What do you guys think of this car? Fully loaded Mazda 3 GT with 140k for $7000

What do you guys think of this car? Fully loaded Mazda 3 GT with 140k for $7000.

6k tops user

Are you looking for power/fun or reliability? Because for that price you can get something so much better

Looks nice enough, make sure it's not full of rust though.

Mazda 3's are surprisingly fun with the 2.3.

You can get a first gen speed3 for like 10k, do that instead.

Why is it a gt if it doesn't have over 300hp

Buying from a dealership. Should be fine.

Mileage is always too high.

Buying from a dealership doesn't mean the car isn't a lemon.

The dealer just wants to make money, they'll tell you anything if they think it'll make you buy the car.

It's a Volkswagen desership and they claim they pre inspect all their cars

Dealers sell shitboxes all the time. The mileage is too high for that price. Needs to be 5500-6k. Auto or manual?

Rusty piece of crap grocery getters

>10 year old Japanese grocery getter
>$7k

This car would sell for $4k where I live (Toronto)

Ok, I work at a dealership and I do all the car inspections. Yes, they inspect it but 9/10 times they don't want to pay for any of the maintenance that I say the cars need. They will only pay for the shit like oil change, air filters, and maybe brakes or tires if they are obviously worn out. Also, with a car that has like 100k+ they definitely aren't putting any money into it because banks won't give an auto loan on an old high mileage vehicle (you can still get personal loans) so the dealer will likely sell it as a "cash car".

Dont. They dont hold up past 150kms. 5500 tops.

jew him down to 5

If it were me is take the car to be inspected by a reputable mechanic (I.e not a mate) and get a report drawn up of what needs doing.

It's got 140k miles, something will need doing.

Buying from a dealer doesn't guarantee a quality car, just the same as buying privately doesn't guarantee you'll her nothing but lemons. It's up to you to do your homework and make sure the car you're buying isn't a polished turd, regardless of who or where you buy it from.

*get

Buy a 7 series for 3k

My first car was a 2006 Mazd3 GT, fun little car. I had a 5 speed manual, the 4 speed autos have a manumatic function but it's not the same.

Wasn't the most reliable, as half the car is FoMoCo, but it handled well and the interior was very nice. Comfiest seats ever.

Parts are relatively cheap and plentiful (again, it's mostly Ford stuff and there's a ton of Mazda3's and Focus's driving around).

Watch out for rust though, that will sneak up on the trunk lid. Third brake light is especially bad, there's a foam gasket in there that seals out water, but traps it between the lens and the metal. Rusts out slowly and blisters from the inside. If you live somewhere warm it shouldn't be a problem.

Lastly, the dealer is charging too much. I paid $10,000 CAD for a 2006 Mazda3 GT in 2012, and that was with full maintenance records and clean Carproof.

You should be paying 5-6 max.

Dude you could get a 2nd gen hatch with 90 to 110k for that much and still overpay. Hell speed 3s with thay range go for a similar price

That thing shares the platform and a lot of the tech with Ford Mondeos, doesn't it? My mate who was a huge Mazda autist condemned the old 3 and 6 to the deepest depths of hell for being such huge shitboxes.
They aren't all THAT reliable and constantly have small things going tits up on them.

Speed3's will be blown to shit and need $6,000 in repairs at that mileage. The only people who bought those cars abused the fuck out of them, and the only people who continue to buy them are swaggot yolo boiracers.