Alright lads. i'm about to make all conventional doorfags "woke"

alright lads. i'm about to make all conventional doorfags "woke".

sliding door ok? but wait, it doesn't swing out then slide...it swings IN.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Dynamics_F-16_Fighting_Falcon#Overview
twitter.com/AnonBabble

this now an F35 thread.

>cant turn can't climb cant run

the corvette of planes

>reks shit in BVR
>even if bandit gets into WVR, can just fucking lock onto/shoot missiles at targets behind it
Why even care about dogfighting?

Because the F-22 and F-15 are the USA's air superiority fighters while the F-35, F-16, and F/A-18 are multi-role and thus master of none.

F-16 is an interceptor, not multi role, IIRC its the fastest fighter in the US inventory.

F-15's are being gradually retired as most of them are older than the majority of Veeky Forums

>F-15's are being gradually retired as most of them are older than the majority of Veeky Forums
Uh, pretty sure they're older than fifteen my dude

F-16 is not an interceptor nor fast. Stick to cars you guys

Energy management is crucial to missile based engagements. Missiles only burn for a few seconds and the momentum imparted by the aircraft is a major factor in kill chance. Air combat is not a video game where you can just pew pew point and shoot.

F-35s maneuverability has improved since that famous loss to an F-16 because they made the fly by wire computers less restrictive, but it still isnt great.

Furthermore, irl engagements are far from perfect. Powerful ground radars can vector waves of IRST fighters to a lightly armed stealth aircraft and force it to flee or fight closer than optimal. Also, IFF and rules of engagement play a part. In most recent wars US pilots were required to visually ID before firing to prevent fratricide. Small scale police action patrol interception type engagements like with the F-14s near Libya will always be WVR because of politics.

F15's were introduced in the 70's and 80's Dude.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Dynamics_F-16_Fighting_Falcon#Overview

>Highly nimble, the F-16 was the first fighter aircraft purpose-built to pull 9-g maneuvers and can reach a maximum speed of over Mach 2.

Yes pulling 9g's is slow as fuck.

That's absolutely stupid. Not only would you have to clear up space for sliding the door into on the inside, but it would also carry all outside wetness and dirtiness of the door into the vehicle.

Sliding doors in general are underrated though.

f15 > mig23 > f86 and mig 17 > power gap > shit > f100, f35 and mig15

>f100
>shit
555-come-on-now

Nigga are you insane
I've flown east european airborne tractors rated for +6g
That does not make them fast
The F-16 is also not the fastest fighter you gonk

>dat thrust vectoring

hnnnngggg

f-22 masterrace

is the leading edge of the F-35 breaking the sound barrier as it makes that turn or is that thrust vectoring?

Damn, the f22 looks like it can burn through it's energy at lightspeed. I'm super surprised that the f35 can keep up with the Mirage 2k in angle of attack! Those engines on the 35 must be retard tier powerful.

>can't turn
Wrong

>Can't climb
Fucking wrong again

>Can't run
Strike 3, yer outta there! It regains energy even faster in dives than your mom can suck my dick!

Newsflash: Unless you're in the air force or a pilot knowing this much about aircraft is autistic on the same level as train enthusiasts.

get fucked tripfag maybe people just like planes

Some people think warplanes are cool.

>17242579
Sike I'm both a pilot and a dirty autist

What now

Bread on wing

Ah yes
That'll go well
"Hey captain, A check is done lemme just chuck bread on the wing for a norwegian stonecarving chatroom"

You never know until you try, user.

>6g and 9g are close
Armchair pilots, everyone

>F-16 is the fastest plane
>It can do 9gs
>I've flown 2/3 of that
>Therefore I am 2/3 as fast
Except you're a fucktard

Post your logbook, bitch

the F-35 doesn't have any thrust vectoring, it's all done with the massive control surfaces.