
ure fukd

Midir is one of those bosses where it's easier solo.

Summons just add to his power, and they die in 1/2 hits, and they'll be chugging the whole time whilst doing hardly any damage.

The Dark Soul obviously manifested itself in Gael closer to his original abilities; he throws Corona still, and it just hulked him out for the most part.

Now, if there was the ability to have it hulk out your PC, then yeah, yours would go closer to what happened to Manus; Dark Magic.

>enjoying DLC2
>suddenly the worst boss in any video game ever
midir was a mistake

This thread is now blessed by Gravelord Nito and the Pardoners of Velka.

Pass?
And it'll be okay, user.

If you guys are fighting Midir and having difficulty, why don't you try using a Greatshield of Glory, Havel's Greatshield, or Dragonhead Greatshield?

>like tolo
>hate his opinion that souls 3 is shit
what do i do

>Invade Lothric
>People wearing sorc outfit with warbanner

lmao fuckers

R8 desert dweller.

I feel like the CCGS would look better with that.

Why would you play Dark Souls 3 PVP when you can play an actual competitive game, like a fighting game or a MOBA? I've never understood it beyond trolling.

how much for him to sit on my face?

Oh, and get better gauntlets. Your forearms are showing and it looks ugly.

>m-muh secret club tribal mentality
I hope he was just trying to be funny
He probably wasn't

7/10 for mismatched colors and metal boots/gloves on a desert dweller

that being said, can pvp be done in the wasteland?

>don't like going through most of the levels and I don't know why.
It's because most areas are packed with tedious encounters. The angels and bow phantoms in the dlc are perfect examples. Is there a single area in DkS3 that doesn't throw a bunch of non-trivial enemies at you all at once?

Someone make Neynauld cosplay from Dankest Dungeon using banner spear and claymore/zweihander and Elite Knight armor.

Why didn't Gwyn just send Midir to kill Kalameet?

get better taste

The ears are clever.

did you put your sign down? I don't see any, if you know of a better spot tell me

Sign is down, friend.

>tfw no Mastodon Greatsword to really complete the look

how the fuck would you even begin to make a goddamn muzzle in the character creator. Even my worse intentional monstrosities haven't come close to being that mangled but also somehow coherent. How much autism went into perfecting this?

You can't invade in the area at all so I'm guessing no.

I'm pretty sure the "nose" is actually the mouth.

Nose and face protrusion at max I guess

The entire desert counts as a boss arena

disagree with him and acknowledge the fact that people you like don't always like things you do. Let your ego be at peace with that fact.

The nose is the nose. Mouth is below the chin.

is any one else having no luck at all being called into the church? I've been waiting an hour and I haven't been summoned once.

...Freya?

same

guess it's the usual

>everyone else is having a hissy fit

Everyone else loved it and burned through fifty threads gushing about it. What you have left now are the baddies still limping to the finish line. The ones who piss and moan about absolutely everything, who barely experience any of the game, by kicking their feet and screaming the game is bad until someone spoonfeeds them everything or carries them through the area via summon.

Shame. It could be a really neat place to PVP.

I need to get through my head that the DLCs have no bearing on the base game's plot and just does its own thing, DS3 especially so.

meanwhile when I was trying to beat it I ran into the same asshole 3 times (and no, it wasn't the npc)

wait a few days, when everyone and their mom wont be spearcucking but people will still be running the DLC

Anyone have a good way to farm for the Harald set? These drop rates are a pain and I feel like just running into the swamp is somewhat inefficient.

>tfw you get to Gael's third phase for the first time
>it's the fucking trailer music
>fucking lightning and storms and Guts-tier moves and shit
Fuck all of you, this is a great boss.

he was European so probably not also used the "xD" face

He's optional, though. Unless you want to become a boss that is.

Gael is about as hard too depending on how good you are at rolling and your Stamina.

>nobody cares about murkmen

You missed two solid days of people shitting their pants in rage about "infinitely respawning enemies".

thanks dood

now I am one with my edge

So the dark katana is ass apparently. How's the spell?

>spear of the church runs laps around the room while waiting for his painting guardian faggots to heal him

Two Midirs gassed successfully!
I will gas all your OP Dragons!
*PS4 only

player being a boss is a stupid fucking concept

we needed LGK 2

>In enemy hands, the Dragonhead Greatshield does damage and sends you flying

>In your hands, it does no damage and only does a dagger r1 stagger

Thank you man. If I ever feel the need to do this shit again for some reason, I'm definitely rerolling and Int build and using that spell.

Don't think I will, though.

Thank you.

Ay! I appreciate your taste in character equipment

>all of you

There's one guy crying about the DLC and he's samefagging like the autist he is.

except it's a literal who

L2Plunge

I'm trying to fight him on NG4. Pass is china.

Shields are for casuls, or so the meme goes.

Midir's job of containing the City was probably more important. Kalameet wasn't really much of an existential threat to the Gods going by Gough -- leave him alone and he'll leave you alone.

Midir is a really cool fight and I love 90% of it, they just made some bad decisions regarding his attack sequences
It has the same problem a couple of the other faster fights like Nameless King do, where if you're trying to use a slow weapon you have to miss damage opportunities because your animations are so long that that extra attack means you you don't have time to dodge the massive fire AoE or whatever, making smaller faster weapons deal more damage and be safer
Trying to do the fight with a Greataxe was suffering and it seemed like a shit boss that was 95% just rolling around waiting for one safe hit and then going back to rolling, but when I switched to the broadsword, any opportunity where I would have got 1 r1 with the greataxe I got 3 for more total damage, and I could fit in a few in places where I'd otherwise just have to wait for a safer opening and he went down pretty quickly. With the greataxe I could roll through 5 attacks in a row and never get an opportunity to do anything other than swing at his tail and hope the hitbox gods decided to let me connect that time.
Its a great fight with a fast weapon, although does take a bit long even with more aggressive punishes, but just slowing the spread of the fire by 25% would make it way more tolerable for slow weapons and not really impact anything else
I kind of suspect From doesn't playtest very much

No problem!
On it.

>It's a forced PVP gank squad encounter in order to progress in PVE episode

>he's what killed me on my no death run
>caught me panic rolling
Never forgiven

Yep, it's amazing.

Fucking Dark hexes flying everywhere
The music
The lightning
His cape even hulks out more (fuck his cape)
He adds more moves to his random combos

It's the best overall boss fight in all of them.

If I kill the church boss can I still get summoned to be the boss myself?

I don't understand how far you can go before you're restricted from getting summoned by the boss.

The literal only thing I disliked about Gael's fight is the "I CANNE SEE SHIT" syndrome where if you're standing too close at times when he summons the red orbs of fuck you he can prepare another move and whack you with it before he comes into view again.

Other then that it was a great fight.

I know that's a good way to kill them, but I can't think of a decent place to put that into practice.

Is there a trick to get summoned as a spear faster?

Been sitting here with my glowy covenant icon for 20 mins and havnt been summoned once

Are you Jake? Said unable to summon.

As opposed to who else? A literal who Pygmy? A Dark Soul of Cinder?

Gael gets you into the first DLC, has a bunch of dialogue, a cinematic, an armour set that tells his story, can be summoned, the crucial NPC of the DLC tells you about him, she tells you he headed out on a mission and what the mission was, you follow him throughout the entire thing, as he guides you around with signs, flags, and landing circles, he is obliquely mentioned on the way there, you eventually find him with yet another cutscene and more dialogue, and his soul and key item finally explain what happened to him while he was offscreen.

As far as character arcs go in Dark Souls, the nigger was practically the lead actor.

No

Literally everyone and their moms is spearfagging right now, don't expect to get any invasions

>summoned in alongside another phantom outside the Spear fight
>host leads us back then up the elevator to the dragon fight
>gets vored by Midir before me and the other phantom even hit the ground
how can you be this bad?

AHHHH I FINALLY KILLED THE DRAGON BOSS. RAN OUT OF ESTUS BUT STAGGERED HIM FOR THE KILL. PLEASE GIVE ME (you)'S

>give painting loli dark soul blood
>tell her my name
>literally nothing happens at all
Nice meme, Miazaki.

You fucking hack.

>forced

What is selecting "play offline"?

No, but you can revive him infinitely.

Run from the second RC bonfire to the stairs with all the fatties, draw their aggro, run back up the stairs and onto the bridge, plunge one, rinse and repeat.

POST YOUR PRETTIEST DS3 WAIFUS

LAST DLC IM SURE SOMEONE MADE A DECENT FACE BY NOW

Please my man, I need your service! Stuck on NG++, it's a battle of attrition and he always wins in the end.

Put your sign down at the ringed inner wall bonfire, I have the checkpoint unlocked. Pass is 'compeer'